• 1 234579
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I guess BOA just got finally competitive for a change starting on 9-22-06 all old MNBA money markerts account got converted over to Cash Maximizer Savings accounts which can be linked to BOA checking account for instant transfers like Citibank(checking - E-savings), HSBC(checking and Online savings account) and WAMU (Free checking - 5% online savigns).

So for example the AAA Cash Maximizer® Savings now pays the following rates:

Balance index Rate APY

$0-$2,500 MFR - .25 4.48 4.58
$2,500 - $9,999 MFR 4.73 4.84
$10,000 - $49,999 MFR + .25 4.98 5.11
$50,000 and over MFR + .50 5.23 5.37

With these new changes BOA just became the new rate leader on checking/savings account combo with local branch access. BOA has by far the best web page, best bill pay and most branches national of any bank. So for all people complaining BOA is a rip off they now pay more than most online savings accounts with $50K+ balance even more than AMTrust Direct while maintain 100% local access to your funds and no need to ACH funds in and out of your local bank.

BOA now pays more than Citibank, HSBC and WAMU if you maintain over $10K and more than most online places if you maintain over $50K. I see no reason not to park funds with BOA now considering these new rates and new access to your funds.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Was informed of the same offer (2.50APY guaranteed thru Jun 30) in WA.

DeGlass (Apr. 15, 2009 @ 2:31a) |

This is incorrect. The number of withdrawals that a financial institution can permit account holders to make from their ... (more)

geo123 (Apr. 15, 2009 @ 9:32a) |

geo123 is absolutely correct, so don't be exceeding your 6 transfers max limit each month on a regular basis, or you wil... (more)

craig10x (Apr. 15, 2009 @ 10:01a) |

There are a number of MyExpression Banking cash maximizer (money market) products that offer high rates. Here's one example (click on the forward arrow for savings option 2, the cash maximizer product):

Defenders of Wildlife Savings

Must maintain a $2,500 minimum balance, otherwise $10 monthly maintenance fee (12$ in TX)

WA and ID offer Balance Rewards Money Market Accounts which have same high rates as above, but also add an annual bonus, based on a bonus factor, currently 0.50%. They also have no minimum balance requirements, if linked to a FirstChoice Gold Checking account.

Some people have received soft inquiries if they apply on-line and log in to on-line banking in order to auto-fill parts of the application; others have had the below experiences.

HARD INQUIRY on TU even though I'm already a BOA customer (Xeon852)
HARD INQUIRY on Experian in California (existing customer with checking, savings, and cc's)
HARD INQUIRY (two hards in fact!) on Experian in New York (have 2 credit cards with BOA, both only 3 month old)

Note that DoW, NEA/AAA APY% may vary slightly by state. CA, WA, and ID use daily compounding; NY and MA use monthly compounding.

Why not use NEA link? Lower balances for higher rates and 60-day promo rates that are +1%. Also listed in the Daughter of the Mother rates thread at the top of the topic list.

Link to NEA account

Link to NEA Member Benefits Savings FAQ

Like dolmar says - ask them to enhance your relationship to Prima/Prefered level (diff. name depending on state), assuming you are keeping $10k in there. Free checks and various other things (cashier's checks, traveler's checks, etc) and fee waiver on up to 2 checking accounts (reg. or interest, but NOT myaccess) and up to 4 savings accounts (reg. or money market). I (Xeon852) set this up over the phone with about a 10min call.

YMMV. Not all divisions of BOA are honoring the AAA affinity published rates. The BOA CSRs will quote your rate off of a rate sheet, they do not calculate it from your interest payment. The AAA affinity CSR phone number is 1.800.526.7120 (priority code HA002). Once account is messed up it seems difficult to correct without closing and reopening new account.

====
Problem with the account (CA) call this number

800-696-5349 (they know about affinity account)
800-441-6437

If rate goes down, ask them "Research Request"

====

BoA Deposit Agreement and Disclosures for accounts in AR, AZ, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA and Washington D.C.
BoA Deposit Agreement and Disclosures for accounts in CA.

NY routing number: 021000322

BoA Routing Number Lookup: Link

Note that BoA may use different routing numbers for ACH and wire transfers.

====
Push and/or Pulls inititated from other institutions for over the BofA daily limit amount of $10,000 has been successful in Apr 07, May 07, July 07, & Aug 07.

============
For CA residents who earned wrong interest and statement doesnt show DOW please call 1-800-414-4229. They know whats going on and will make necessary correction asap. It will take about 5 days to process the new interest though.
============

Link to open AAA Money Market account

If you notice on the app page it lets you link it right away now. Btw I called up and linked my AAA account to my BOA MRA checking account and it showed up on there web page right away.

Thanks.. finally a bank thats nationwide (and not online) and that provides good %.

Humm, anyone apply?

I applied, got all the way to the end after I checked I agree and hit the final apply button, and got an error page.

I did not apply sorry. I already had the account. I added the link afterwards to open the new MMA. So not sure to be honest.

I called 1.800.622.8731 and they linked the account to my ATM. And then on Bankofamerica.com it shows up as Cash Maximizer Savings right away. I was able to transfer $3K from my MRA into it right away. The transfer was instant.

dolmar said: I did not apply sorry. I already had the account. I added the link afterwards to open the new MMA. So not sure to be honest.

I called 1.800.622.8731 and they linked the account to my ATM. And then on Bankofamerica.com it shows up as Cash Maximizer Savings right away. I was able to transfer $3K from my MRA into it right away. The transfer was instant.

When I call the number on the app page, 1.800.526.7120, it says they are closed until monday because of the merger.

I'll try applying again with IE I guess. If I get two accounts, oh well.

dolmar said: BOA has by far the best web page (snip)
You can't be serious. BofA has the most insufferable series of password gates I have ever had to endure. The irony is that by now they have so many security codes that I have to have them written down! Explain to me how that makes me safer, when it has precisely the opposite effect? The Citibank website eats BofA for lunch -- and Everbank's eats them both lol.

Tytie

Bank of America (California's) online page lists a pitiful .5% APY on their Cash Maximizer.

Wonder if I'm seeing an out of date page, or if the cool MMA is only available in some states?

On this high-yield MMA, what's the minimum balance?

Tried as well, an received the error page. Buggy still, is my guess.

markkundinger said: Bank of America (California's) online page lists a pitiful .5% APY on their Cash Maximizer.

Wonder if I'm seeing an out of date page, or if the cool MMA is only available in some states?

On this high-yield MMA, what's the minimum balance?

Humm, only the AAA link gives these great rates, all the other old MBNA links give the same rates as this:
http://www.bankofamerica.com/deposits/checksave/index.cfm?template=save_moneymarket

(Here's a list of other links: http://bankdeals.blogspot.com/2006/06/504-money-market-account-at-mbna-15k.html)

TYTBUDGET said: dolmar said: BOA has by far the best web page (snip)
You can't be serious. BofA has the most insufferable series of password gates I have ever had to endure. The irony is that by now they have so many security codes that I have to have them written down! Explain to me how that makes me safer, when it has precisely the opposite effect? The Citibank website eats BofA for lunch -- and Everbank's eats them both lol.

Tytie

I haven't had any issues with BOA's site. And I don't like Everbank's much since the transfers tab only works in IE. (I get errors adding accounts in firefox).

i just walked into a boa branch and asked about this

the manager said that this is definitely offered as an affiliate program, can be linked to all your other boa accounts online, but because of the merger the call center and application center are down until monday

looks awesome though, been waiting for boa to get with the program

Must apply through AAA.

This is a good deal for those with large deposits. However, if you has smaller balances - you'd be much better off with WAMU or Citibank (5%, regardless of balance).

BOA has a good website, but it's a pain to maintain the passwords, etc. They have a superior billpay in comparison to WAMU and Citibank. However, you can just set up an account with mycheckfree.com and have an equivalent for free.

Tytie

While I agree login process is retard like ING and HSBC. Once logon BOA bill payment system is by far the best around. They dont debit your funds till either check is cashed or ach payment is made unlike many other banks who debit the funds before the payments are made to keep float on your money.

Any balance keep in the AAA MMA will count towards your balance requirement at BOA. So if you keep $50K in this MMA you can get a free no balance requirement MRA checking account. And if you keep $100K in this account you can get free premire access from BOA.

Before this account was linkable the best rate you could get from BOA was in there MRA checking account which only paid about 4.50% in a treasury sweep checking account which made the rate slightly lower than 5% if you lived in a high income tax state like CA otherwise rate would have been lower.

So for people with $10K + in online savings account this just became the best deal around. instant access to your funds, no need to ACH funds in and out of your local bank and loose 2-3 days interest each way. And a very large ATM network nationwide to withdraw cash from for free.

dolmar said:

So for people with $10K + in online savings account this just became the best deal around. instant access to your funds, no need to ACH funds in and out of your local bank and loose 2-3 days interest each way. And a very large ATM network nationwide to withdraw cash from for free.

Thanks for this info, I tried that link and also got to the end before it had an error. Was easy to fill out since I have an account with BOA and once I put in my sign on info all my info came up. I then went to the BOA site to check and had an online chat with a rep, Was useless. I will wait till Monday and try that link again

Dominique : Hello and thank you for accepting the chat, I am here to open new personal accounts. Is that something you are interested in? If you have a Customer Service question I will be more than happy to get the correct phone number for you.
You: I heard you now have an account called Cash Maximizer Savings accounts
Dominique : Yes would you like to see details on that account ?
You: yes please
Dominique : Please click for details
You: I don't see that account
Dominique : That account is only for California
Dominique : We have the Money Market account for state
You: What is the best rate offered for $100,000+
Dominique : Do you see details of that account on the site ?
You: I heard there is an account being brought over from MBNA that is 5.37%
Dominique : That would be a CD
Dominique : We have a High Yield CD
You: Thank you but I am looking for Money Market, I will check with a branch next week
Dominique : I will give you details on that account
You: ok
Dominique : Please Click

Scott you have open the account via AAA link to get this rate. This rate only applies if you have a AAA card also.

dolmar said: Scott you have open the account via AAA link to get this rate. This rate only applies if you have a AAA card also.
I was wondering about that. I am not a member but I got all the way thru the application and it never asked for a # or if I was a member. Could not even find anywhere stating you had to be one

Well I have a AAA card when I orginally opened my account like 6 months ago MBNA did ask for my AAA number. Maybe that is why web page is down. Maybe BOA is converting over there normal savings accounts APPS to ask for AAA number as normally BOA did not offer any such programs.

Either way AAA card is $35 bucks a year. And AAA always has promo for like $20 for first year membership.

Even if you dont need or want the AAA card if this rates stay in effect for 1 year the extra interest paid over most other account would more than make up for the cost of the card.

If your car broke down 1X the free towing service would more than pay for your membership fee anyways.

I just went thru the entir online app process and on the last page it gave me a page not found error when it was supposed to give me a confirmation number

anyone had a similar problem ?

Sounds like great deal.
Guess we need to wait untill monday to open account.

dolmar said:

Either way AAA card is $35 bucks a year. And AAA always has promo for like $20 for first year membership.

Even if you dont need or want the AAA card if this rates stay in effect for 1 year the extra interest paid over most other account would more than make up for the cost of the card.

If you car broke down 1X the free towning service would more than pay for your membership fee anyways.

I would join if I could get this account. Have been looking for a way to get a decent rate at BOA since they took over my Fleet account. I keep that account open with the $2,500 min to avoid fees because they have a convenient ATM at my daughters College. Also do like the Yodell version they use

FYI

Must maintain a $2,500 minimum balance, otherwise $10 monthly maintenance fee

TYTBUDGET said: You can't be serious. BofA has the most insufferable series of password gates I have ever had to endure.

The two step requirement is a federal requirement that all banks will be moving to by the end of the year. BofA doesn't have strict password requirements on the second stage, so you can use an ATM pin or some other easy to remember number or phrase. Don't see the big deal really... the site remembers your logon ID, so the only thing you have to enter is one normal password and one pin. Even easier with Roboform.

flwsoldier said: FYI

Must maintain a $2,500 minimum balance, otherwise $10 monthly maintenance fee

Yes, this would need to become your primary account. With this deal, I'll probably move my base/headquarter account to BOA.

Agreed I would consolidate everything to BoA from the looks of this.

idealguru said: I just went thru the entir online app process and on the last page it gave me a page not found error when it was supposed to give me a confirmation number

anyone had a similar problem ?

Same problem I had.

Hopefully this will be fixed monday. It would be great to be able to just go to a B&M branch to access my HYMM money.

Buggy site. I chose GA as my state of residence and was given an offer from AAA Connecticut.

bozo007 said: Buggy site. I chose GA as my state of residence and was given an offer from AAA Connecticut.
Same here when choosing MA. However, my AAA registration is actually in CT, so I didn't think anything of it until you just said something.

bozo007 said: Buggy site. I chose GA as my state of residence and was given an offer from AAA Connecticut.
Same here in AZ. Thats why i mentioned that we prolly need to wait until monday.

I google for that link. That link could very well be the link for CT AAA.

But if you google "mbna AAA money market" you will get all the links for all differnt AAA memberships sign ups and they all pay the same rate.

Like I said in my post I opened this account using the link posted in the MNBA Money Market thread about 6 months ago.

Got to do better. Waum came out with a special two weks back for 5.80 APY for 13 months

Just recieved two emails stating:
It's our pleasure to have you as a customer, and we look forward to serving your banking needs in the years to come. We've received your online account application for the following account(s):

Money Market Savings

If you have questions about this application(s), please call us at 1-888-383-7500, or Contact Us.

I called the number and she says she doesn't see anything when she searches by SSN, and since it failed I don't have the confirmation #. She said that usually they will still go through, and they will remove duplicates.

Guess we'll see on monday.

APPLICATION DECISION NOTIFICATION

Dear NygiANTFAN:

We need more time to verify the information you provided us. We apologize for the delay. Your online account application for the following account(s) is being reviewed:

Money Market Savings

You will be contacted soon after you receive your application submission confirmation. Thank you for your patience.

If you have questions about this application(s), please call us at 1-888-383-7500, or Contact Us.

If you have any further questions, please call customer service at 1-800-900-9000.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your banking needs.

This is an automatic message - please do not reply or forward.

The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. Because email is not a secure form of communication, this email box is not equipped to handle replies. If you are a Bank of America customer and have sensitive account-related questions, please call the phone number provided on your account statement or the appropriate phone number indicated in the following "Contact Us" link so we can properly verify your identity. For all other questions or comments, please use the Web forms available via Contact Us.

We respect your privacy, and you can rest assured that we protect your information, including your e-mail address, and will never sell or share it with marketers outside Bank of America. To find out more, please read our Privacy Policy.

Bank of America E-mail, 6th Floor, 101 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28255-0001

p.s JUST RECEIVED THIS AFTER I WENT THROUGH THE AAA MMA LINK AND RECIEVED THE ERROR PAGE.

Tytie

What the heck are you talking about. They've got the normal id/password, then one more password when the image pops up so you can verify you're at a BoA site. Surely you don't find that difficult?

Grifman said: TYTBUDGET said: dolmar said: BOA has by far the best web page (snip)

Tytie

What the heck are you talking about. They've got the normal id/password, then one more password when the image pops up so you can verify you're at a BoA site. Surely you don't find that difficult?

I guess he's refering to the initial verification questions. However, you only have to answer these once and then you are cookied for good. You never have to enter them again, and you don't even have to enter your userid since it saves it.

NyGiantFan said: Agreed I would consolidate everything to BoA from the looks of this.

Yes, this is great, I have my main checking with BoA, but have money stashed with Emigrant and HSBC. Guess that will be changing soon. Thanks to the OP for the tip on this account.

Wondering what'd happen to poor emigrant if they don't increase their rates.

If B&M convieniance banks can offer high yield savings and MMA at reasonable minimums obviously online savings accounts are toast, no?

Skipping 3115 Messages...
geo123 is absolutely correct, so don't be exceeding your 6 transfers max limit each month on a regular basis, or you will soon find yourself out of the NEA Savings Account....just because BOA is nice about not charging you the fee doesn't mean they can also ignore the federal rule...they can't! A few more of those and your account will get automatically converted.....

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 1 234579
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014