• filter:
  • 116 17 18192055
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Bank of America is offering 4-month 5.0% APY CD.
online.

rated:
NoDealsHere said: Bank of America is offering 4-month 5.0% APY CD.
online.
No -- depending on your location, YMMV.

rated:
not too sure if the b of a 5% apy 4 mo cd is a good rate, but i jumped on as soon as i calculated an approximately 4.3% interest rate for the last month of interest w/b of a's aaa mma. ouch.

rated:
Is the Millenium Bank link high yield CD legit? Thanks for your help?.

rated:
piojos said: Is the Millenium Bank link high yield CD legit? Thanks for your help?.

Yes but they are not FDIC insured. Also, their "Premium" CD is non-redeemable for the entire term.

rated:
Countrywide 3 and 6 month CDs both down a bit to 5.45%. Updated QS

rated:
bank of america's online rate for certain states (including ct and nj apparently) down to 4.85% apy for 4 mo cds. and i was planning on depositing a check today to buy more cds..

rated:
Countrywide savings link down to 5.25% from 5.30%.

rated:
goldsheet said: Patelco is now NCUA insured

True.

But to little avail because their fab nine month 5.5% APY deal goes away after today. See over at Banking Guy's place for details.

Posters there say Patelco's phones are going nuts this afternoon. I guess everyone thought this deal would last forever. It was the last of the great deals, from before we all got "Bernankeed"!!!

rated:
IndyMac 4 mo. internet CD special is up to 5.5% from 5.4%. LINK
Thanks to bankdeals.

rated:
I just opened HSA account at Alliant Credit Union and noticed their CD RATES are excellent.
Pick anything from 12-24 months, up to 24,999.99 4.89apr / 5.00apy, 25,000 and up 5.27apr / 5.40apy
Membership is easy, join National PTA or mypoints.com

rated:
North Folk Bank
New York, NY
North Folk Bank

7 month CD min: $2,500 5.00 4.88

9 month CD min: $2,500 3.35 3.30

rated:
Question about their CDs, I've been reading some negative things about countrywide not being to maintain their rates and what not as well as sustain as a company. Do I have anything to worry about if I go ahead and put money into one of their 3 month or 6 months cds? They can't change the rate or cancel me early can they? TIA for the help!

rated:
Animosity said: Question about their CDs, I've been reading some negative things about countrywide not being to maintain their rates and what not as well as sustain as a company. Do I have anything to worry about if I go ahead and put money into one of their 3 month or 6 months cds? They can't change the rate or cancel me early can they? TIA for the help!

You should ask this question in the CD DIscussion thread
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=52&threadid=626216

or on the countrywide thread
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=52&threadid=753863

But the answer a CD is basically a contract or a loan to a bank at specified terms - APR and term, so - No they can not change your rate after you open and fund the CD(I think you have 10 or 12 days to fund it). Just stay under the FDIC $100K limit on total deposits if you think CWF will go under.

rated:
http://www.doralbankdirect.com/

5.25% APY (6 or 9 month)
5.00% saving

rated:
Corus Bank has a good 6 month 5.31% CD
$10k min, Have done many with them and they are good to deal with. did not have a CD with them this year and missed the nice box of Chocolates they send out at Christmas

rated:
scott1961 said: Corus Bank has a good 6 month 5.31% CD
$10k min, Have done many with them and they are good to deal with. did not have a CD with them this year and missed the nice box of Chocolates they send out at Christmas

Next time you miss out on the chocolates, if you're local, then just go in and ask, they do it by total $$ in all your accounts (I had no CD's, just money market acct). They have a really good rate for the ultimate money market too, 5.10% APY, so the chocolates this year were from See's. I got my mom a box just for asking since she didn't qualify, but they're really nice if you ask! Yummy!

rated:
Sorry. This belongs in CD discussion.

rated:
sushiosushi said: IndyMac 4 mo. internet CD special is up to 5.5% from 5.4%. LINK
Thanks to bankdeals.

It shows 5.40% APY now.

rated:
Brokered CD Opportunity

Some brokers are selling a callable COUNTRYWIDE CD @ 6% (rate, not APY !!!)
with a maturity of 1/15/16.
Minimum is $ 100,000
Call protection is 3 months.

rated:
chipcollector said: Brokered CD Opportunity

Some brokers are selling a callable COUNTRYWIDE CD @ 6% (rate, not APY !!!)
with a maturity of 1/15/16.
Minimum is $ 100,000
Call protection is 3 months.

Any info on where you are seeing this? Not sure about most fatwalleters but I have no broker.

Also Countrywide CD 3 & 6 month down to 5.25%

rated:
Key Bank has 5.5% 25 month CD fdic insured

rated:
No 5.5 Key Bank 25 month CD for the 93555 Zip but I did find some good rates on longer terms.

https://www.key.com/to/uap+kddkeydirect;KCOCHT-KD-TCDM&sl=cdpromo

5-6 Year 5% APY
7-9 Year 5.5% APY (5.55 for 50k+)
10 Year 5.7% APY (5.75 for 50k+)

rated:
where am i seeing this?

it was at two (2) brokers i deal with yesterday.

i'd rather not list their names here....cuz i'll get flamed for directing biz there way.

PM me if you want the names.

if it helps, the CUSIP # is 22238YJQ7 MAT IS 4/27/16

timing was good here....someone was unloading the countrywide "name" yesterday that's how i got this.

that was, of course, before BofA made their bid for CFC at 230 PM

rated:
Perhaps of interest:

Link

rated:
I just called my local SoCal IndyMac bank and they confirm in branch is still 5.5 APY for 4 months.

rated:
Indymac 4 month Internet CD is now 5.25%

rated:
Hyde Park Bank: 9-month Internet, 5.00% APY (Props to scott1961 for finding HPSB's earlier deal, 5-month, 5.15% APY).

rated:
Does anyone know anything about this? How does this work? How is that you can loss your money value? Any input on this?

Cathay Bank (FDIC Cert: 18503)
is a Federal Reserve Non-member and has been FDIC insured since April 19, 1962.
It was established on April 19, 1962.
Its main office (headquarters) is located at:
777 North Broadway Street
Los Angeles, California 90012
County of Los Angeles

Cathay Bank's reported (or primary) website. http://www.cathaybank.com:80/

The primary regulator is Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
For consumer assistance regarding an issue with this institution, please contact the FDIC directly.

Cathay Bank has 54 Domestic Branches (Offices) located in 7 state(s) and 1 Foreign Offices. (Check to locate Branches (Offices) by state.)

One month New Zealand Dollar CD. You can earn up to 8.0
Cathay Bank

To qualify for the advertised rate, deposit must include a t least 5K USD equivalents of funds not currently held by Cathay Bank, minimum deposit to a open a one month New Zealand CD and minimum daily balance required to obtain the advertised annual percentage yield (APY) of 8.00% is 100,000 USD equivalent in foreign currency. For deposit less than 100,000 USD equivalent in foreign currency, the rate is 7.80APY and the minimum opening deposit is 25,000 USD equivalent in foreign currency. Penalty and fees may apply for early withdrawal. Fees can reduce the earnings on the account. Investors risk the possibility of loss, including principle, which may result from exchange rate fluctuations. FDIC insurance is determined in US dollar equivalent in value to the amount of deposit denominated in the foreign currency as of close of business on the date of default of the insured depository institution.

rated:
Just a follow up to my earlier post on Alliant Credit Union
5.40% APY Rates are still available for any term 12-24 months

One of the easiest online openings I have ever done.
Easy to join (Local or National PTA) under "I belong to
the following association or organization" on application

Online banking system is easy to use.
Customer service representatives are GREAT !
..... and it beats everything else currently available.

P.S. MyPoints membership is not a qualification for membership eligibility (per 01/18/08 email)

rated:
Member Eligibility

Who can Join Alliant Credit Union?
Alliant membership is an exclusive benefit available to individuals who meet one of the following eligibility requirements:

* Any employee or retired employee of United Airlines, Inc., and its business affiliates including United Express, Mileage Plus, AirLiance, Orbitz, Integres, and United Loyalty Services
* Any employee or member of Life Time Fitness
* Any employee or member of National PTA
* Any employee of a Select Employee Group
* Any person related by blood or law to an existing member
* Any person who lives or works in the following Chicagoland communities: Arlington Heights, Bensenville, Des Plaines, Elk Grove, Elmhurst, Franklin Park, Harwood Heights, Itasca, Mount Prospect, Northlake, Niles, Norridge, Park Ridge, Prospect Heights, River Grove, Rolling Meadows, Rosemont, Schiller Park, Wood Dale and Chicago O'Hare Airport property
* Domestic partners of unmarried members who are not related by blood or by law

goldsheet said: Just a follow up to my earlier post on Alliant Credit Union

Easy to join (PTA or mypoints.com) under "I belong to

rated:
Corus 6 month CD now 5.16% down from 5.31%. They received my application and deposit today so I called to verify that I get the 5.31%. Was told the rate is locked for 2 weeks after you submit the online application

rated:
Patelco New members 7.0%
See Here

12-month term
$1,000 maximum

$1,000 minimum opening balance
Available for new members only.

rated:
One of the other options for eligibility in Alliant CU is to join mypoints.com (free). They are open to anyone, so they do belong on this thread.

It's not on Alliant's main page, but once you start the sign-up process, they show "MyPoints" as one of the options for eligiblity.

Alliant's rates really do seem good, both for CD's (5%) and for savings (4.85%).

Does anyone have info on them?

rated:
For those wanting to join Alliant Credit Union so you can lock into their 5.40% APY CD, I've just received information directly from their management regarding membership qualification via MyPoints. I'm afraid MyPoints membership does NOT qualify. Below is what I received:

After extensive research, we have found that MyPoints membership is not a qualification for membership eligibility under our by-laws. The good news, however, is that Alliant Credit Union has a relationship with nearly 100 employers, a local community charter in certain Chicagoland Suburbs near O'Hare Airport (that means anyone living or working in one of these qualifying communities is eligible for membership) and several other associations, including the PTA.

From Bank Deals Blog

rated:
I just joined Lifetime Fitness!!

Not in Chicago, though.

routing said: Member Eligibility

Who can Join Alliant Credit Union?
Alliant membership is an exclusive benefit available to individuals who meet one of the following eligibility requirements:

* Any employee or retired employee of United Airlines, Inc., and its business affiliates including United Express, Mileage Plus, AirLiance, Orbitz, Integres, and United Loyalty Services
* Any employee or member of Life Time Fitness
* Any employee or member of National PTA
* Any employee of a Select Employee Group
* Any person related by blood or law to an existing member
* Any person who lives or works in the following Chicagoland communities: Arlington Heights, Bensenville, Des Plaines, Elk Grove, Elmhurst, Franklin Park, Harwood Heights, Itasca, Mount Prospect, Northlake, Niles, Norridge, Park Ridge, Prospect Heights, River Grove, Rolling Meadows, Rosemont, Schiller Park, Wood Dale and Chicago O'Hare Airport property
* Domestic partners of unmarried members who are not related by blood or by law

goldsheet said: Just a follow up to my earlier post on Alliant Credit Union

Easy to join (PTA or mypoints.com) under "I belong to

rated:
I tried to join Alliant Credit Union but was rejected.

They do a credit check and I had a bankruptcy five and a half years ago.

A little annoying, since I want to deposit money for savings and certificates, not borrow anything.

I'll probably go with my original choice -- Ascencia which has 5.11% for 6 months and 5.03% for 12 months and a $500 minimum.

No membership app or credit check.

rated:
Argyll said: I tried to join Alliant Credit Union but was rejected.

They do a credit check and I had a bankruptcy five and a half years ago.

A little annoying, since I want to deposit money for savings and certificates, not borrow anything.

I'll probably go with my original choice -- Ascencia which has 5.11% for 6 months and 5.03% for 12 months and a $500 minimum.

No membership app or credit check.

when u do online registration does it give you a decision asap?

rated:
mnsweeps said:

when u do online registration does it give you a decision asap?

In my case, yes.

It's possible I was rejected because they need more info about my membership in Lifetime Fitness, but it is more likely the bankruptcy on my credit report is the reason.

Personally, I don't think it's a good reason, as I only wish to deposit money. It would be nice if they would distinguish more minutely, i.e. allow me to become a member and do a credit check if I apply for a loan and deny loans, rather than rejecting any membership including deposit products.

rated:
CFC CD rates got murdered today, Friday 1/18, short term rates down 0.5%, long term rates down a full percent:

3mo, 6mo: 5.25% -> 4.75%
9mo : 5.15% -> 4.00%
1y : 5.10% -> 4.00%
18mo+ : 4.75% -> 3.75%

I speculate this is due to a combination of the BoA merger possibility and Bernanke's not-so-subtle encouragement of further rate cuts... unless CFC knows something none of the rest of us do about some "unexpected" Fed action today... guess we'll see.

I've updated the summary.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 116 17 18192055
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.