• filter:
  • 181828384 85
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Professor. That information is not correct. I have the Priceline card which earns me 2% on all charges and 5% on Priceline.com purchases. That card to new customers does not earn 2X. It only earns 1X on regular purchases. And it does not give 8..25% off Priceline purchases. (either card-my card or the new card. 5% off Priceline purchases. No annual fee. If they changed mine to 1X points I would not use it. You get 10% points back on redeemed points. That is a minor perk.

Rob

rated:
I'm looking for the best Cash Back credit card with no limit.  I'm seeing the Quicksilver from Capitol One at 1.5% and Citi Double Cash card (1% on purchase & 1% when paid).  Are there others?  

rated:
Lazy Mia (Did I get that right?) --

FIA (Bank of America) has a 2% CB Amex and a tiered 1.5% / 2% CB Visa. They have a promotional tie with Fidelity brokerage. There are a few ways of redeeming the points -- some (most?) go through a Fidelity account. Some use the points for travel.

Many CUs and smaller local banks use Elan cards. Many of those have 1.25% CB for no fee or 1.5% CB for an annual fee (not waived for the first year).

Barclays Arrival is another option. I don't use it and am not familiar... I think there's a way to get a little better than 2% when used for travel.

Of course there is the Amex Blue family -- tiered and category CB for gas, grocery, drug stores -- some with fees, some free.

rated:
Izmeeh said:   I'm looking for the best Cash Back credit card with no limit.  I'm seeing the Quicksilver from Capitol One at 1.5% and Citi Double Cash card (1% on purchase & 1% when paid).  Are there others?  
  Right now the Discover Miles card is offering 1.5% back and matching the 1.5% 100% (effectively a 3%CB card) for the first year.

rated:
Can anybody recommend some current signup bonus cards? I've received two offers in the mail in the past week (1 for me, 1 for wife) that are making me think its time for a sign-up bonus AOR.

I think these are both targeted, but not positive.
1) West Town Savings bank - $300 back after $2k spent. Plus 1.25% rewards and 12 month 0%.
2) AMEX Blue Cash Everyday - $250 back after $1k spent. Plus 3/2/1% rewards and 15 month 0%.

The AMEX offer is for my wife. I tried to see if I could get in on it too but looks like the general offer is only 100 back for 1k spent. Any other good CashBack offers going right now?

rated:
I think I've about done them all as well. Time to cancel some more & circle back around in a year. Is a year good?

rated:
renaud said:   Can anybody recommend some current signup bonus cards? I've received two offers in the mail in the past week (1 for me, 1 for wife) that are making me think its time for a sign-up bonus AOR.

I think these are both targeted, but not positive.
1) West Town Savings bank - $300 back after $2k spent. Plus 1.25% rewards and 12 month 0%.
2) AMEX Blue Cash Everyday - $250 back after $1k spent. Plus 3/2/1% rewards and 15 month 0%.

The AMEX offer is for my wife. I tried to see if I could get in on it too but looks like the general offer is only 100 back for 1k spent. Any other good CashBack offers going right now?

Well, I didn't get any info here but I did decide to apply for both of these cards plus one more.  I added the Citi Thank You Premiere card that has 50,000 point bonus after $3k in spending.  I hit the min spend for the AMEX and West Town card right away and already had both of those bonuses post as statement credits.  Now going to spend the $3k for the Citi.  All in all I'll be at $1050 in bonuses, plus the AMEX and West Town balances will sit at 0% for the rest of the year.

rated:
Just did 2k worth. I now have about 18 open CCs. I close near anniversary on most. 

40k venture capital one
50k Citi Premiere
50k Amex personal
60k Chase INk business.

rated:
Is there a good travel card w/ no annual fee? I have the Barclay arrival plus & never used the bonus on it due to delay in travel plans. Now it still looks good enough to keep regardless. Unless I can cancel it & reopen in a whort period of time to reboot the bonus? Probably not on that right?

Also already have citi thank you preferred & Discover it.

rated:
Just found this thread. cool. Looks like I'm just a wanabee.
Planning a trip to NYC so this 2 hyatt nights (anywhere I think) free + $50 caught my eye
https://creditcards.chase.com/lp/hyatt50

rated:
This discussion may be pertinent here ... ? (Chase being strict with people with ANY recent CC openings).
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1446639/

rated:
cnorrdin1 said:   Just found this thread. cool. Looks like I'm just a wanabee.
Planning a trip to NYC so this 2 hyatt nights (anywhere I think) free + $50 caught my eye
https://creditcards.chase.com/lp/hyatt50

Good-.No foreign transaction fees† on international purchases. Plus, Chip-enabled technology brings you greater worldwide acceptance and advanced security.Protection benefits including Lost Luggage Reimbursement, Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Extended Warranty Protection, and more.* 

Bad- 75 ann fee, waived first year.

rated:
This thread is nine years old today. Wish I'd found this place then.

rated:
Me too. Is the OP still living? I recall years ago he was quite active them just dropped off the face of the earth.

rated:
Delete please 

rated:
OIiverQuackenbush said:   Me too. Is the OP still living? I recall years ago he was quite active them just dropped off the face of the earth.
OP likely is still living..... living large from MAKING THOUSANDS OF $$ FROM CREDIT Link AOR

rated:
We can keep this thread going. Things are different in the card world after 9 years though. A credit is still very much in demand. Citi Double cash is a great card for no fee 2% Cash Back. Another good one overlooked is AMEX everyday card. With 30 charges per month on the fee card you get 1.5 membership rewards points per dollar. That it very impressive if you can use those points for more than 2 cents each when you know what you are doing.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 181828384 85
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015