• 1 234512
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw this as I was checking out careerbuilder.com. Its an offer that appears randomly. Sometime it appears and sometimes it doesnt. Keep refreshing in case you dont see it.

Alive!!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I signed up in April and got hit with the fee last month. Called to get that credited in exchange for downgrading to re... (more)

wiredspider (Jul. 02, 2008 @ 6:12a) |

Sorry, I did not understand -- why did you call to downgrade to regular PP while it was NOT attractive to the point of c... (more)

cyberkost (Jul. 02, 2008 @ 8:55a) |

The CSR did not mention I would lose fix flight redemptions if I downgraded, found that out afterwards. So I called in ... (more)

wiredspider (Jul. 02, 2008 @ 11:48p) |

Cannot upgrade current Citi PP cards.

To check citi application status:

Phone: 888-201-4523 (7AM-7PM Central, Mon to Fri)

Edit(Jan 31): the offer shows "Annual fee applies", so the deal may be dead.

Saved Webpage (updated 3/7)(current offer has changed): Here.

Update 3/9/07: PP Elite, annual fee waived 1st yr. 12-mth 0% BT, BT fee applies.
Click
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

BankofGreed said: Saw this as I was checking out careerbuilder.com. Its an offer that appears randomly. Sometime it appears and sometimes it doesnt. Keep refreshing in case you dont see it.

Link for the Lazy

Good luck.

Thanks - that's excellent! And this offer also has a no-fee 0% BT for 12 months. It's unclear whether the annual fee is waived permanently or just for a year, but it seems worth applying for anyway.

Edit: Actually, the annual fee waiver does seem to be permanent. During the application process, I pulled up the terms and conditions page, and it said "Annual Fee: none".

I was thinking the same on the annual fee...citibank's ongoing link for this card still lists an annual fee and doesnt give a no fee bt offer...This is good find....thanks

I just got 2 Citi Cards. Rewards and Professional in the last two months. Should I try for this one or is that too many Citi CCs within 60 days?

Neat. Wonder if this will last til March for my next AOR.

Wow, that is potentially big, good catch BoG. I'm a big fan of PremierPass for airline travel, but am not a big fan of having to cancel the card every year to avoid the fee.

Wonder if it's a typo? Notice how the ad copy lists "no annual fee" on the basic level PP, but not on the elite?

Also, notice how there is a BT fee, and it's capped at $250 on Elite and $75 on basic?

markkundinger said: Wow, that is potentially big, good catch BoG. I'm a big fan of PremierPass for airline travel, but am not a big fan of having to cancel the card every year to avoid the fee.

Wonder if it's a typo? Notice how the ad copy lists "no annual fee" on the basic level PP, but not on the elite?

Also, notice how there is a BT fee, and it's capped at $250 on Elite and $75 on basic?
Considering the link includes "feewaived" as part of its name, and that it says the annual fee is waived, I think it's legit. And if it is, it does seem like a great deal. I have no idea if they were wanting to only waive the fee for one year, but the terms and conditions seem to imply it's permanently waived.

And I noticed the same thing regarding the balance transfers. People in this thread mentioned that there was no BT fee with ths offer, but I couldn't find that in the terms and conditions I got. However, the terms at the bottom of the ad page state (and this is with my emphasis), "The balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount of each balance you transfer ($5 minimum, $250 maximum), but waived with this offer."

Son of a.........I got this card on Monday and now this appears. DOH!

Thanks OP. Too good to pass up.

YourSofaKingdom said: However, the terms at the bottom of the ad page state (and this is with my emphasis), "The balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount of each balance you transfer ($5 minimum, $250 maximum), but waived with this offer."
Good point on the $250 BT fee being waived for first year. However, it's still a warning, because if this is a card that you might keep forever (now that there's no fee), then having a large BT fee down the road might discourage you from a random tasty BT offer down the road.

Of course, nothing is to prevent Citibank from changing existing card terms every once in a while anyway.

I should get my premier pass elite in the next few days. Maybe I'll call them to ask them about this offer....and if they don't allow me to use it, have them cancel this without activating it and reapplying in 30-60 days.

So how do you earn point for every mile you fly from this card? Have to buy through Citi? Or can buy from any travel agent and just use the PremierPass card? And same question for getting a complimentary companion ticket (through Citi or any travel agent)?

And how to redeem the points? Like how many points for ticket? And can buy directly from airline or other travel agent? Or must be through Citi?

Thanks OP.

Just got approved for $8k

Looking forward to those bonus points.

Cheers,

Timo

great offer

applied (deferred)

no annual fee (ever it seems), full elite PP benefits and accruals, and no fee BT, + 15K TY points? this offer is too good to be true

ty OP

Looks like they don't have me in the system yet. Once it shows up I'll have to call in and see if we can get it waived.

So what is a "qualifying ticket" for the free companion ticket?

nice find, thanks OP!
Anyone have luck converting their "regular" PP to PP Elite?

Damn...Just got my Elite card 2 weeks ago with 75 bucks annual fee...should have waited
nice find OP green for ya

dumb question but is it possible to combine TY points if you have them spanned across multiple CITI cards?

I want to go for this one, although I doubt I'd get it since I was just approved for the CITI Hilton card and currently have 2 more CITI personal apps pending, BUT if I manage to get all of them and do the qualifying purchases, I could potentially have 45K TY points accross 3 cards.

Can you combine these?
and if you can, can you combine them accross personal and business cards?

yes, all of your cards with ty points are combined into 1 account.

iSpecK said: dumb question but is it possible to combine TY points if you have them spanned across multiple CITI cards?

I want to go for this one, although I doubt I'd get it since I was just approved for the CITI Hilton card and currently have 2 more CITI personal apps pending, BUT if I manage to get all of them and do the qualifying purchases, I could potentially have 45K TY points accross 3 cards.

Can you combine these?
and if you can, can you combine them accross personal and business cards?

Hilton does not combine with TY. The rest are combinable in every way.

People that are asking the rest of ThankYou points questions about flying and so on, please read the many posts about it and www.thankyounetwork.com. The information is out there and very easy to find.

lnair said: nice find, thanks OP!
Anyone have luck converting their "regular" PP to PP Elite?

They have the usual promotion recommending upgrade, I will call in an hour and see if I can get this one going, this would be beyond wootness

RushnRockt said:
They have the usual promotion recommending upgrade, I will call in an hour and see if I can get this one going, this would be beyond wootness

Awesome, could you please post an update after you talk to them? thanks!

Thanks just got approved! It doesn't mention the BT fee being waived, but it probably is right?

Confirmation
Congratulations, _______! You have been approved
for a Citi PremierPass« Card - Elite Level account with the following:

Revolving Credit Line: $8,500.00
Purchase APR: Prime rate + 5.99%, currently 14.24%.
Balance Transfer APR: 0.00% for 12 months from the date of the first balance transfer. Thereafter, Prime rate + 5.99%, currently 14.24%.

The transaction fee for Balance Transfers is 3.0% of the amount of the balances transferred with a minimum of $5 and a maximum of $250.

if i dont get instant approval is that not a good sign or it could go either way??????????????

thewogis said: if i dont get instant approval is that not a good sign or it could go either way??????????????
Could go either way. To check citi application status:

Phone: 888-201-4523 (7AM-7PM Central, Mon to Fri)

thewogis said: if i dont get instant approval is that not a good sign or it could go either way??????????????

I didn't get instant approval, yet I called 3 hours later and was told I was approved.

Cheers,

Timo

nm, I'm blind.

Ok, I'm not hating, this is good, but besides the 15,000 bonus TY points, no annual fee, 0% BT for 12 months with no BT fee, what else does this card offer after you get all that? What makes it stand out? I mean, I've seen other cards with similar offerings.

d4ldtppsc said: Ok, I'm not hating, this is good, but besides the 15,000 bonus TY points, no annual fee, 0% BT for 12 months with no BT fee, what else does this card offer after you get all that? What makes it stand out? I mean, I've seen other cards with similar offerings.Please do share all those "other cards" with similar offerings just for signing up then ...

Tried upgrading, they don't know anything about this offer. Was sent over to the applications department and they don't know anything about either, claim that it might be "online only" and probably the fee is waived for "one year." Of course, can't believe them since they do not even know about the offer. I will try bugging their CSRs more when I get back home tonight. If anyone else has any luck UPGRADING or verifying that annual fee is waived for sure, that would be awesome.

P.S. ProBanker, there are barely any ads on MSN.com, are you sure its not some other website?

lnair said: RushnRockt said:

Awesome, could you please post an update after you talk to them? thanks!

d4ldtppsc said: Ok, I'm not hating, this is good, but besides the 15,000 bonus TY points, no annual fee, 0% BT for 12 months with no BT fee, what else does this card offer after you get all that? What makes it stand out? I mean, I've seen other cards with similar offerings.

If that is so, add them HERE

Oh, you're looking for a travel card, RushnRockt. Well, I was going to post that from a quick search, there's the Citi Professional with 15,000 TY points, no annual fee, and 0% BT for 12 months with no BT fee. So Beckles, there you go.

I'm just saying that there's other cards offering such bonuses. I've read here that the companion pass isn't that great sometimes since it can be more expensive than buying 2 tickets since you have to go through the citi travel agent.

Does anyone know how to Earn points for the tickets you buy for friends and family, plus the miles they fly?
Is it only possible when buying air tickets through citi agent?
Thank you.

PremierPass sucks...with no preset spending limit it does not report any credit limit to the CRAs, dropping my credit score by 9 points or so. I cancelled the card immediately after I got my 15,000 TY points and my score went back up to where it was. I say get the points by all means, but don't keep the card!

d4ldtppsc said: Oh, you're looking for a travel card, RushnRockt. Well, I was going to post that from a quick search, there's the Citi Professional with 15,000 TY points, no annual fee, and 0% BT for 12 months with no BT fee. So Beckles, there you go.

I'm just saying that there's other cards offering such bonuses. I've read here that the companion pass isn't that great sometimes since it can be more expensive than buying 2 tickets since you have to go through the citi travel agent.

Citi Professional has bonus points for different categories. Citi PremierPass offers bonus points for buying tickets. That is the reason I gave you the link to the travel card thread. Comparing one TY points card to another is pointless, if they cover different categories, get them both like I did. Companion tickets are rarely a good deal no matter who offers them, on rare occasions they are indeed useful. This is not the main selling feature of the card. Previously, I have been getting my flying points without using Citi's agent and that's the main attraction of this card, especially if you use it together with all the other TY point cards from Citi.

McDullgirl said: Does anyone know how to Earn points for the tickets you buy for friends and family, plus the miles they fly?Is it only possible when buying air tickets through citi agent?
Thank you.

Use the card to buy tickets, get points, no citi agent involved. That's how it worked for me before, but I have not bought a ticket in a few months. As I previously stated, thankyounetwork.com and their hotline are a much better to ask those questions.

Canceling a card because of 9 point drop? That's amusing, with enough CCs and history one card should not matter. I have 5 cards not showing CL and still surviving just fine.

McDullgirl said: Does anyone know how to Earn points for the tickets you buy for friends and family, plus the miles they fly?
Is it only possible when buying air tickets through citi agent?
Thank you.

All you need to do is to buy tickets by your Premier Pass card for you or your
friends/family. It does not matter where you get the tickets.
After you buy a ticket, the airlines should pass the itineray to Citi.
When the travel is completed, the TY points will be posted to your account within 8 weeks.

Sometimes the airlines might fail to provide Citi the itineray, which happened to me for my last travel, you would need to provide Citi a copy of the itineray or boarding passes to get the TY points.

Hope this helps.

One thing that the PremierPass offers above and beyond is the BVG, which is rarely found on a no fee card.

XeroK00L said: PremierPass sucks...with no preset spending limit it does not report any credit limit to the CRAs, dropping my credit score by 9 points or so. I cancelled the card immediately after I got my 15,000 TY points and my score went back up to where it was. I say get the points by all means, but don't keep the card!

Crap, can anyone else confirm this? I'd be all over this card if this weren't true!

Skipping 415 Messages...
The CSR did not mention I would lose fix flight redemptions if I downgraded, found that out afterwards. So I called in about that, figured I could get some type of extra point promo for 3 months or whatever, but nothing so I just went with the cancellation.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014