• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
My sister is looking for advice on how to make the most out of $2000 in a month. She has ideas for active trading. Buy and sell on the same day and even if the stocks gain .20 per share she will be happy.

Can anyone advice a better way to make some $ without risking money?, I personally think trading is not a better idea because of all the fees+commission she wouldn't make much. She is a homemaker and trying to lend some hand to her husband. She is looking to make atleast $250 a month with the $2000. I am an amature when it comes to investing.
Edit by Moderator: Thank you for participating in the forums. However, this topic has been covered in a recent post Here.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

vajjas1 said: [Q]My sister is looking for advice on how to make the most out of $2000 in a month. She has ideas for active trading. Buy and sell on the same day and even if the stocks gain .20 per share she will be happy.

Can anyone advice a better way to make some $ without risking money?, I personally think trading is not a better idea because of all the fees+commission she wouldn't make much. She is a homemaker and trying to lend some hand to her husband. She is looking to make atleast $250 a month with the $2000. I am an amature when it comes to investing.

With $2000 total capital or $2000 per month?

If it's $2000 total, earning $250 per month would get you $3000 per year or an 150% return (which is ridiculous).

$250 a month on a $2000 investment is a return of 12.5% per month, or about 310% APR. There is absolutely no way to do that without taking quite extreme risks.

There is no way to make 12.5% a month with no risk of losing money... this sounds like a terrible idea to me and she would be better off getting a part time job if she wants to help out.

you can do it with equipment leasing

Open "check into cash" store.

The APR's there can be around 488% <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>

Or apply for the AMEX business cards - no investment required. If that's gone, try the gold card with 200 credit after paying (or pre-paying) taxes <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>

surf HD, buy $2k worth of stuff, sell on eBay. only almost sure way to make $250/month.

You can try buying things for cash and selling them on eBay, making profits after rebates. It's possible to make that kind of money with $2000 spent per month - but she needs to keep good records, and visit FW hot deals more often <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border=0>

Much less riskier than active trading, but does require work - but she could be just fine shopping for deals, especially since she doesn't have to take care of children, as it seems.

vajjas1 said: [Q]My sister is looking for advice on how to make the most out of $2000 in a month. She has ideas for active trading. Buy and sell on the same day and even if the stocks gain .20 per share she will be happy.

Can anyone advice a better way to make some $ without risking money?, I personally think trading is not a better idea because of all the fees+commission she wouldn't make much. She is a homemaker and trying to lend some hand to her husband. She is looking to make atleast $250 a month with the $2000. I am an amature when it comes to investing.

Have her sign up for one of those "stuffing envelopes at home" or "assembling products at home" ads you see in the back of tabloids. I hear some people involved with those programs are making thousands of dollars a month!

vajjas1 said: [Q]My sister is looking for advice on how to make the most out of $2000 in a month. She has ideas for active trading. Buy and sell on the same day and even if the stocks gain .20 per share she will be happy.


you can't daytrade with $2000, and what happens if the stock loses .20 per share?


miserly said: [Q]surf HD, buy $2k worth of stuff, sell on eBay. only almost sure way to make $250/month.

I turn it in to more than $250 a month! But...it does take actual work and it looks like the OP isn't looking for something like that.

miserly said: [Q]surf HD, buy $2k worth of stuff, sell on eBay. only almost sure way to make $250/month.

then you gotta post pictures

Put it all on the Steelers!


winter said: [Q]Invest the $2k in a boob job and then get a part-time job as a stripper.I think that's only enough for one boob. Do people pay to see that?

I got it, it did sound stupid tog et $3000 out of $2000, i am assuming the maximum return she could get is 5% or 6% for FD's. Any other suggestion how to get most?

Lol i bet my sister would not appreciate if i tell her to get a boob job or better my brother in law will have me on his hit list....thanks guys

26 Black is the answer to all your money issues <img src="i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif" border=0>

miserly said: [Q]surf HD, buy $2k worth of stuff, sell on eBay. only almost sure way to make $250/month.probably THE BEST way mentioned thus far. And if she cant resell the stuff for a quick profit, she can return to the store for 100% refund.

Big return, low risk.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014