• filter:
  • 14 5 67855
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
:DIndyMac Bank is offering 5.50% APY on a 6-month CD ($5K minimum)
Call (888) 513-3881 www.indymacbank.com

rated:
Recent newspaper article about

Federal Savings Bank is a SCAM

I posted this in the above separate FW thread

rated:
Umbrella Bank
>>>DOWN

6 Month 5.40% down to 5.20%
1 Year 5.40% down to 5.25%
1.5 Year 5.10% down to 4.75%
2 Year 5.00% down to 4.75%

Updates (rates over 5.00% only) made to Quick Summary

rated:
UFBdirect
>>>DOWN

6 mo DOWN from 5.30% to 5.25%
1 yr DOWN from 5.30% to 5.15%
All longer terms DOWN to below 5.00%

Updates made (for rates 5.00% and above) to Quick Summary

rated:
NetBank
>>>UP

6-Month CD up from 5.30% to 5.38%
1-Year CD up from 5.31% to 5.40%
18-Month CD up from 5.30% to 5.40%
2-Year CD up from 5.25% to 5.35%
3-Year CD up from 5.20% to 5.30%
4-Year CD up from 5.20% to 5.30%
5-Year CD up from 5.20% to 5.25%

Updates made to Quick Summary

rated:
Citibank has a special 7 month CD at 5% in branch or by phone only.
You can still get a 6 month CD online at 5%.

Northfork Bank also has a 6 month CD at 5.25%.

World Savings Bank 10 month 5.56%

I hope this helps some people. I know I prefer a local bank when I can.

rated:
timothy86 said: Citibank has a special 7 month CD at 5% in branch or by phone only.
You can still get a 6 month CD online at 5%.

I got a call the other day from the CITIGOLD guy I have been talking to and he said in Boston you can get 5.50% for the 7 months

rated:
E*Trade Bank
>>>DOWN

6 mo DOWN from 5.25% to 5.15%
1 yr DOWN from 5.25% to 5.16%
All longer terms below 5.00%

Updates made (for rates 5.00% and above) to Quick Summary

rated:
6 or 12 month for 5.55%, minimum $10,000 at Freemont for CA.

Open an account in person, by phone or by mail. Call 1-800-FREMONT (800-373-6668).

It's on LA Times and The OC Register for a while but haven't seen posted here, even from people reading those papers just posting other banks, is it because of for CA Residents only?

rated:
Washington Mutual in CA

25K - 5.15% 9-10 months
50K - 5.2% 9-10 months
100K - 5.25% 9-10 months

online CD 1k+ for 12 months
5.4%

rated:
Luther Burbank Savings B&M In Northern CA.
Luther Burbank Savings
5.3% APY 3-5month 1000$ minimum. For other maturities, rates are tiered.

rated:
Fremont for CA is up:

12 month for 5.60% APY, $10,000 minimum. Call 1-800-FREMONT (800-373-6668).

rated:
Our Triple 5 features:
* 5.55% APY
* 11-month term
* Regular and IRA options
* New money only
* Limited-time only

http://www.pacificservice.org/ASP/Products/product_2_3.asp

rated:
Heads up, read this about Fremont bank:

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/money/subprime/article_1624542.php

rated:
I know it's not the best rate available but I've been using everyone else's posts to help me financially so I figure, if I can help someone else I'm going to post.

Chevy Chase Bank has a 9 month CD for 5.25% APR 5.35% APY.

http://www.chevychasebank.com/cgi-bin/GWSF/2/cd_rates.jsp?type=PL&ret=N

I used a previous Chevy Chase Bank post by another member that just came due and this is perfect for an easy rollover.

Min 25k by the way

rated:
NetBank
>>>DOWN
most terms from .05% to .15% APY

See Quick Summary for details.

rated:
TD Ameritrade has 5.4% for 3 mo. Link

Edit: $10k, min $100k max

rated:
California First National Bank (CalFirst.com)
>>>NEW

1 year CD 5.22% (Be sure to verify - 1 yr CD has had 4 rate drops in the past several weeks; was 5.40% APY)
2 year CD 5.30%
3 year CD 5.20%

Added to Quick Summary

rated:
Advanta Bank Corp
>>>DOWN mostly but some mixed

($$$)
3 mo was 5.20 now 5.20
6 mo was 5.35 now 5.25
1 yr was 5.35 now 5.25
18 mo was 5.25 now 5.20
2 yr was 5.20 now 5.15
3 yr was 5.10 now 5.15
4 yr was 5.10 now 5.10
5 yr was 5.10 now 5.10

Jumbo ($$$$+)
3 mo was 5.30 now 5.30
6 mo was 5.47 now 5.32
9 mo was 5.44 now 5.29
1 yr was 5.40 now 5.25
18 mo was 5.30 now 5.20
2 yr was 5.20 now 5.15
3 yr was 5.10 now 5.15

Quick Summary adjusted accordingly

rated:
Umbrella Bank short term CD's up
3 month now 5.35% and 6 month is 5.45%
Updated summary

rated:
NetBank
>>>DOWN(short term as the yo-yo style continues)

6-Month CD down from 5.40% to 5.25%
1-Year CD down from 5.35% to 5.20%
18-Month CD down from 5.30% to 5.25%
2-Year CD same at 5.20%
3-Year CD same at 5.15%
4-Year CD same at 5.15%
5-Year CD same at 5.15%

Updates made to Quick Summary

rated:
GMAC Bank
>>>DOWN Bigtime on longer terms

Rate reductions as much as .30 bp. dropping them to below 5.00% for 2, 3, 4 year terms. Thus deleted listings for such.

See Quick Summary for now current rates on remaining terms.

rated:
Re the posts about TD Waterhouse CDs: When you open such CD with them, do they also give you airline miles per their other promos?

rated:
Regarding CDs, I heard that doing the 3 months is the best way to go because then you can "park" your money at a certain rate and when a better percentage comes up, you can "park" it there again to allow for maximum gainage. *don't flame me for lack of financial vocab/knowledge***i am a very very new newb to investing** I plan to do CDs and wanted to read up and gain feedback before moving my $ into it..any advice is greatly appreciated! and btw, this site is very informative! didnt find out about it til now.

rated:
5.75% 13-month IRA CD

Notes:
$1k minimum.
Only for those that live, work, worship, attend school or volunteer in Los Angeles County.
Rate on CD is raised to 6.25% if you open a checking account and keep it funded with $1k for 6 months.
Federally insured by the NCUA; $5 memebership fee to join the CU.

rated:
jeeney said: Regarding CDs, I heard that doing the 3 months is the best way to go because then you can "park" your money at a certain rate and when a better percentage comes up, you can "park" it there again to allow for maximum gainage. *don't flame me for lack of financial vocab/knowledge***i am a very very new newb to investing** I plan to do CDs and wanted to read up and gain feedback before moving my $ into it..any advice is greatly appreciated! and btw, this site is very informative! didnt find out about it til now.

it's somewhat speculative like everything else, who knows what interest rates will do in the next six months. it depends on the whims of the federal reserve like anything else interest related.

that said most people go with 6 months. rates are low to begin with and 3 month CDs are gonna be lower still. all you gain by going with 3 month over 6 months is the ability to get a higher rate sooner, assuming rates rise and you intend to roll them over for another term. and since the current federal reserve policies are very minimalist, i wouldn't expect to see any major change in interest rates in any one quarter. also, if you're only using 3 month CDs to speculate for higher rates over 6 month CDs due to rate changes, there's always the chance that you can lose when comparing two 3 month terms versus one 6 month term if rates go down.

say you're losing 0.15% on 3 month versus 6 month CDs over time. now look at the fed rate's change over the last year. raised to 5.25 in june of last year, and ummm, well, still at 5.25 as of this march. so unless you really might need that money after 3 months for some unforseen reason and can't lock it up for 6 months, i see little benefit in 3 month CDs over 6 month CDs considering our current fed policy. you're betting on a trend that simply isn't there.

in short, don't bet on rate upswings making 3 month CDs better than 6 month CDs over time. 6 months is the 'sweet spot' since interest rate stability is the current trend.

if you wanna work at getting more from CDs, shop banks for promotions like the ones mentioned in the post above, and shop the brokers for limited quantity promotional CDs with slightly higher rates, you'll do a helluva lot better with shopping around than you will with rate speculation on the terms of the CDs themselves.

rated:
I missed it. Its now 5.46 for 10 months.

beautyt42 said: World Saving is offering %5.56 10 months CD now by applying Online:

http://www.worldsavings.com/servlet/wsavings/savings/10monthcd-dynamic.html?source=WeChTeEH2641

rated:
I called CountryWide bank to ask them about rates on renewing my CDs.
They offered 5.55% 11 month CD. Its their april special deal for existing customers.
Worthwhile for people who opened a 9 month CD there when they had one of the highest rates.

rated:
Bank of Internet
>>>DOWN For those procrastinating on the highly competitive mid-term rates here...they've dropped. An exception in the longer term is the 5 year which actually rose.

18 Month was 5.41, now 5.360%
24 Month was 5.48, now 5.310%
30 Month was 5.36, now 5.210%
36 Month wss 5.48, now 5.360%
48 Month was 5.36, now 5.260%
60 Month was 5.36, now 5.410%

Updated Quick Summary

rated:
I saw wamu bank has 6 month CD for 5.40%

Can someone add this to the quick list? thanks.

rated:
NASA Federal Credit Union is offering 5.50% apy on a 5 month cd. Minimum deposit of $5,000. Easy to qualify for membership.

rated:
World Savings update:
http://www.worldsavings.com/servlet/wsavings/savings/rate-sheet-branch.html?place=WeChReEH1977
5-Month Internet CD 5.30% APY down from few days ago.
10-Month Internet CD 5.46% APY same
9-Month CD 5.46% APY same

One of the good rates nowaday, Financial Partner Credit Union, NCUA, 5.70% APY, 7 months CD, $1k minimum, $50k Max.
http://www.fpcu.org/
I cannot find the ads from the web except the 5.5% APY CD.
The 5.70% 7 months CD ads comes from its local flyers and in the monthly statement. I just got it.
To get the 5.70% CD is by joining the membership (check website for policy) and open a free checking with a minimum $20 deposit (or may be open a saving account) at no cost. This is what it calls "The 70th anniversary Certificate".

rated:
TruWest Credit Union in Gilbert AZ have Grand Opening Specials. (Although branch is opened long time back).

They have 5.75% APY 11 month IRA CD. They say that you have to move your IRA to TruWest.

I already opened one IRA with them in March. I will try moving last year IRA CD with other bank to them.

rated:
samsum13 said: I saw wamu bank has 6 month CD for 5.40%

Can someone add this to the quick list? thanks.

It's now down to 5.15%. A big 25 point drop.

rated:
TD Ameritrade is offering a 5.40%APY 3-month CD. I opened one, plus they give you $100 bonus for new accounts. Minimun $10K

rated:
piglingz said: TD Ameritrade is offering a 5.40%APY 3-month CD. I opened one, plus they give you $100 bonus for new accounts. Minimun $10K

Do you need an offer code for that bonus? I go to here and don't see the $100 mentioned. Thanks.

rated:
busterbaxter said: piglingz said: TD Ameritrade is offering a 5.40%APY 3-month CD. I opened one, plus they give you $100 bonus for new accounts. Minimun $10K

Do you need an offer code for that bonus? I go to here and don't see the $100 mentioned. Thanks.

Here's the link to the promo for $100 bonus for opening an account with them.
promo link

rated:
piglingz said: busterbaxter said: piglingz said: TD Ameritrade is offering a 5.40%APY 3-month CD. I opened one, plus they give you $100 bonus for new accounts. Minimun $10K

promo link

Isnt that for brokerage account?

rated:
mnsweeps said: piglingz said: busterbaxter said: piglingz said: TD Ameritrade is offering a 5.40%APY 3-month CD. I opened one, plus they give you $100 bonus for new accounts. Minimun $10K

promo link

Isnt that for brokerage account?

It seems that you need to open a brokerage account first. Min for this bonus is $25000. Then after opening the brokerage account you need to call in for the CD.

rated:
I already have TD Ameritrade trading acct(Waterhouse heritage)
would I still able to get 5.40% with 100 bonus
where do I need to call

thanks

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 14 5 67855
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014