• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
You can pick one which suits you best.

10K AAdvantage bonus miles
$25
$50
$100

* Offer is only available for first-time Citibank deposit (checking or savings product) account customers, and will be paid only once to any individual.

* Persons who currently have or at any time have had a deposit account at Citibank (or any of its predecessor banks) are not eligible.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
i opened one package with cs2p($100 bonus) before 3/23
but i have not received $100 yet.
i also withdraw total $5000 initi... (more)

zoym (Jun. 08, 2007 @ 5:15a) |

I was told I would get the bonus even if the 5000 was in there for just 1 day.
I'm having to wait 120 days as well, not 9... (more)

Mattthew (Jun. 08, 2007 @ 2:00p) |

ok, i see, thanks
waiting...

zoym (Jun. 08, 2007 @ 2:15p) |

Don't expect Citi to pay you the bonus until you get the BBB and the state AG involved. I have never seen a company fight tooth and nail to avoid paying out a signup bonus (does anyone else here remember the "MVR4" promotion last year?).

$50 offer is only available for first-time Citibank deposit (checking or savings product) account customers, and will be paid only once to any individual. Persons who currently have or at any time have had a deposit account at Citibank (or any of its predecessor banks) are not eligible. To receive this offer you must: make a single application for both a new regular checking and e-Savings Account in the EZ Checking package and open both accounts by 3/31/07. $50 will be credited to your regular checking account within 90 days from the end of the statement period in which your accounts were opened.

$100 offer is only available for first-time Citibank deposit (checking or savings product) account customers, and will be paid only once to any individual. Persons who currently have or at any time have had a deposit account at Citibank (or any of its predecessor banks) are not eligible. To receive this offer you must: 1.) make a single application for both a new regular checking and e-Savings Account in the EZ Checking package and open both accounts by 01/31/2007 and fund the account with a minimum initial deposit of $5,000. $100 will be credited to your regular checking account within 90 days from the end of the statement period in which you met all of the above requirements.

markber's super list
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Do they do a hard pull? How reliable is Citi on paying the bonus?

Donedealzz said: Do they do a hard pull? How reliable is Citi on paying the bonus?

Yes

Not very

Citibank is somewhat reliable on paying the bonus.
Keep the code that you used in your application (make sure its there when filling it out), and a copy of the that page with the offer (so you have something in writing). Don't lose it.
Also, remember to check your account to see if the bonus has been deposited after the time they say it will be deposited by.

I mean its a way to make money..so it might be extra work on your part.
I've had them pay before and I've had them forget to pay and I didn't have proof...it was a lot more effort to get the bonus. The CSR on the phone was saying something like my code didn't qualify and I asked her what was the actual code that I used (just so I could get the number and look it up online..to see if he was telling the truth) and he said hold on let me look that up. I knew he was lying (he was just making up an excuse)..so I went to the bank in person and told them I wanted to close my account and they worked with me to find out what happened to my bonus.

you can call back in a wk after your account is setup to confirm. the promo code was linked to my account.

In 2006 there were a few other offers that were better than these. Will there be anymore offers soon that are better than the OP's?

smstewart9554 said: In 2006 there were a few other offers that were better than these. Will there be anymore offers soon that are better than the OP's?

Yes this is true, I received $200 for opening a checking account with one or two CC payments.

As for your question, we aren't fortune tellers so your guess is as good as mine.

Why would you want $25 rather than $50? OP please remove the $25 one.

Just as a convience for those who are looking for it here is the another link that may help Markber big list

FYI my MVR4 bonus from 2006 was paid exactly in the time frame promised by Citibank

I applied a week or so using the $100 bonus code and got rejected! geez, a bit insulting, "no, you're not worthy enough for us to take your money." Everything looked ok when I applied online but I got the rejection letter a week later. i guess they'll never forgive a past problem i had with their credit card, no matter how long ago. oh well.

whats the fine print (I saw none) on the $5000 initial deposit... I can do that, but I'd like to move it out of there quickly back to my HSBC account... does it have to stay there for 30 days? 60? 90? minimum balance?

Thanks,
-Matt

Citi accounts need a combined balance of $1500 to avoid any fees... I don't know about the $5k time frame though.

elph31337 said: Citi accounts need a combined balance of $1500 to avoid any fees... I don't know about the $5k time frame though.

I think you can avoid fees on the EZ checking by having a direct deposit on the account, too.

I was told by a CSR that there was no amount of time I was required to keep the 5000 on deposit to get the 100.

So this isn't a big problem but I'm a bit annoyed that my ACH transfers to open the account were placed on the 22nd, left on the 24th and didn't arrive until the 26th so that I lost one, possibly two days of interest. When I do transfers with ETRADE there is no financial limbo and I'm a bit suspicious of this lag time in CITI's favor. I don't want to continue using this account in the future if transfers are always so sluggish. Anyone with experience down the road with non opening transfers?

dk240t said: elph31337 said: Citi accounts need a combined balance of $1500 to avoid any fees... I don't know about the $5k time frame though.

I think you can avoid fees on the EZ checking by having a direct deposit on the account, too.

Yes you can avoid the fee with direct depsit except you read the "Banks that count ACH Push as Direct Deposit" it seems Citibank has gotten smart and they no longer count ACH pushes as direct deposit anymore.

[Q= said: dk240t]elph31337 said: Citi accounts need a combined balance of $1500 to avoid any fees... I don't know about the $5k time frame though.

Yes you can avoid the fee with direct depsit except you read the "Banks that count ACH Push as Direct Deposit" it seems Citibank has gotten smart and they no longer count ACH pushes as direct deposit anymore.

How do you guys interpret the following fine print:

†To qualify for Free Citibank® EZ Checking, you must apply online for both a new regular checking and e–Savings Account in the EZ Checking package by 3/31/2007. Your relationship package will then be free of monthly maintenance fees and per-check fees. Charges for other account-related services may apply.

Doesn't this imply the EZ checking a/c with e-Savings package here has no monthly maintenance fee and therefore does not require any DD? I might be wrong so please correct me. Thanks

imagination said: I applied a week or so using the $100 bonus code and got rejected! geez, a bit insulting, "no, you're not worthy enough for us to take your money."
Sound more like, "no, you're not worthy enough for us to GIVE you $100."

I confirmed with a CSR that if you have the EZ Checking (regular checking+savings) package, there are no fees or DD to worry about.

To those who have availed of the $100 offer with a required $5,000 opening balance, were you able to take out the $5,000 after opening and still got the $100 bonus?

Were you able to avoid fees/DD requirements totally without average balance of $1500?

djca said: To those who have availed of the $100 offer with a required $5,000 opening balance, were you able to take out the $5,000 after opening and still got the $100 bonus?

Were you able to avoid fees/DD requirements totally without average balance of $1500?

I haven't pulled out the money as the interest rate it great but was told by a CSR that I could pull it out right away and I would still get the $100 and that there were no other conditions.

Gosh, isn't the 20K Thank You points offer for EZ checking a better deal? I might be mistaken, but I believe there's not going to be a 1099 in my future, but there will be $200 of merchandise, or possibly some free air travel.

WalStMonky said: Gosh, isn't the 20K Thank You points offer for EZ checking a better deal? I might be mistaken, but I believe there's not going to be a 1099 in my future, but there will be $200 of merchandise, or possibly some free air travel.

Well.... technically....

just because you don't get a 1099 doesn't mean it isn't taxable. According to the IRS you are supposed to report $200 whether it is cash or some other form (merchandise).

In practice, most don't report unless a 1099 comes with it.

Not quite. FF miles and such have long been treated as non-taxable by the IRS.

Citi e-Savings is only paying 4.75% now. They dropped it about a month ago.

xerty said: Citi e-Savings is only paying 4.75% now. They dropped it about a month ago.

Don't know what we would do without you.

$100 will be credited to your checking account within 90 days from the end of the statement period in which your accounts were opened.

I opened a CitiBank EZChecking acount under promo that expired DEC, 06,

I complied with all their T&C; which has been verified w/CB via their secure web-email.

I started corresponding w/CB a month prior to 90 day deadline to ensure they were aware that I was expecting them to pay this promo bonus.

Now, 3 days past deadline ; I receive this response to my latest inquiry ...

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for your message regarding the promotional offer on your account for $100.00 to be posted to your account within 90 days of the end of the statement period. Thank you for using Citibank for your banking needs. We will be glad to assist you with your request.

We have reviewed your account details and activity. We have completed an investigation (reference number 7114164XXXXX) to inquire for the $100.00 promotional offer after your deposit of $5,000.00 on 12/28/06 into your E-Savings account ending in XXX. Please allow 30 calendar days for processing and we will mail you the results to your account address at:

" my address "

If you have further questions, please send a message or call Citibank Online Customer Service at 1-800-374-9700. Representatives are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Thank you for banking with Citibank. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,
    Citibank Online Customer Service

What does their ridiculous response mean to communicate ???

Anyone else been paid or stiffed by Citibank for the $100 EZChecking promo that ended Dec, 06 ?

p.s. don't the banks know this is bad for their businss reputations. They should all follow Chase Bank's lead and pay bonus in advance, then hold deposit hostage till term is completed...

I just called about this recently and was told I would be getting the $100 in the next 30 days which isn't late (end of 1st statement in January + 90 days puts it into may? close enough)
There was a long delay in finding the promo code so for those that need it the $100 bonus for funding the esavings with $5000 promo code was:
CS2D

Give it another month. There was no requirement to keep the funds on deposit for more than a day so it's a pretty sweet deal.

Mattthew said: I just called about this recently and was told I would be getting the $100 in the next 30 days which isn't late (end of 1st statement in January + 90 days puts it into may? close enough)
There was a long delay in finding the promo code so for those that need it the $100 bonus for funding the esavings with $5000 promo code was:
CS2D

Give it another month. There was no requirement to keep the funds on deposit for more than a day so it's a pretty sweet deal.

BTW: statement end date : 01 / 23 / 07 , plus 90 days .. is 4/23/07 according my calender ... and in "promotional disclosure" sent by CB after opening, the promo code is " CS7L " .

Lastly, I also withdrew all but $1.00 of the initial $5k deposit shortly thereafter. As pointed out by others, there was NO requirement to keep a min. deposit for this promo.

CITIBANK promo payment is PAST-DUE and they are delaying another 30 days to " investigate "
... just B.S. and bad biz practice....

djca said: To those who have availed of the $100 offer with a required $5,000 opening balance, were you able to take out the $5,000 after opening and still got the $100 bonus?

UPDATE: I availed of the EZ-Checking + e-savings $100 promo with the $5000 opening balance requirement. Initial deposit was made on 02-22-2007.
$100 has been credited to my checking account on 05-15-2007.

That's within the promised 90 day period. I didn't call/email to follow-up.

SmallBizMan said: Mattthew said: I just called about this recently and was told I would be getting the $100 in the next 30 days which isn't late (end of 1st statement in January + 90 days puts it into may? close enough)
CS2D

BTW: statement end date : 01 / 23 / 07 , plus 90 days .. is 4/23/07 according my calender ... and in "promotional disclosure" sent by CB after opening, the promo code is " CS7L " .

Lastly, I also withdrew all but $1.00 of the initial $5k deposit shortly thereafter. As pointed out by others, there was NO requirement to keep a min. deposit for this promo.

CITIBANK promo payment is PAST-DUE and they are delaying another 30 days to " investigate "
... just B.S. and bad biz practice....

Citibank is still deliberately delaying in paying the $100 promotioanl bonus after 5 email exchanges and a call to C.S. I have tried to escalate their investigation but they say just wait for written respone from "promotion investigation" department.

Oh well, they can now answer to BBB-NY, NY-AG, TX-AG, FTC, and OCC.

I'm sure CB will find some lame excuse to not pay, but now they will spend a great deal more in shuffling a bunch a paper around responding to and dealing with my "escalated" complaint to the higher authorities. [EOM]

That is really lame they still haven't credited you. So I see from the first post in this thread that the code is/was CS2P, I thought the CS said CS2D but could have gotten that wrong, and you had CS7L. Whatever the case they should have it straight. My 90 days are up at the end of the week.

Final follow-up :

Citibank has finally credited the $100 bonus to EZ-checking account on 05/24/07.
According to my records this is 30 days past due date according to their terms.

I suggest, that you forget even e-mailing or calling citi-CS about late bonus payments; they don't care and and won't do anything for customer, even when transfered to "supervisor". The efforts just just raised my blood-pressure.

And, I have never received the promised reponse from CITI promotions dept.

To answer earlier inquiries : I also withdrew all but $1.00 soon after the $5k init.

fyi: received response from NY-AG in regards my complaint against CITIGROUP/CITIBANK : " ... forewarded to Office of Comptroller of currency ... " ;

lol ; they passed buck to FEDS. ...

g.l.

i opened one package with cs2p($100 bonus) before 3/23
i also withdraw total $5000 initial deposit soon after open.

wait......

i wonder if withdraw initial deposit would affect to receive the bonus.

zoym said: i opened one package with cs2p($100 bonus) before 3/23

wait......

I'm having to wait 120 days as well, not 90 as promised

ok, i see, thanks
waiting...

Mattthew said: zoym said: i opened one package with cs2p($100 bonus) before 3/23

wait......

I'm having to wait 120 days as well, not 90 as promised

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014