• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Through a recent PM and a realization that I don't have a problem {addiction to CUs ( in addition to my addiction to CCs)}, I realized we are in marginal need of an incomplete thread on credit unions. Here goes.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
DKTVPN posted a new thread about Patriots Federal Credit Union's offer of a 5.75% 12-month Certificate ($10,000 minimum)... (more)

ThursdaysChild (Dec. 04, 2007 @ 11:04a) |

Advice requested!!!

Please list your experience with using CUs to gain business credit. Having those juicy no-fee checks... (more)

debentureboy (Dec. 05, 2007 @ 4:38a) |

What state are you in? My unofficial observation - as an avid reader of credit union trade publications - is that in ce... (more)

SeattleNative (Jan. 12, 2008 @ 6:23a) |

SEE ALSO the original FAQ (though it's now archived, i.e. no new posts allowed)
Another link to the archived CU FAQ

Also archived: the BIG credit union thread

Credit Unions often offer a number of better banking opportunities than banks. Below is a list of items that are TYPICALLY better (YMMV) and a listing of particularly notable CUs.

• Many look at your deposits when picking a credit line. This allows us to move some money around to make it look like we’re higher rollers than we might really be  larger credit lines for CCS
• Smaller, local CUs allow us to easily and effectively talk with CC underwriters. Very nice for certain situations requiring some face-to-face trust.
• Are SUPPOSED to have better rates (lower loan rates, higher savings rates) and lower fees. I don’t see this unless you are comparing local banks to local CUs. FWF junkies don’t do this… They compare rates on a national online type fashion where the highest rates savings rates could come from anywhere at any time. So… this doesn’t really do anything for me… Fees, however, do seem to fit this CU tenet, and are very handy for certain situations – getting things notarized, lower fee mortgages, lower overdraft fees if you are so challenged, etc.
• Are much more likely to share with us the real truth – reasons for denial, sharing credit score (often by paper copy of full report including score, not just a comment of “You’re at 625, so that’s not a great score”.
• Local small CU’s often offer good advice… like they are really looking out for you… “Mr. Debentureboy, I see you have a large amount of money in our statement savings account at 2% interest… Would you interested in our high rate super-mega account at 12%?” Ditto for loan products. Obviously, this is a very YMMV, and is also more typical of local family owned banks.
• Probably the biggest benefit to most FWF junkies… no fee BT checks on CCS and decent low rates on CC balances (7-12%). Low CC rates don’t do anything for playing interest rate games, but does allow a handy place to park some debt while switching between 0% offers.

Notable credit unions:

Patelco – Available to all through the California Association of Older Americans. Offers unique Treasury rate savings vehicle and a pretty good credit card. http://www.patelco.org/Default.aspx

Navy Federal – Great rates on CDs. Must have a connection to the Navy – direct or through a relative. http://www.navyfcu.org/about/membership_eligible.html

Digital Federal – Great CD rates. Is this the one that used to allow membership by means of having an email address??? [No, that was Meadows, which doesn't do that anymore.] Now they list a bunch of organizations, employers and geographic locations for eligibility. http://www.dcu.org/infodesk/membrshp/eligibil.html

NASA Federal -- just so you can leave your statment envelope on the table so others can see it... They have membership through some organizations that anyone can join. http://www.nasafcu.com/

Wings - consistently has high rate CD's. Must have a connection to the air industry, but get imaginative and don't talk to a CSR. I've got a clear connection to the air industry but the CSR won't let me sign up by phone. I did it on-line and no sweat. http://www.wingsfinancial.com/ASP/home.asp

Pentagon Federal – Great CD rates, great loan products and CC - flat 1.25% cashbak. www.penfed.org

(The following was originally in the Mega AOR thread, but this thread seems more appropriate ... plus, that was getting too large to edit!)

Quick FAQ:
FOM = Field Of Membership. Usually if you Live, Work, Attend school or WORSHIP in these areas, you qualify! Be prepared to say where you worship (church, cult, etc) if you elect this option. In some cases, family members who meet the requirements will also qualify you. As always YMMV.

Many CUs may request proof of income, identity, and may want to do things by mail. The standard rates on their CCS are usually less than banks offer. Cash advance, and BT fees are also usually less. Some of these offer very high savings or CD rates.

Co Op: Usually an Association you need to join, or a donation you need to make. These are usually open to anyone, and usually it is just a one time fee.

Some CUs outsource their apps to Digital Insignt Corp. As far as I know, this is for instant approvals, but I believe the bank actually underwrites the loan. Digital Insight is just a service provider. If this is incorrect, please say so. They are staffed 24/7, for phone apps, and you may apply online. Just think, one CU or bank, may deny you thru their system, and another approve!
It is unknown if multiple apps thru them redflag you.
Digital Insight - Common CU Outsource firm. U/W criteria varies on issuer according to this.

Don't forget to do your due diligence with these CUs.
* Warning: Some CUs may require a higher amount in their savings account to be free of "minimum balance fees"

(CUs are open to anyone unless otherwise stated)

Join Wescom $100 min savings, $15 fee, Socal Only (Worship OK!)
Wescom Online CC App
Kinecta Join $10 Coop fee, $5 share acct. Open to Anyone.
Kinecta Federal Credit Union Online CC App
Patelco Credit Union ($20 fee to join, elgibility: Just type member of the California Association for Older Americans in app. No charge, and they don't verify apparently) $5 share acct, $20 fee to join CU.
Patelco CU Visa App
Security Service FCU (Online app states non-members may apply) If approved, anyone can join this thru a co-op.
Digitial CU $15 to join Co Op, $5 share acct CC App accessible here.
Lockheed FCU ($5 Co Op, $5 Share) CC App here also.
GTE FCU $10 co-op, $5 share, $50 checking acct. Join by phone or request info online
Michigan State University FCU (Link to join CO OP - $50 for 1 year)
Michigan State University FCU link to join CU - $5 share, $1 fee. VISA App
Addison Avenue FCU Co Op $5 (Coop also allows you to join Spectrum FCU! CC App.) $5 share acct.
Western FCU - 1 of 2 co ops, $10+, $5 share, and $5 fee to join. CC App.
NASA FCU $20 Co Op, $25 share act.
Spectrum FCU $25 share, $5 fee. Co Op $5 (See Addison AVE CO OP, Same)
American First CU $5 fee, $50 share ($500 min to avoid monthly fee) Must live/work/worship in OC, Chino Hills or Corona, calif.
Altura CU $10 share, $2 fee. Must live/work/worship/attend school in specified SoCal areas.(SB, Riv, OC, SD) No BT fees 8.99-12.99 APR
California Coastal CU (Co Op Link) $25 share. Assoc. is $10/year, and App is mail only.
California Coastal CU JOIN Link. $25 share, Need to be Cal. PTA member (See above)
California Coastal CU CC App 1.99% for 6mos NO BT fees.
USA Federal CU $5 share, $5 fee. Call 24hrs for info on join Assoc. open to anyone. Unkown cost. They take CC apps from Non-members!
California CU Need to join PTA (open to Anyone) Unkown share, but I saw $100 is min. to avoid monthly fees. Can apply for CC w/o becoming a member for $5 fee. Then will need to join, and be elgible.
Christian Community CU $100 share. Need "personal statement of faith" 0% for 6mos NO BT fees
SCE FCU Field of Membership in some CA, AZ, and NC cities (See link). Unkown Share min.
Premier America Credit Union $5 share, $5 fee. F.O.M Ventura County, and parts of LA County. (worship OK) may also join AAAE CoOp (Anyone, for an unkown fee) May apply for CC before joining.
First Entertainment CU $5 share, $5 fee. F.O.M.to" most individuals" in "Greater Los Angeles area" (Worship OK) Request Kit by mail, CC app online.
LBS Financial CU FOM: Orange County, Riverside County, SE LA County. (MUST live or work in) $5 share, $1 fee. Print Joining App. Online Visa App.
CU of Southern California FOM: NW OC, and EAST LA Co. Worship OK. Unkown Share, print and mail app.
E1 Financial CU FOM: Select Socal Cities (See link) Worship OK! Unkown Share amt. OK to Apply for visa online under "Online Services" before joining.
First City CU $5 share, $5 fee. FOM: LA County, Select SB County cities (See link) Worship OK! Join first, then online visa app.
Water & Power Community CU $5 fee, $25 share. FOM: Greater LA Area (Most of LA) Check zip here. Worship OK! Must join first. CCS have Annual Fees.
Costa Mesa FCU $5 fee $50 share. FOM: Costa Mesa, CA (Worship OK!) May fax in app. Can apply for CC online once member.
Pacific Coast CU $50 share. FOM: Newport Beach & Costa Mesa, CA (Worship OK!) CC app accepted online for non-members if elgible.
Universal City Studios CU $25 share, $1 fee. FOM: West LA, SFV. (Worship OK!) Fax member app. 6.99 fixed CC APR. Online CC App.
California Bear CU $25 share, $5 fee. FOM: City of LA. (Worship OK!) Apply for CC online, nonmembers OK.
Nevada FCU $25 share. FOM: live/work in Clark county, Reno, or Pahrump NV. Apply for CC online, as low as 5.99 APR.
Community One CU $25 share. FOM: Clark County, NV (Worship OK!) Apply for CC online for nonmembers. (Serviced by LoanLiner)
Ensign FCU $25 share. FOM: Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and their families throughout Lincoln, Nye and Clark Counties, NV. Apply for CC Online for Non(Elgible)-members .
Boulder Dam CU Unkown Share or FOM. Apply by phone only. They offer a Credit card.
Members 1st CU $5 share if AGE < 22 $25 if AGE > 22. FOM: Select PA Counties (Worship OK!) Apply for CC By phone.
BECU CU $5 share. FOM: Washington State. (Worship OK!)
America First CU $25 share. FOM: Salt Lake county, UT, within 12 miles of Mesquite Nevada Post Office. (Worship OK!)
Arizona FCU $25 share. FOM: Maricopa, Pinal counties, or city of Tucson, Arizona. (Worship OK!)
Randolph Brooks FCU $5 share. FOM: Areas of Texas. (Worship OK!)
Mission FCU Unkown Share. FOM: San Diego County, CA. (Worship, or do Business in OK!)
South Carolina FCU $5 share, $5 fee. FOM: Select South Carolina Counties. (Worship OK!) Promo to earn $250 for checking w/ D.D. & Estatements!
Travis CU $5 share, $5 fee. FOM: Select Northern CA Counties. (Worship OK!)
Hudson Valley FCU $5 share. FOM: Select NY Counties. (Worship or Volunteer OK!)
Justice FCU $35 Co Op, $5 share. FOM: NSA Members. 6.99 for 6mos See link
ESL FCU $1 share FOM: Join a Co Op (See link, must call a # for info) or Area:Rochester, NY (Worship OK!)
Kern Schools FCU $50 share. FOM: Kern County, CA (Worship OK!)
Founders FCU $5 share. FOM: "Designated areas" (Not specified, call for info) Worship OK! They have Branches in SC & WI.
Chartway FCU $5 share ($200 min to avoid fees, or have 2nd acct such as CC or CD) FOM: designated areas of Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, VA; Houston, TX; Pinellas County, FL; Providence, RI; Kent or Washington counties of Rhode Island. (Worship OK according to this page)
Tinker FCU $5 share FOM: any of the following Oklahoma counties: Payne, Pontotoc, Seminole (Worship OK!) 3.99 for 6mos on Purch.
Clearview FCU $10 share FOM: Southwestern Pennsylvania community which includes Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland Counties. (Worship or business in OK) 5.99% for 6mos
University FCU $5 share, $1 fee, $20 donation for Co Op. 6.9% fixed rate for "Excellent" credit
Coastal FCU $25 share, $1 fee. $10 Co-Op. 5.99 fixed starting rate.
Capital Communications FCU $25 share. FOM: NY cities of: Albany, Cohoes, Mechanicville, Rensselaer, Schenectady, Troy, Watervliet or the Town of Green Island (Worship OK!)
Visions FCU $1 fee $25 share. FOM: Broome, Chenango, Tioga, Chemung*, Schuyler* (NY), the City of Syracuse, or Bradford County (PA) (Worship or Conduct Business OK) Annual Fees on some CCS.
Northeast CU $5 share FOM: ME Counties: Strafford, Rockingham, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Belknap, Carroll or Southern York (Conduct Biz, or Worship OK!)
American Eagle CU $5 share FOM: Hartford County, Middlesex County, or Tolland County CT. (Worship OK)
Schools Financial CU $1 share! FOM: CA Counties of Butte, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Solano, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba (Worship OK)
Tyndall FCU $5 share $1 fee FOM: FL Counties of Gulf, Walton, Jackson, Bay, Okaloosa, Franklin, Calhoun, Holmes, or Washington. (Worship Ok!)
MAX FCU $5 share $1 fee FOM: Counties of Montgomery, Autauga, or Elmore (AL State Area) (Worship OK)
Watermark CU $25 share FOM: WA State (Worship OK!)
Aberdeen Proving Ground FCU $5 share FOM: Harford or Cecil County or certain areas in Middle River, Maryland. (Worship OK)
Firstmark CU $5 share. FOM: Bexar County, Texas.
Elevations CU $25 share Co Op: Coloardo Alumni Assoc. $20+ (See other link for Co Op)
Colorado Alumni Assoc. Co Op Link (lets you in Elevations CU, and possibly others)
Robins FCU: $25 share ($100 to avoid fees) FOM:Central Georgia area. Baldwin, Bibb, Clarke, Crawford, Emanuel, Houston, Jones, Macon, Monroe, Peach, Pulaski, Putnam, Taylor, Telfair, Twiggs, and Wilkinson counties (Worship OK)
Keesler FCU $5 share. FOM: Pearl River County Mississippi (Worship OK!)
Pacific Service CU $100 share to avoid fees FOM:Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Marin, Napa, Placer, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano or Sonoma counties (CA) (Worship OK!)
Spokane Teachers CU $50 share, $20 fee. (May fund w/ CC) FOM: tate of Washington or in Bonner and Kootenai Counties in Idaho (Worship OK!)
American Heritage FCU $15 share FOM: Philadelphia, PA and select surronding areas (Worship OK!)
DuPont Community CU $25 share FOM:Cities of Augusta Rockingham (VA Area) Worship OK!
Suffolk FCU $5 share. FOM: Suffolk County, NY (Worship OK!)
Andrews FCU $5 share ($100 to avoid fees) FOM: Washington, DC (Worship OK!) 3.9% for 12mos
Texas Dow Employees CU $5 share. FOM:Calhoun, DeWitt, Goliad, Jackson, Lavaca, Refugio or Victoria County, TX. (Worship OK!)
US FCU $5 share FOM: Greater Twin Cities area, Northfield Comminity, Atlanta Airport Community (Worship or Volunteer OK!)
Eastman CU $5.25 share FOM: Many TN, VA, and Gregg & Harrison County, TX counties. See link for maps (Worship OK!)
Provident CU $25 share. FOM: Many Co Ops to join (See link) Also, many Norcal areas, and city of LA qualifies.
Affinity Plus FCU $10 share FOM: Roseville, Arden Hills, Mounds View, Shoreview, St Anthony, New Birighton, MN (worship OK!) Or join CO OP (See below)
Co Op for Affinity Plus FCU $25 for Co Op
United FCU AKA First Resource CU $300 to avoid fees FOM: Select areas in AR, OH, OK, MI, & NC (See census tracts on site) Worship OK.
Seven Seventeen CU $5 share. FOM: Select Areas in OH (See link) Worship OK. Must notarize App.
NuUnion CU $5 shre FOM: Select MI areas. (Worship OK!) Apply by fax. CC App Online.
City-County FCU $5 share. FOM: Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, or Washington County (MN Area) Worship OK!
SAFE FCU $5 share FOM: Lee, Clarendon, and Sumter and parts of Kershaw, Florence, Richland and Lexington counties, SC (Worship OK)
Huway FCU $5 share. FOM: Twin Cities Area (See link) Worship OK!
Wright-Patt CU $5 share FOM: Select areas in SW Ohio. (Worship OK!)
AltaOne FCU $25 share. FOM: Mono, Inyo or Kern Counties and selected communities in Northern San Bernardino county, CA (Worship or Volunteer in OK!)
Sikorsky Financial CU $5 share. FOM: Fairfield, New Haven and Hartford counties of Connecticut (and also the towns of New Milford and Bridgewater in Litchfield County) (Worship or Volunteer OK!)
First Future CU $5 share. FOM: San Diego County, CA (Worship OK!)
Delta CU - residents of Cobb, Coweta, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett and Henry counties in GA; employees / retired employees of various companies - got a 4% car loan here.
Redwood CU Anyone living or working in the following Northern Bay Area counties of California may join Redwood Credit Union:
Sonoma, Marin, Mendocino, Lake, Napa,San Francisco,Contra Costa,Solano -----EQ pull for credit application only

My favorite CU story is when I was fairly highly leveraged doing the BT game and I needed another $7K of credit limit to make a large purchase… I walked in to the CU, talked with the actual CC underwriter. I explained I routinely carry high balances because of large business expenses and slow reimbursements, using CC’s essentially as margin accounts for investments (can you say euphemism? I thought you could!), etc. She looked me up, saw I was never late, had a few active accounts with them and promptly gave me more than I asked for without a hard pull. It was like talking with your nice aunt.

debentureboy said: The Unofficial Penultimate Credit Union PostOK, I don't get it -- which one of these credit unions is second to last, and what does that mean to me?

LH2004 said: debentureboy said: The Unofficial Penultimate Credit Union PostOK, I don't get it -- which one of these credit unions is second to last, and what does that mean to me?
Take it as a great sense of self-irony

lots of good info in the archived thread FW Finance FAQ: Credit Unions

OP noted: Low CC rates don’t do anything for playing interest rate games, but does allow a handy place to park some debt while switching between 0% offers. Very good point. My BECU VISA charges a stable 6.9% rate, and there isn't a nasty "universal default" clause. Are SUPPOSED to have better rates (lower loan rates, higher savings rates) and lower fees. I don’t see this unless you are comparing local banks to local CUs. FWF junkies don’t do this… They compare rates on a national online type fashion where the highest rates savings rates could come from anywhere at any time. So… this doesn’t really do anything for me… Good point. Banking deregulation has created a fiercely competitive marketplace. While loan and savings rates from banks are hyper-competitive - particularly those marketing via the Internet - fees and charges buried in the "fine print" remain problematic when dealing with banks.

Some CUs are struggling financially, even with their nonprofit tax-exempt status. In the past, most CUs received financial subsidies or free office space from their sponsors (an employer, a local government, or a church) but this is becoming less common, particularly due to corporate mergers and changing business conditions.

More likely than not, a lot of smaller CUs will consolidate with other CUs. A rising number of CUs are likely (over the objections of some "member-owners") to convert to bank charters. Recent laws like the 1998 Credit Union Membership Access Act make it surprisingly easy for a small group of CU insiders to convert their organization from a CU to a bank, with nominal public scrutiny.

Regarding penultimate:

As the great Inigo Montaya once said, I do not think that word means what you think it means.

bump

According to BankDeals, rumor has it that PenFed will begin offering a 6.25% CD with terms of 3 to 7 years. Check PenFed's web site on Thursday, December 28th when the rates change.

By the way, does anyone know if PenFed continues to do a hard pull each time you open a CD, or does the first pull suffice?

Merry Holidays, all!

A ton of links to CUs have been moved here from My Ld1cf8f05d8be38e57bac691cd7a253da thread. Have fun with them! The information is quite valuable if used right. Only the biggest CUs are listed here, along with a few niche local ones from the west coast. Most have a portfolio of $30MM of Unsecured credit card loans outstanding.

bump

I am going to apply for a couple of these CU late this year.

Does anyone konw if any of these CU's are strictly EQ pullers?

SCM

I already can tell you that Penfed, Coastal, Nasa, MacDill, Orlando, Agriculture, Justice, Delta Community, and America's are all EQ pullers. I've applied or already have membership in them all. I'm looking for others. I've also recently applied for PSECU, Spectrum, and Apple, but I'm not certain who they pull. These can all be joined by anybody.

SCM

Try Addison Avenue. I think they pull Experian but one fellow in CB with a frozen EX convinced them to pull EQ or TU instead. Since you are eligable to join Spectrum you should be able to join Addison Avenue as well through the same affiliation.

Bumping thread to keep it alive - glad to have this thread, since the "old" FW Finance Credit Union FAQ is archived closed.

Chartway FCU is offering 13-month CDs starting at 5.75% APY (and up to 6.51% APY with a whole bunch of relationships).

According to BankDeals, the field of membership includes those who live, work, worship or go to school in a defined geographic area served by the credit union's Virginia, Florida, Rhode Island and Texas branches. There are other ways to qualify for membership. Contact Chartway for details.

Does anyone know what those "other ways" are?

(BTW, the membership application says "Please note additionally that an inquiry to a credit bureau will be submitted.")

Where you work, where your relative goes to school,if your relative is a member... It's all on the application.

The BIG Credit Union thread has links to various surveys of large credit unions by size of deposits, number of members, etc.

I recently went through a bit of a "deceive-o-rama"... I applied for car loans at numerous credit unions around town (there are a TON of credit unions in a decent sized community!). I selected one on low rate and proceeded... I went back to each other CU and told them I found a better loan rate elsewhere, but wanted to do more business with them. I asked if they could use the credit report they just pulled on me for application for their credit card. Every one of them agreed to it. So far, I have 8 new cards and only 2 pulls showing on my credit report -- I'm assuming that the agencies see me as rate shopping for the car loan, and as such, not reporting every hard pull that was made. I'm not sure if they'll catch up in time... but that's where I'm at right now... I plan to join about 8 more CUs now, wait 6 months and rinse and repeat.

One CU did not care if I did other business with them or not... they just gave me a $25K limit. One CU (where I have a $10K CD) gave me a $10K limit and told me they'd go $25K as soon as I set up checking with DD with them. I declined, but thanked him for the info.

Bump.

From BankDeals: this week Western FCU did a change to its 60-month CD rate, and it's now offering a yield of 5.69% APY for a minimum deposit of $40K. The yield is 5.64% APY for a $1K minimum and 5.75% APY for a $100K minimum. Anyone can join Western FCU via membership into an association.*

The APY is tasty, but I'm getting tired of credit unions that do hard pulls for memberships & CDs. Does anyone know if Western FCU does a hard pull? Edit: No hard pull, just ChexSystems.

*If you're not otherwise eligible, the instructions say to join the SurfRider Foundation then apply at Western FCU.

I anybody familiar with American Share Insurance? Some credit unions are insured through ASI, rather than NCUA. Is there anything that I should be wary of when putting my money in one of these credit unions?

While I am looking at joining a local credit union that is insured with ASI, I know that Patelco Credit Union (in the list above) is also ASI insured.

That is a very intersting way to lower the number of hard pulls. Has anyone tried this approach with non credit union cc cards?

debentureboy said: I recently went through a bit of a "deceive-o-rama"... I applied for car loans at numerous credit unions around town (there are a TON of credit unions in a decent sized community!). I selected one on low rate and proceeded... I went back to each other CU and told them I found a better loan rate elsewhere, but wanted to do more business with them. I asked if they could use the credit report they just pulled on me for application for their credit card. Every one of them agreed to it. So far, I have 8 new cards and only 2 pulls showing on my credit report -- I'm assuming that the agencies see me as rate shopping for the car loan, and as such, not reporting every hard pull that was made. I'm not sure if they'll catch up in time... but that's where I'm at right now... I plan to join about 8 more CUs now, wait 6 months and rinse and repeat.

One CU did not care if I did other business with them or not... they just gave me a $25K limit. One CU (where I have a $10K CD) gave me a $10K limit and told me they'd go $25K as soon as I set up checking with DD with them. I declined, but thanked him for the info.

Bump

Bump thread - great topic

heads up for Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (LAFCU) members. Today I received a folded mailer that contains a certificate for free 1 pound See's candy. Note: It says not to detach the certificate from the brochure until redeemed since they want the mailing label.

DKTVPN posted a new thread about Patriots Federal Credit Union's offer of a 5.75% 12-month Certificate ($10,000 minimum). (Goldsheet added information in the QS.)

If anyone has heard of them and/or has experience with them, please post!

Edit: BankDeals has an article on this CU. Be sure to read the comments.

Advice requested!!!

Please list your experience with using CUs to gain business credit. Having those juicy no-fee checks would be a great help to cash flowing a new (or established, for that matter...) business.

Who's business friendly?

I'm embarking on a business CU search, so I'll post my own results here as I progress.

Thanks

DB

Debentureboy said: Please list your experience with using CUs to gain business credit. Having those juicy no-fee checks would be a great help to cash flowing a new (or established, for that matter...) business. What state are you in? My unofficial observation - as an avid reader of credit union trade publications - is that in certain states, state-chartered CUs tend to have somewhat more leeway for providing business credit services than Federally-chartered CUs. In many cases, they are very eager to out-bank the banks by providing substantially lower processing fees and service charges.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014