• 14 5 67812
  • Page
  • Text Only
Applied for cc on Friday 1/26 and was not approved instantly. Just called the 888 number and was told that I was approved for $13.4K on 1/27. Proceeded to ask him about the annual fee and he claimed that they are not given any details of the promotion and that we should wait for the brochure that comes with the cc for details of the promotion. An 800 number is provided in the brochure if further clarification is needed.

Well at least he was honest by not trying to give us false information.

One question:

Should I wait for this PP Elite arrive in the mail, activate it, make a first purchase, and then do BT on other cards? Or it does not matter. I am worried about if a sudden HUGE increase of revolving balance on other cards (citi and chase) will cause citi NOT to activate my new PP Elite???

Has anyone had problems applying for this card online? I've tried a number of times on Friday and today, and when I submit my info, it takes forever, and finally comes up with an error: "The connection was reset" in Firefox and some other error in IE.

Applied online 1/26, called number and was approved on the 27th for $11k. Now to throw this 11k into HSBC 6.00% yield for 3 months. thanks OP

ikliomve said: Applied online 1/26, called number and was approved on the 27th for $11k. Now to throw this 11k into HSBC 6.00% yield for 3 months. thanks OP

Can you advise how to do that? Doesn't it count as cash advance when you use your credit line to deposit to the bank? I though only BT is 0% not cash advance?

applied today and got a "we will respond to you in US mail in 30 days", but there is a link to accessorize the card. Does it mean that it will be approved?

I have 3 other Citi cards and I have never received an instant approval on any of them.

Thanks.

Hmm, I was almost positive that the T&C used to say "The balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount of each balance you transfer ($5 minimum, $250 maximum), but waived with this offer.", but I don't see that anymore. Figures I saved copies of the offer page but not the T&C page

Edit: Jeez, what the heck am I smoking... That verbage was on the original page not the T&C, I just noticed...

Edit again: Just applied, instant approval, but with the following message:

The transaction fee for Balance Transfers is 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, $5 minimum.

RushnRockt said: Updated quick summary, after numerous pestering, upgrading is not possible. Beyond that, there is still no one that knows about this particular promotion.
That's strange, because when I log into my (regular) premierepass account, there is a link to "Upgrade to PremierePass Elite" (maybe I'm missing something?)

ToHellWithUGA said: RushnRockt said: Updated quick summary, after numerous pestering, upgrading is not possible. Beyond that, there is still no one that knows about this particular promotion.
That's strange, because when I log into my (regular) premierepass account, there is a link to "Upgrade to PremierePass Elite" (maybe I'm missing something?)

you can upgrade, but you won't get the promotion terms (15k bonus pts, no annual fee) because it is not a new application.

busterbaxter said: you can upgrade, but you won't get the promotion terms (15k bonus pts, no annual fee) because it is not a new application.
Yeah, I wasn't sure why people were trying to upgrade anyway, I just noticed the link and though I'd mention it...

bigal24 said: ikliomve said: Applied online 1/26, called number and was approved on the 27th for $11k. Now to throw this 11k into HSBC 6.00% yield for 3 months. thanks OP

Can you advise how to do that? Doesn't it count as cash advance when you use your credit line to deposit to the bank? I though only BT is 0% not cash advance?

maybe ikliomve means throwing this 11k as BT money into HSBC 6% for 3 months.

jerry2003 said: One question:

I am worried about if a sudden HUGE increase of revolving balance on other cards (citi and chase) will cause citi NOT to activate my new PP Elite???

I am not sure if this is possible. I read from other threads that even if you don't activate the card upon arrival, your account (credit line) has already been opened and there is no turning back, so to speak?

edit: I can testify this with my AMEX experience. I received a Blue card (account was opened 10 years ago, that was a replacement card) 5-6 years ago and I never activated it. Account was shown as open in all 3 credit reports. Recently I called AMEX for another issue and was sure that the Blue account was still up and running.

ToHellWithUGA said: Sorry, a little OT, but I was going to include this card in my AOR, but already have 4 Citi cards. Citi always seems to have some of the best offers, but everyone says that you can't have more than 3 or 4 Citi cards. I understand re-allocating credit lines, etc., but what do you do after you have the max # of cards? Do you actually close some of them?

Edit: wait, is this just a limit on applications???

I am up to 7 Citi cards right now. I think the limit is on new applications (2 every 60 days).

Thanks OP - just called and found out my app on Sunday was approved.

KHTC said: avhokie said: Has anyone confirmed whether there is a BT fee with the elite card or not?Anyone?

I still haven't seen confirmation one way or the other, but I did notice something (possibly) new on the website:

In the table, the last line for each of the two cards says "Balance transfer fee applies with this offer."

In the notes on the bottom, it still says it's waived, but I seriously doubt you'll win this argument now. I'm still going to apply for the card to get no annual fee forever, but I probably won't do a BT on this one.

busterbaxter said: jerry2003 said: One question:

I am worried about if a sudden HUGE increase of revolving balance on other cards (citi and chase) will cause citi NOT to activate my new PP Elite???

I am not sure if this is possible. I read from other threads that even if you don't activate the card upon arrival, your account (credit line) has already been opened and there is no turning back, so to speak?

edit: I can testify this with my AMEX experience. I received a Blue card (account was opened 10 years ago, that was a replacement card) 5-6 years ago and I never activated it. Account was shown as open in all 3 credit reports. Recently I called AMEX for another issue and was sure that the Blue account was still up and running.

I may just wait another couple days, then do BT on two other cards (1 citi pro, 1 chase sony). It does not matter for the citi, since it is 12 mon from the BT date. But chase promo ends in 11 mon from account opening (they term it as "before the first day of your XX/XX statement(which is one year from account opening)"). I confirmed this with customer rep and also from the automatic msg. So I am giving up couple days of interest. For me, it is more like 10 month, since I waited that $150 credit to post into my account after 1st purchase, then consolidate line and ask for checks (to write to myself ). (They will not DD to my account.) Also, chase always charge 3% (5 min, 75 max) fee, but I am doing this since I have a quite large line consolidated on this account. I am not sure how much FICO I am denting for the interest I am getting.

I think your AMEX case is a bit different, since it is a replacement card, so the account was open. I am not sure about new account.

jerry2003 said: busterbaxter said: jerry2003 said: One question:

I think your AMEX case is a bit different, since it is a replacement card, so the account was open. I am not sure about new account.

I read from other posts in FWF that even when people do not activate their NEW cards (with a newly opened account), it really doesn't matter. The account has already been opened for you.

busterbaxter said: I read from other posts in FWF that even when people do not activate their NEW cards (with a newly opened account), it really doesn't matter. The account has already been opened for you.

interesting...
in this case (never activated new account), will it appear as open account or closed account on CR?

but is there ever a case of CC issuer refuse to activate an account based on recent credit profile change? I am not really particular worried about my case, but just want to know...

jerry2003 said: busterbaxter said: I read from other posts in FWF that even when people do not activate their NEW cards (with a newly opened account), it really doesn't matter. The account has already been opened for you.

interesting...
in this case (never activated new account), will it appear as open account or closed account on CR?

but is there ever a case of CC issuer refuse to activate an account based on recent credit profile change? I am not really particular worried about my case, but just want to know...

i guess it is just "never activated new card", not "new account". The account is already activated when you are approved.

jludwick said: Regarding the "short cut" for Citi cardholders on the application:

donthvname said: Yes it matters - it signals you are an existing customer in good standing, and would get a higher CL if that matters to you. Sometimes it even results to either being rejected (not using shortcut) and instant approval. Happened to us on the Diamond Preferred card last year.

For the Diamond Preferred, I used the "short cut" and was deferred (for other CL reasons). That same night we signed up my wife and did not use the "short cut". She received instant approval and a nice CL. My CL evenyually came in $400 shy of hers, but I have other things going on with Citi that she does not.

For this offer, we were both deferred (and rightly so in my opinion). And as I mentioned before we did not take the "short cut". I'm hoping for the phone call so we can allocate CLs and not be rejected outright. That's why I didn't want to check the box. At least a human will review my situation and follow up.

I'm pretty sure the "short cut" is just pre-filling your address and phone number (notice that after you do it, you just end up back at the original app form, only now a few fields are populated). I think the way they track your existing available credit and standing with them is your SSN, and that's going to happen whether you use the "short cut" on the form or not.

I applied but was sent a followup email asking for additional information, including:

1) A home telephone bill (explicitely states a Cell bill will not be accepted)
2) A utility bill
3) A CC bill

I do not own a home and therefore do not pay for utilities nor a home telephone. What do I do? Am I SOL? Should I just not respond and therefore withdraw my application? Does being rejected affect future applications?

TIA.

I applied yesterday and called this morning to find I'm approved.

Applied yesterday, approved this morning. Thanks OP! I've been wanting to get this card for awhile but refuse to pay annual fees. This is a great deal.

Thanks OP! I have a PP card because I didn't want to pay for annual fee. Applied and got approved the next day. Called in and was told there will not be any annual fee for this.

But Citi was so mean with their credit limits. With a household income of 210k, they only want to give me 5k for this card. Said I already have 3 other cards with them (at 15k, 9k and 4k). So I move some credit over.

I think the deal is dead now. There is an annual fee shown on the link

photonfilm said: I think the deal is dead now. There is an annual fee shown on the link

Yep, it's a $75 annual fee now. Glad I pulled the trigger last night.

avhokie said: photonfilm said: I think the deal is dead now. There is an annual fee shown on the link

Yep, it's a $75 annual fee now. Glad I pulled the trigger last night.

Darn

Also noticed that the remove the "waived with this offer" part of the balance transfer fee. I don't expect anyone who previously signed up to get it, but now it's clear that no one signing up now will either.

avhokie said: Also noticed that the remove the "waived with this offer" part of the balance transfer fee. I don't expect anyone who previously signed up to get it, but now it's clear that no one signing up now will either.

confirmed with my call this morning, no annual fee for this card, but a bt fee applies.

edited: even thought the application status CSR says no annual fee, I wonder what will happen now. Does the application date matter? Or the date the card/account is actually opened?

kwest said: I applied but was sent a followup email asking for additional information, including:

2) A utility bill
3) A CC bill

I do not own a home and therefore do not pay for utilities nor a home telephone. What do I do? Am I SOL? Should I just not respond and therefore withdraw my application? Does being rejected affect future applications?

TIA.

Any advice/info., please?

kwest said: kwest said:

Unless you lied on your application, maybe you could call them and explain?

$150 GC for citi PremierPass Elite This discussion includes getting your 15k bonus pts within 45 days, and converting the card to any non-annual fee citi card has and getting the annual fee refunded.
Ongoing Offer.

there is still this post for folks that want to try converting before 45 days...

JusRelax said: kwest said: kwest said:

Unless you lied on your application, maybe you could call them and explain?

Didn't lie. Will try. Thanks.

maddybeagle said: $150 GC for citi PremierPass Elite This discussion includes getting your 15k bonus pts within 45 days, and converting the card to any non-annual fee citi card has and getting the annual fee refunded. Claims that you will keep the 0% BT offer even when you convert. Also, based on what Citibank has on its site, there is no longer a no fee BT offer with this card, instead the BT fee is 3 % of the amount of each balance transfer, $5 minimum, $250 maximum.
Ongoing Offer.

there is still this post for folks that want to try converting before 45 days...

There always was a BT fee. It's the CitiProfessional that doesn't.

There always was a BT fee. It's the CitiProfessional that doesn't.

what are you talking about? there are several citi cards without a bt fee...even the link at the top of this thread had no transfer fee with the offer...

zyzzx said: jludwick said: Regarding the "short cut" for Citi cardholders on the application:

donthvname said: Yes it matters - it signals you are an existing customer in good standing, and would get a higher CL if that matters to you. Sometimes it even results to either being rejected (not using shortcut) and instant approval. Happened to us on the Diamond Preferred card last year.

For the Diamond Preferred, I used the "short cut" and was deferred (for other CL reasons). That same night we signed up my wife and did not use the "short cut". She received instant approval and a nice CL. My CL evenyually came in $400 shy of hers, but I have other things going on with Citi that she does not.

For this offer, we were both deferred (and rightly so in my opinion). And as I mentioned before we did not take the "short cut". I'm hoping for the phone call so we can allocate CLs and not be rejected outright. That's why I didn't want to check the box. At least a human will review my situation and follow up.

I'm pretty sure the "short cut" is just pre-filling your address and phone number (notice that after you do it, you just end up back at the original app form, only now a few fields are populated). I think the way they track your existing available credit and standing with them is your SSN, and that's going to happen whether you use the "short cut" on the form or not.

not exactly. not using short cut, there are a couple more blanks to fill in - at least on other Citi cards - one of them is to ask what year and make of your car (but does not ask you if you have car loan or not). Using shortcut does not see such question(s).

The case with our family is, not using short cut, was denied the Diamond Preferred, using shortcut for the very same card with less than 3 weeks lapse, was approved with decent line. The denial letter on the first app was dd the next date from the application date. There was no phone call. I truly believe the initial denial was triggered by the honest answer given regarding the year of the car.

kwest said: kwest said: I applied but was sent a followup email asking for additional information, including:

2) A utility bill
3) A CC bill

TIA.

You don't have a CC bill?

skiter53 said: kwest said: kwest said: I applied but was sent a followup email asking for additional information, including:

2) A utility bill
3) A CC bill

TIA.

You don't have a CC bill?

I think they wanted all 3, not just 1.

I would just call them and see what you can provide instead.

avhokie said: Also noticed that the remove the "waived with this offer" part of the balance transfer fee. I don't expect anyone who previously signed up to get it, but now it's clear that no one signing up now will either.And I fully expect to get it waived, as was stated in the small print, which I saved.

scripta said: avhokie said: Also noticed that the remove the "waived with this offer" part of the balance transfer fee. I don't expect anyone who previously signed up to get it, but now it's clear that no one signing up now will either.And I fully expect to get it waived, as was stated in the small print, which I saved.

Let me know how that goes. I may give it a shot too

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014