• 1314315316317 318
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
AbbaZabba said:   
solarUS said:   
AbbaZabba said:   Has anyone seen anything with solar for renters? Just an idea I had, but similar to how many companies will put solar on your house and charge you a slightly lower amount for electricity, could you put solar on your rental (for cheap) monitor the output and charge the renters slightly less than the utility? Seems like a win/win
except now YOU become the utility...handling/collecting bills, being the go-between on disputes, yadda yadda...and now, most importantly, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE POWER TO SHUT OFF SERVICES FOR NON-PAYMENT. no thanks.

as an aside - I put solar panels on a bunch of rentals a few years ago. I did it because a) the tax credits in my state were super generous, b) they increase the value of my houses somewhat, and c) they are good as advertisement for eco-conscious millennial types.

Yea it seems like the way to go is just to put the system on next time they are empty and up the rent by $100 a month.

good luck with that. unless they will save the renter >$100/mo, that high rent might be a hard sell.

rated:
manrental said:   From my interpretation in the statement:  "(1) Commencing July 1, 2014, all smoke alarms including combination smoke alarms, that are solely battery powered shall contain a nonreplaceable, nonremovable battery that is capable of powering the smoke alarm for at least 10 years. EXCEPTION: This section shall not apply to any smoke alarm or combination smoke alarm that has been ordered by, or are in the inventory of, an owner, managing agent, contractor, wholesaler, or retailer on or before July 1, 2014, until July 1, 2015."

The mention of the word 'owner' sounds like its directed at landlords.  So, I'm interpreting it from a landlord perspective.

Thats in the context of "new listings" of smoke alarms by manufactuerer/.    Thats directed at sales of alarms.   

Not to mention the part you quote is actually an exception to the law.

See discussion of the bill here :
http://www.searchmontereypeninsulahomes.com/blog/smoke-detector-...
and
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/New-Requirements-for-Smoke...

rated:
jhapad said:   In AZ, what are the cheap home insurance companies to insure rental house?

I recently converted primary SF home ($225K) to rental property and my insurance company canceled the insurance.

Bump!!

rated:
jhapad said:   jhapad said:   In AZ, what are the cheap home insurance companies to insure rental house?

I recently converted primary SF home ($225K) to rental property and my insurance company canceled the insurance.

Bump!!

I have no idea for Arizona, other than to tell you I've had best rates on my rentals from Allstate.

Your best bet is to call some independent brokers that write for many companies. Let them do the work of shopping it. I did, and I was still better with Allstate. You typically will need to move all your policies over to get best rates

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1314315316317 318
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015