• 1 234522
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
is that a good offer?

Credit Protector is an optional program that can help you conserve your finances and protect your AT&T Universal Card.
Credit Protector will help you:

• Cancel your Account Balance – up to $10,000, if you should die or suffer a long term disability

• Defer payment and interest for up to 2 years – if you should lose your job, become disabled or hospitalized after you enroll

• Cancel 2 minimum monthly payments
(excluding past due and over limit/over line amounts) for certain life events such as a move, marriage, or having a baby

Plus, for a limited time, you’ll receive a $100 Gas Cash-Back Certificate just for trying this optional program! Simply enroll in Credit Protector by 12/31/06. You can cancel Credit Protector at any time and the certificate is yours to keep.1

Free for the first 30 days.
After that, the cost for Credit Protector is only 85¢ per $100 of the New Balance shown on your billing statement.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks.

I've received 3 of mine so far, but I think they skipped 2. How can I figure out which ones I received/did not re... (more)

MrNovember (May. 26, 2008 @ 12:55p) |

I ended up canceling the service after I had received a couple of the enticement gift cards (I needed to start using the... (more)

markkundinger (May. 26, 2008 @ 1:50p) |

After receiving the $100 gas rebate + 5 x $10 Visa cards, I attempted to cancel. Lady told me that she couldn't give me ... (more)

MrNovember (Jun. 09, 2008 @ 6:34p) |

Dept #79095, coupon expiration 3/31/07
Dept #83558, coupon expiration 6/30/07
Dept #87897, coupon expiration 9/30/07

Check gas rebate status here

Cancellation numbers; 888 253 3663 / 888 592 7344, press 1 for english then 3 to cancel

RebateStatus Customer service number is 1-877-360-6632.

Eligible Cards:
Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards
Citi AT&T Universal
Citi Dividend
Citi Simplicity
Citi Driver's Edge
Citi Premier Pass

OFFER IS DEAD!!! DVD player offered by DEFAULT at these links:
offer link 1.
offer link 2.
offer link 3.

how about details on how to sign up? and any offer codes?

What is this? Is CITI taking all their savings from cutting back on the 5% cards and dumping it into Credit Protector plans????

there is no offer code in the email.

propcgamer said: how about details on how to sign up? and any offer codes?

"how about details on how to sign up?"

himali said: there is no offer code in the email.

propcgamer said: how about details on how to sign up? and any offer codes?

I have a hunch that the $100 gas money will be paid in 4 intallments. So you got to stick with the program for at least 12 months to get the full $100. It may take longer than that considering that you need to send in the rebate claim form.

From the same email:

(1) One Cash-Back Certificate per cardmember. The Certificate will be mailed along with the membership materials.

BTW here's a link:

https://www.creditprotector.citicards.com/enroll.aspx

YMMV on the $100 gas certificate if not targeted by Citi

domin8r said: From the same email:

(1) One Cash-Back Certificate per cardmember. The Certificate will be mailed along with the membership materials.

That's kind of how they worded their "$50 Gift Card" offer. That proved to be 5 $10 rebate coupons to be submitted one after the other for 5 $10 gift cards over a 5 month period during which you had to remain enrolled. They must take us for real dolts.

OTOH, when they were the dolts, they'd keep sending $15 enrollment bonus checks (read "gifts") for the cashing - very sweet.

They did have a real-money, one-time $40 rebate offer a while back - bagging it was like pulling teeth.

I'd be wary.

Do you mind giving a link of this offer?

himali said: is that a good offer?

Credit Protector is an optional program that can help you conserve your finances and protect your AT&T Universal Card.
Credit Protector will help you:

• Cancel your Account Balance – up to $10,000, if you should die or suffer a long term disability

• Defer payment and interest for up to 2 years – if you should lose your job, become disabled or hospitalized after you enroll

• Cancel 2 minimum monthly payments
(excluding past due and over limit/over line amounts) for certain life events such as a move, marriage, or having a baby

Plus, for a limited time, you’ll receive a $100 Gas Cash-Back Certificate just for trying this optional program! Simply enroll in Credit Protector by 12/31/06. You can cancel Credit Protector at any time and the certificate is yours to keep.1

Free for the first 30 days.
After that, the cost for Credit Protector is only 85¢ per $100 of the New Balance shown on your billing statement.

As I've said in other posts, Triligent has paid out my gas rebates even after I was no longer a member.

I'm sure its 5 $20 certs or 4 $25 certs - so don't get your heart set on the $100, but you will likely get your money eventually if you stick to what the certs say (mail them in once every 3 months with a correctly dated reciept).

The standard website is only offering $20, do you have a link for the $100 offer?

LINK:

Text

Question: What does 'One Cash-Back Certificate per cardmember' mean? Is it one per cardmember per card? I have two citi cards can I get two $100 vouchers if I enroll both cards?

It looks like this offer is for the Diamond Preferred Rewards card. This is the only card (of four my Citi cards overall), wghich shows this special offer. Go to Manage My Account - Special Offers. I also got e-mail about that.

The only thing, which differs this account from three others is that it does not have any transactions for about a year except of $5 Paperless credit

https://www.citibank.com/us/cards/svc/cbna/content/jump-page/101506/cp-gas.htm is a shortened link, which appears if I push to this banner. The link has continuation, part of which looks like may include personal informaiton - so, I left it out:

?OFR=EC_P_CPRO_10062_2N&ID=...&SESN=...&OFFER_ID=EC_P_CPRO_10062_2N&LOCID=SPECIAL_OFFERS&ENROLLMENT_IND=S&langId=EN&speedbump=NW&PSM_IND=&CAMPAIGN_CODE=EXIST&URL_OF_3RDPARTY=null&PROMOTION_ID=0&OFFER_CODE=null&GRPID=CBNA&SITEID=CB&PAGEID=10045&PID=255

If nothing appears, try to login to Citi first.

Formally, it does not have requirement of any kind of credit card and if you have Citi card with $0 balance, you have nothing to lose if you try. Print the page.

Plus, for a limited time, you’ll receive a $100 Gas Cash-Back Certificate just for trying this optional program! Simply enroll in Credit Protector by 12/31/06. You can cancel Credit Protector at any time and the rebate coupon is yours to keep. 1

1. One Cash-Back Certificate per cardmember. The Certificate will be mailed along with the membership materials.

yuri375 said: Question: What does 'One Cash-Back Certificate per cardmember' mean? Is it one per cardmember per card? I have two citi cards can I get two $100 vouchers if I enroll both cards?
I doubt. If it is processed by the same company as all other Citi rebates then 100% no. Anyway, only practice will show.

But it is different from the others - one per cardmember, not household. So, it should be fine for other family member as a primary cardholder.

Just got my $40 check for applying for credit protector.

When I called to cancel my membership, I was offered the 5 $10 rebate coupons today. Maybe I will cancel my membership after receiving the 5 coupons and then apply again online for the $100 certificate.

dudetheobscure said: domin8r said: From the same email:

That's kind of how they worded their "$50 Gift Card" offer. That proved to be 5 $10 rebate coupons to be submitted one after the other for 5 $10 gift cards over a 5 month period during which you had to remain enrolled. They must take us for real dolts.

OTOH, when they were the dolts, they'd keep sending $15 enrollment bonus checks (read "gifts") for the cashing - very sweet.

They did have a real-money, one-time $40 rebate offer a while back - bagging it was like pulling teeth.

I'd be wary.

so has anybody verified if its (1) 100gc or (4) or (5) pay in installments

On our 6 citi cards, there's one offer (on the Diamond Pref card we use regularly) for a free DVD player for getting Credit Protector. The other 5 cards have no special offers.

A credit protector offer is good on a Dividend card (if one can find one) that you are not planning to use since they dropped the 5% reward on groceries etc.

While generally bad deals, if you have a card with protection and do have a layoff, it does appear you may be able to run up some bills and then get a deferal on the payments for a few months till you get a job. Since they freeze your card once you try to collect, you would need to run up the balanced owed before requesting the benefits (possibly via a blance transfer, large gift card purchase, or prolonged etc) and yet not pay for the protector for more than perhaps one month. This obviously calls for having several cards and keeping zero balance on the one with the credit protector while using the others. then when they freeze your card as you request the layoff benefit you have other cards to use (those unemployed usually need credit).

A few with planned babies, marriages,moves, etc. may be able to get a small benefit from having credit protector when these occur, but given all the other things that happen with marriages, babies, moves, layoffs etc. it is labor intenisve (when a new baby, job hunting, a house move, are keeping you very busy) to do the work required to actually collect the small beneifts you are entitled to.

In a few cases where death is forseen soon, the life insurance could be valuable if you carefully plan (or someone elese is an authorized user and can do the spending as you go downhill). Of course, most authorized users are spouses whose typical reaction to learning their spouse is dying is not "how do I take advantage of his Credit Protector benefits on an almost forgotten card sitting in a drawer?."

ProfessorEd said:
In a few cases where death is forseen soon, the life insurance could be valuable if you carefully plan (or someone elese is an authorized user and can do the spending as you go downhill). Of course, most authorized users are spouses whose typical reaction to learning their spouse is dying is not "how do I take advantage of his Credit Protector benefits on an almost forgotten card sitting in a drawer?."

I think most FWF-ers can totally see themselves doing just that .

ProfessorEd said:
A few with planned babies, marriages,moves, etc. may be able to get a small benefit from having credit protector when these occur, but given all the other things that happen with marriages, babies, moves, layoffs etc. it is labor intenisve (when a new baby, job hunting, a house move, are keeping you very busy) to do the work required to actually collect the small beneifts you are entitled to.

The required work to claim most life benefits is to call them and tell them you're experiencing a life event. When I claimed a moving event with my Dividend Platinum and mtvU, they didn't even need proof. The minimum payment was paid on both cards for two months and I cancelled the day after the second credit protector credit posted on each account. Saved me about $90 (not including the $55 in credit protector check/rebate) and I didn't pay a dime in credit protector fees.

If you know you have a life event coming up, take advantage of credit protector!

I am going to relocate. So I can get get 2 minimum paymemts paid.

bobfather said: ProfessorEd said:

The required work to claim most life benefits is to call them and tell them you're experiencing a life event. When I claimed a moving event with my Dividend Platinum and mtvU, they didn't even need proof. The minimum payment was paid on both cards for two months and I cancelled the day after the second credit protector credit posted on each account. Saved me about $90 (not including the $55 in credit protector check/rebate) and I didn't pay a dime in credit protector fees.

If you know you have a life event coming up, take advantage of credit protector!

snowbound66 said: Just got my $40 check for applying for credit protector.

Did they play the claim submission game with you?

First, I had to send in an incentive selection form. Next I received the requested selection form which I completed/filed in order to receive the third and final (real) claim form. Three mailings for one incentive is nuts. This is an obvious ploy to reduce the claim rates and I almost ditched it myself after receiving the second intermediate form!

itsausername said: snowbound66 said: Just got my $40 check for applying for credit protector.

Did they play the claim submission game with you?

First, I had to send in an incentive selection form. Next I received the requested selection form which I completed/filed in order to receive the third and final (real) claim form. Three mailings for one incentive is nuts. This is an obvious ploy to reduce the claim rates and I almost ditched it myself after receiving the second intermediate form!

I just mailed the original $40 certificate with a $40+ receipt. But I didn't receive my $25 check from them last year (that's the last check for the $100 rebate.)

If one citi card is enrolled, does that mean all other citi cards also enrolled? Or other citi cards not affected?

g33 said: If one citi card is enrolled, does that mean all other citi cards also enrolled? Or other citi cards not affected?

I assume it will only apply to one card only since you are only allowed to enter 1 card number.

wluk said: g33 said: If one citi card is enrolled, does that mean all other citi cards also enrolled? Or other citi cards not affected?

I assume it will only apply to one card only since you are only allowed to enter 1 card number.

Yes. I had both of my dividend and at&t universal enrolled b4.

Enrolled my AAdvantage card, which I just shelved after spending the $250 requirement in 2 months. It's going to be tough coming up with $100 in gas receipts myself. I guess I'll have to pull a few out of the garbage at a gas station. Thanks OP. Let's hope they're not up to falsely advertising the coupon again.

im in for the $100

got four gift certificates today. But you have to send the certificates back along with the gas receipt by Dec 31 2006 in order to get $100 check.
$400 gas in two months? A little hard to make that.
Anyway, citi is fast and it is true that you can get $100 gas certificate by signing up the program.
Cheers!

arhong said: got four gift certificates today. But you have to send the certificates back along with the gas receipt by Dec 31 2006 in order to get $100 check.
Anyway, citi is fast and it is true that you can get $100 gas certificate by signing up the program.
Cheers!

You can pick any recipt at gas stations

I got a single $100 certificate today as well. So glad they didn't play the multiple-submission game.

vapno said: I got a single $100 certificate today as well. So glad they didn't play the multiple-submission game.
When did you enroll?

sandy05 said: vapno said: I got a single $100 certificate today as well. So glad they didn't play the multiple-submission game.
When did you enroll?

Note my previous post 5 days prior.

Does it have to be a one-time $100 purchase or accumulative to $100?

Does anyone know why Citi Professional can't enroll?

arhong said: got four gift certificates today. But you have to send the certificates back along with the gas receipt by Dec 31 2006 in order to get $100 check.
Cheers!

Why $400?

Accumulate to $100 but must submit within 30 days of purchase, so be prepared to fuel multiple cars/collect receipts from friends/pull the one from Costco pump that the previous user didn't take/etc.

Do you have to make the purchase with your enrolled credit card?

Thanks.

cicicecilia said: arhong said: got four gift certificates today. But you have to send the certificates back along with the gas receipt by Dec 31 2006 in order to get $100 check.
Cheers!

Why $400?

He (and his significant other) may have 4 citibank credit cards.

Skipping 828 Messages...
After receiving the $100 gas rebate + 5 x $10 Visa cards, I attempted to cancel. Lady told me that she couldn't give me any more Visa cards because we're supposedly allowed only 5 per year... Perhaps I'll have to sign up again

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014