• filter:
  • 179808182 83
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
gtr2014 said:   I don't have a goal, just want to take advantage of the Cash Back bonus. 

For those who are doing the AORs frequently how do you get the approvals if you already applied for so many credit cards (within a year)?

You either do or you don't, there's no real trick to it. Some lenders are more uptight about inquiries than others. Doing all of the apps on the same day (at least in theory) helps with this process. That way, inquiries fall off your report at the same time so you can do the AOR's cyclically, and that way the lenders don't see that you applied for four cards in the same day until after you're approved.

Can you provide a link to the Fifth Third CC that you mentioned? I haven't seen that offer up online anywhere.

rated:
You can probably downgrade (product change) your Chase Sapphire to a no fee card at the one year mark. We don't like to see folks cancel cards - contrary to some of the popular press, keeping your cards, LOTS of cards and having a long rich history of big credit lines will help your credit score, not hurt.

gtr -- People vary on how much credit they apply for - some do apps three or four times a year, some once or twice. If you start getting denied, you know you are about reaching the limit.

You can search of of the other FWF threads for who is generous and who is stingy on giving additional credit when you've already had some hard pulls. IIRC, Barclays is one that doesn't like to see recent hard pulls, so you can do them first. A lot of CUs are less picky, so you can do them last. CUs typically don't have cash bonuses for signing up for credit cards though...

rated:
draculatreeforest said:   
gtr2014 said:   I don't have a goal, just want to take advantage of the Cash Back bonus. 

For those who are doing the AORs frequently how do you get the approvals if you already applied for so many credit cards (within a year)?

You either do or you don't, there's no real trick to it. Some lenders are more uptight about inquiries than others. Doing all of the apps on the same day (at least in theory) helps with this process. That way, inquiries fall off your report at the same time so you can do the AOR's cyclically, and that way the lenders don't see that you applied for four cards in the same day until after you're approved.

Can you provide a link to the Fifth Third CC that you mentioned? I haven't seen that offer up online anywhere.

With everything being electronic and updated quickly, other issuers can see your other inquiries the same day (that's why you will sometimes receive rejection letters saying "too many recent inquiries" after doing an AOR with other issuers). HOWEVER, they cannot see the amount of the credit line that was approved until some time after (up to a week later is my understanding). This can be a huge plus if you were granted a large line that same day and were applying for additional cards. Remember, in addition to the number of inquiries, issuers often try to be cautious about overexposing themselves to the risk that you would overspend without being able to pay your debts.

rated:
Different issuers take different amounts of time to report new credit lines. For me, anyway.

Barclays and B of A report the new line to the credit bureaus within a couple days.

Citi and Chase take a month or so.

So there is an advantage to doing an App Spree, as opposed to spacing them out every couple weeks, because you can have all of your new accounts 3+ months old at the time of application for new cards.

MP

rated:
Wanted to say a big thank you for everyone who has posted in this thread. I read the original AOR thread and all 83 pages of this one.

Im still very new at this but I kind of understand that previously money was made from transferring money on interest free cards to interest bearing accounts and scoop the profits. Now its more about the sign up bonuses and the rewards.

I previously signed up for cards based on purely Cash Back and pay them off every month.

I use the Chase Freedom and Discover for 5% Cash Back on gas (6 months of the year)
I use the BOA cash rewards and Amex blue cash for grocery, store, utility and Gas purchases.

Im very much interested in signing up for new cards and reaping the rewards, both travel and cash.

I was also wondering if there were any specific websites that outlined a specific strategy for churning cards/rewards if you don't have a massive
monthly spend.
Is it possible to pay my mortgage or car loans with my cards, either directly or indirectly?

Some things talked about on here were in very vague terms. The setting up of multiple Amazon accounts (and losing them?)
The use of buying store cards such as vanilla reloads of green dot to churn money. Again I couldn't find specifics?

Is this stuff you just have to work out for yourself or could somebody point me in the right direction.

My credit score is currently around 730 (and improving) with around 50K income a year.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks again for everyone who posted in this thread. I have learned a lot.

rated:
pdel -- Google "manufactured spending" and you'll find some ways to increase your throughput. Flyertalk has a whole forum dedicated to it.

rated:
Mini AOR last week - 2 out of 3 - received both cards yesterday

US Bank Club Carson Signature 85K points - instant approved with 9k limit
Citi Hilton 60k points - instant approved with 11k limit
Business Amex SPG - declined, too many inquiries and accounts opened

rated:
I'am going for an AOR this week, my score is up to 760 after my last AOR and I'm going for 7 cards this time. This would be my first time asking Barclays and Capital One for a credit card. I'am still undecided if i should go for the Hyatt or the Sapphire Preferred on Chase.

Amex Starwood Preferred - 10,000 sgp
Barclay Arrival + - 40,000 points
BoA Spirit World MasterCard - 15,000 miles
Chase Sapphire(40,000 points) or Hyatt(2 free nights) undecided
US Bank Club Carlson - 85,000 points
Capital One Quicksilver - $100
Citi AAdvantage - 30,000 miles

Any ideas or suggestions?

rated:
Thanks For sharing Sir!
I really love this forum!

rated:
rperez4 said:   I'am going for an AOR this week, my score is up to 760 after my last AOR and I'm going for 7 cards this time. This would be my first time asking Barclays and Capital One for a credit card. I'am still undecided if i should go for the Hyatt or the Sapphire Preferred on Chase.

Hyatt free nights expire in a year. Unless you are planning to stay at one of their more expensive hotels in the next year or so, I would wait on the Hyatt card. When I got the Hyatt card earlier this year, I was offered a $50 statement credit plus the two free nights when I made a reservation on Hyatt's site. 

rated:
ryeny3 said:   
rperez4 said:   I'am going for an AOR this week, my score is up to 760 after my last AOR and I'm going for 7 cards this time. This would be my first time asking Barclays and Capital One for a credit card. I'am still undecided if i should go for the Hyatt or the Sapphire Preferred on Chase.

Hyatt free nights expire in a year. Unless you are planning to stay at one of their more expensive hotels in the next year or so, I would wait on the Hyatt card. When I got the Hyatt card earlier this year, I was offered a $50 statement credit plus the two free nights when I made a reservation on Hyatt's site. 

A 10k spg offer exists? It's 25k on Amex an spg websites.
Also citi aadvantage - look for 40-50k offers I dunno but I assume they are around.   

rated:
Hi batma, haven't heard from you in the "Brokerage Bonus" thread in quite some time.  Anything interesting in that area.  Also, what credit cards bonus look interesting to you here?  tia

rated:
I don't thin I've ever posted in brokerage bonuses?

rated:
imbatman said:   
ryeny3 said:   

Also citi aadvantage - look for 40-50k offers I dunno but I assume they are around.   

Thanks for the suggestions, IE was showing only 10k sgp but on firefox and chrome i can see the 25k offer.
I found  50K AAdvantage offer from the AA website which would be better, https://www.aa.com/pubcontent/en_US/disclaimers/BP-PLATHV.jsp :c...

rated:
rperez4 said:   
imbatman said:   
ryeny3 said:   

Thanks for the suggestions, IE was showing only 10k sgp but on firefox and chrome i can see the 25k offer.
I found  50K AAdvantage offer from the AA website which would be better, https://www.aa.com/pubcontent/en_US/disclaimers/BP-PLATHV.jsp 

Here is a quick update on how it went, I also added the Discover IT Chrome card to my list.

Amex Starwood Preferred - approved
Barclay Arrival + - pending approval
BoA Spirit World MasterCard -  approved
Chase Sapphire Preffered - approved
US Bank Club Carlson - approved
Capital One Quicksilver - approved
Citi AAdvantage - pending approval
Discover IT Chrome - approved but they made me split the limit of my current Discover card.

This actually went much better then expected, i managed to get all the applications in around 11-12pm eastern time.

rated:
Has anyone been limited in the amount of gift cards they purchase from Office Max? I tried to purchase $1800 of Nordstrom gift cards and they had to call the manager who told me that I could only purchase $400 of them. Not sure if it is a new policy, but the manager made me feel like I've done something wrong and gave me serious attitude.

rated:
rperez4,

Let us know what kind of hit your credit report took from the aor? please

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 179808182 83
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014