• Text Only
HSBC Cash or Fly billed at 0.95

Just got my monthly am_ex check. $1 for a 0.75 credit. Should I overpay again, or take my profit?

The deal is up. Am3x credited at 0.25 this month.

HSBC Cash or Fly billed at 0.93

Bump because the consumerist.com site mentioned the reverse practice of credit card companies now taking small amounts. It works both ways. Also, someone mentioned this thread.

http://consumerist.com/374240/dear-wachovia-my-78-balance-is-not-your-take-a-penny-tray

Chase Amazon cancelled at $1.92.

Orchard Bank (HSBC) billed at $.92

Seems many recent reports have HSBC billing at under $1.00 now.

joeycool44 said: Chase Amazon cancelled at $1.92.

All Chase cards cancel to $1.99.

I just got a bill in the mail last month for $0.12 from Citi.

The alarmists were right. I just got a call from the boogyman (Yes, he works on Saturdays). He told me he had a stack of small credits from me, and I was in big trouble

If they're no fee and for life of balance, I can take them off your hands

2weeks said: WalStMonky said: I'd have to turn on the paperless delivery in order to turn it off.
If they want to save money on paper, they could stop sending me the 6.99% BT checks.

Tried this out:

Bought gas for $x. Paid Chase $x minus $1.99 before the closing date. Bill should've been for $1.99.

Actual: They also cancelled it. It appears that as long as the final balance is $1.99, they adjust the bill which effectively cancels it.

US Bank cancelled my $1.00 balance every month...
..and then cancelled my account after a year !

DeGlass said: US Bank cancelled my $1.00 balance every month...

Are you saying in the last 12 months, you've been charging $1.00 to your US Bank cc and never made any payment and now they just closed your account? If so, that would be a shocking trend to keep an eye on.

PNC (Elan) canceled bill at 1.00
Summary updated.

lin821 said: DeGlass said: US Bank cancelled my $1.00 balance every month...

Are you saying in the last 12 months, you've been charging $1.00 to your US Bank cc and never made any payment and now they just closed your account? If so, that would be a shocking trend to keep an eye on.

Yes, $1.00 to eBay every month, for at least 12 months straight.
No other activities (obviously)...

A contrary effect occurred to me on a RBS CustomCash card.
Namely, it was 93 cents overpaid, and at the statement date, a transaction called "Clearing Adjustment" showed up, which took away those 93 cents.

Edit: gonna try getting them back using small balances

Does Citi still charge for something as low as a penny? Any updates from anybody? Thanks in advance.

Notation in current bill for Sears Gold MasterCard:

Please note: Effective for all billing cycles beginning on or after August 1, 2008, you may no longer make minimum payments in advance. You must pay the Total Minimum Due each billing cycle. We will no longer apply any portion of payments made in current billing cycles to Total Minimum Due amounts in future billing cycles.

====

I don't know if this will effect what I do each month...

1) pay AT&T $5.00 with Sears MC
2) billpay Sears MC $4.01 before statement date

Tried out my Pulaski Bank Visa:

Billed at $1.99
Cancelled at $1.00

BofA billed at $0.01
Penfed billed at $0.99

iloveshortskirts said: Does Citi still charge for something as low as a penny? Any updates from anybody? Thanks in advance.yes as of 5-08, i think

iloveshortskirts said: Does Citi still charge for something as low as a penny? Any updates from anybody? Thanks in advance.
I had a new credit of 2.48, even though a used it 2 days later the freaks sent me a check.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014