• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
From the bank's website.
Open a free Checking account by April 1, 2007, we'll automatically credit your account with $50.

To qualify for the $50 bonus offer, you must open a Wachovia Free Checking account by clicking on the "Apply Now" button, visit a participating Wachovia Financial Center, or contact Wachovia at (800) 987-2945. When opening the account at a Wachovia Financial Center, you must bring in a copy of this page. When opening the account via telephone, you must provide the following special code: FRNA

Account must be opened in good faith and remain in good standing through 04/30/2007 in order to be eligible for the offer. Account must be funded with a minimum opening deposit of $100. Offer expires on 04/01/2007. Limit one bonus offer per household. Not valid with any other promotion or offer. Accounts subject to approval. Other fees may apply. The $50 bonus will appear in the form of a credit to the account within 60 days of the offer expiration date. The value of this bonus may be reported to the IRS and the recipient is responsible for any related federal, state, or local taxes.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
You would not even search a bit.
LINKAGE

iforever (Jul. 16, 2007 @ 4:34p) |

I found a direct link to that information.

iforever (Jul. 16, 2007 @ 5:46p) |

I had a meeting today with my rep at Wachovia. I had recently moved almost everything over to BoA affinity acct while I ... (more)

CycloneFW (Jul. 18, 2007 @ 8:37p) |

OFFER LINK

also there is a $50 bonus for the free student checking http://wachovia.com/ed50

$125 offer for CA residents.

Another offer code FCDD for $50 bonus with direct deposit. link
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Link? Hard pull?

questchen said:

"Account must be opened in good faith"

I open all my credit card and bank accounts with good faith....

Pretty sure the do a hard pull. Can anyone confirm?

Simple and painless Thanks OP

Xeon852 said: Link? Hard pull?
according to This thread, it is a hard pull.

turrdog said: questchen said:

"Account must be opened in good faith"

I open all my credit card and bank accounts with good faith....

Me too I wonder what bozo dreamed that copy up.

Unfortunately for non-GC holders, they want you to call in to complete application..bummer....and takes away from the hotness of the $50

stupid patriot law or whatever.... opened so many accounts before but never saw this issue....F...

Wonder how this applies to existing customers...

i just walked on one of my nearby wachovia branches and opened a free checking account..the clerk first said this promotion was for new customers only as i already had a checking and a CD with wachovia..i insisted that the offer doesn't say this..she called someone and verified this is for new checking accounts..she then became excited and spread the news to other clerks...they all got together and talked about it..im sure they all gonna take advantage of this promotion...i will check my credit report and see if they gave a hard inquiry..looks like to me they didn't...

Thanks OP. Just opened one and funded online as well.

Green to you...

michaeldalian said: i just walked on one of my nearby wachovia branches and opened a free checking account..the clerk first said this promotion was for new customers only as i already had a checking and a CD with wachovia..i insisted that the offer doesn't say this..she called someone and verified this is for new checking accounts..she then became excited and spread the news to other clerks...they all got together and talked about it..im sure they all gonna take advantage of this promotion...i will check my credit report and see if they gave a hard inquiry..looks like to me they didn't...

please let us know!

I can confirm it's a hardpull. I personally opened a wachovia checking 05 December( it was my first checking+ my local bank). I never got any bonus...dumb dumb me

spade87 said: I can confirm it's a hardpull. I personally opened a wachovia checking 05 December( it was my first checking+ my local bank). I never got any bonus...dumb dumb me

so u opened another account with this special and they did another hardpull even though u were an existing customer?

walletfart said: spade87 said: I can confirm it's a hardpull. I personally opened a wachovia checking 05 December( it was my first checking+ my local bank). I never got any bonus...dumb dumb me

so u opened another account with this special and they did another hardpull even though u were an existing customer?

I think he's just saying that when he opened his account a little over a year ago, there was a hard pull.

BankofGreed said: Pretty sure the do a hard pull. Can anyone confirm?

A definite yes. I opened a free checking account with Wachovia last week, and they did a hard pull with Trans Union on me.

I opened one in Dallas, TX in middle of 2006. I didn't see any hard pull though. I use true credit monitoring and I don't recall receiving email alert for Wachovia. I received alert for BofA, not for Wachovia.

wow

no minimum after the initial $100 fundage?
So I can just pull it out the next day and not get hit with any fees?

very nice

Applied but application held up due to credit freeze. We'll see what happens. Thanks op.

Can anyone confirm no minimum balance?

How long before the account can be closed? I've seen a $25 fee of closed within 6 months, can anyone confirm this too?

does anyone know if opening another checking account affects your credit? I heard that they may do a soft or hard check on your credit history whenver you open an account.

Looks like I need to head to Wachovia tomorrow.

I opened two Wachovia checking accounts in the last three months of 2005. They did 2 hard pulls on TU. Both accounts had the same name, address, and SSN.

When I got to the online funding part, I got booted from the website. Any one know if it matters what ABA routing number I use for Wachovia? I want to send funds via ACH. Their customer service did not know what number to use, since they do not have a branch in IL. thanks

just applied with no probs - thanks!

My husband spoke to the vice president of the division. She said the minimum one needs to open is $50 to get the debit card. The cash is not coming until 60-90 days.

Just a thought...

But I was thinking of signing up for this at about the end of March because the deadline is April 1, and you have to be in good standing by April 30 when they will probably be checking the accounts in order to prepare the incentive credit. So many I won't have to wait so long from the the time that I opened the account til the time I receive the credit.

Cherry

9000 said: I opened two Wachovia checking accounts in the last three months of 2005. They did 2 hard pulls on TU. Both accounts had the same name, address, and SSN.

It is my understanding that they pull credit reports for new customers and newly acquired customers. After 3 or 6 months, they no longer pull for non-credit accounts. For instance, they pulled me back in 04 when I opened a free checking acct. Never since (next account a year later).

As for the other poster, yes you can leave $0.01 in there if you want. There is no charge for the debit card, but if you request checks, the first box is NOT free.

After 180 days, you can close penalty free.

Ive tried to apply a few times the past 24 hours, no luck

Free Checking Application

We regret that the application you are accessing is unavailable at this time. Please try again later, or if you would like to apply over the phone, please call us at 800-WACHOVIA (922-4684), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and appreciate your interest in our products.

Thank you for your patience.

Is a hard pull sort of a credit check?

signed up with them yesterday
went very smoothly, which is rare for me since most banks have a hell of a time verifying my address

they did a hard pull on Trans Union
lady said that I need to fund the account with $100 by April 1st and keep it in there through April 30th to get the bonus
after that there is no minimum

setting up online bill pay was easy too

thumbs up for Wachovia

iSpecK said: signed up with them yesterday
went very smoothly, which is rare for me since most banks have a hell of a time verifying my address

lady said that I need to fund the account with $100 by April 1st and keep it in there through April 30th to get the bonus

thumbs up for Wachovia

A hard pull checks to see if your credit is good or bad correct?

I also got today an offer of 5000 points just for signing up with their points program.

g10ny said: I also got today an offer of 5000 points just for signing up with their points program.

Remember: If you happen to have one of their credit cards, they will combine the points from the credit card and debit card together to help you reach rewards faster.

They are not too shabby with their CL (highest in my last AOR) and give 6-mo 0% no-fee (at least then). Fortunately, its 6-mo of BT. So I did a 5-mo BT. Paid it off two days before statement closing. Two days after statement closing, wrote myself another check for the next 6-mo.

Has any existing Wachovia checking customer applied for this? I'm under my parent's account still, but the terms didn't mention anything that would void an existing customer from getting the $$$

Jaysun said: iSpecK said: signed up with them yesterday

thumbs up for Wachovia

A hard pull checks to see if your credit is good or bad correct?

Hard pull lowers your credit score.

I'm going to closeout my current account with them so they can't screw me
out of this new offer when I apply.

I just stopped by an office a mile from my house, and was signed up easily. The lady said the people at the branch knew of the offer, but I was the first one to come in and request it. She said she was going to let them know they finally got someone to sign up for it. She also said I should see the credit sometime in May. Woohoo easy money.

Skipping 103 Messages...
CycloneFW said: Xeon852 said: I just called and confirmed that it is credit card LINE, not balance, that qualifies you for this.

I would call again and if you get the same misinformation, have them notate it on the account.

From the link you posted:
It's easy to qualify—based on the balances in your checking account, other deposit accounts, lines of credit, or installment loans with us.

Meet any one of the average daily balance requirements below and pay no monthly service fee for Crown Access Banking:

credit card (line amount), line of credit (line amount) and/or outstanding installment loan balances

It is rather confusion about the way they say line amount, but they basically mean revolving balance. So if you do not use the line to revolve and pay off 5k of charges each month, that does NOT qualify. It is not just the credit card balance, but the line amount you use as a revolving line (i.e., pay interest on).

EDIT: Typos in the last paragraph.

I had a meeting today with my rep at Wachovia. I had recently moved almost everything over to BoA affinity acct while I am under a promo rate there. He asked me about it when I was in his branch today. Anyway, I explained it to him and asked him if I would get any fees on my Crown acct as I only left about $200 in it. He thought the above was true (he was the one that originally told me), but after calling some other dept to verify, he told me it really is the line amount regardless of amount owed. Thus, even though I owe nothing on Wach CC nor my HELOC, I still get qualified for the Crown acct for free.

Anyway, I wanted to let y'all know this for two things:
a) those who opened Free Ck under these promos and got a Wach CC too, you can get upgraded at no cost. Crown gets free cks, 3x5 free box (or $25 + other discounts for bigger size), free official cks, money orders, travelers cheques, and so forth

b) those of you who do the no closing cost HELOC as a just in case or two show imaginary debt on rental properties, these qualify for Crown even if you do not take any money of of the HELOC

I appreciate how he took the effort to correct himself. Did not make any excuses or anything -- just said he was wrong in his understanding before. Thanks Xeon852 for the original info.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.