• filter:
  • 180818283 84
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
which issuers can you multi-app/ apply for credit limit increases with?
With Citi, I have seen people say that you can only apply for 1 card at a time, then wait a week, then wait another 65 days. At the end of 2012, I applied for the Citi Premier card 2x  on the same day and got 2 sign up bonuses but that's apparently a thing of the past.

Can you apply for a credit card with say, Chase, and also apply for a credit limit increase on all of your other Chase cards?

rated:
Got a targeted offer of a $250 sign-up bonus for an Amex Blue Cash Everyday (not preferred). Seems like a good deal, except that I got an offer a few months ago for a $150 sign-up bonus for the same card, which I didn't act on.

In the past, I've noticed, the longer I wait on these, the more they offer. I got my wife a $400 sign-up for Blue Sky (also not the preferred one) last year, by waiting through a few smaller targeted offers.

So... anyone ever get more than $250 sign-up for BCE? Or should I just go for it now?

rated:
Hey everyone. I've spent about 12 hours catching up on churning, app-o-rama's and whatnot and it definitely seems like the trend has moved from BT to offer rewards. It seems like I have a strong understanding of this. I currently have 2 credit cards (Chase Freedom and Bank of America Cash Rewards) my only questions at this point would be

1. If I'm doing mini app-o-rama's according (say 4 cards every 91 days), within a year I would have 16 cards. Is that feasible?
2. Assuming #1 is feasible. Wouldn't I run out of credit cards to take advantage of if I did this for 2 years, or would I just have 32 CC's after 2 years?
3. I have heard other people talk about this, but I'm not 100% sure that I "get it", but I'm going under the assumption that consolidating credit cards is possible, but is it that easy to consolidate them without closing your credit cards?

I just want to make sure I have done my due diligence before doing an app-o-rama

rated:
1. That's aggressive by my standards but A-OK by others. Your average age of accounts is going to be a negative for a while.
2. I've been doing this for decades now, I haven't run out yet.
3. I'm not sure I understand... consolidating means closing one of the accounts that you are consolidating. Consolidating is definitely possible. It is often as easy of a phone call.

Regarding your opening statement, I'd say that things have moved from BTs to offer rewards to something beyond that yet. Keep reading and brainstorming!

rated:
GodelianKnot said:   Got a targeted offer of a $250 sign-up bonus for an Amex Blue Cash Everyday (not preferred). Seems like a good deal, except that I got an offer a few months ago for a $150 sign-up bonus for the same card, which I didn't act on.

In the past, I've noticed, the longer I wait on these, the more they offer. I got my wife a $400 sign-up for Blue Sky (also not the preferred one) last year, by waiting through a few smaller targeted offers.

So... anyone ever get more than $250 sign-up for BCE? Or should I just go for it now?

Yes I got the same

rated:
Hi,
I'm a noob here Im still in college, I have one Bank of America card and one discover card. I got discover card approved just a couple of days back would it hurt to apply for one Amex card?

rated:
No

rated:
Okay, I'm gearing up for my next AOR.

Current cards:
Amex Costco Total Rewards
Amex Blue Cash (old one)
Amex SPG
Amex JetBlue
Chase Freedom
Chase Amazon
Chase Southwest Premiere
Chase Sapphire Pref
Citi Thank You Pref (two of these)
Citi Forward
Citi Dividend
Fido Amex
Discover IT
BOA Cash Rewards
Capital One Venture (no AF one)
Barclay Arrival (no AF one)
US Bank Cash +
US Bank Club Carlson
Wells Fargo Cash Rewards

I just got a new job, and there will be travel, maybe up to twenty weeks a year. My company is totally cool with me purchasing all travel on whatever card I want and reimbursing me later. They prefer we fly Delta since Delta has a hub in SLC which is where I'll be flying out of, but if something else is cheaper I can book that. I received an offer from Delta for the Gold Delta Amex with 35,000 miles after $1000 in spending in the first three months, plus a $50 statement credit for my first Delta purchase within the first three months. Since I'm currently at four Amex which is the limit, I'm more than happy dropping the JetBlue one, I rarely ever fly them anyway. What is the best way to go about that, should I apply for the Gold Delta Amex first and see what happens, or cancel the JetBlue card and see if they will let me move the balance to one of the other three? I don't want them canceling one of the other three without asking me, is that a possibility?

I've had the no AF Barclay Arrival since Feb, and have twice applied for the Sallie Mae card and been turned down. I'd like to pick up the Barclay Arrival, but I'd really like to get approved and not turned down again. Do you think it has been long enough to try? May was the last time I applied for the Sallie Mae. I've also been turned down twice for the Capital One Quicksilver, and since they pull all three bureaus, I'm not really eager to go for the regular Venture card. I plan on applying for the Sam's Club 5% Gas 3% restaurants and travel Mastercard. The Citi Double Cash looks like a good card too. I've thought about adding another hotel card, either the Chase Marriot or the Chase IHG, just in case a city I travel to doesn't have a SPG or Club Carlson, which one do you think is the better option? One thing I look for is something that has free breakfast because I get paid per diem for food, if I can knock out one meal like that, it would be awesome which is why the IHG is tempting because I like Holiday Inn Express, but I also like Marriott Residence Inn
and Fairfield Inn. Any other cards that people would suggest? It doesn't need to be travel based, I like Cash Back cards too as you can tell from my list.

rated:
If you're going to be flying Delta a lot, I'd suggest looking into the Platinum or Reserve cards to get bonus MQMs. Also if you spend 25k/year, you'll waive MQD requirements for elite status.
I would call/chat and get as much of the Jetblue CL over to a different card, cancel jetblue, and apply for Delta card.

You didn't give a reason for why you got denied for Sallie Mae, but I'd suggest waiting til 12 months (feb next year) get get a card.
I would pass on all capone cards.

For another hotel card, I'd wait until you pick a hotel chain. Chase IHG card is good for the annual fee night at any IHG property gives platinum status, but that's not worth much. Chase Marriott card gives silver status (worth nothing). I prefer Hilton, and i'd go with the Citi HHonors Reserve card to get gold status (free breakfast and internet at most properties). Then I would go with Chase Hyatt card - i personally like the Hyatt program better than Marriott and IHG, but to each his own. Figure out which you like, and get that card. You'll likely often goto a city that doesn't have a viable SPG or Club Carlson Property. FYI, I have all those cards (Marriott, hyatt, IHG, Citi Hilton).
I would put Chase Amazon on chopping block (you have Forward)
The only program that will give you free breakfast with a credit card is Hilton. The others you mention (HI Express, Residence and Fairfield Inn) give free breakfast regardless of status or card.

rated:
Thanks imbatman, you always give great advice on cards. hmm, I will look into the other two cards, their annual fees were pretty high, but having elite status would be pretty cool.

Barclay said two things in turning me down, too many new accounts (duh AOR!), and my account was too new to extend me more credit. I esclated it as far as I could up the chain both times, and offered to move half the CL from the Arrival, they still said no. I think I will take your advice, and hold off on going for the regular Arrival and try after the one year mark. Yeah, I will likely pass on all CapOne cards from here on out.

Not a bad idea to wait until I choose the chain, I'll look at the Citi HHonors card more closely. Yeah, I have no love for the Chase Amazon, I am more than happy to get rid of it if Chase wants me to for a better card. That's true those three hotel chains give free breakfast no matter what, but I figured if I was building up points by staying there too, it would be a good idea to grab one of the cards. I hadn't considered the Hilton card, and didn't realize the value of having the flexibility that it offers free breakfast at most properties, I can see why you like the perks.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 180818283 84
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014