• filter:
  • 161626364 65
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I think redeaming for airline miles is such a better deal now! I (almost) regret all the points i redeemed for studetn loan rebates all these years. I would trade thejm back in a heartbeat!

rated:
I just redeemed my points for a last minute airline ticket and save 30 something bucks on a 16o or 170 something ticket (one way). Worked out for me.

rated:
FWIW, Target Gift Cards are back for redemption.

rated:
FYI, I tried the deposit check method via mobile BOA app and it doesn't work.

rated:
I used 20K points for a free trip from DFW to LAS

Sound pretty good to me lol

rated:
FYI, I tried the deposit check method via mobile BOA app and it doesn't work.

rated:
I tried mobile deposit with Schwab, and keep getting "Cannot read check. Please retake photo. Have steady hands, good lighting, and four check corners visible."

I don't have problems depositing other checks, but I'm not sure if it's due to the form factor or them preventing deposit via mobile app. The form factor is longer than a normal check, so the camera has to be further away to fit the whole check in the frame. Anyone have a similar experience? What's a backup, since I've already written on the check and Citi won't re-issue. Mail to Schwab?

rated:
jeremyemiller said:   I tried mobile deposit with Schwab, and keep getting "Cannot read check. Please retake photo. Have steady hands, good lighting, and four check corners visible."

I don't have problems depositing other checks, but I'm not sure if it's due to the form factor or them preventing deposit via mobile app. The form factor is longer than a normal check, so the camera has to be further away to fit the whole check in the frame. Anyone have a similar experience? What's a backup, since I've already written on the check and Citi won't re-issue. Mail to Schwab?

I had the same problem with mobile depositing to Discover Bank. I regularly deposited similarly large sized checks, so I knew size wasn't the problem. I noticed that the back side was completely white; most checks have stuff on the back. I placed a couple paper clips on the back so it wasn't all blank (aside from the endorsement). After a couple more tries it finally worked. I'm not 100% sure that was really the issue (it also might have just been a camera focus issue; it's hard to focus when it's completely blank) but it's worth a try. Also, I called Discover Bank and they said I could mail the check if it didn't work, or if it got rejected later.

rated:
Also, don't be afraid to scan the check and make it into a standard size. Print it, cut it out, and sign it like normal. I do this all the time with my HELOC checks since its a PITA to get more from my bank; I've been using the same one like 3 or 4 times now.

rated:
Please understand I am on dialup isp & fw is much easier to submit on than Citi Thank You Points
Does anyone know the $:ty pt ratio for paying for points at Amazon? bill pay with pts? statement credit? is there an ach transfer to a bank account?
I do not want to try the student loan check option & need to cash out my points so I can close my citi account. Thx for any help

rated:
$:ty for Amazon is horrendous, but worth it if you have no other options. Statement credit is equal.

If you want anything worthwhile, you have to get the SL or mortgage check, or book a flight.

rated:
In addition to the ratio being bad when paying with points at Amazon, remember that you are giving up consumer protections you normally receive from using a credit card. My most used example is extended warranties. Pay $.01 of a purchase with points and the rest on your Amex and Amex will not honor their extended warranty coverage. FYI

rated:
ragedogg69 said:   In addition to the ratio being bad when paying with points at Amazon, remember that you are giving up consumer protections you normally receive from using a credit card. My most used example is extended warranties. Pay $.01 of a purchase with points and the rest on your Amex and Amex will not honor their extended warranty coverage. FYI
  And you miss out on the 5% you should be getting with a citi forward card.

rated:
thx but please what are the ratios for Amazon billpay & statement credit?
how do gift card ratios compare to student loan & mortgage checks?
thx again for any help

rated:
statement credit is 0.75:1
gift card is 1:1

rated:
thx "+" your post
Amazon  and bill pay are  the same 0.75:1
student loan and mortgage check are 1:1, like the gift cards?
am I correct?

rated:
I read, but have not done myself:
Amazon is 0.80:1
Loan/mortgage is 1:1

air ticket is 1.25:1 (premier card)
or 1.33:1 (prestige card)
or 1:1 (everything else?)

rated:
libralibra said:   I read, but have not done myself:
Amazon is 0.80:1
Loan/mortgage is 1:1

air ticket is 1.25:1 (premier card)
or 1.33:1 (prestige card)
or 1:1 (everything else?)

and 1.6:1 (prestige for AA/US flights)

rated:
Phoned in and did a Student Loan redemption for Chase
I was asked how exactly I wanted the payable area to read
Checks have arrived
Success

rated:
Message initiated from topic: Best way to use Citi Thank You Points 
May I ask RE:"Phoned in and did a Student Loan redemption for Chase
Checks have arrived
Success"
How exactly did you have the "payable area to read" done (without your personal info, of course)Where & how did u deposit it (atm? walk in to a bank? mail in with deposit slip?)
thx 

Has anyone successfully deposited student loan checks by mail in with deposit slip? (ATM & walk in to a bank are not an option to me). Thanks fr any help

rated:
zjts said:   Message initiated from topic: Best way to use Citi Thank You Points 
May I ask RE:"Phoned in and did a Student Loan redemption for Chase
Checks have arrived
Success"
How exactly did you have the "payable area to read" done (without your personal info, of course)Where & how did u deposit it (atm? walk in to a bank? mail in with deposit slip?)
thx 

Has anyone successfully deposited student loan checks by mail in with deposit slip? (ATM & walk in to a bank are not an option to me). Thanks fr any help

The answers you seek are in this thread.  Many times.

rated:
In the last 3 weeks, Has anyone successfully deposited student loan checks by mail in with deposit slip? (ATM & walk in to a bank are not an option to me). Thanks fr any help

rated:
With the changes in fee and point earning structure now in effect, & Citibanks incredibly low interest rate,  I intend to close my Citibank banking accounts. I am very curious: Do any of you find the citibank bank accounts worth keeping open? Thx for you opinions.

rated:
zjts said:   With the changes in fee and point earning structure now in effect, & Citibanks incredibly low interest rate,  I intend to close my Citibank banking accounts. I am very curious: Do any of you find the citibank bank accounts worth keeping open? Thx for you opinions.
  I'm not sure about the fee change, and maybe I'm not seeing how point earning changed, (not this calculator? https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/portal/template.do?ID=TYCalculator), but just having an online bill payment automatic every month with CapitalOne 360 for "direct deposit", gives $4-5 in points every month, which is great in my book for a checking account. 

rated:
I am  referring to the "banking package changes chart" effective 1-1-2015 (citibank sent it to me in US mail) that shows the basic banking package (& student) will no longer be eligible for ThankYou rewards. Fee waiver requirements are the same, but I only had CITI bank account in order to earn the 600 TY ptspera month. It appears to me that all the banking packages that now earn TY pts require at least a $15,000 balance at trivial interest rates. Am I wrong? On my 1-23-15 statement I earned 0 ThankYoiu pts instead of 600 & there was a message
"As a reminder effective Dec. 17, 2014, you can no longer earn ThankYou Points with this account
package. However, ThankYou® Points already earned and credited to your ThankYou Member Account can be redeemed by visiting thankyou.com"

However, I went to your link (thx for that) https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/portal/template.do?ID=TYCalculator & plugged in my banking package & it still said Estimated ThankYou Points Banking Products and Services Subtotal In 1 Month:600

So either I am missing how to earn TY pts with my basic package now or the calculator is wrong... any ideas? thx for any help. I would not close my CITI bank accounts if I canget the fees waived with simple activitie, and earn TY pts.

rated:
agentjfong said:   
zjts said:   With the changes in fee and point earning structure now in effect, & Citibanks incredibly low interest rate,  I intend to close my Citibank banking accounts. I am very curious: Do any of you find the citibank bank accounts worth keeping open? Thx for you opinions.
  I'm not sure about the fee change, and maybe I'm not seeing how point earning changed, (not this calculator? https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/portal/template.do?ID=TYCalculator), but just having an online bill payment automatic every month with CapitalOne 360 for "direct deposit", gives $4-5 in points every month, which is great in my book for a checking account. 

I must be missing something . How do u earn $4-5 in points every month with just a checking account at CITI (with auto online billpay)? Are there 0 fees? I'd love to set this up so any details are greatly appreciated.

rated:
The change in earning points is discussed here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1380674/

It may be worthwhile keeping The Citibank Account relationship if you can satisfy the $10K minimum requirement to avoid the monthly fees as mentioned here. You can easily get 675 TYP/mo. And a better yield on your deposit if you happen to have some older CDs open.

rated:
zjts said:   
agentjfong said:   
  I'm not sure about the fee change, and maybe I'm not seeing how point earning changed, (not this calculator? https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/portal/template.do?ID=TYCalculator), but just having an online bill payment automatic every month with CapitalOne 360 for "direct deposit", gives $4-5 in points every month, which is great in my book for a checking account. 

I must be missing something . How do u earn $4-5 in points every month with just a checking account at CITI (with auto online billpay)? Are there 0 fees? I'd love to set this up so any details are greatly appreciated.

Checking + billpay + direct deposit -> 450 points.

rated:
Isn't $10000 the min bal you must maintain in linked accounts to avoid fees now that tha basic banking package is not eligible for TY pts?
So compared to 1% apy elsewhere to citi's less than 0.1%, I lose $8 in interesta month. I am just trying t understand what I am missing before I close my citibank accounts. Thx for any explanation.

rated:
I don't know how you got less than 0.1%. At $0.01/TYP, it's $4.50*12/$10000 ~= 0.54%.
If you add Savings and Auto Save to the above, you get 675 TYP/mo, or 0.81%.
If you put the $10K in a 1-yr CD, you get 1.01%. It's better if you already have some older CDs earning more than the pathetic rates Citi is currently offering on CDs.

rated:
The 0.1% was referring to citibanks apy's. So yes, . At $0.01/TYP, it's $4.50*12/$10000 ~= 0.54%.

but I can easily get 1% apy on  insured  accounts at several other banks with no monthly fees, some with no minimum balance. So I am still trying to understand what makes Citibank TY pts offer worthwhile. I used to think it was great so I am trying to understand what I am missing

rated:
It's not worthwhile to get into, but if you have enough in old CDs that haven't matured yet, then it could make sense. A few years ago 5-yr CDs paid above 2%.

rated:
zjts said:   The 0.1% was referring to citibanks apy's. So yes, . At $0.01/TYP, it's $4.50*12/$10000 ~= 0.54%.

but I can easily get 1% apy on  insured  accounts at several other banks with no monthly fees, some with no minimum balance. So I am still trying to understand what makes Citibank TY pts offer worthwhile. I used to think it was great so I am trying to understand what I am missing

tax-free buddy

rated:
i guess the best way to redeem for me would be get a flight ticket

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 161626364 65
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015