• Text Only
dustin72 said: FYI, I was charged $5.95 this month for the supposedly "free" checking with no DD under offer CH100CTA. I sent a message to customer service, referencing the offer text & chat that are posted in prior messages in this thread. Hopefully they remove it, otherwise I will be liquidating my account (and opening another in 6 months).

same for me, and for some others in the BoA $100 FWF thread too. I called in and the lady apologized and fixed that. She said she saw the CH100CTA code in my account and a waiver code was supposingly applied to remove any monthly fee. (I have never done a DD to this account.) The next day it was refunded. Who knows if it's gonna creep in next month! If not for the KTC program I will close this soon.

Looks to me like the NFL card DOES NOT have a CAP on BT fee.

says 3% (no cap listed)

Yes - for me. Easy consolidation. Opened 3 new CC in one month and consolidated to the one that had no BT fee. They seem eager to "sell" these 0% BT transfers. Went directly to HYS with them. Go figure why they've created this non-intuitive instrument.

busterbaxter said: dustin72 said: FYI, I was charged $5.95 this month for the supposedly "free" checking with no DD under offer CH100CTA. I sent a message to customer service, referencing the offer text & chat that are posted in prior messages in this thread. Hopefully they remove it, otherwise I will be liquidating my account (and opening another in 6 months).

same for me, and for some others in the BoA $100 FWF thread too. I called in and the lady apologized and fixed that. She said she saw the CH100CTA code in my account and a waiver code was supposingly applied to remove any monthly fee. (I have never done a DD to this account.) The next day it was refunded. Who knows if it's gonna creep in next month! If not for the KTC program I will close this soon.


Same thing happened to me, they refunded next day and told me the fee would not be charged from now on.

I see this link https://offers.bankofamerica.com/ConsumerCard/OTS5Offer.aspx in the quick summary ( No Fee BT offer for 12 months )

Are these offers still valid and does BOA honor these terms? I do not see these cards listed as No Fee BT offers in the mega offers thread.

I do have a BOA card for past 5 years which I have not been using. If this offer is valid, wanted to open an account, reallocate some credit to the new card and make use of it.

Anyone, who has used this offer and reallocated your credits, please step in.

Thanks,
-relish

jlgrandam said: busterbaxter said: dustin72 said: FYI, I was charged $5.95 this month for the supposedly "free" checking with no DD under offer CH100CTA. I sent a message to customer service, referencing the offer text & chat that are posted in prior messages in this thread. Hopefully they remove it, otherwise I will be liquidating my account (and opening another in 6 months).

same for me, and for some others in the BoA $100 FWF thread too. I called in and the lady apologized and fixed that. She said she saw the CH100CTA code in my account and a waiver code was supposingly applied to remove any monthly fee. (I have never done a DD to this account.) The next day it was refunded. Who knows if it's gonna creep in next month! If not for the KTC program I will close this soon.


Same thing happened to me, they refunded next day and told me the fee would not be charged from now on.


I don't trust them. I ended up having my workplace DD $1 to my BoA account every month. For me it is an easy step to avoid any future hassles and lost of time (calling, transferring, waiting, etc...)

relish said: I see this link https://offers.bankofamerica.com/ConsumerCard/OTS5Offer.aspx in the quick summary ( No Fee BT offer for 12 months )

Are these offers still valid and does BOA honor these terms?

Yep, Had my mom open up one of these a few weeks ago to move some balances over from 2 different cards for 0% for 12 months w/ no fee. They work just dandy... handy if you want to BT amounts further down the line or do multiple ones w/o fees.

Nice, I think I will apply for the BOA MC. BOA sends BT checks right?

Trance99 said: Nice, I think I will apply for the BOA MC. BOA sends BT checks right?
BOA deposits directly into your checking account -- fatser and more reliable than getting a check.

luiset83 said: relish said: I see this link https://offers.bankofamerica.com/ConsumerCard/OTS5Offer.aspx in the quick summary ( No Fee BT offer for 12 months )

Are these offers still valid and does BOA honor these terms?

Yep, Had my mom open up one of these a few weeks ago to move some balances over from 2 different cards for 0% for 12 months w/ no fee. They work just dandy... handy if you want to BT amounts further down the line or do multiple ones w/o fees.


Thanks... that definitely helps..

Added the link to the $75 statement credit card offer.

When we stopped by BofA branch, they said you also have to open savigs account for at least $5 to get promo?????????????

duna said: When we stopped by BofA branch, they said you also have to open savigs account for at least $5 to get promo?????????????

You apply for the credit card online...not at a branch.

I am interested in applying for the VISA Platinum Plus credit card with 0% for 12 months ........ I was wondering if the no BT fee is valid if made with the application or is it valid thru out the intro period ??

g10ny said: Added the link to the $75 statement credit card offer.

Sorry, I missed that link -- anyone have it? Thanks

busterbaxter said: jlgrandam said: busterbaxter said: dustin72 said: FYI, I was charged $5.95 this month for the supposedly "free" checking with no DD under offer CH100CTA. I sent a message to customer service, referencing the offer text & chat that are posted in prior messages in this thread. Hopefully they remove it, otherwise I will be liquidating my account (and opening another in 6 months).

same for me, and for some others in the BoA $100 FWF thread too. I called in and the lady apologized and fixed that. She said she saw the CH100CTA code in my account and a waiver code was supposingly applied to remove any monthly fee. (I have never done a DD to this account.) The next day it was refunded. Who knows if it's gonna creep in next month! If not for the KTC program I will close this soon.


Same thing happened to me, they refunded next day and told me the fee would not be charged from now on.


I don't trust them. I ended up having my workplace DD $1 to my BoA account every month. For me it is an easy step to avoid any future hassles and lost of time (calling, transferring, waiting, etc...)


Update: since that first snafu, there have been no other charges for no DD with this offer. So they fixed the glitch.

robertandrew said: g10ny said: Added the link to the $75 statement credit card offer.

Sorry, I missed that link -- anyone have it? Thanks


This

I called BofA earlier today to convert my MasterCard into a Visa. Friendly rep suggested that I apply for a new card and then, later, combine them. I noted that I was concerned about keeping the credit history, i.e. how long I'd had the account and my good payment record. She noted that, when I merge the old account into the new one, the combined account will have the history of the old card (open date, etc.) tacked-on.

Question:
For those of you who have done this, was that the case?


Thanks!

Sechs, I assume this question is not only related to BofA, but is generally credit-related. Try asking this in the no-flame Q&A thread.
Anyway, unless you specifically take care to keep the older card open, is something new.
Of course, the closest explanation at hand is that BofA CSRs are not very knowledgeable...

I don't assume that all of the credit card issuers do the same thing, but will also ask there.

Presumably, I'd keep the old account open until merged into the the new one. I am skeptical that what she explained is what really happens, which is why I posted here... nothing quite like real experience.

You can possibly transfer just about all the credit limit over, leaving $500 or $1000 in your old mastercard.

Then just keep the accont. What do you have to lose?

I don't really want another credit card, particularly one from BofA.

I can *just* have them convert my existing account from a MasterCard to a Visa. If I can open a new account, with all of those benefits, and then, later, schlep the two accounts into one, as if I had converted it, that'd be better.

I know folks here have merged accounts, and hope that someone can confirm or deny the rep's statement.


Thanks

Looks like BofA is not willing to honor this deal. Has anyone got the bonus.

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your inquiry dated 10/13/07 regarding promotional
incentive. We appreciate the opportunity to service your banking needs.

Upon further review, our records indicate that your account ending in
-XXXX does not meet our eligibility for our CH100CTA due to the
following reasons:

- Account was opened on 7/23/07 after the promotional offer has ended
on 7/19/07.
- There is an existing checking account already opened under your
profile. The CH100CTA promotion is offered to customers who have a Bank
of America credit card and did not yet have a checking account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We value you as
a customer and appreciate your business. If we may be of further
assistance, please contact us again by e-mail. Thank you for choosing
Bank of America.

^^ you forgot to comment if what BOA is saying true or not. Maybe they are not paying b/c you did not qualify or did not fulfill the requirement of the offer.

sechs said: I know folks here have merged accounts, and hope that someone can confirm or deny the rep's statement.

So, I called BofA twice today, talking to two different CS reps and someone in new applications, and all confirmed the statements of the person with which I originally spoke. This is, at least, the official line.

I took names and notes, so, if it doesn't work as described, I have the basis for a complaint. Whether that'll do anything for me, is debatable.

If you havent recived the bonus in 60 days, dont bother emailing or calling the frontline BofA reps. They will tell say that you dont qualify or have to wait an additional 60 days, or some other crap. Call 1888-383-7500. Thats the number for the incentive department, and can make sure a bonus is promptly credited.

g10ny said: robertandrew said: g10ny said: Added the link to the $75 statement credit card offer.

Sorry, I missed that link -- anyone have it? Thanks


This


That link doesnt indicate the 75 dollar bonus...are sure still active...and was it 25 dollars in purchases to get it?

Too bad I didn't save the link to the front page where the ad appeared.
Compare it with these, I am not sure whether these are still valid or they have expired.

As you can see, each offer has a code. I assume someone can do a great favor to the humanity by calling BofA and asking about these codes and whether they are still valid or not.

how do you pay a BOA mastercard online? last month I would click on pay now and it would take me to a page with my local bank's checking account I could pay from. but a couple of weeks ago I opened a BOA free checking accoutn for a $75 bonus, and now when I click pay now, it takes me to BOA's online bill pay, which does me no good since I only have $25 in BOA checking (min required for the bonus) and my CC min payment is $98. how the hell do I get back to the old pay now page that had my local bank's checking account on it where I could pay it via ACH.

Squeezer99 said: how do you pay a BOA mastercard online? last month I would click on pay now and it would take me to a page with my local bank's checking account I could pay from. but a couple of weeks ago I opened a BOA free checking accoutn for a $75 bonus, and now when I click pay now, it takes me to BOA's online bill pay, which does me no good since I only have $25 in BOA checking (min required for the bonus) and my CC min payment is $98. how the hell do I get back to the old pay now page that had my local bank's checking account on it where I could pay it via ACH.
If you're trying to do this within BoA on-line banking, you can go to transfers and set up an external transfer (transfers, make transfer, outside the bank) to your BoA credit card. You will be asked to confirm your e-mail address and to provide the external bank's routing number or name. After you've confirmed the information for the external bank, BoA will then send a couple of trial deposits to that bank which you will also need to confirm upon receipt. I haven't tried the transfer itself yet, so I don't know for sure if it will work.

Oops, I just found this on the credit card FAQ page:

How do I pay my Bank of America credit card from another financial institution?

In the past it was possible to pay your Bank of America credit card account from another financial institution online, however, we regret to inform you that this feature is not currently available. We appreciate your patience while we work to bring this functionality back to our website.

One way of paying your Bank of America credit card from another financial institution is by bringing a check to one of our banking centers. For location information, select the Locations link from the top of any Bank of America webpage.

Another option is to mail your personal credit card payments:


Up-to-date payments Bank of America
P.O. Box 15019
Wilmington, DE 19850-5019



Late payments Bank of America
P.O. Box 15137
Wilmington, DE 19850-5137



Overnight delivery Bank of America
Attn: Payment Processing
1000 Samoset Drive
Wilmington, DE 19884-2332


To mail payments for business credit cards:


All payments Bank of America Business Card
P.O. Box 15710
Wilmington, DE 19886-5710

After all that, I think you should call BoA on-line banking customer service.

g10ny said: Too bad I didn't save the link to the front page where the ad appeared.
Compare it with these, I am not sure whether these are still valid or they have expired.

As you can see, each offer has a code. I assume someone can do a great favor to the humanity by calling BofA and asking about these codes and whether they are still valid or not.


I applied for it anyway and will find out soon enough...there are some 50 dollar bonus offers directly off of the Boa site...another strange thing....Cardselection.com has bofa links but doesnt appear to have any bonus with them...

I know I saw a link to check on the status of your BOA account, but I cannot find it anywhere today.

I looked in this thread, the best rates thread and used search, but cannot find it.

Can someone please direct me to the link?

chocula said: I know I saw a link to check on the status of your BOA account, but I cannot find it anywhere today.

I looked in this thread, the best rates thread and used search, but cannot find it.

Can someone please direct me to the link?

Here.

Added that and this to Quick Summary.

Squeezer99 said: how do you pay a BOA mastercard online? last month I would click on pay now and it would take me to a page with my local bank's checking account I could pay from. but a couple of weeks ago I opened a BOA free checking accoutn for a $75 bonus, and now when I click pay now, it takes me to BOA's online bill pay, which does me no good since I only have $25 in BOA checking (min required for the bonus) and my CC min payment is $98. how the hell do I get back to the old pay now page that had my local bank's checking account on it where I could pay it via ACH.To pay your Bofa cards go to: MyEasyPayment

jairocon said: Squeezer99 said: how do you pay a BOA mastercard online? last month I would click on pay now and it would take me to a page with my local bank's checking account I could pay from. but a couple of weeks ago I opened a BOA free checking accoutn for a $75 bonus, and now when I click pay now, it takes me to BOA's online bill pay, which does me no good since I only have $25 in BOA checking (min required for the bonus) and my CC min payment is $98. how the hell do I get back to the old pay now page that had my local bank's checking account on it where I could pay it via ACH.To pay your Bofa cards go to: MyEasyPayment
A thousand times better than my convoluted recommendation that wouldn't even work but here's another idea, courtesy of an on-line banking CSR. You can request an e-bill for the BoA credit card via on-line banking and set up either an automatic payment or pay manually upon notification of the e-bill. The e-bill set up also allows you to pay from a bank other than BoA. You'll get an e-mail when the e-bill "arrives." In that e-mail is a link to access the e-bill, which includes signing on to on-line banking. For paying manually, you can click on the Pay Now link on the e-bill, and I presume enter the amount you want to pay and the date. Per CSR, it'll take 30 days for the set up.

One other thing: You can receive e-bills, but you'll continue to receive paper statements until you apecify "go paperless."

This is a terrific master thread - OP might add some updates. Thank you!

Thanks SeattleNative. I could use some hints as to what to update. Basically all 2006 story is now history.

Until you give me valuable feedback, let's see what appears to be the first BofA 5% CashBack card (even for only 6 months) here

g10ny said: Thanks SeattleNative. I could use some hints as to what to update. Basically all 2006 story is now history.

Until you give me valuable feedback, let's see what appears to be the first BofA 5% CashBack card (even for only 6 months) here


$100 account opening bonus still good for USPS movers
http://www.bankofamerica.com/promos/jump/uspsmovers

CycloneFW said: g10ny said: Thanks SeattleNative. I could use some hints as to what to update. Basically all 2006 story is now history.

Until you give me valuable feedback, let's see what appears to be the first BofA 5% CashBack card (even for only 6 months) here


$100 account opening bonus still good for USPS movers
http://www.bankofamerica.com/promos/jump/uspsmovers


If you do this, keep a copy of the promotion and document, document, document. I used this promotion but never got the money. I called BofA and they were happy to give me the money, but it was because I had the documentation. It is a good promotion though.




Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014