• 12 3 4538
  • Page
  • Text Only
GiftCards26 said: PolarDude said: My AMEX won't report until April 1stWhy so long?

My blue cash is about a month behind. It just reported my January 1. closing balance. If I do a CLI now, on March 1 it will report my Feb 1. closing balance. I have to wait until April 1 for any new changes now!

Has anyone gotten a message like this from Citi With a BT on one card but not another?

Credit Line Increase Request Saturday, February 3, 2007

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

We regret that we cannot approve your request for a Credit Line Increase at this time. Your request was processed by a credit scoring system, which assigns a numerical value to various items on your credit card account(s) with us. Your credit score did not meet our requirements, because:

Your balance is high on one or more of your accounts with us, compared to the total credit limit.

You have paid a low portion of your lifetime charges on one or more of your accounts with us.

If you believe our records may be incorrect, please contact us. You will receive a written confirmation of this message within 7 to 10 business days. Thank you for using our website.

GiftCards26 said: rigor said: They are easy to get since they are PG PG?

Personal Guarantee

I got a nice bump from $14.4K to $24K, no waiting.

I just want to thank all of you for these AMEX threads. I've read them for at least the past year, just waiting for the day that I could join all of you in the fun. Well, tonight, I was approved for my very first AMEX and I'm so excited. If I'm not mistaken, an AMEX begets other AMEX cards, so I'm just waiting to receive it and then in a month or so, test out the old luv button and a few months later, try for a better AMEX than the Jetblue one that is on its way.

Thanks again.

enkey said: has anybody applied for CL increase twice in a day?

it won't work if you're requesting the increase on the same card within 30days of the last request.

I got all mine to say they were approved for increases, between 3 cards about $35,000 and my wife's 2 cards about another $30,000.

Though they did say they were approved, only 1 actually is showing the increased credit line, its been a few hours already. Anyone else experience this?

All new credit lines did show up this morning for me

My increase appeared immediately (although text said it could take 15 minutes).
Also, I can confirm the 30 day wait:

Our records indicate a request for a line of credit increase has already been submitted, and is currently being processed or that the line of credit on your account was increased within the last 30 days. Your account is not eligible for a new request at this time. Please call 1-800-576-8942 if you have any questions.

jcohen73 said: Though they did say they were approved, only 1 actually is showing the increased credit line, its been a few hours already. Anyone else experience this?No, mine is already showing up on the summary of accounts page. It's probably YMMV, though.

Latest tally: $906,100

Does anyone know how they treat CLI requests on business cards with healthy household income but very little business revenue?

Went from $7k to $24.9k. Ridiculous.

ponhoss said: Has anyone gotten a message like this from Citi With a BT on one card but not another?

Credit Line Increase Request Saturday, February 3, 2007

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

We regret that we cannot approve your request for a Credit Line Increase at this time. Your request was processed by a credit scoring system, which assigns a numerical value to various items on your credit card account(s) with us. Your credit score did not meet our requirements, because:

Your balance is high on one or more of your accounts with us, compared to the total credit limit.

You have paid a low portion of your lifetime charges on one or more of your accounts with us.

If you believe our records may be incorrect, please contact us. You will receive a written confirmation of this message within 7 to 10 business days. Thank you for using our website.

I've gotten one of those. Had about $8k BT on one card, applied for a new card (Professional), and got a really low CL ($1k). Whenever I try to get a higher limit, it cites the "balance is high on one or more of your accounts with us" line. I have been given an increase to $1.5k on the Pro, but the other BT card used to get $2k CLI increases every few months. It started at about $3k and is now at $11.1k.

doerrb said: Can we hit a cool million in this thread alone?

So far, I've calculated CLIs totaling $638,600 as a result of your post, OP. (For posters who didn't state their initial CL, I assumed $10k.)

Am.Ex will probably wake up with a bad hangover Monday morning and wonder what the hell happened over the weekend... but the FW damage has already been done.

Anyone else care to chime in?

I did mine 2 weeks ago on all 4 cards... so they must be on a binge.

Thanks OP! Got CLIs of 17,700 and 8,900 for me and my wife for AMEX Blues - both are 24,900 now!

Thanks OP!

Blue: 5 --> 30
CostCo: 25 --> 30

...$980,600...

...almost...

I don't mean to be the pahtee poopah, but if their CLI system truly is on crack (and we all should assume it is since this isn't that normal sounding) then when they catch wind of this (and they will) you're all putting yourselves at much higher risk for a financial review.

Why should you worry? Well, if you aren't lying about your income, you shouldn't. And if your credit is relatively solid as well, then you shouldn't. It's just a hassle. If you're carrying larger balances (such as those from 0% BT AOR's) then you might get a little worried since they could get spooked.

I'm sooo itching to pull the trigger on these CLI's, but having applied and been approved for a total of 10 AMEX cards during my last AOR in mid-Jan, I'll probably hold off and play it safe. Already went through and passed an FR, and I really don't want to be bothered with another.

Good luck, and keep the good #'s coming! We'll break $1m soon.

My AMEX story, head up for AOR-ers

two cards,
card 1: $20K CL, $10K balance 3.99% for life;
card 2: $4K CL, 0 balance.

CLI card 2 in Dec. 2006, after review the CL is reduced to $500, because of "high risk"!
CLI card 2 today again ($500 -> $24500), got

Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted.
You will receive a written response within 7-10 days.

Let's see if I'll get $50 CL

Though I did CLI for my girlfriend's Blue last week, $15K -> $25K after two days review, which was increased from $7K in Dec.

i first got an error when trying to increase my costco card from 15k to 24k. i tried again and it told me it couldn't process the request because i just requested an increase. i go back to my acct summary, and lo and behold, the increase had already been reflected on my account!

Awesome! Just added $5K to both of my AMEX cards ($10K total)! Thanks OP!

my wifes started at 2K i tried to increase to 24900 but got this "Your request for line of credit increase of $24,000 can be approved for $8,500. Your new line of credit would be $8,500." oh well not that bad, thanks OP

i did a recent cli last month. now i have to wait another 3 days before i can make another cli

I got this message:

Request a Line of Credit Increase
Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted.
You will receive a written response within 7-10 days.

I tried it on my Blue for Students -

Current Level - 8k
Requested: 24,900

thewogis said: my wifes started at 2K i tried to increase to 24900 but got this "Your request for line of credit increase of $24,000 can be approved for $8,500. Your new line of credit would be $8,500." oh well not that bad, thanks OP

....DING!....
$1,005,600

A million dollars' worth of CLIs for FWFers in less than 24 hours.

Thanks again for the tip, OP!

*Ding*?

This is some sort of a victory?

Again, I say, so what? It's not an asset--what does it prove? What does it do? Why not play Bingo instead? It's got to be some sort of validation thing that you guys never got from your parents. Where's the function in this? How is this in the least bit useful?

pushback said: *Ding*?

Again, I say, so what? It's not an asset--what does it prove? What does it do? Why not play Bingo instead? It's got to be some sort of validation thing that you guys never got from your parents. Where's the function in this? How is this in the least bit useful?

It was the only way AmE>< could assess the potential of this customer niche.
Good part: we may soon be offered a co-branded FW AmE><.
Not-so-good part: FR.

Yes, validation. Aside from business considerations, I think the FW tribe has proven its vitality. Groups of people who outdrink others and score the highest number of chix are viable (Can you expect this type of validation from the parents? Maybe all the ppl from this thread wanted in their childhoods a bigger allowance?). Likewise, those scoring lotza CLIs tend to be viable.

If you just think about how it started, with Rigor wanting to improve his debt to available credit ratio, due to his mortgage...

AmexBlue went from 17.4 to 25k

requested CLI on my AMEX Blue
$18,600 --> $24,900 with instant approval
THANKS OP!!

g10ny said:
Not-so-good part: FR.

So far we have not seen AMEX request an FR but they might be a doing a soft one on you. I asked for my couple month old blue card to be increased from $50k to $100K and was told I had to send in 2 years of taxes and bank account statements. Also the same day I asked for the CLI I noticed this on my soft inquire report, "AMEX ACCOUNT REVIEW" Over the years I would see soft targeting inquiries just saying AMEX. So this was something different. So if anyone is already pushing the limits I would be careful, Your CLI request might get you the soft "AMEX ACCOUNT REVIEW" Which could lead to a full blown FR.

I did it on both of my AMEX just opened a month ago! Thanks OP! Sorry, but I have a newbie question, how do you transfer from AMEX to for example a BOA bank acct? I read from previous posts AMEX doesnt do transfers to your bank accounts? thanks for the help!

Ah just what Fatwalleters need is a credit line war! Is AMEX concerned about future quarters and growth and trying to bumpup its earnings(not counting of Fatwalleter's AOR clients of course). Perhaps it is concerned about BofA merging with Countywide. In any event, it soun like good news. Now Fatwalleter's you need to let Chase know you are using AMEX cards since they offer higher credit line limits. Let get Chase and others to match AMEX!

Please read the FAQs and do some basic research before posting questions like this. Several people have already answered your question in this thread.

In short: 30% of your FICO score comes from your utilization -- numerator = how much you owe (i.e., your total balances), denominator = how much you *could* owe (i.e., your total available credit, or Credit Limits). You want a low utilization %. You can improve your util% by doing one of two things (or both): (1) decrease what you owe, and/or (2) increase your Credit Limits. That second part is all we're doing here.

As a bonus, for people who are using free (0%) money to do Balance Transfers and earn interest on the funds, this gives them access to more funds in the future. Note that people here are *not* trying to get extra funds so they can go out and party or spend to oblivion. If that's what you're thinking, then you really need to read the FAQs again, and again, and once more for good measure.

Here is a simple article about credit scores: Bankrate Article. Here is another similar article: Business Week Article.

Hope that's helpful, and please don't start criticizing people in this thread who indeed *do* find this exercise more than just "the least bit useful". And even if you do think it's not a useful exercise, then... well, then just don't do it.

Thanks.

best way to BT to cash is through a reverse BT. MBNA i've done this tons of times. You BT a large amount say 15K to MBNA, then wait a week or so then ask for a credit refund you'll get a check in 7 days deposit it.

If you do this constantly the banks will get sketchy on you looks like kiting or money laundering. but occasionally on a well established account i've done this several times to citi and twice in a month to a charles scwhab (FIA) card. I only spend 2-3K a month on the charles scwhab but the CSR's are so nice (compared to bofa) they didn't even hedge on the the fact i needed two credit refunds one week after another).

Same can be said for buying a car that goes 160 mph or does 80mph in 3.3 seconds. WHY? can never use it but it's just feels so good to have. FW is the same way, we don't need all these deals but it feels so good just to get a good deal.

aww it says 7-10 business days for approval. Maybe because i don't use the card or they just caught up

Wow easy as pie on both cards

12k to 24.9k
12k to 24.9k

Thanks everyone.

got the message "wait for 7-10 days"
but when checking status online, it was approved from 1k to 12k
however, it didn't show up the increase on the account yet....

I crushed that damn CLI button...

Income: $100,000
Starwood AMEX
$14,000 increased to $30,000. THANKS OP!!

doerrb said: thewogis said: my wifes started at 2K i tried to increase to 24900 but got this "Your request for line of credit increase of $24,000 can be approved for $8,500. Your new line of credit would be $8,500." oh well not that bad, thanks OP
....DING!....
$1,005,600

A million dollars' worth of CLIs for FWFers in less than 48 hours.

Thanks again for the tip, OP!

To AMEX, a $million is a rounding error.

12,200 to 25k in a "snap"

Thanks all!

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 12 3 4538
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014