• filter:
  • 1304305306307 308
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
dpa789kd said:   Has anyone bought anything off Auction.com? There are a few houses in my area listed on there but it appears they only give you a quit claim deed. On a couple listings it appears the house is still in owner's name so I assume the bank hasn't taken it yet. They say property is still occupied. I guess this is similar to buying off the courthouse steps? We have been buying vacant foreclosures but it seems some of the banks here have stopped listing them and and going through this site. In the past there hasn't been anything of interest on Auction.com so I haven't looked into it. Thanks
† Auction.com always says the house is occupied even if you know they have been vacant for months. Around here, they list houses, get bids but never sell them. †They are eventually listed on MLS. I am unaware of a single property sale ever being successful with them. †Last week, I started reading some of the paperwork a buyer would be required to sign and it was a joke. †Signing this forfeited all of your rights. I read quite a few bad reviews on-line but some were from people who obviously don't understand how auctions work. †Interesting to see if any FW's have ever bought a property through them

rated:
dpa789kd, vadeltachi, JaxFL, - thanks for the replies.
1. only two original names on lease not the SO or kids
2. funding by veterans/housing lease clearly states that due to passing the lease terminates immediately, but will pay coming month to allow deceased belongings to be removed.
3. good point, they are moving others in/out and breaching the lease anyways.† I will treat it as a new tenant/lease and go through the whole motion to see if they are the right fit.

Thanks.

rated:
I don't know if this is the right forum, but here goes.

1. My rental sfh converted back to personal use Sept 2014.
2. Interest only loan(family).
3. Loan restructured (interest rate decrease IRS family loan rate)

I cant figure out how to get Turbo Tax to properly allocate interest to business and personal, it wants to straight prorate.

TIA

rated:
superkid said:   dpa789kd, vadeltachi, JaxFL, - thanks for the replies.
1. only two original names on lease not the SO or kids
2. funding by veterans/housing lease clearly states that due to passing the lease terminates immediately, but will pay coming month to allow deceased belongings to be removed.
3. good point, they are moving others in/out and breaching the lease anyways.† I will treat it as a new tenant/lease and go through the whole motion to see if they are the right fit.

Thanks.

† So you are saying that you used/had to use the lease provided by this "housing authority"?† If so...if the lease terms state its terminated, then it likely is. If its just another doc then the question is does it supersede your lease or bind the other occupant.† Need to read and understand the docs.† May just need to talk with tenant and tell them you need new app, qualify etc...† if you think you want them to stay. Even if they move in others but do pay on time... you could just let lease run its course and then non renew.

rated:
JaxFL, Thanks you always have the sound advice.† Yes, had to use the housing lease as she is a veteran. Because they will pay last month of March, I will take your suggestion and watch them for the month as they technically are paid through March. just wanted to be prepare in advance...basically cover my bases/angles before it comes too late.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1304305306307 308
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015