American Express branded reward card worth $150 USD - 14000 STARPOINTS

not bad, 1%

SleekWallet said: nymgiants said: new reward for starwoods points

American Express branded reward card worth $50 USD - 5000 STARPOINTS
American Express branded reward card worth $100 USD - 9500 STARPOINTS

not bad, 1%

Also known as up to 1.07%.

I've had this card over a year now and still have not been charged the annual fee.

didn't make a phone call or anything... weird.

i opened mine a couple of months ago and i sill havent heard anything about my starwood points,

does anybody know how long it takes?

thanks

SleekWallet said: i opened mine a couple of months ago and i sill havent heard anything about my starwood points,

does anybody know how long it takes?

thanks

It will be there in your SPG account right after your first statement, with your first charge. It should be real fast.

Call them and get it credited. Make sure that you have an SPG account set up and the SPG account information is passed onto your AMEX Starwood account.

Limited offer:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/promotions/registration/landing_page.html?promoID=NBE

Register now to earn 4,000 Starpoints® when you stay at any Four Points® by Sheraton hotel for four nights. Know what you can get for 4,000 Starpoints? Plenty. A free night. 4,000 airline miles. Or loads of other benefits.

So bonus Starpoints. Free bottled water, High Speed Internet Access, and WiFi. And the ultra-cozy Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed TM. Don’t miss this great offer.

Get to it. Register now and book online for the best rates, or call 888-625-4988 and mention registration code NBE.

FatsWalleter said: SleekWallet said: nymgiants said: new reward for starwoods points

not bad, 1%

what is this exactly?

150/140

dupon said: 150/140

hu?

FatsWalleter said: SleekWallet said: nymgiants said: new reward for starwoods points

not bad, 1%

Nice to have as an option, but for 14000 points I can get 2 weekend nights in a pretty nice Cat 3 Starwood property, or 4 nights in a Cat 2. I'd say the nights are both a lot better use of my pts than a giftcard.

FFGuru said: Europe.....C....Cathay.....50,000..Book on British using Cathay Miles (parners)
Are you sure they don't require 60,000 miles?

DBTZ said: FatsWalleter said: SleekWallet said: nymgiants said: new reward for starwoods points

not bad, 1%

what is this exactly?

$50 / 5000 Starpoints * 100 = 1% CashBack
$100 / 9500 Starpoints * 100 = 1.05% CashBack
$150 / 14000 Starpoints * 100 = 1.07% CashBack

fyi for the person that asked about hilton vs spg -- hilton will not allow airline transfers as of 1/1/07

I was in the Account/Promotions & Offers Page of my TD Ameritrade Apex account and this was offered:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/promotions/registration/landing_page.html?promoID=apex

For those who know SPG ins and outs, is this a good deal?

ETFnerd said: I was in the Account/Promotions & Offers Page of my TD Ameritrade Apex account and this was offered:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/promotions/registration/landing_page.html?promoID=apex

This is a fast-track to gold status. They'll start you off at the bottom and after 5 stays bump you to gold. I believe normally it would take 15 stays.

There's really no reason to do it unless you actually plan on staying 5 times within the year, but its free to become a member, so why not?

Thanks, I think the site says the Gold is conferred after 10 1-day stays. I can stay at a Westin or Sheraton on business trips. Is the accrual of points at 3pts per $ valuable or just standard?

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/benefits/benefits_gold.html

3 pts / $ is valuable - I am a big starwood AMEX user and stay at starwood hotels whenever I can to earn points. I'll tell you what is nice about SPG, it is EASY to use your rewards, no vouchers (think Marriott) or anything else annoying, you go to their website, pick the hotel, pick the night, click use my points, and its done - you show up and no charge, no tax, no nothing. - Best of all no blackouts. That's my little rave, hope it helps you decide.

Could somebody point on where this redemption is? I can't find it on the SPG website under the Starpoints Awards section.

runnerx said: DBTZ said: FatsWalleter said: SleekWallet said: nymgiants said: new reward for starwoods points

not bad, 1%

what is this exactly?

$50 / 5000 Starpoints * 100 = 1% CashBack
$100 / 9500 Starpoints * 100 = 1.05% CashBack
$150 / 14000 Starpoints * 100 = 1.07% CashBack

brmaloy said: ETFnerd said: I was in the Account/Promotions & Offers Page of my TD Ameritrade Apex account and this was offered:

This is a fast-track to gold status. They'll start you off at the bottom and after 5 stays bump you to gold. I believe normally it would take 15 stays.

There's really no reason to do it unless you actually plan on staying 5 times within the year, but its free to become a member, so why not?

When you get the AMEX starwoods card doesnt that make you at gold status itself ?

Thanks for this excellent post, FFGuru. I applied for SPG couple of weeks back and am looking forward to racking up all those points

heathriel said: I got 500 "stay bonus" points for buying a soda at the Westin Waltham lobby bar with my Starwood AMEX.

Worked.

Any ideas about how to combine the AMEX WishCert (4th night free) with SPG card perks?

I recently got this card and my bonus points(6000) hasnt been posted so I emailed customer service and they said it will be posted 8-10 weeks after my first purchase. Just an FYI to those who recently got this card and are waiting for the bonus points to show up!

Got an email today about earning bonus points through July and Aug. Earn 1500 bonus points for every $3000 in spending. No mention of having to register my card so it may be a targeted offer, YMMV.

Terms and Conditions
* Cardmembers will earn 1,500 bonus points for every $3,000 of eligible charges made from 7/1/2006 through 8/31/2006. Ineligible charges include cash advances, Express Cash transactions, balance transfers, and convenience checks. Bonus Starpoints earned via this promotion cannot exceed 4,500 points. These points will be posted to your account 8-12 weeks after 8/31/2006. Offer is valid for select Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Cardmembers only. All Starpoint redemptions are subject to the terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, which are subject to change without notice. Full terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program can be found at www.spg.com. Starwood is not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.

jlgrandam said: Got an email today about earning bonus points through July and Aug. Earn 1500 bonus points for every $3000 in spending. No mention of having to register my card so it may be a targeted offer, YMMV.

It is a target promo according to the flyer talk thread here

Is there a more comprehensive list of hotels with the free stay (tier 1) option? All I could find was this, surely there have to be some hotels in the entire state of California?

Thanks for the help.

Anon

Hi i remember that there was a promo to upgrade to gold or platnium membership on starwood, is that offer still valid, does anyone have any ways on how i can upgrade?? thanks!

Where did you see this? can you provide a link?
thanks

nymgiants said: new reward for starwoods points

yijiepeng said: Where did you see this? can you provide a link?
thanks

1. www.starwood.com/preferredguest/
2. Sign-in
3. Click "Starpoint Awards" (top bar)
4. Click REDEEM
5. Scroll down to "2) Look who you can redeem your Starpoints with"

or LINK

AnonymousCoward said: Is there a more comprehensive list of hotels with the free stay (tier 1) option? All I could find was this, surely there have to be some hotels in the entire state of California ?Just one; I have no idea why it doesnt show up in your North America list above : Los Angeles

Are you talking about Westin at Home cards ?

Experience the Westin at Home Store
Now its easier than ever to bring heaven home. Simply redeem your Starpoints for a Westin at Home card which can be used to purchase Westin At Home products including the Heavenly Bed At Home. The reward card is pre-loaded and ready to use with the value printed on the face of the cardone reward card point equals one dollar in purchasing power. Note: 1 Starpoint does not equal 1 reward card point.

only can be used in the Westin at Home Store? or all store?
thanks for your help

colebert said: yijiepeng said: Where did you see this? can you provide a link?
thanks

1. www.starwood.com/preferredguest/
2. Sign-in
3. Click "Starpoint Awards" (top bar)
4. Click REDEEM
5. Scroll down to "2) Look who you can redeem your Starpoints with"

or LINK
Text

There is a drop down bar at the right that says "Starwood Redemption Partners". You can cycle through every redemption option for gift cards. If you are thinking there is a cash-card option, I don't think that exists.

yijiepeng said: Are you talking about Westin at Home cards ?

In reading the AMEX Westin card's terms it appears that the card can be used at any vendor that accepts American Express. There is a potential to earn more than 1% "cash" back by redeeming 14,000 Starwood points for $150.

This another great feature of an already fantastic card!

djscal said: In reading the AMEX Westin card's terms it appears that the card can be used at any vendor that accepts American Express. There is a potential to earn more than 1% "cash" back by redeeming 14,000 Starwood points for $150.

This another great feature of an already fantastic card!

Can anyone confirm?

I'm not sure if it is really what it meant but redeeming star points for 1% cash is a very poor way of using starpoints. You can easily stay in a 2* hotel for 4 nights free with 14,000 starpoints. Try doing that with $150, tax included.

Has anyone got "Earn 10,000 Starpoints with your first purchase" pre-approved,

fboyfboy said: I'm not sure if it is really what it meant but redeeming star points for 1% cash is a very poor way of using starpoints. You can easily stay in a 2* hotel for 4 nights free with 14,000 starpoints. Try doing that with $150, tax included.

It's more than 1% 1st of all, and 2nd of all my point is that the card is now capable of being an excellent Cash Back rewards card in addition to the Starwood rewards. I normally wouldn't pick the Cash Back option either, but having the flexibility is nice.

fboyfboy said: I'm not sure if it is really what it meant but redeeming star points for 1% cash is a very poor way of using starpoints. You can easily stay in a 2* hotel for 4 nights free with 14,000 starpoints. Try doing that with $150, tax included.

agree 100%
thats why i have so many starpoints and cant bring myself to cash out!
wish i had so much time to vacation!

dawhim said: sign up to pay two bills automatically and earn 2000 starpoints

your link is messed up.

I tried registering, but it said my card wasn't valid for this offer. I guess it's targetted... Thanks for posting it anyway!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014