• 1891011 12
  • Page
  • Text Only
VJMO said: Did somebody save a copy of the Original offer webpage/PDF or any other format ( No Annual Fees).
I just checked my statement and it seems they have charged a fees of $75.
I will call them but I am sure it will be again the same thing- Asking for T&C page etc. I believe, they should have these things rather than asking us to provide copies.

I did try the previous links mentioned but all of them are expired.

Any help is appreciated.

If you cancel the card in a hurry they may refund the fee.

This is what I received:

"Our records indicate that there will be no annual fee on this account until April 2008, after that an annual membership fee of $75.00 will be assessed on your anniversary date.

If you think that this is incorrect, please send a copy of the front and back of the offer you received. Once we receive this information, we will review your account and contact you.

You may send the copy of the offer latter at:

Citibank Customer Service
P.O. Box 6500
Sioux Falls, SD 57117 "

Will sending them a printout of the original offer make any difference?

friendlyguy said:

Worth trying....what you gotta lose?

ShakuniMama said: I think currently the best offer for this card is 25,000 TY points with $75 annual fee. You will still come out ahead even if you have to pay the annual fee.

Although closest to the original offer of 15,000 TY points with no annual fee for first year is alive as per today!

If you want to avoid the $75 annual fee (the first year at least) open a Citigold checking account. For the 1st 6 months the minimum balance requirement is waived. You can keep just a few dollars in it and it doesn't require DD or billpay. After that it is $1000,000 but you can then close it or downgrade it. You also get a fee waiver on the Citi Advantage Debit card which currently earns you 4000 AAdvantage miles. Every so often they have a promo. When I got it it was 10,000 AAdvantage miles (but they screwed up so they gave me thank you points).

Hi- If you have the Original offer with no fees, can you post a PDF or PM me.
Appreciate your help!

friendlyguy said: This is what I received:

"Our records indicate that there will be no annual fee on this account until April 2008, after that an annual membership fee of $75.00 will be assessed on your anniversary date.

If you think that this is incorrect, please send a copy of the front and back of the offer you received. Once we receive this information, we will review your account and contact you.

You may send the copy of the offer latter at:

Citibank Customer Service
P.O. Box 6500
Sioux Falls, SD 57117 "

did you guys who signed up for this offer when it said the annual fee was waived, get the fees charged to your cards? I got the fees charged and they don't seem to budge to remove the fees.

had mine for ~15 months, no fees so far

no fee for me either.

No fee for me either. Check your card carrier that came with the card (the paper that the card was attached to when it came) if you still have it, and see what it says. If you signed up for the offer correctly it should say "annual fee - $0" You should be able to use this to help get the fee removed.

I just got a 75 dollar annual fee charged as well. I don't have the original offer web page. Again, if anyone has it, please post.

Had it since Jan 2007. No fees.

How long did it take to get the bonus points after completing the purchase requirements? I did the regular premierpass for 10,00 points a few weeks ago..

I signed up in April and got hit with the fee last month. Called to get that credited in exchange for downgrading to regular PP, regular PP just wasn't attractive so I canceled it completely. Wonder if I can sign up again under the PPE promo...

wiredspider said: I signed up in April and got hit with the fee last month. Called to get that credited in exchange for downgrading to regular PP, regular PP just wasn't attractive so I canceled it completely. Wonder if I can sign up again under the PPE promo...

Sorry, I did not understand -- why did you call to downgrade to regular PP while it was NOT attractive to the point of cancellation?

The CSR did not mention I would lose fix flight redemptions if I downgraded, found that out afterwards. So I called in about that, figured I could get some type of extra point promo for 3 months or whatever, but nothing so I just went with the cancellation.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014