• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
I signed up yesterday. Setup $100 to come from another checking acct and it said it had to do the deposit thing to verify the account. Today I see the 2 small deposits but I cannot find a place on Wachovias site to tell them the amounts. Anyone know where to go?

sswingle said: I signed up yesterday. Setup $100 to come from another checking acct and it said it had to do the deposit thing to verify the account. Today I see the 2 small deposits but I cannot find a place on Wachovias site to tell them the amounts. Anyone know where to go?

if you bothered to read the "Wachovia Deposit Account Opening" email they sent you:

1. Go Online. If you opted to Fund Online Later, go to Return to Online Funding (https://www.wachovia.com/fundlater).

Squeezer99 said: sswingle said: I signed up yesterday. Setup $100 to come from another checking acct and it said it had to do the deposit thing to verify the account. Today I see the 2 small deposits but I cannot find a place on Wachovias site to tell them the amounts. Anyone know where to go?

if you bothered to read the "Wachovia Deposit Account Opening" email they sent you:

1. Go Online. If you opted to Fund Online Later, go to Return to Online Funding (https://www.wachovia.com/fundlater).


I had read the email. It wasn't obvious to me when I already entered account info to fund that I had chosen the option to fund later.

Just signed up. Although I'll primarily use Electric Orange as my primary account, this will be nice if I have need of any in-person banking and real checks (and $50 free doesn't hurt!). Also, a large percentage of business payments I receive are currently drawn on Wachovia.

Xanthuos said: Just signed up. Although I'll primarily use Electric Orange as my primary account, this will be nice if I have need of any in-person banking and real checks (and $50 free doesn't hurt!). Also, a large percentage of business payments I receive are currently drawn on Wachovia.

Keep in mind that the free checking account does NOT include free checks. You will need to order those for like $18 for one box. Your best best is to get them to verify your routing # (my open in-branch and open online accts have different routing #s) and acct # and then get an outside entity to run your checks. I got an order of 3 boxes of stylized checks for only $6 or so.

CycloneFW said: Xanthuos said: Just signed up. Although I'll primarily use Electric Orange as my primary account, this will be nice if I have need of any in-person banking and real checks (and $50 free doesn't hurt!). Also, a large percentage of business payments I receive are currently drawn on Wachovia.

Keep in mind that the free checking account does NOT include free checks. You will need to order those for like $18 for one box. Your best best is to get them to verify your routing # (my open in-branch and open online accts have different routing #s) and acct # and then get an outside entity to run your checks. I got an order of 3 boxes of stylized checks for only $6 or so.


Or bump yourself up to Crown checking once you get the $50. Depending on how you read this, as long as you have a credit card with a line over $5k (not balance), you qualify:
http://www.wachovia.com/personal/page/0,,11_480_515,00.html

(Almost every other bank I've seen is balance, not line).

For anyone that gets a $20k or larger line from them on the CC, might be worth checking out Crown Select banking and get a free safe deposit box:
http://www.wachovia.com/personal/page/0,,11_480_8079,00.html

Edit:
Looks like Crown Banking has the free safe deposit box too with a $10k CC line:
http://www.wachovia.com/personal/page/0,,11_480_514,00.html

I just called and confirmed that it is credit card LINE, not balance, that qualifies you for this. I will be opening up an account now and calling and seeing which branch has an available safe deposit box (there are quite a few that are equally annoyingly far away that it doesn't really matter to me, but perhaps it is good "asset protection" since it is unlikely anyone would find it - except that I have now posted that on FWF).

Xeon852 said: I just called and confirmed that it is credit card LINE, not balance, that qualifies you for this.

I would call again and if you get the same misinformation, have them notate it on the account.

From the link you posted:
It's easy to qualify—based on the balances in your checking account, other deposit accounts, lines of credit, or installment loans with us.

Meet any one of the average daily balance requirements below and pay no monthly service fee for Crown Access Banking:

credit card (line amount), line of credit (line amount) and/or outstanding installment loan balances

It is rather confusion about the way they say line amount, but they basically mean revolving balance. So if you do not use the line to revolve and pay off 5k of charges each month, that does NOT qualify. It is not just the credit card balance, but the line amount you use as a revolving line (i.e., pay interest on).

EDIT: Typos in the last paragraph.

As for other qualifying balances, I have their 5.0% Money Market, so that would make my accounts free if it were not for my HELOC. The 5.0% is only for 90 days, but it will hold ya until you get the bonus.

CycloneFW said: Xeon852 said: I just called and confirmed that it is credit card LINE, not balance, that qualifies you for this.

I would call again and if you get the same misinformation, have them notate it on the account.

From the link you posted:
It's easy to qualify—based on the balances in your checking account, other deposit accounts, lines of credit, or installment loans with us.

Meet any one of the average daily balance requirements below and pay no monthly service fee for Crown Access Banking:

credit card (line amount), line of credit (line amount) and/or outstanding installment loan balances

It is rather confusion about the way they say line amount, but they basically mean revolving balance. So if you do not use the line to revolve and pay off 5k of charges each month, that does NOT qualify. It is not just the credit card balance, but the line amount you use as a revolving line (i.e., pay interest on).

EDIT: Typos in the last paragraph.

Odd - I very clearly asked her if it was equal to my credit limit or the balance I carried. Thanks for the heads up.

I will qualify by balance anyways, because I did a BT on the card, but after that ends I'll have to clarify with them and have them note the account.

CycloneFW said: Keep in mind that the free checking account does NOT include free checks. You will need to order those for like $18 for one box. Your best best is to get them to verify your routing # (my open in-branch and open online accts have different routing #s) and acct # and then get an outside entity to run your checks. I got an order of 3 boxes of stylized checks for only $6 or so.

This is what I planned to do. What would you suggest in terms of getting around the need for a voided check?

The companies I have used let me do everything online, so they never need to see the check (they even charge my credit card rather than the account).

But if you get on that requires the charge, go into a branch and see if you can get a temp check. However, keep in mind that, at least in FL, their temp checks have a preprinted routing # and if you open the account online, you MAY get a different routing #.

I opened on of these up yesterday and today asked about the routing # just for this and my banker told me a routing # different than the my other branch-opened or online-opened accounts. Maybe there is a special one for the promo? He went ahead and ordered my a box @ no charge b/c of my other accounts. Thinking about my fellow FW's, I asked what would happen if I was going to get charged. He said he would then order the "starter/trial pack" which is 50 checks for $6. Still not free, but better than $18, especially if you plan to close the account.

Get $50 when you open a Wachovia free student checking account. No minimum balance, no monthly service fee, no direct deposit requirement.

wachovia.com/ed50
promotion code WEDM

Be very careful folks this might be a hard pull..

Each CSR has a different story ...so typical....(800) 922-4684 fifteen minute hold time minimum on this Sunday Evening 17:41 (mst).

The last CSR said they need a beacon score and Equifax was hit...the one before that said they only pulled chex systems...(the last thing I need is an inquiry..I am getting ready for my first TU/EQ AoR in about two months or as soon as I can bump of these TU/EQ inquiries)

Michael B.

ElectricSavant said: Be very careful folks this might be a hard pull..

Each CSR has a different story ...so typical....(800) 922-4684 fifteen minute hold time minimum on this Sunday Evening 17:41 (mst).

The last CSR said they need a beacon score and Equifax was hit...the one before that said they only pulled chex systems...(the last thing I need is an inquiry..I am getting ready for my first TU/EQ AoR in about two months or as soon as I can bump of these TU/EQ inquiries)

Michael B.
Thats been mentioned numerous times already. But you'll probably get a nice CC with a no-fee BT offer along with it.

glitch,

It's just that I am learning not to depend on what you or anybody says in this forum...

Glitch99 said: ElectricSavant said: Be very careful folks this might be a hard pull..

Each CSR has a different story ...so typical....(800) 922-4684 fifteen minute hold time minimum on this Sunday Evening 17:41 (mst).

The last CSR said they need a beacon score and Equifax was hit...the one before that said they only pulled chex systems...(the last thing I need is an inquiry..I am getting ready for my first TU/EQ AoR in about two months or as soon as I can bump of these TU/EQ inquiries)

Michael B.
Thats been mentioned numerous times already. But you'll probably get a nice CC with a no-fee BT offer along with it.

ElectricSavant said: Be very careful folks this might be a hard pull..

Each CSR has a different story ...so typical....(800) 922-4684 fifteen minute hold time minimum on this Sunday Evening 17:41 (mst).

The last CSR said they need a beacon score and Equifax was hit...the one before that said they only pulled chex systems...(the last thing I need is an inquiry..I am getting ready for my first TU/EQ AoR in about two months or as soon as I can bump of these TU/EQ inquiries)

Michael B.


As has been mentioned here before, they do hard pulls for every new customer. If you open another new account while your a new customer, then you get another hard pull. If you open an account after beyond a seasoned customer, then no hard pull. Caveat: YMMV, and new customer can be from 3 - 6 months (seems like it depends on state or it has not been narrowed down from our anecdotal evidence).

That was quick.....just got my $50 for direct deposit and $50 for online billpay.

Thanks Wachovia.

make sure you go to http://www.wachovia.com/privacy and enable the privacy stuff so they won't contact you/send you junk mail

Tacoma99 said: That was quick.....just got my $50 for direct deposit and $50 for online billpay.

Thanks Wachovia.
What deal was that for? This thread only references a $50 bonus for opening an account.

uploaded image for future use:

image

i bullshitted and got a free box of 150 checks sent too. however, saw a fee for it later, but called and got the fee credited back. also told not to worry about ach trial deposits, as long as there is a full $100 deposit by whatever method, you're fine.

i got a letter in the postal mail today from Wachovia. pay 2 bills with their online bill pay by April 30th 2007 and get $10 credited to my checking account by June 30th 2007.

I found Wachovia charged me $16 for the box of check that I didn't ask for? can I ask for refund on this?

Report, I just got refund from Wachovia, so don't give up to negotiate with bank, anyway, I got an email confirmed that $16 refund and $50 on 01/June!!!

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I just opened account online, so I can goto a branch w/o an atm card and deposit $100 there? thanks.

twomix said: Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I just opened account online, so I can goto a branch w/o an atm card and deposit $100 there? thanks.

Thats what I did, no ATM card necessary, just account #.

It appears the expiration of this promotion has been extended until 4/24. Or, here's an identical promotion that expires 4/17. All other terms seem to be the same as before.

Sweet 04/24 now ... so I can still sign up (having problems with BOA).

got my money today, sign up 3/1/2007

Same here:

04/23/2007 Deposit $50 CREDIT COURTESY OF WACHOVIA

Thanks OP.

ditto! Got my money today!

Wooohooo! Got my $50 too!

got mine too!

go Wachovia!
if they had more CA branches I would probably use them as my main bank considering the great service I've gotten from them

iSpecK said: got mine too!

go Wachovia!
if they had more CA branches I would probably use them as my main bank considering the great service I've gotten from them


Just be a little more patient. Those World Savings branches will be converting to Wachovia later this year.

Did anyone who got the credit have to verify their account by phone? I'm wondering if they just opened an account for me and didn't code it for the promo.

I opened around 3/2 or so, had to verify by phone on around 3/4 or so, and made my initial deposit by mail on 3/12. No credit yet.

They do now have a branch of at Tustin, California.


NEWPORT AND IRVINE FINANCIAL CENTER
13031 NEWPORT AVE SUITE 115
TUSTIN, CA 92780
Phone: (714)505-7754
Fax: (714)505-8194

Can anyone post the time frame they experienced, from initial deposit to $50 bonus credited? My initial deposit was just over a month ago, but I was curious when I would actually see some sign of the bonus.

got my $50! It took about 2 months I think to get my bonus.

thanks OP!

PoorManDan said: Can anyone post the time frame they experienced, from initial deposit to $50 bonus credited? My initial deposit was just over a month ago, but I was curious when I would actually see some sign of the bonus.

Initial deposit was on 2/13 at a branch, bonus received on 4/23.

Got my $50 today!! I deposited about 2 months ago.

I am a bonus-hunting newb, and this is my first real bank bonus - hooray for me.

$50 posted 5/23
Thanks OP



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014