• 1131415 16 17
  • Page
  • Text Only
Search the threads here - I've heard about a Discover 0% for life, though you have to pay 4% of your minimum balance each month, depending on what percentage of your balance is the balance transfer.

Crush900 said: I applied for this card and was accepted before 5/1/07. They gave me an inital credit line $2500. I wanted $15,000 so I could transfer a balance. I called them to request an increase and they told me to wait till I got the card and then request the increase. I got the card, and then requested an increase. I told them I would not accept the card unless I got the increase. They gave me the increase. I called to activate the card and request the transfer and they said the offer was no longer valid. I guess I was mistaken in that I thought I had to apply for the card and get accepted by 5/1/07, not do the transfer by then. I called Citi and asked if they would still do it and they said no. I asked what offers they had and they said they had %6.99 for 6 months. I told them that was unacceptable. They said they were sorry. I just finished typing my letter to them to close account. I haven't mailed it yet. Anyone have any ideas? Does anyine no of any other 0% for life offers or where I could look for them? Any help would be appreciated.
I wouldn't close the account by mail. Call and ask to be transferred to Retention because you're considering closing the account. Plead your case there. Even if you decide you don't want the account, I'd leave it open in case another Citi offer you want comes up. They are not doing CL reallocations very much anymore (search for more info on this if you want it), but they will generally do consolidations. So, having an account you don't really want with some available CL isn't a bad strategy in case they have another good Citi promotion in the future. If you can't find a for-life promo, you could just open an account with a 12-month 0% deal. Then consolidate the credit limit from the card you don't want and wait to see if a for-life deal comes around. If you want to keep the acct open, then be careful how you phrase things with Retention so that you don't get the account closed if you don't want it to be closed.

I am having major issues with my BT. I did this back in January or so, good until last month with the 0%. I've made 2 purchases every month since May and it has been all good. Last month I made two purchases on the last day, just my luck only one purchase was posted to that statement and the interest rate on the BT jumped to 15%. I tried calling them saying that I made both purchases on the same day, wtf, etc.. Well when I call they have no recollection of a 0% for life card. They said the offer expired in June and that is why I am getting the finance charge now. I tell them no, I have the offer right in front of me and it says other wise.

After 3 calls, they ask me to fax it in. I did, no word for 2 weeks. Just called tonight and they again say there is no 0% for life cards, etc.. But they did say they are reviewing this info and will get back to me in 2 weeks. Meanwhile I'm getting $300+ in finance charges. I'm wondering if I should just pay it off now so that I do not get charged anymore, does anyone know if finance charges are reversable and any recommendation on what to do?

Thanks.

dmk112 said: I am having major issues with my BT. I did this back in January or so, good until last month with the 0%. I've made 2 purchases every month since May and it has been all good. Last month I made two purchases on the last day, just my luck only one purchase was posted to that statement and the interest rate on the BT jumped to 15%. I tried calling them saying that I made both purchases on the same day, wtf, etc.. Well when I call they have no recollection of a 0% for life card. They said the offer expired in June and that is why I am getting the finance charge now. I tell them no, I have the offer right in front of me and it says other wise.

After 3 calls, they ask me to fax it in. I did, no word for 2 weeks. Just called tonight and they again say there is no 0% for life cards, etc.. But they did say they are reviewing this info and will get back to me in 2 weeks. Meanwhile I'm getting $300+ in finance charges. I'm wondering if I should just pay it off now so that I do not get charged anymore, does anyone know if finance charges are reversable and any recommendation on what to do?

Thanks.

well at least you're giving back to citibank

i mean, we can't all completely rape citi otherwise maybe next time they'll never be another citi 0% promo we can all cash in on.

weiman said: taewlee said: dmk112 said: I am having major issues with my BT. I did this back in January or so, good until last month with the 0%. I've made 2 purchases every month since May and it has been all good. Last month I made two purchases on the last day, just my luck only one purchase was posted to that statement and the interest rate on the BT jumped to 15%. I tried calling them saying that I made both purchases on the same day, wtf, etc.. Well when I call they have no recollection of a 0% for life card. They said the offer expired in June and that is why I am getting the finance charge now. I tell them no, I have the offer right in front of me and it says other wise.

Thanks.

well at least you're giving back to citibank

i mean, we can't all completely rape citi otherwise maybe next time they'll never be another citi 0% promo we can all cash in on.

While your comment is cruel to our fellow FWer, I can't completely disagree your point. Citi is counting on a percentage of people to screw up so they can recoup or even make money out of their 0% offer, just like any other CC that offers 0%.

As for dmk112, it's not uncommon that the sales date and the post date are different. I even had one purchase that was never posted. I hope you still have your 2 purchase receipts. I suggest you to review the T&C, make sure there's no language that stated that the 2 purchases need to post on your statement. If not, you might be able to use your receipts and fight with citi. if you are lucky, they will remove the finance charge.

It sounds like you had about $25k balance. You can end up losing big if this thing drags out too long and citi decided that you didn't fulfill your agreement. If you have the money, just accept your mistake and pay it off. if not, goo luck to you and let us know what happened.

i personally have way too much money riding on this, so i make sure i make my 2 purchases at the beginning of the statement month, check it a week later to see if they posted, make the min payment 4 days before the due date and finally make sure everything is in order 2 days before the closing statement date. it's easy for me since i sit in front of the computer all day and everything can be done online in about 5 minutes.

on another note, i just logged into my citicard account and i got the following statment.

this appears only on my old citi preferred card which I reallocated the 20K CL to the 0% card.

anyone else have the same experience?

here's the message

Account Summary Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Previous Sign-on: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 at 10:35:47 AM Eastern time

A review of this account has shown recent high- risk activity. Please contact our Customer Service Unit at 1-800-950-5114.

<my name>
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-<####>
Important Security Message: Account Online Access

Your access to Account Online has been temporarily restricted because your account may be at risk for unauthorized use.

To protect your account, we have issued you a new Citi card. When it arrives, call the toll-free phone number on the attached sticker immediately. We will activate your new card account number and close your old number at the same time. Inform all authorized users and service providers who automatically bill your account of the new number. Then sign on to Account Online and register your new account number for full access.

Until then, making payments online, changing account information such as address, and using the Secure Message feature within Account Online will be disabled. For assistance with these activities, call Customer Service at 1-800-950-5114.

Remember: When your new card arrives, activate it immediately. Then sign on to Account Online and register your new account number for full access. If you do not reply by the date on the top of the card carrier, your new number will remain inactive and your old number will be closed.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause. Be assured that Citi Cards is committed to safeguarding the security of our customers' accounts.

Note: The situation that resulted in risk to your account is under investigation by law enforcement agencies and we are unable to disclose specific information on this case.

weiman said: on another note, i just logged into my citicard account and i got the following statment.

this appears only on my old citi preferred card which I reallocated the 20K CL to the 0% card.

Yes, I got this on a card that used to have a 2% dividend cach back promo. Apparently TJMaxx had a security breach and this card may have been involved. The Citi rep said they didn't know how much data was compromized but they're changing the numbers just in case.

r0man said: weiman said: on another note, i just logged into my citicard account and i got the following statment.

Yes, I got this on a card that used to have a 2% dividend cach back promo. Apparently TJMaxx had a security breach and this card may have been involved. The Citi rep said they didn't know how much data was compromized but they're changing the numbers just in case.

great, thanks for the input. come to think of it, i might used this card at MJX once or twice last year.

Warning to those who used Google video. They're reversing the charges. In my case, they reversed the charges 7 weeks and 3 weeks after the purchases were done. It was a couple days before the end of my statement period. I made two charges immediately, but they didn't post in time. My suggestion is that you double-check your unbilled activity frequently through the end of your statement period if you used Google video for the current month as your only purchases and want to avoid my sad outcome (My 0% balance was around $62K):

08/14 08/14 GOOGLE GOOGLE.COM/CH CA -0.10
07/21 07/21 GOOGLE VIDEO*GV google.com/ch CA Merchandise Standard Purch 0.10
08/17 08/17 PURCHASES*FINANCE CHARGE*PERIODIC RATE Standard Purch 0.01
08/17 08/17 PURCHASES*FINANCE CHARGE*PERIODIC RATE Offer 4 698.24

Of course, I'll try to get the 0% reinstated, but this is DW's account and she hates calling about this kind of thing, so I'm not optimistic.

I had similar situation. I made 2 * $0.09 Google video on 07/21/2007. They were reversed on 08/14/2007. I checked unbilled activities on 08/16/2007(Statement date would be 08/17/2007). I made 2 * $0.01 paypal payment immediately and luckily the posted date was 08/16/2007 after I checked online statement at 1AM today.

Damm... I am glad I didn't use Google Video. Still had good luck doing .03 and .04 clicks at the gas pump. On my fourth month with no issues.

You know guys -- you sort of deserve this. I mean, really. There is saving a buck and then there is being so damned cheap that this is the risk you take.

Honestly, it's not a game. You had to have known that sometime someone would figure out that (google) it cost more to accept a small payment than it would to just give away the product. Even doing $1.00 of gas could be risky. I fall into that category -- 1.10 or so is what I have charged and often times three times a month just in case. In 4 years that amount of interest is going to cost so little compared to my savings that I'll still be laughing all the way to the bank.

Meanwhile those touting the companies are getting their just due.

Now for some possibly helpful advice: Give them a call and beg forgiveness. I'm n sure how much you'll get when they see these small purchases but try anyway. It never hurts to ask.

Also, for those who have a SO that doesn't lke calling simply have them call and vertfy accont information then ask the CSR to discuss it with her husband. The husband can then play like the SO wasn't so smart about the card and thought she couldn't make big purchases. That may just work!

well i plan to have no problems with my 25k for the next 5 years or so....
its not really anyone deserves to be screwed for doing this offer... i mean, making two purchases on a credit card each month is not an impossible task. i think many middle schooler's will be able to do perfectly. if you forget that you have $25k+ @ 6% making you $1,500 of free money every year, better than any credit can ever reward you with, i think its your own fault, not citi trying to trick you. its kinda like having a hot gf that satisfies you all the time but you forget to make that two compliment every month and she leaves you to rot.

Nah, uisually those HOT GF's are high maintenance. This offer isn't that hard.
I don't remember anyone saying Citi was trying to screw anyone. If anyone got screwed it was their own doing.

This reminds me of a lawyer pushing the definition of the law and trying to break new ground. Only difference is that a liar is trying to get someone out of a murder charge and here we are trying to argue over ninety cents in charges.

zapy said: Nah, uisually those HOT GF's are high maintenance. This offer isn't that hard.
I don't remember anyone saying Citi was trying to screw anyone. If anyone got screwed it was their own doing.

This reminds me of a lawyer pushing the definition of the law and trying to break new ground. Only difference is that a liar is trying to get someone out of a murder charge and here we are trying to argue over ninety cents in charges.

well the poster above is basically saying how citi's posting date screwed him over and i am basically saying its your own fault.

ICMaker said: Warning to those who used Google video. They're reversing the charges. In my case, they reversed the charges 7 weeks and 3 weeks after the purchases were done. It was a couple days before the end of my statement period. I made two charges immediately, but they didn't post in time. My suggestion is that you double-check your unbilled activity frequently through the end of your statement period if you used Google video for the current month as your only purchases and want to avoid my sad outcome (My 0% balance was around $62K):

Of course, I'll try to get the 0% reinstated, but this is DW's account and she hates calling about this kind of thing, so I'm not optimistic.

same here

(balance is less then 18k google reversed on 14 and my statement closed on 15... my luck got hit with over $200 finance charge)
I'll just pay it off on monday and reallocate to TY card for which i have untouched 0% APR for 12 months from the day of the transfer...

On the side note the both of my DISCOVER cards also recieved the reversal but the one for which statement closed still says 0 apr continues...
and the reversal was posted as payment/credit...

mxf said: ICMaker said: Warning to those who used Google video. They're reversing the charges. In my case, they reversed the charges 7 weeks and 3 weeks after the purchases were done. It was a couple days before the end of my statement period. I made two charges immediately, but they didn't post in time. My suggestion is that you double-check your unbilled activity frequently through the end of your statement period if you used Google video for the current month as your only purchases and want to avoid my sad outcome (My 0% balance was around $62K):

same here

(balance is less then 18k google reversed on 14 and my statement closed on 15... my luck got hit with over $200 finance charge)
I'll just pay it off on monday and reallocate to TY card for which i have untouched 0% APR for 12 months from the day of the transfer...

On the side note the both of my DISCOVER cards also recieved the reversal but the one for which statement closed still says 0 apr continues...
and the reversal was posted as payment/credit...

an update to this from Google
link Not sure how it will affect the google video for min puchase users here as I didn't use google for my minimum purchases.

After the unexpected Google video refunds blew up the 0% deal, Citibank's CSR and CSR manager refused to reinstate it or to reduce the finance charges. This isn't too surprising given others' experiences, but I wanted to add another data point. I didn't try Retention.

here's an idea.. since you did not authorize the refund from the google checkout credits, call or write in to dispute the credits.. saying you recieved the merchandise, accepted the terms of purchase, have your receipt, etc. the merchant was not permitted to refund you under the terms of your agreement, and by doing so they caused your finance charges and monthly purchase obligation to no longer be met.

ICMaker said: After the unexpected Google video refunds blew up the 0% deal, Citibank's CSR and CSR manager refused to reinstate it or to reduce the finance charges. This isn't too surprising given others' experiences, but I wanted to add another data point. I didn't try Retention.

I was refused to reduce finance charge as well...
(Did not ask to reinstate zero apr)

One more point the reversal was for the charges from previous months...
(i used paypal last month)
07/27 07/27 ELECTRONIC PAYMENT-THANK YOU -305.00
08/14 08/14 GOOGLE GOOGLE.COM/CH CA -0.09
08/14 08/14 GOOGLE GOOGLE.COM/CH CA -0.09
08/02 08/02 PAYPAL *XXXX Services Standard Purch 0.05
08/02 08/02 PAYPAL *XXXX Services Standard Purch 0.06
08/16 08/16 PURCHASES*FINANCE CHARGE*PERIODIC RATE Standard Purch 0.01
08/16 08/16 PURCHASES*FINANCE CHARGE*PERIODIC RATE Offer 4 201.5

If you goto google, and change your credit card, the refund will goto a different card.

If you would like this refund to be applied to another card, please visit your Google Checkout account and update your default card. Here's how:

1. Sign in to your Google Account at:
http://checkout.google.com
2. Click 'Edit payment methods' along the left side of the
page
3. Enter your credit card details and billing address under
'Add a New Credit Card'
* Click 'Make this my default payment method'
4. Click 'Save'

To update an existing credit card, simply enter the same credit card number with your new billing address, expiration date, or other information in step #3 above. The old information associated with your card will be replaced when you click 'Save.' Remember, you must have at least one payment method in your account in order receive refunds.

We will process these refunds in the next 14 to 21 business days, and it will appear on your credit card statement as 'GOOGLE GOOGLE.COM/CH'

If you have any questions about this change in policy, please read our blogpost:
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/update-on-google-video-feedback.html

zapy said: You had to have known that sometime someone would figure out that (google) it cost more to accept a small payment than it would to just give away the product.

The Google refunds have absolutely nothing to do with the costs associated with people making small google video purchases. The refunds were issued because Google is being sued for copyright infringement.

Google sent out an email on Aug 13th stating:
"If you have paid for videos within the last 30 days and/or have spent more than $50 with Google Video, you will receive a full refund to your credit card within several business days."

I received a refund on Aug 14th and made the necessary purchases to ensure I wouldnt lose my 0% for life.

can someone forward me an email from google video saying they will
refund it, I deleted mine and now citi is asking for that
my email : jzmicrozinc@yahoo.com
many thans

I made the unfortunate mistake of not making my purchases on time this month and was immediately hit with the finance charges. Well two things came out of this:
1. Citi will NOT reinstate the 0% for LIFE rate. I went through two supervisors and yet I was unsuccessful.
2. Talk to Customer retentions and you can probably have them extend your 0% for another few months. If your lucky, you might find one that is able to refund the current month's finance charge.

Thanks and Good Luck.

Whazzup00 said: I made the unfortunate mistake of not making my purchases on time this month and was immediately hit with the finance charges. Well two things came out of this:
1. Citi will NOT reinstate the 0% for LIFE rate. I went through two supervisors and yet I was unsuccessful.
2. Talk to Customer retentions and you can probably have them extend your 0% for another few months. If your lucky, you might find one that is able to refund the current month's finance charge.

Thanks and Good Luck.

I dread the day I miss making my 2 purchases on a $16k balance...6 months so far, so good. I kinda figured they would play hardball about reinstatement. How much is your balance? I also have a Discover that has 0% but only 4k balance on that one.

When I make my purchase I use both cards at the same time. I get ~.03 cents of gas per transaction. It's a lot of swiping but I haven't found anything else to replace it.

belewmoon said:
When I make my purchase I use both cards at the same time. I get ~.03 cents of gas per transaction. It's a lot of swiping but I haven't found anything else to replace it.

Paypal, you can have 1 regular account and 1 merchant account. Set up a subscription so its automatic, can't forget. I've been doing it for years with 0% discover for life and .01 cent transactions with Citi so far.

mhesidence said:
Paypal, you can have 1 regular account and 1 merchant account. Set up a subscription so its automatic, can't forget. I've been doing it for years with 0% discover for life and .01 cent transactions with Citi so far.

I have read about using PayPal but didn't I also read that it was against PayPal rules? I don't remember the specifics of what was wrong with the process. Sounds like the best way to go but don't want to risk it biting me in the a$$ some day...

belewmoon said: mhesidence said:

I have read about using PayPal but didn't I also read that it was against PayPal rules? I don't remember the specifics of what was wrong with the process. Sounds like the best way to go but don't want to risk it biting me in the a$$ some day...

I've had no problems with paypal so far. I have a $0.02 payment every week, and I check it frequently. If for some reason the transaction doesn't go through, I'll have enough time to save the 0% for life.

this may be a bad question, but are there any codes that still let us get this deal? the ones shown in quicksummary are all expired..

mase said: this may be a bad question, but are there any codes that still let us get this deal? the ones shown in quicksummary are all expired..

you can't sign up for it anymore w/ citi. you snooze, you lose.

psubill78 said: If you goto google, and change your credit card, the refund will goto a different card.

If you would like this refund to be applied to another card, please visit your Google Checkout account and update your default card. Here's how:

1. Sign in to your Google Account at:
http://checkout.google.com
2. Click 'Edit payment methods' along the left side of the
page
3. Enter your credit card details and billing address under
'Add a New Credit Card'
* Click 'Make this my default payment method'
4. Click 'Save'

To update an existing credit card, simply enter the same credit card number with your new billing address, expiration date, or other information in step #3 above. The old information associated with your card will be replaced when you click 'Save.' Remember, you must have at least one payment method in your account in order receive refunds.

We will process these refunds in the next 14 to 21 business days, and it will appear on your credit card statement as 'GOOGLE GOOGLE.COM/CH'

If you have any questions about this change in policy, please read our blogpost:
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/update-on-google-video-feedback.html

I just wanted to confirm that this worked. I changed the default cards in my Google account to a couple other Citi cards, and they were refunded properly. Whew.

belewmoon said: mhesidence said:

Not against the rules, you are allowed one regular account and one merchant account.

mhesidence said: belewmoon said: mhesidence said:

Not against the rules, you are allowed one regular account and one merchant account.

I understand you may have one regular & one merchant account but there was a gray area in how you may use them. As in, how we want to use them to satisfy the two transactions a month requirement. Again, the memory is failing me but I thought it was not absolutely clear we could do that. If someone could point me to where it explains it is not against PayPal rules then I'll shut up and start doing that myself...to be able to automate the process would be perfect...

I think its both cool and easy to make $1.00 donations to charity as a way of keeping these kinds of offers alive. You can automate the transaction, do some good in the world, and take a tax deduction.
FatWallet Discussion

DavidScubadiver said: I think its both cool and easy to make $1.00 donations to charity as a way of keeping these kinds of offers alive. You can automate the transaction, do some good in the world, and take a tax deduction.
FatWallet Discussion

Can you correct the link for this. Thanks.

done. Sorry.

Why so many are interested in this offer? You end up paying $129 financial charge by the end of 1st year, $286 the second year, $562 the third, $977 the forth, and $1551 the fifth year. That happens for a mere $2500 balance transfer.

Life time 0% APR? Life time citi slave I would say.

Here is a small matlab code I made to calculate the financial charge and the result listed at the end. Just look at the numbers.

================================ Source Code =======================================
% citi $50/month purchase, 14.72%APR, 0% for BT, 3% (max $75 fee)

clc;
apr = 14.72/100/12;
bal = 75; %initial balance
for month = 1:60
bal = bal * (1+apr);
bal = bal + 50;
actual_spend = 50 * month;
financial_charge = bal - actual_spend;
disp(['month = ', num2str(month)])
disp(['balance = ', num2str(bal), ' + balance transfered'])
disp(['financial_charge = ', num2str(financial_charge)])
disp(' ')
end

================================ Result =======================================
month = 1
balance = 125.92 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 75.92

month = 2
balance = 177.4646 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 77.4646

month = 3
balance = 229.6415 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 79.6415

month = 4
balance = 282.4585 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 82.4585

month = 5
balance = 335.9233 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 85.9233

month = 6
balance = 390.0439 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 90.0439

month = 7
balance = 444.8285 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 94.8285

month = 8
balance = 500.285 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 100.285

month = 9
balance = 556.4219 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 106.4219

month = 10
balance = 613.2473 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 113.2473

month = 11
balance = 670.7698 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 120.7698

month = 12
balance = 728.9979 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 128.9979

month = 13
balance = 787.9403 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 137.9403

month = 14
balance = 847.6057 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 147.6057

month = 15
balance = 908.003 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 158.003

month = 16
balance = 969.1412 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 169.1412

month = 17
balance = 1031.0293 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 181.0293

month = 18
balance = 1093.6766 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 193.6766

month = 19
balance = 1157.0924 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 207.0924

month = 20
balance = 1221.286 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 221.286

month = 21
balance = 1286.2671 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 236.2671

month = 22
balance = 1352.0453 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 252.0453

month = 23
balance = 1418.6304 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 268.6304

month = 24
balance = 1486.0323 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 286.0323

month = 25
balance = 1554.261 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 304.261

month = 26
balance = 1623.3266 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 323.3266

month = 27
balance = 1693.2394 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 343.2394

month = 28
balance = 1764.0098 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 364.0098

month = 29
balance = 1835.6483 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 385.6483

month = 30
balance = 1908.1656 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 408.1656

month = 31
balance = 1981.5724 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 431.5724

month = 32
balance = 2055.8797 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 455.8797

month = 33
balance = 2131.0985 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 481.0985

month = 34
balance = 2207.24 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 507.24

month = 35
balance = 2284.3154 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 534.3154

month = 36
balance = 2362.3364 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 562.3364

month = 37
balance = 2441.3144 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 591.3144

month = 38
balance = 2521.2612 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 621.2612

month = 39
balance = 2602.1886 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 652.1886

month = 40
balance = 2684.1088 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 684.1088

month = 41
balance = 2767.0339 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 717.0339

month = 42
balance = 2850.9762 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 750.9762

month = 43
balance = 2935.9481 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 785.9481

month = 44
balance = 3021.9624 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 821.9624

month = 45
balance = 3109.0318 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 859.0318

month = 46
balance = 3197.1693 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 897.1693

month = 47
balance = 3286.3879 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 936.3879

month = 48
balance = 3376.7009 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 976.7009

month = 49
balance = 3468.1218 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 1018.1218

month = 50
balance = 3560.6641 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 1060.6641

month = 51
balance = 3654.3416 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 1104.3416

month = 52
balance = 3749.1681 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 1149.1681

month = 53
balance = 3845.1579 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 1195.1579

month = 54
balance = 3942.3252 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 1242.3252

month = 55
balance = 4040.6844 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 1290.6844

month = 56
balance = 4140.2501 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 1340.2501

month = 57
balance = 4241.0372 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 1391.0372

month = 58
balance = 4343.0606 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 1443.0606

month = 59
balance = 4446.3355 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 1496.3355

month = 60
balance = 4550.8772 + balance transfered
financial_charge = 1550.8772

zhaomabel said: Why so many are interested in this offer? You end up paying $129 financial charge by the end of 1st year, $286 the second year, $562 the third, $977 the forth, and $1551 the fifth year. That happens for a mere $2500 balance transfer.

Life time 0% APR? Life time citi slave I would say...............

thank you for not reading the original post, quick summary or any of the other many post in this thread.
thank you for your long and almost useless post.
and lastly thank you for arriving late to the party.

throw these numbers into your calculations and see what comes out..........you may see something completely different.

BT$ = $40000
Each month 2 transactions at $0.07 each
Finance charge each month $0.50

FYI, there was two offers, one required $50 per month, the other did not, only two SMALL purchases.

But....he provided "a small matlab code." Surely that deserves some thanks too!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014