• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
Got my bonus several days ago. Thanks OP!
Took about 2 months, as everyone else's experiences also show.

got my $50 on june 1st, took 3 and a half months.

If you do not plan to use this account remember to close it after 180 days of opening, they have a dormant fee they charge for inactive accounts.

When will the account be considered dormant?

I opened the account (using the promo link and then going to the local branch as instructed) well before the deadline of 04/01/07 with the inital deposit of $100. Not too long after opening I withdrew $90, for the remaining balance of $10 ... I did not see a $50 credited 60 days after 04/01/07, so I called them and the CSR told me I had to keep $100 in there for the entire 60 day period (I don't hink it was mentioned in the promo T&C). I guess I'll call them again later today or tomorrow when I have all of the paperwork in front of me. Anyone in the same boat?

From the Terms and Conditions under Other Services/Fees:

Dormant Account, per month* - $5.00

*An account is considered dormant if it has been inactive, with no customer generated activity, for either 2 years for savings accounts (1 year in South Carolina), or 1 year for other deposit account.

krk206s said: From the Terms and Conditions under Other Services/Fees:

*An account is considered dormant if it has been inactive, with no customer generated activity, for either 2 years for savings accounts (1 year in South Carolina), or 1 year for other deposit account.

Yep...that has been noted several times and have a reminder setup to either close the account or do a quick billpayment....

You know if you are in So Cal and open account in So Cal branch you get $150 bonus if you have a direct deposit.

Well I never got my $50. I opened the account with $100, then took it out with HSBC leaving my balance at $0. a couple of weeks ago I couldn't log in anymore. Called up online support. They said after a certain period of inactivity the accounts are closed. They said they could transfer me to customer support to have them reopened, but meh not worth the trouble.

What routing # did you use when you pulled from Wachovia to HSBC?

TonySpero said: What routing # did you use when you pulled from Wachovia to HSBC?

Wachovia routing for direct deposit/withdrawal (ACH): 026012881 (not sure this is the same across the country though, I'm in NY)
HSBC (online savings): 022000020

TonySpero said: What routing # did you use when you pulled from Wachovia to HSBC?

062203751 but i'm in mississippi. it varies by state. just send them a message and they'll tell you

Anybody know what the magic words are to get them to do a credit card app without a separate credit check? I opened the checking account a few days ago and I've spoken to two separate CSR's who say that applying for the Visa with 0% requires a separate application and separate credit check. I read that some people were notified that they were preapproved -- maybe they're not doing that anymore? Anybody gotten the Visa without a separate credit check recently?

klep said: Anybody know what the magic words are to get them to do a credit card app without a separate credit check? I opened the checking account a few days ago and I've spoken to two separate CSR's who say that applying for the Visa with 0% requires a separate application and separate credit check. I read that some people were notified that they were preapproved -- maybe they're not doing that anymore? Anybody gotten the Visa without a separate credit check recently?

The magic words were "Since you did a credit check on me to open this checking account, can you also approve me for a credit card based on that?" They checked, and the answer was sure, no problem, go ahead. Needless to say, I got 2 hard pulls out of that. Schmucks.

JeebusSaves said: magic words were "Since you did a credit check on me to open this checking account, can you also approve me for a credit card based on that?" They checked, and the answer was sure, no problem, go ahead. Needless to say, I got 2 hard pulls out of that. Schmucks.

Ouch! Glad that the "magic words" didn't "work" for me when I attempted them. I wonder if the reps get credit for convincing customers to open up credit accounts and figured you wouldn't check. I'd definitely call and complain -- maybe they can have the inquiry removed?

krk206s said: From the Terms and Conditions under Other Services/Fees:

If you're worried dormant fees, just ACH push a couple of dollars out of your PayPal account once in a while.

Since there is a $5 fee to close the account within 6 months of opening it. Once I receive the $50 credit, can I transfer $140 to another bank via ACH and keep $10 to keep the acount open?

Thanks.

khilonna said: Since there is a $5 fee to close the account within 6 months of opening it. Once I receive the $50 credit, can I transfer $140 to another bank via ACH and keep $10 to keep the acount open?

Thanks.

I believe it's $25 if you close, $5 per month if it's dormant, and yes you can transfer money out, just keep a $1.

Squeezer99 said: i got a letter in the postal mail today from Wachovia. pay 2 bills with their online bill pay by April 30th 2007 and get $10 credited to my checking account by June 30th 2007.

i did this and got $10 with some bullshitting!

Any current deal? Just moved to NC and need a new local bank.

largeeyes said: Any current deal? Just moved to NC and need a new local bank.

You would not even search a bit.
LINKAGE

opmnxtc said: subwayrider said: I just signed up tonight , waiting for it to be processed-------

heres some fees that people may have mentioned or not consolidated , taken from wachovias website
CHECKING ACCOUNTS

subwayrider, could you post a direct link to that please? i can't find it on the wachovia website. thanks.

I found a direct link to that information.

CycloneFW said: Xeon852 said: I just called and confirmed that it is credit card LINE, not balance, that qualifies you for this.

I would call again and if you get the same misinformation, have them notate it on the account.

From the link you posted:
It's easy to qualifyóbased on the balances in your checking account, other deposit accounts, lines of credit, or installment loans with us.

Meet any one of the average daily balance requirements below and pay no monthly service fee for Crown Access Banking:

credit card (line amount), line of credit (line amount) and/or outstanding installment loan balances

It is rather confusion about the way they say line amount, but they basically mean revolving balance. So if you do not use the line to revolve and pay off 5k of charges each month, that does NOT qualify. It is not just the credit card balance, but the line amount you use as a revolving line (i.e., pay interest on).

EDIT: Typos in the last paragraph.

I had a meeting today with my rep at Wachovia. I had recently moved almost everything over to BoA affinity acct while I am under a promo rate there. He asked me about it when I was in his branch today. Anyway, I explained it to him and asked him if I would get any fees on my Crown acct as I only left about $200 in it. He thought the above was true (he was the one that originally told me), but after calling some other dept to verify, he told me it really is the line amount regardless of amount owed. Thus, even though I owe nothing on Wach CC nor my HELOC, I still get qualified for the Crown acct for free.

Anyway, I wanted to let y'all know this for two things:
a) those who opened Free Ck under these promos and got a Wach CC too, you can get upgraded at no cost. Crown gets free cks, 3x5 free box (or $25 + other discounts for bigger size), free official cks, money orders, travelers cheques, and so forth

b) those of you who do the no closing cost HELOC as a just in case or two show imaginary debt on rental properties, these qualify for Crown even if you do not take any money of of the HELOC

I appreciate how he took the effort to correct himself. Did not make any excuses or anything -- just said he was wrong in his understanding before. Thanks Xeon852 for the original info.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014