• 12 3 4512
  • Page
  • Text Only
xoneinax said: bw4747 said: Edit: Actually, the annual fee waiver does seem to be permanent. During the application process, I pulled up the terms and conditions page, and it said "Annual Fee: none"I am still a bit skeptical that that annual fee will be waived after the first year; not a big deal, just cancel the card and get the fee back.

After clicking through the link, who in their right mind would use this link and then choose to apply for the offer on the right for just 5000 points and a non-Elite PP version ? And also, who in their right mind would create the ad for these 2 offers, with the one on the right being inferior in every possible way ?

Good questions indeed, hopefully I won't kill it for anyone since I will be trying to call in for an Upgrade. The website is legit, so makes it that much more confusing. That's one heck of a typo if that's what it is... and I would still like to see the add where it came from, oh where art thou ProBanker?

Just keep a printout of the T&C since they are only delivered electronically. If after a year they try to assess the annual fee, that sent by fax should be a good enough argument to get out of it.

It just feels like that BofA situation on one of these thread where the T&C say Balance Tranfer Fee : Null, or something like that, and of course they hit everyone with 3%. They seem to get it refunded with some calls, but it aint smooth sailing.

xoneinax said: After clicking through the link, who in their right mind would use this link and then choose to apply for the offer on the right for just 5000 points and a non-Elite PP version ? And also, who in their right mind would create the ad for these 2 offers, with the one on the right being inferior in every possible way ?Usually the inferior cards are for those whose credit can't qualify for the better cards.

I have never read of anyone being rejected for PP Elite but approved for PP regular.

xoneinax said: I have never read of anyone being rejected for PP Elite but approved for PP regular.Perhaps because no one cares to apply for the inferior card in the first place? I know I have never of anyone who even tries to apply for a PP regular.

The Terms and Conditions link for both applications are identical. That seems sorta weird.

https://www.accountonline.com/ACQ/DisplayTerms?sc=4WNIW3Y71DPME34J00W&app=UNSOL&siteId=cb&langId=en&BUS_TYP_CD=consumer&DOWNSELL_LEVEL=0&BALCON_SC=&B=A&DOWNSELL_BRANDS=
https://www.accountonline.com/ACQ/DisplayTerms?sc=4WTIW5K61DPME34J00W&app=UNSOL&siteId=cb&langId=en&BUS_TYP_CD=consumer&DOWNSELL_LEVEL=0&BALCON_SC=&B=A&DOWNSELL_BRANDS=

EDIT : They are not identical. I just cant see.

XeroK00L said: Perhaps because no one cares to apply for the inferior card in the first place ? I know I have never of anyone who even tries to apply for a PP regular.I know several people who did b/c they do not want to pay an annual fee and wont charge enough on this CitiBank CC to justify it.

XeroK00L said: xoneinax said: After clicking through the link, who in their right mind would use this link and then choose to apply for the offer on the right for just 5000 points and a non-Elite PP version ? And also, who in their right mind would create the ad for these 2 offers, with the one on the right being inferior in every possible way ?Usually the inferior cards are for those whose credit can't qualify for the better cards.

They are both MC World cards. This isn't a Visa Sig vs. Plat. Plus card thing. I doubt that the credit worthiness is diff for either card - one just has crappier earning potential since it is normally free and the other isn't.

Xeon852 said: XeroK00L said: xoneinax said: After clicking through the link, who in their right mind would use this link and then choose to apply for the offer on the right for just 5000 points and a non-Elite PP version ? And also, who in their right mind would create the ad for these 2 offers, with the one on the right being inferior in every possible way ?Usually the inferior cards are for those whose credit can't qualify for the better cards.

They are both MC World cards. This isn't a Visa Sig vs. Plat. Plus card thing. I doubt that the credit worthiness is diff for either card - one just has crappier earning potential since it is normally free and the other isn't.
Hmm OK I guess that makes sense. So in this offer the fact that the annual fee is waived for the Elite card does render the regular card absolutely meaningless.

diazfranco said: For those concerned about Citi not reporting credit limits on this card, it would be a good idea to do this:

1. Apply for the Citi PremierPass and get 15,000 TY points
2. Apply for the Citi Diamond Reward AMEX and get 10,000 TY points
3. Since the second one does report CLs, transfer your available CL from PremierPass to Diamond Reward AMEX. Your first card will show $0 CL.
4. Take advantage of the no-fee BT offer that the second card offers

Is there a link for an app with 10,000 points?
The one I found was only 6,000 TY points.

So to summarize...

Maybe an annual fee (after the first year)
Maybe a balance transfer fee
Maybe hurt your credit

bewitched said: diazfranco said: For those concerned about Citi not reporting credit limits on this card, it would be a good idea to do this:

1. Apply for the Citi PremierPass and get 15,000 TY points
2. Apply for the Citi Diamond Reward AMEX and get 10,000 TY points
3. Since the second one does report CLs, transfer your available CL from PremierPass to Diamond Reward AMEX. Your first card will show $0 CL.
4. Take advantage of the no-fee BT offer that the second card offers

Is there a link for an app with 10,000 points?
The one I found was only 6,000 TY points.

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/52/682230/

V nice post, OP.

I already have Premier Pass ( 15K TY points )... received last October ...
( funny story : called CSR after annual fee posted; I complained; CSR gave additional 5k TY points to stay at elite level; then 20 days later I called and down-graded from Elite ... pro-rated annual fee refunded ... got to keep all TY points ... hmmm ... )

Wife has Bus. Premier Pass.

... we've already collected 35K TY sign-up bonus points from these accounts, plus have FREE BT $$$ (~$23k) working

I went ahead and applied for this Premier-Pass-Elite offer for each of us.

... deferred approval ... we'll see.

... how can CITI make any $$ with all us FWF'ers .... gotta luv'em

have a profitable day

Jeff K.

stomie said: Can anyone confirm no fee for balance transfers? It is not in the terms and conditions.

For all those who are wondering about whether the a transfer fee applies to the BT offer; it's clearly stated that it does in the final bullet point below the APR info on the ad...

"Balance transfer fee applies with this offer."

But then, in the 'fine print', under the point marker with '††' it says that...

"The balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount of each balance you transfer ($5 minimum, $250 maximum), but waived with this offer"

Can't get any more clear than that.

-cp

chatanp said: stomie said: Can anyone confirm no fee for balance transfers? It is not in the terms and conditions.

Fore all those who are wondering about whether the a transfer fee applies to the BT offer; it's clearly stated that it does in the final bullet point below the APR info on the ad...

"Balance transfer fee applies with this offer."

Can't get any more clear than that.

-cp

in the super fine print

The balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount of each balance you transfer ($5 minimum, $250 maximum), but waived with this offer.

very conflicting, but I beleive the consumer would win this argument for $.00 BT fee

thanks

Updated quick summary, after numerous pestering, upgrading is not possible. Beyond that, there is still no one that knows about this particular promotion.

Had to apply, just got the AMEX Card with 10k points, the Diamonds Preferred with 0% for life of balance and a credit limit increase. This is above their normal limits of Credit Apps for a single person but they seemed to like my new reported income so much they must have forgotten all about the limit on credit requests. At least I hope so...

On another note:
"Earn 2 points for every dollar you spend at supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations, commuter transportation, and parking merchants plus earn 1 point for every other dollar you spend.*"

I love that line, they are so sneaky. I can earn two points on some purchases listed, BUT on all the other purchase I earn 1 point for EVERY OTHER DOLLAR. LOLOLOLOLOLL

PorStaker said:
On another note:
"Earn 2 points for every dollar you spend at supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations, commuter transportation, and parking merchants plus earn 1 point for every other dollar you spend.*"

I love that line, they are so sneaky. I can earn two points on some purchases listed, BUT on all the other purchase I earn 1 point for EVERY OTHER DOLLAR. LOLOLOLOLOLL

I don't get it, were you trying to make a joke?
"and one ThankYou Purchase Point for every dollar spent on all other purchases."
Straight from Terms and Conditions, the front ad is not as informative as usual.

If my wife and I each sign up for this card, can the TY points go into the same account?

psubill78 said: If my wife and I each sign up for this card, can the TY points go into the same account?

Don't think so. I've tried calling but different names and different SSN. If you figure a way let us know.

quikie said: signed up - $12100 in debt on another citi card with $15,500 credit line lol wish me luck.

haha go the call , we aproved you for $2000... not bad i took it.

Question for anyone, excuse me if this has been explained somewhere, how is one credited for miles flown?

"Earn 1 point for every mile you fly, on any airline.*"

TIA

As I've mentioned before, I applied for and got approved for this card. On the app, there a part the says, Already a Citi® cardmember? Take a short cut . Yes I am. I just saw it now and it's too late.

I'm an idiot, can I you all give me red for being an idiot? I deserve it.

RushnRockt said: Updated quick summary, after numerous pestering, upgrading is not possible. Beyond that, there is still no one that knows about this particular promotion.
Thanks for the update, RushnRockt. Too bad they're not letting us upgrade. For those of us who recently applied for PP regular, I guess one option would be to apply for a new PP Elite and then combine both cards?

01LX said: As I've mentioned before, I applied for and got approved for this card. On the app, there a part the says, Already a Citi® cardmember? Take a short cut . Yes I am. I just saw it now and it's too late.

Why does this matter? Don't they just fill in the info for you??? Are there advantages to checking the box besides data entry?

Thanks OP, got in on this.

Jon
--didn't check the box

I have a question for those who already have a premiepass or premierpass elite card. Have your credit line ever increased?

I have three citi cards (now it would be four with the new elite premierpass), two of their credit line always increases periodically. but not the premierpass (regular) one. I went above the limit couple of times then paid it down, but the credit limit never budged. Is it because it's a revolving credit line? Do I have to call and ask for an increase?

Thanks for your inputs.

Declined.

Claim my revolving credit is too high (i've got $80k in 0% already.)

Very odd... and apparently not a good card for AOR?

Got declined too because of my 60k balance in 0%. I was told the decision was made by computer and can't be overruled by human.
So for you those carry high balance relative to the credit limit, don't bother to apply.

Approved for $6,000. Love easy money. Thanks OP

Can anyone tell me how to check the status of my app.
Thanks.

lnair said: thewogis said: if i dont get instant approval is that not a good sign or it could go either way??????????????
Could go either way. To check citi application status:

Phone: 888-201-4523 (7AM-7PM Central, Mon to Fri)

approved for 15K PP elite (called to find out, applied 2d ago). ty OP!

i currently have 3 personal citi cards, no 0% money on them (still have a few months to take my 0% BTs)and less than 10% of my total citi credit limit in use. i have about 45k in 0% money across all of my cards as of now (about 10-15% of my total CL across all lines, and no personal cards with >50% reporting).

my previous highest citi CL was 14.6k, not sure why they saw fit to give me the card, and at a high CL to boot, when my fico has dropped into the 700-720 range from the 780's after my AOR. i'll never be able to understand the way cc companies make their decisions - just thought i'd pass along my info for those who aren't sure whether to apply. good news for me, hope the same for you. now about that annual fee...

jludwick said: 01LX said: As I've mentioned before, I applied for and got approved for this card. On the app, there a part the says, Already a Citi® cardmember? Take a short cut . Yes I am. I just saw it now and it's too late.

Why does this matter? Don't they just fill in the info for you??? Are there advantages to checking the box besides data entry?

Thanks OP, got in on this.

Jon
--didn't check the box

You're right. It doesn't do anything except fill in some of the information. Now I feel like an As.

applied yesterday afternoon (very late), and was deferred ...

called this morning, was under review. called again couple min ago, told was approved with min 2K line and asked if want to move my exsisting lines. told them I am OK with 2k lines and was told will get the card in 7~10 days...

I already have Dividend (~16K), Reward (~16K), Pro (~8K, recently with this offer on FW). recently moved 12K from Reward (so now 4K) to Pro (now 20K) to get ready for the 0% BT. I think that is may be why get the min line, since I already had about 40K line. I do not care about the low 2K line at all.

applied yesterday nite(late) and today evining I got a call from citi bank for approval with min 2K line and I will get the card in 7~10 days...
Thanks...

If you currently have a normal PP card, and you apply for this PP Elite card, will you still get the 15k bonus TY points upon first purchase?

AKA -- are the PP and PP Elite cards considered two completely different cards in terms of the bonus you receive after first purchase?

JusRelax said: If you currently have a normal PP card, and you apply for this PP Elite card, will you still get the 15k bonus TY points upon first purchase?

AKA -- are the PP and PP Elite cards considered two completely different cards in terms of the bonus you receive after first purchase?

Yes, unless you're upgrading they are considered separate cards.

jludwick said: 01LX said: As I've mentioned before, I applied for and got approved for this card. On the app, there a part the says, Already a Citi® cardmember? Take a short cut . Yes I am. I just saw it now and it's too late.

Jon
--didn't check the box

Yes it matters - it signals you are an existing customer in good standing, and would get a higher CL if that matters to you. Sometimes it even results to either being rejected (not using shortcut) and instant approval. Happened to us on the Diamond Preferred card last year.

Regarding the "short cut" for Citi cardholders on the application:

donthvname said: Yes it matters - it signals you are an existing customer in good standing, and would get a higher CL if that matters to you. Sometimes it even results to either being rejected (not using shortcut) and instant approval. Happened to us on the Diamond Preferred card last year.

For the Diamond Preferred, I used the "short cut" and was deferred (for other CL reasons). That same night we signed up my wife and did not use the "short cut". She received instant approval and a nice CL. My CL evenyually came in $400 shy of hers, but I have other things going on with Citi that she does not.

For this offer, we were both deferred (and rightly so in my opinion). And as I mentioned before we did not take the "short cut". I'm hoping for the phone call so we can allocate CLs and not be rejected outright. That's why I didn't want to check the box. At least a human will review my situation and follow up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014