• 1 2 34512
  • Page
  • Text Only
McDullgirl said: Does anyone know how to Earn points for the tickets you buy for friends and family, plus the miles they fly?
Is it only possible when buying air tickets through citi agent?
Thank you.

Flight points(1mile=1flight point) are credited automatically to your account 6-8 weeks after the origin of your flight, irrespective of where you got the tickets from.

BillLumberg said: XeroK00L said: PremierPass sucks...with no preset spending limit it does not report any credit limit to the CRAs, dropping my credit score by 9 points or so. I cancelled the card immediately after I got my 15,000 TY points and my score went back up to where it was. I say get the points by all means, but don't keep the card!

Crap, can anyone else confirm this? I'd be all over this card if this weren't true!
Yes it's confirmed in this thread:
http://www.fatwallet.com/t/52/644364/

The supervisor I spoke to in my cancellation process also confirmed this and admitted that there's nothing that they can do or will do--it's their policy not to report a credit line for this card even though the card has a "revolving credit line", meaning that you may spend over that limit, but you must pay down the card below the revolving credit line by due date.

timo007 said: thewogis said: if i dont get instant approval is that not a good sign or it could go either way??????????????

I didn't get instant approval, yet I called 3 hours later and was told I was approved.

Cheers,

Timo

same here. As far as I understood they called because I already have 3 Citi cards and Citi Flex line. They couldn't grant me much new credit so they asked whether I want to move some of my credit line to the new card.

But they asked some pretty weird security questions from my credit report. 5 questions in total. two of the answers were "none of the above"!!! e.g. I had no auto loan but they asked who's my auto loan provider.

BTW, what's BVG?

XeroK00L said: BillLumberg said: XeroK00L said: PremierPass sucks...with no preset spending limit it does not report any credit limit to the CRAs, dropping my credit score by 9 points or so. I cancelled the card immediately after I got my 15,000 TY points and my score went back up to where it was. I say get the points by all means, but don't keep the card!

Crap, can anyone else confirm this? I'd be all over this card if this weren't true!
Yes it's confirmed in this thread:
http://www.fatwallet.com/t/52/644364/

The supervisor I spoke to in my cancellation process also confirmed this and admitted that there's nothing that they can do or will do--it's their policy not to report a credit line for this card even though the card has a "revolving credit line", meaning that you may spend over that limit, but you must pay down the card below the revolving credit line by due date.

Thats true though...How much do you think this effects the score..I did not find any strategy in the linked thread above..Do you know of any good strategy..seems like its the case with all signature CC's

Haque said:

BTW, what's BVG?

Best value Guarantee...CC provides you the difference if you find the product u bought cheaper anywhere else in first 3 months I guess..

Best Value Guarantee a.k.a. price matching.

cmai97 said: One thing that the PremierPass offers above and beyond is the BVG, which is rarely found on a no fee card.

not anymore. wamu's free gold check card gives you that

coolbargains said:
Thats true though...How much do you think this effects the score..I did not find any strategy in the linked thread above..Do you know of any good strategy..seems like its the case with all signature CC's

Having a long enough credit history with several cards is sufficient enough. I had several cards not reporting credit limit and only reporting highest balance and still I managed a 731 score. If you don't obsess about the credit score, you should be just fine. A few points will not kill you, I promise.

s0ssos said: cmai97 said: One thing that the PremierPass offers above and beyond is the BVG, which is rarely found on a no fee card.

But Wamu hardly offers any good rewards program

coolbargains said: s0ssos said: cmai97 said: One thing that the PremierPass offers above and beyond is the BVG, which is rarely found on a no fee card.

But Wamu hardly offers any good rewards program
The best BVG card should be the Fidelity 529 World Mastercard with 2% back and internet price matching. Too bad it's giving just 1.5% back and is a less widely accepted American Express card now.

XeroK00L said: [The best BVG card should be the Fidelity 529 World Mastercard with 2% back and internet price matching. Too bad it's giving just 1.5% back and is a less widely accepted American Express card now.

I agree...badly need a card which can give above 1.5%...that orchard bank one is a waste of time

signed up - $12100 in debt on another citi card with $15,500 credit line lol wish me luck.

Can any one help me with a bonus thankyou points offer for citi checking account or any new offers? I tried msn, yahoo and other places,, no luck in finding a promotion code.
Thanks

rbjrk said: Can any one help me with a bonus thankyou points offer for citi checking account or any new offers? I tried msn, yahoo and other places,, no luck in finding a promotion code.
Thanks

I think there is a 5000 extra bonus TY points if you get referred from someone..I saw this when I logged into my Elite CC acct a couple of days ago ..maybe this makes a better deal

Household bank has 2% Cash Back on every purchase(mastercard)

coolbargains said: XeroK00L said: [The best BVG card should be the Fidelity 529 World Mastercard with 2% back and internet price matching. Too bad it's giving just 1.5% back and is a less widely accepted American Express card now.

I agree...badly need a card which can give above 1.5%...that orchard bank one is a waste of time

Can anyone confirm no fee for balance transfers? It is not in the terms and conditions.

With 5000 bonus points you will loose 0% offer. If you apply with a referal link, you will receive 5000 TQ points, but the 0% APR and $75 annual fee fee waivor is NULL and VOID
coolbargains said: rbjrk said: Can any one help me with a bonus thankyou points offer for citi checking account or any new offers? I tried msn, yahoo and other places,, no luck in finding a promotion code.
Thanks

I think there is a 5000 extra bonus TY points if you get referred from someone..I saw this when I logged into my Elite CC acct a couple of days ago ..maybe this makes a better deal

CITI premierpass has no fee on BT. I used this card for BT about an year back.
stomie said: Can anyone confirm no fee for balance transfers? It is not in the terms and conditions.

rbjrk said: Household bank has 2% Cash Back on every purchase(mastercard)Well it doesn't have BVG or even a meaningful credit line to begin with, let alone internet price matching.

Oh and good luck getting an invitation to apply for the card.

coolbargains said: rbjrk said: Can any one help me with a bonus thankyou points offer for citi checking account or any new offers? I tried msn, yahoo and other places,, no luck in finding a promotion code.
Thanks

I believe these referrals only work for credit cards, not checking accounts. I can give out referrals to anyone that needs em for PremierPass and Professional. It helps me too because I get 5k points as well. If you want a referral, PM me. If you're looking at opening a citi checking account, there's a deal for 200 dollars, but it takes some jumping through hoops here. Don't forget Google Checkout for an extra 1k TY points per credit/debit card.

For those concerned about Citi not reporting credit limits on this card, it would be a good idea to do this:

1. Apply for the Citi PremierPass and get 15,000 TY points
2. Apply for the Citi Diamond Reward AMEX and get 10,000 TY points
3. Since the second one does report CLs, transfer your available CL from PremierPass to Diamond Reward AMEX. Your first card will show $0 CL.
4. Take advantage of the no-fee BT offer that the second card offers

diazfranco said: For those concerned about Citi not reporting credit limits on this card, it would be a good idea to do this:

3. Since the second one does report CLs, transfer your available CL from PremierPass to Diamond Reward AMEX. Your first card will show $0 CL.

That's an ingenious idea. You get greened for it.

diazfranco said: For those concerned about Citi not reporting credit limits on this card, it would be a good idea to do this:

Step 2 and 3 can be any Citi card you want or already have. That's what I did.

And don't forget step 5: Cancel the PremierPass card.

XeroK00L said:

I find that unnecessary. It works well if you use several TY points cards to accumulate points in the fastest way possible. I am averaging 2+ points per dollar spent with my cards.

Please do not confuse with the offer being discussed. The offer here states that the fee does apply.

rbjrk said: CITI premierpass has no fee on BT. I used this card for BT about an year back.
stomie said: Can anyone confirm no fee for balance transfers? It is not in the terms and conditions.

JusRelax said: coolbargains said: rbjrk said: Can any one help me with a bonus thankyou points offer for citi checking account or any new offers? I tried msn, yahoo and other places,, no luck in finding a promotion code.
Thanks

I believe these referrals only work for credit cards, not checking accounts. I can give out referrals to anyone that needs em for PremierPass and Professional. It helps me too because I get 5k points as well. If you want a referral, PM me. If you're looking at opening a citi checking account, there's a deal for 200 dollars, but it takes some jumping through hoops here. Don't forget Google Checkout for an extra 1k TY points per credit/debit card.

Yeah I think if you click through referral link, you get a regular deal with 75 annual fee..However you still recieve the 15k + 5k points plus 12 month BT for 0% as well. I too just have referrallinks for the CC's..dont have info on Checking accts

nm...folks are right. the high balance resets monthly based on other threads.....-

RushnRockt said: XeroK00L said:

I find that unnecessary. It works well if you use several TY points cards to accumulate points in the fastest way possible. I am averaging 2+ points per dollar spent with my cards.
I said so because as long as the PremierPass account stays open, it drags down your credit score by not reporting a credit line and making it look like it's maxed out every month.

diazfranco's post is for "those concerned about Citi not reporting credit limits", so my step 5 definitely is necessary.

XeroK00L said: RushnRockt said: XeroK00L said:

I said so because as long as the PremierPass account stays open, it drags down your credit score by not reporting a credit line and making it look like it's maxed out every month.

diazfranco's post is for "those concerned about Citi not reporting credit limits", so my step 5 definitely is necessary.

Well you re right..but people who have well established credit or who dont care much about +- 10 points on their CR, then its a good deal...coz it really gives you 2 points virtually everywhere (taking into acct the flight points)

coolbargains said: Well you re right..but people who have well established credit or who dont care much about +- 10 points on their CR, then its a good deal...coz it really gives you 2 points virtually everywhere (taking into acct the flight points)

Yeah, I applied, and I hope I get approved! But I performed a rolling AoR recently (from November till now... yeah, I know, shoulda all done it in one shot), so I dunno... I'll call and ask them if my application was approved or not by the end of the day. I currently have their normal PP card.. which I thought is pretty good, but this PP Elite without annual fee would be AWESOME. I was thinking of refinancing my home with Citi in order to get the PP Elite fee waived as one of the perks; I may not have to do that anymore!

JusRelax said: coolbargains said: Well you re right..but people who have well established credit or who dont care much about +- 10 points on their CR, then its a good deal...coz it really gives you 2 points virtually everywhere (taking into acct the flight points)

Yeah, I applied, and I hope I get approved! But I performed a rolling AoR recently (from November till now... yeah, I know, shoulda all done it in one shot), so I dunno... I'll call and ask them if my application was approved or not by the end of the day. I currently have their normal PP card.. which I thought is pretty good, but this PP Elite without annual fee would be AWESOME. I was thinking of refinancing my home with Citi in order to get the PP Elite fee waived as one of the perks; I may not have to do that anymore!

Good for you

I applied and checked the status and got flagged for too many applications within 60 days. Anyone find a way around that limit? I tried talking my way out of it and the CSR indicated that it was just company policy... anyone have any success pushing the issue with a supervisor? I'd really like the extra 15000 points but dont want to wait 2 more months to apply.

Thanks OP. Great way to rack up some more quick points. I can't believe how good of a deal the TY points are. I priced out round trip airfare to Hawaii from Seattle the other day. Paying cash, I got a range of $600 - $1,000 per tick through a Orbitz and expedia. Then I tried the TY points Expedia search and found I could get a round trip tick for 35,400 TY points. What a deal. If my wife and I both get approved, then we will finally have plenty of points to go to Hawaii.

maddybeagle said: also, you could just max out the card and pay some of it back so that your high balance is your limit....ala crap 1....

i don't think it works that way. every single month you get a new max and new amount spent on card.

Approved for 11k. Thanks OP. I wish I could give you more green!

RushnRockt said: Please do not confuse with the offer being discussed. The offer here states that the fee does apply.

rbjrk said: CITI premierpass has no fee on BT. I used this card for BT about an year back.

The balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount of each balance you transfer ($5 minimum, $250 maximum), but waived with this offer.

IS THIS CORRECT OR INCORRECT?

s0ssos said: maddybeagle said: also, you could just max out the card and pay some of it back so that your high balance is your limit....ala crap 1....

i don't think it works that way. every single month you get a new max and new amount spent on card.

It is not true in general and I did not find that to be true in case of CapOne and Citi PP either. Please do not mislead.

RushnRockt said: s0ssos said: maddybeagle said: also, you could just max out the card and pay some of it back so that your high balance is your limit....ala crap 1....

It is not true in general and I did not find that to be true in case of CapOne and Citi PP eithe. Please do not mislead.

I actually have the premier pass elite, and it is true, every month the balance/max are the same and they are the balance for that month.

Back on topic:

Has anyone managed to UPGRADE their card?

bw4747 said: Edit: Actually, the annual fee waiver does seem to be permanent. During the application process, I pulled up the terms and conditions page, and it said "Annual Fee: none"I am still a bit skeptical that that annual fee will be waived after the first year.

After clicking through the link, who in their right mind would use this link and then choose to apply for the offer on the right for just 5000 points and a non-Elite PP version ? And also, who in their right mind would create the ad for these 2 offers, with the one on the right being inferior in every possible way ?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014