• filter:
  • 153545556 57
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Tough for me to complain about Penfed, they do occasionally offer deals that are well above others. I still have 5 years left on 5% CD's and 3 years left on 3.04% CD's, so I don't blame them for changes. I look at CD's like marriage, when I go into them it's for the duration and in my 25+ years of CDs have never closed one early.

rated:
With the speculation of the fed raising interest rates, d you all think we will see a nice bump in cd rates?

rated:
RS4Rings said:   Tough for me to complain about Penfed, they do occasionally offer deals that are well above others. I still have 5 years left on 5% CD's and 3 years left on 3.04% CD's, so I don't blame them for changes. I look at CD's like marriage, when I go into them it's for the duration and in my 25+ years of CDs have never closed one early.
  Haven't you been married more than once  ;p

rated:
I just wanted to check out this topic or question. It is a lot of good rates here...

I don't invest in CDs because they do not keep up with inflation anyway make that money and stay with in your comfort level which fit your goals...

They say that money don't bring happiness and neither does being broke..

rated:
Credit for the following goes to Ken at Deposit Accounts...

For a limited time, Northwest Federal Credit Union is offering a 3 year add-on Certificate at 3.04% APY (100k maximum)

You can qualify for membership by making a $10 donation to Financial Awareness Network when opening the certificate online.

Link.

rated:
iLoveTahoe said:   Credit for the following goes to Ken at Deposit Accounts...

For a limited time, Northwest Federal Credit Union is offering a 3 year add-on Certificate at 3.04% APY (100k maximum)

You can qualify for membership by making a $10 donation to Financial Awareness Network when opening the certificate online.

Link.

Does NW do a hard credit pull to join?

rated:
Melrose Credit Union - what's their early withdrawal policy? It just says "there's a penalty" on their site.

rated:
iLoveTahoe said:   Credit for the following goes to Ken at Deposit Accounts...

Link. 

Promo code? (gotta ask!)

rated:
I signed up - no promo code needed, but the max amount you could deposit was $15K.  I think you can add on to amount afterwards.  I sent them a question but have not heard back yet.  

rated:
Not True..100k max if you got the money
Seek and you shall Find
Deposit  Accounts web site

rated:
But it is true - I talked to them today and it is problem with their system and it only allows for a $15K transfer (at least with new accounts).  You can get the $100K but you have to send them a note with the application.

They also mentioned the promotion ends today.   

rated:
I was able to 50k and kin acct 75k.   10/1
I suppose they were getting close to their goal if they
limit the amount now. And now (rumor) they going to END it.
Hope everyone squeaks under the dead line if true

Added ()

rated:
Fort Knox Federal Credit Union has some fairly good rates on their jumbo $100K (2.55% APY) and their 59 month certificates (2.30% APY) - still available. Fairly easy to qualify for membership. Also they have the Fort Knox Federal Credit Union Visa card which gives 5% on gas purchases and 1% on everything else.

Regular Certificate Rates
59 Month - 2.30% APY 1
48 Month - 1.40% APY 1
36 Month - 1.15% APY 1
30 Month - 0.90% APY 1
24 Month - 0.85% APY 1
18 Month - 0.65% APY 1
12 Month - 0.55% APY 1
6 Month - 0.40% APY 1
3 Month - 0.25% APY 1

Jumbo Certificate Rate
As high as 2.55% APY 2

rated:
Barclays Bank is good from 60 down to 36 months:

Term Interest Rate APY
3 Month CD 0.35% 0.35%
6 Month CD 0.55% 0.55%
9 Month CD 0.60% 0.60%
12 Month CD 0.80% 0.80%
18 Month CD 0.85% 0.85%
24 Month CD 1.29% 1.30%
36 Month CD 1.54% 1.55%
48 Month CD 1.83% 1.85%
60 Month CD 2.23% 2.25%

Synchrony bank is better down at 36 months and below.

rated:
Elements Financial CU has a 32 month CD at 2.00% APY, minimum $1000. Limited time offer.

rated:
Navy Federal 'Special 30-Month Certificate' - $5K Minimum - 2.50%

NFCU CD Rates

rated:
sfchris said:   
sfchris said:   
kettledrum said:   Any opinion on the 1.37% blended 1 yr certificate at Connexus CU?

https://www.connexuscu.org/savings/share-certificate 

Deposit Accounts post on this deal

The rep tells me this has been extended until January 31st (money must be received by then).

After being alerted by user "Argyll" about some very sneaky fine print in this deal, I called Connexus and verified:

If you withdraw money early, all remaining money is frozen at the interest rate tier it is currently on. So if you withdraw 50k of a 100k CD after two months, the remaining 50k earns only 1% for the remaining 10 months instead of stepping up to 1.5% and then 2%..

It's really too bad because the customer service at this CU is the best I have ever seen.

Aside from their rate verbiage was extremely deceptive, I thought I would share a couple other miserable experiences I had with ConnexUS over this last year:

1) They required Notary for PODs and for Wire transfers. If that weren't a pain enough, they did not accept a standard California notary form! I spend money on a notary that they rejected and ended up having to go into my bank branch to get it notarized in a way that they would accept.

2) When it comes time to close the account, they either make you go through the Notary hoop for a wire, or mail you a check. They won't do an ACH. I ended up having to pay them to fedex a check, then walk it into a branch and make a deposit to another bank because of this crap.

Their risk management strategy seems to be "screw the customer, make them do all the work".

rated:
sfchris said:   
sfchris said:   
sfchris said:   
kettledrum said:   Any opinion on the 1.37% blended 1 yr certificate at Connexus CU?

https://www.connexuscu.org/savings/share-certificate 

Deposit Accounts post on this deal

The rep tells me this has been extended until January 31st (money must be received by then).

After being alerted by user "Argyll" about some very sneaky fine print in this deal, I called Connexus and verified:

If you withdraw money early, all remaining money is frozen at the interest rate tier it is currently on. So if you withdraw 50k of a 100k CD after two months, the remaining 50k earns only 1% for the remaining 10 months instead of stepping up to 1.5% and then 2%..

It's really too bad because the customer service at this CU is the best I have ever seen.

Aside from their rate verbiage was extremely deceptive, I thought I would share a couple other miserable experiences I had with ConnexUS over this last year:

1) They required Notary for PODs and for Wire transfers. If that weren't a pain enough, they did not accept a standard California notary form! I spend money on a notary that they rejected and ended up having to go into my bank branch to get it notarized in a way that they would accept.

2) When it comes time to close the account, they either make you go through the Notary hoop for a wire, or mail you a check. They won't do an ACH. I ended up having to pay them to fedex a check, then walk it into a branch and make a deposit to another bank because of this crap.

Their risk management strategy seems to be "screw the customer, make them do all the work".

Did they specify a Signature Guarantee -- a common Bank requirement -- rather than "Notary" which is significantly less meaningful?

rated:
horizon6 said:   

Did they specify a Signature Guarantee -- a common Bank requirement -- rather than "Notary" which is significantly less meaningful?

No, it was a Notary.

But they insisted on using their own Notary form, which a lot of Notaries will not agree to, expecially if they have state requirements for what is on the form.. such as in California. I ended up having to "shop around" for a notary who didn't follow the rules. ConnexUS knew all the details and simply did not care about my time and expense.

Then they wanted it again on the wire out, which I have never come across in the 100s of times I have wired money. They are paranoid and just don't cate.

rated:
Just noticed this at Penfed: 15 Month Certificate @ 1.51% APY. Anyone know of a better rate for less than 3 years?

rated:
XCEL Federal CU - 12 month CD @ 1.5% APY - https://www.xcelfcu.org/loans-credit-card-rates/

rated:
Penfed's 15 month certificate is not good for IRA certificates.

rated:
This thread is for CD rates, NOT IRA rates . .  so the Pen Fed posting of 1.51% seems appropriate

rated:
Alan88 said:   This thread is for CD rates, NOT IRA rates . .  so the Pen Fed posting of 1.51% seems appropriate
I believe Tabalard was just adding more information regarding Dakota's post... not that she thought the post was inappropriate.  

rated:
dakota26 said:   Just noticed this at Penfed: 15 Month Certificate @ 1.51% APY. Anyone know of a better rate for less than 3 years?
  It looks like this rate is no longer available.  Now showing 1.26% APY on 15 month certificate

rated:
so, is there a thread for IRA CD rates?

rated:
not sure why this isn't getting more attention...but XCEL FCU has 1 year 1.5% APY CDs. https://www.xcelfcu.org/loans-credit-card-rates/#certificates

rated:
exclusivelysid said:   not sure why this isn't getting more attention...but XCEL FCU has 1 year 1.5% APY CDs. https://www.xcelfcu.org/loans-credit-card-rates/#certificates

Field of membership - How do you join the credit union ?

rated:
goldsheet said:   
exclusivelysid said:   not sure why this isn't getting more attention...but XCEL FCU has 1 year 1.5% APY CDs. https://www.xcelfcu.org/loans-credit-card-rates/#certificates

Field of membership - How do you join the credit union ?

You can just join the American Consumer Council for easy membership.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016