• 123 4 512
  • Page
  • Text Only
xoneinax said: bw4747 said: Edit: Actually, the annual fee waiver does seem to be permanent. During the application process, I pulled up the terms and conditions page, and it said "Annual Fee: none"I am still a bit skeptical that that annual fee will be waived after the first year.

From the T&C:

Rates, fees, and terms may change: We have the right to change the rates, fees, and terms at any time, for any reason, in accordance with the cardmember agreement and applicable law.

The deal is hot. Thanks OP. I am thinking about upgrading to Elite.

OP - please fix the title. The unique thing about your finding is that the PP Elite has no annual fee - the Elite has more benefits than the regular PP and you should point this out in your thread title by mentioning "Elite"

Was planning on doing AOR Sunday night/Monday, just noticed this thread. Would like this Elite card regardless of AOR. Would it be best to apply for this separately (earlier), to give higher % chance of approval? Is there any difference between applying now (Friday night) and Sunday night/Monday? Or should I just limit my Citi applications to 2 each for me and my wife (I have 3 Citi cards already, 2 w/ BT; she has none)?

TIA.

ToHellWithUGA said: Was planning on doing AOR Sunday night/Monday, just noticed this thread. Would like this Elite card regardless of AOR. Would it be best to apply for this separately (earlier), to give higher % chance of approval? Is there any difference between applying now (Friday night) and Sunday night/Monday? Or should I just limit my Citi applications to 2 each for me and my wife (I have 3 Citi cards already, 2 w/ BT; she has none)?

TIA.

From SIS AOR threads, it is apparent, the best strategy is to apply for ALL cards together as quickly as possible.

Micro-strategy would be to apply in order of most lucrative within a CC issuer ( i.e CITI ); but apply all at once ...

Green for OP!

psychtobe said: OP - please fix the title. The unique thing about your finding is that the PP Elite has no annual fee - the Elite has more benefits than the regular PP and you should point this out in your thread title by mentioning "Elite"

Why red? That's good point. Green, though not as green as OP

I've heard somewhere that you need to match your spending with your airline miles before they credit you with the TY points. For instance if you fly 5000 miles then you need to spend 5000 dollars before you get the full 10,000 in your account to use? Is this true? They dont mention it in the terms of service but then again it wouldnt suprise me if it was still the case. Anyone?

Has anyone confirmed whether there is a BT fee with the elite card or not?

fulcrus said: I've heard somewhere that you need to match your spending with your airline miles before they credit you with the TY points. For instance if you fly 5000 miles then you need to spend 5000 dollars before you get the full 10,000 in your account to use? Is this true? They dont mention it in the terms of service but then again it wouldnt suprise me if it was still the case. Anyone?

It's true. That's what I was told by CITI card service rep.

Just applied for Elite card. Already have regular city premier pass card with 0% bt going on it.

Wonder if they will approve this one as well...

ruisheng1 said: fulcrus said: I've heard somewhere that you need to match your spending with your airline miles before they credit you with the TY points. For instance if you fly 5000 miles then you need to spend 5000 dollars before you get the full 10,000 in your account to use? Is this true? They dont mention it in the terms of service but then again it wouldnt suprise me if it was still the case. Anyone?

It's true. That's what I was told by CITI card service rep.

Pretty sure the 15k bonus points count as purchase points, so you only need to worry about this after you fly 15k miles.

Is 15,000 bonus points count as ThankYou Purchase Point?

wahaha1 said: Is 15,000 bonus points count as ThankYou Purchase Point?
yes, it counts as purchase points. In my case it was transferred to my TY network after the 1st billing cycle.

thetrump said: Approved for $6,000. Love easy money. Thanks OP

Tell me about it... Approved for 12K. Thanks OP!

avhokie said: Has anyone confirmed whether there is a BT fee with the elite card or not?I need to know too!

Currently have $12,000 limit between two cards with Citi. Just applied for the PP Elite and got instant approval with a $8,500 limit. Put 110K as household income. My other app for the AMEX Diamond Rewards was deferred...

PP Elite doesn't report CL to CRA so it looks like 100% utilization if you carry any balance, correct???

Any online app status check?

What are TY points? and can I convert these points to United points?

Also. Is the NO fee preimer pas a good card just to get the BVG option?

luluchiboy said: What are TY points? and can I convert these points to United points?

Nevermind...was thinking of the Starwood card...DOH!

avhokie said: luluchiboy said: What are TY points? and can I convert these points to United points?

I just saw in another thread that United is one of like 4 airlines (along with JetBlue, Southwest, and one other one) that don't work well with this card. Every other major airline gets 25000 miles for 20000 points, but with United, it's 10000 miles. That stinks since I almost hit 1k on United last year and plan to this year. I still want this card if it has no BT fee.

Maybe your thinking of the AMEX Starwood card. TY (Citi ThankYou) points don't convert to airline miles at all, you can redeem them for gift cards or plane tickets (that still earn miles) and earn them with this card by flying and purchasing.

jennatx said:
Maybe your thinking of the AMEX Starwood card. TY (Citi ThankYou) points don't convert to airline miles at all, you can redeem them for gift cards or plane tickets (that still earn miles) and earn them with this card by flying and purchasing.

Doh, you're right! I'm keeping track of too many cards at one time!

So what do you do with the card after you use the 15000 points. Close it or transfer to the fee free one? Or keep it?

Thank you OP, just applied.

Sorry, a little OT, but I was going to include this card in my AOR, but already have 4 Citi cards. Citi always seems to have some of the best offers, but everyone says that you can't have more than 3 or 4 Citi cards. I understand re-allocating credit lines, etc., but what do you do after you have the max # of cards? Do you actually close some of them?

Edit: wait, is this just a limit on applications???

Can anyone help me to find the link? I do not know where I can find it through msn.com?

Two questions about the PPE:

1. Can one double dip on the points received for miles travelled on airfare purchase? Thus, if I use PPE to buy tickets for myself on United, will I receive TY flight points on PPE as well as my usual United MP points?

2. Q re Citi's 60-day app policy: is it 60 days from the date of the last app, or 60 days from receipt of card? And any way to call to get them to reconsider? (I need some TY points for an upcoming trip).

Many thanks!

Negociant said: Two questions about the PPE:

1. Can one double dip on the points received for miles travelled on airfare purchase? Thus, if I use PPE to buy tickets for myself on United, will I receive TY flight points on PPE as well as my usual United MP points?

Yes, that is correct. Double dipping is allowed and encouraged!
2. Q re Citi's 60-day app policy: is it 60 days from the date of the last app, or 60 days from receipt of card? And any way to call to get them to reconsider? (I need some TY points for an upcoming trip).
I believe it's 60 days from the date of the earliest of your 2 previous apps.

I can't find it either. I've been refreshing careerbuilders.com for 30 minutes.

Can anyone help?

janhite said: I can't find it either. I've been refreshing careerbuilders.com for 30 minutes.

Can anyone help?

Go to the first post in the thread. Click on the thing that says "Link for the lazy" or something like that.

I did but it starts where it tells you about what you get. There is no place to click and no application. What am I doing wrong?

When I went back and clicked on the link again I did a fast copy and pasted it into Word. I got the top part that was missing where it shows the two cards. When I click on Apply Now it takes me to an application with no mention of any bonus.

Suggestions?

Approved for $7,500. Thanks for posting this, OP....I needed a new 0% BT card.

janhite said: When I click on Apply Now it takes me to an application with no mention of any bonus.
The nitty gritty part of the application doesn't mention bonus points. If you're worried about it, get screenshots of both the intro app page (from careerbuilder), and the terms and conditions fine print, and save them so that if there's a problem, you can stick it to Citi.

You probably won't have to.

ly254 said: Got declined too because of my 60k balance in 0%. I was told the decision was made by computer and can't be overruled by human.
So for you those carry high balance relative to the credit limit, don't bother to apply.

Declined as well with less than 20k balance in 0%.

yewm2005 said: ly254 said: Got declined too because of my 60k balance in 0%. I was told the decision was made by computer and can't be overruled by human.
So for you those carry high balance relative to the credit limit, don't bother to apply.

Declined as well with less than 20k balance in 0%.

Not sure how you are getting such a fast approval/denial. Called toll free number to find out my status after filling in application on saturday, I was told it will take whole week for the approval/denial decision. Is there any other faster way to find out?

i recently got a premier pass card, not the elite. can I get an elite too?

Applied on Friday and called this morning to find out I was approved on Saturday for $4,600 CL. Not bad at all considering this is my third card in three months. The bonuses just keep getting better and better! Thanks OP!

I just called toll free number the next day I applied online. Probably my credit is too bad that they don't need a whole week to make decision.
After reading other posts above, I realized the percentage of balance to credit limit is much more important than the absolute balance. My chase card have 40k balance over 45k CL, if I had 90K CL, I could have been approved.

Not sure how you are getting such a fast approval/denial. Called toll free number to find out my status after filling in application on saturday, I was told it will take whole week for the approval/denial decision. Is there any other faster way to find out?

avhokie said: Has anyone confirmed whether there is a BT fee with the elite card or not?Anyone?

yumpop said: i recently got a premier pass card, not the elite. can I get an elite too?

I have the Premier Pass and I was just approved for the Elite level. I now have both cards.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.