• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Today, I received an offer from Discover Card to sign up for DirectPay, which automatically withdraws the minimum due from a checking/savings account. For signing up, they'll send me an automatic $20 CashBack Bonus in 6-8 weeks. The form must be received by December 31, 2006.

Basically, check your junk mail and look for something from Discover!

I was a bit leery, though, as a) I haven't seen anything about DirectPay anywhere--not even on Discover's site and b) the terms say "DirectPay will override my enrollment and access to the 'Make a Payment' option on Discovercard.com." I called Discover, and the CSR verified that DirectPay exists. Then, he said I had two options for paying the full balance: 1) have DirectPay automatically pay the minimum payment and then send in a check separately or 2) cross out the words "minimum payment" on the form and write "full balance". Apparently, there are two options for this, but the form only gives you one! I verified with the CSR that I would still get the $20 CashBack Bonus, and he said yes.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Direct payment option is on discover website:

DirectPay

Not sure about $20. Guess need to call CSR.

Ah, I couldn't find it, because I was searching for "DirectPay", which is how it's written in the letter rather than "Direct Payment". Thanks for the link!

Yeah, the $20 bonus may be a targeted offer.

sandy05 said: [Q]Direct payment option is on discover website:

DirectPay

Not sure about $20. Guess need to call CSR.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014