• filter:
  • 123 4 555
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Wescom Credit Union: 7%; up to $7,000: wescom.org. Has anyone done this? How pleased are you with them?

rated:
Umbrella Bank
Umbrella has bumped up 1 year CD from 5.20% to 5.40% $1,000 min

rated:
>>>DOWN (significantly)

State Bank of India Link
Rates dropped for all terms up to 0.30APY
See quick summary for details

rated:
Pacific Service CU - 5.55% 11-mo CD ($1,000 min if > 23 yo old or $100 min if < 23 yo. old)

Limited time offer - available until April 31st, 2007 (Pac Serv CU CSR info).

"Our "Triple-5 certificate" offers a short 11-month term and a high 5.55% APY. With a rate this great, you'll be wondering why you didn't bet on your Credit Union sooner."

5.55% CD Page

rated:
I went to World savings at Del Mar to take out money in my expired CD, the cashier offered me 5.75% APY 8 months CD for renew, 10,000 minimum, the only catch is you need to open a check account for $100, I didn't see this deal anywhere.

rated:
My question is if you can do the 6% APY at HSBC till april 30,2007 then why not put money there rather than CDs ? If the inflationary trend continues wont the FED increase interest in the next 2 months and thereby give us an opportunity in may to move money to CD from HSBC.

rated:
Agriculture Federal Credit Union's 3, 4, & 5 year cds are up by .25% apy. Fort Belvoir Federal Credit Union cd rates are up as well. Penfed's rates are virtually unchanged.

rated:
Delete!

rated:
>>>DOWN
E*Trade Bank
1 yr. CD
Now 5.25% APY (Down from 5.40% APY)

Updated in Quick Summary

rated:
Downey Savings at Burbank CA branch on Olive ave is offering 6.25% APY on a 6 month CD. max is $5000.

rated:
5.40% 12-Month Online CD at WaMu

rated:
kiwistar said: I went to World savings at Del Mar to take out money in my expired CD, the cashier offered me 5.75% APY 8 months CD for renew, 10,000 minimum, the only catch is you need to open a check account for $100, I didn't see this deal anywhere.

Has anyone had luck with this at other World Savings branches?

If anyone's interested there's also a 14-month special at Patelco CU. It's 5.75APY/5.60rate. It's for double the length of time though.

link

rated:
mnsweeps said: Downey Savings at Burbank CA branch on Olive ave is offering 6.25% APY on a 6 month CD. max is $5000.
Any similar online or call in offers? I assume this is at that branch only?

rated:
Has anyone had luck with this at other World Savings branches?

I went to the Evanston, Illinois branch yesterday with a pretty significant sum. They wouldn't do it.

rated:
I didn't have any luck with my world or downey savings branches in orange county, ca.

Ended up going with Netbank at 5.45% for 12 months. I used the link from the Buy.com homepage to score a $75 gift card. I opted not to go with the $100 credit from other stores like Drugstore.com because I didn't want to pay taxes on the $100.

rated:
6.25% 24-Month CD at a Multi-State CU and $100 Sign-up Bonus (Justice FCU)

Justice FCU is offering a special 6.25% APY 24-month share certificate. The minimum deposit is $1,000. The rate is 6.35% APY for a Jumbo 24-month CD with a $100K minimum. This is available for both a regular and IRA certificate. According to the membership disclosure there is a 180 day interest penalty for early withdrawal on CDs with terms of 13 months and longer. For an IRA CD, there's no penalty for those over 59 years of age.

tThe membership webpage takes you to the NSA online sign-up application. From here it's not clear what the membership fee is. The lifetime membership page implies that the annual fee is $35. You don't have to continue your membership in an association once you're a member of a credit union.

Link

Cedit goes to bank guy

Easy $35 cost to join a credit union with 6.25% rate for 24 months. One of the best rates I have seen personally.

rated:
dolmar said: 6.25% 24-Month CD at a Multi-State CU and $100 Sign-up Bonus (Justice FCU)

Justice FCU is offering a special 6.25% APY 24-month share certificate. The minimum deposit is $1,000. The rate is 6.35% APY for a Jumbo 24-month CD with a $100K minimum. This is available for both a regular and IRA certificate. According to the membership disclosure there is a 180 day interest penalty for early withdrawal on CDs with terms of 13 months and longer. For an IRA CD, there's no penalty for those over 59 years of age.

tThe membership webpage takes you to the NSA online sign-up application. From here it's not clear what the membership fee is. The lifetime membership page implies that the annual fee is $35. You don't have to continue your membership in an association once you're a member of a credit union.

Link

Cedit goes to bank guy

Easy $35 cost to join a credit union with 6.25% rate for 24 months. One of the best rates I have seen personally.

I was just about to post this one, dolmar. The minimum fee to join the NSA is $20. Did you see the $100 bonus?

DO YOURSELF JUSTICE!
JOIN JUSTICE FCU AND RECEIVE $100!

Now through April 30, 2007, join JFCU and sign up for FREE Web BillPay, the secure way to pay your monthly bills online. Simply pay one bill within the first month of signing up and receive $100! It's that easy. Your $100 will be credited to your JFCU account one month after your first bill has been paid through Web BillPay.

rated:
>>>DOWN

NetBank
06 mo CD down from 5.40% APY to 5.30% APY
12 mo CD down from 5.45% APY to 5.31% APY
18 mo CD down from 5.45% APY to 5.30% APY
24 mo CD down from 5.40% APY to 5.25% APY
36 mo CD down from 5.40% APY to 5.20% APY
48 m0 CD down from 5.40% APY to 5.20% APY
60 mo CD down from 5.40% APY to 5.20% APY

Changes made to Quick Summary

rated:
Join for $15 for NLADA, if you are eligibile.

http://www.nlada.org/Member_Svcs/MemberSvcs_Become/MemberSvcs_Join_Individual

rated:
http://www.amalgamatedbank.com:80/

APY 5.50% for 13 month

rated:
Agriculture Federal Credit Union has raised their IRA share certificate rates as reported in the BankDealsBlog. Their 60 month IRA CD earns 6.00% apy. Their IRA rates are a .25% higher than their regular cd rates which they raised last week.

rated:
This is a bit off-topic, but I'm new to share certificates and credit unions. My question is a simple one. If I purchase a 5-year share certificate with a federal credit union, can the rate paid on the certificate change after I get the share certificate. I would assume not, but I happened to read a notation on a share certificate that the rate could change after the account is established.

Thanks for the help!

rated:
modred said: This is a bit off-topic, but I'm new to share certificates and credit unions. My question is a simple one. If I purchase a 5-year share certificate with a federal credit union, can the rate paid on the certificate change after I get the share certificate. I would assume not, but I happened to read a notation on a share certificate that the rate could change after the account is established.

Thanks for the help!

This sister thread is for discussion of the stuff in this thread (which is supposed to be rates and rate changes). I posted my answer over there.

rated:
cclyde,

Thanks for the response and for the link to the other thread. I wasn't aware it existed, but I have bookmarked it for future reference. I'm retired and derive much income from CD's, so I need to be informed about this topic.

Thanks again.

modred

rated:
nm

rated:
World Savings (Northern California) just announced a 5.51% APY on a 9-month CD. $10k minimum - $250k maximum
Call 1-800 468-7283 and select on the "featured rate". Website is not showcasing this rate but I've included the link anyway.Linky

rated:
tallguysfbay said: World Savings (Northern California) just announced a 5.51% APY on a 9-month CD. $10k minimum - $250k maximum
Call 1-800 468-7283 and select on the "featured rate". Website is not showcasing this rate but I've included the link anyway.Linky
It's branch only in SoCal, according to the ad in the OC Register today. If anyone has more details, let's discuss it here.

rated:
Edit: moved to CD discussion thread.

rated:
kiwistar said: I went to World savings at Del Mar to take out money in my expired CD, the cashier offered me 5.75% APY 8 months CD for renew, 10,000 minimum, the only catch is you need to open a check account for $100, I didn't see this deal anywhere.

They are matching Wachovia's promotion right next door (Del mar Heights).

rated:
I have personally been using StarOne CU www.starone.org for long time. My money market savings account currently give me 5%. I typically keep my 6-months of emergency funds there. Importantly I have the liberty of taking my money out anytime without any penality. Over the years I have been using this savings account and their rates match the best CD rates at any point of time.Also they are federally insured upto 100,000

StarOne CU

rated:
highway52 said: I have personally been using StarOne CU www.starone.org for long time. My money market savings account currently give me 5%. I typically keep my 6-months of emergency funds there. Importantly I have the liberty of taking my money out anytime without any penality. Over the years I have been using this savings account and their rates match the best CD rates at any point of time.Also they are federally insured upto 100,000

StarOne CU
Thanks, but this thread is for the posting of CD rates. Not alternative money market suggestions.

rated:
Here in Central Connecticut Wachovia is doing a 9 month CD @ 5.40% APY(looks to be B&M).
There was a sign up in the bank lobby today.

EDIT: As of Tuesday 3/13/07: Rate change DOWN: 7 month 5.05% APY

rated:
World Saving is offering %5.56 10 months CD now by applying Online:

http://www.worldsavings.com/servlet/wsavings/savings/10monthcd-dynamic.html?source=WeChTeEH2641

rated:
delete

rated:
beautyt42 said: World Saving is offering %5.56 10 months CD now by applying Online:

http://www.worldsavings.com/servlet/wsavings/savings/10monthcd-dynamic.html?source=WeChTeEH2641

Awesome! Thanks!

rated:
EiYaYa said: Federal Savings Online Bank, 6 month CD, minimum dep $1,000 is 6.25% APY

Link

(I have no experience with this bank)

This is not a bank, it's a scam. NOT FDIC insured.

rated:
samiam68 said: EiYaYa said: Federal Savings Online Bank, 6 month CD, minimum dep $1,000 is 6.25% APY

Link

Well, they do call themselves "the unbank"

rated:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Federal Savings Online Bank, 6 month CD, minimum dep $1,000 is 6.25% APY

Link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------
I did suspect it is NOT FDIC insured, since the website said "About FDIC", and more....

rated:
WAMU has a Online CD @ 5.40% APY for a Year

rated:
9 month World Savings SURE THING CD @5.51% APY. Can apply on phone .... (advt in LA TIMES today)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 123 4 555
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014