suze orman td ameritrade free money

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
At the heart of the book titled Women & Money: Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny is "The Save Yourself Plan" - a streamlined, five-step countdown designed to help women achieve genuine long-term financial security. Clients who follow the steps receive ongoing strategies and guidance in Suze's book. Additionally, after a year of making automatic monthly direct deposits in a new brokerage account, TD AMERITRADE will reward those efforts with $100 bonus. (1)

(1)Offer valid for one new TD AMERITRADE account (non-retirement) opened between 2/27/07 and 3/31/08, and funded by 12 monthly consecutive automatic electronic deposits of $50 or more. First $50 must be deposited within 30 days of opening account. To be eligible, you must be a U.S. resident aged 18 or older. On February 27th, see www.saveyourselfplan.com for obligations and limitations and to accept this offer. This is not an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where TD AMERITRADE is not authorized to do business. Random House, Inc. does not endorse, is not associated with, and has no responsibility for the TD AMERITRADE offer. TD AMERITRADE, Random House, Inc., and Suze Orman are separate and not affiliated, and each of them are not responsible for the services and information provided by the other(s). TD AMERITRADE, Inc., member NASD/SIPC.

http://www.amtd.com/newsroom/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=225555

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I just finished opening my account and can confirm that towards the end the application confirmed in writing the specifi... (more)

makeinu (May. 18, 2008 @ 10:52p) |

Hi, is there a special code from the book that I will need when applying for this promotion through www.saveyourself.com... (more)

StrawberryFang (May. 20, 2008 @ 2:52p) |

Nope. There isn't even a spot to enter a promo code anymore. You just sign up through that link and TD Ameritrade will c... (more)

makeinu (May. 20, 2008 @ 2:56p) |

link
Simple interest is accrued daily and credited to your account on the last business day of each month. Annual Percentage Yield of 4.59% (4.50% interest rate) is current for the Save Yourself account as of February 27, 2007 and is subject to change without notice. Rates may change after the account is opened. Cash in an MMDA is held at TD Bank USA, N.A. and is insured by the FDIC (not covered by SIPC) for up to $100,000 for non-retirement accounts. TD Bank USA and TD AMERITRADE are affiliated through their parent companies.

For those FWers with more money to deposit (someone else's or your own), you can get up to 25,000 United Miles by going to:
TD Ameritrade Miles Option
These miles have a value of ~250$ (free flight anywhere in the continental US), but have a different list of requirements. Several United promotions (including a similar one with new Fidelity accounts) allow double dipping on "new" promotions.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$100 bonus for doing so, which I didn't see in the OP.

It doesnt say if the money has to stay in the account after being deposited (direct deposit $50 the 1st of every month, withdraw $50 the 5th of every month). TD Ameritrade doesnt pay much interest on cash balances, although after a year the $100 bonus on $300 contributions is better than $300 sitting in a savings account at any interest rate. Marking this to take another look come the 27th.

I'll have to keep an eye out for this. The promo doesn't start until 2/27/.

In for 1 for me and 1 for my wife. Looks like an easy $200 or about 20% guaranteed (so far).

I'll be in.

Does anybody know if TD Ameritrade requires a hard pull to open an account? I'm probably in with a soft pull, but maybe not if it's a hard pull.

Beware--you can only do one lifetime signup bonus with TD Ameritrade, and they usually have much better deals than this if you have around $10k+ to tie up for 9 months-1yr. E.g., about a year ago I got a $500 signup bonus for depositing 10k and leaving it there for 9 months--put the money in a 5.4% 9-month CD--pure profit.

Looks juicier than the "usual" TD Ameritrade $100 offer, which I think requires a deposit of $10,000, and held for 9 months.

markkundinger said: Looks juicier than the "usual" TD Ameritrade $100 offer, which I think requires a deposit of $10,000, and held for 9 months.

the "usual" offer may be 10K and 9 months but it is $500, not $100

ScootyPuffSr said: markkundinger said: Looks juicier than the "usual" TD Ameritrade $100 offer, which I think requires a deposit of $10,000, and held for 9 months.

Their current offer is $100 and trade free for 45 days with 10K-NOT $500!

stateofmind said: ScootyPuffSr said: markkundinger said: Looks juicier than the "usual" TD Ameritrade $100 offer, which I think requires a deposit of $10,000, and held for 9 months.

Their current offer is $100 and trade free for 45 days with 10K-NOT $500!

I didn't say the current offer is $500!!!!!

I said the usual offer that if you are only going to get one bonus you might as well wait to get the $500.

HKnight said: Beware--you can only do one lifetime signup bonus with TD Ameritrade, and they usually have much better deals than this if you have around $10k+ to tie up for 9 months-1yr. E.g., about a year ago I got a $500 signup bonus for depositing 10k and leaving it there for 9 months--put the money in a 5.4% 9-month CD--pure profit.
If that is the case, I'll hold out for a similar or better offer. Thanks.

ScootyPuffSr said:
I said the usual offer that if you are only going to get one bonus you might as well wait to get the $500.

Not everyone has an extra 10 grand around that they can afford to keep tied up - this is much more obtainable for those of us who can cough up an exta $600, but not an extra $10,000.

So this is up and running. But you need a code from the book to apply. Hopefully its one generic code, not a unique one in each book. And you need to keep the $300 ($50/month) in the account the full 12 months to get the $100 bonus.

EDIT: That would be $600 over next the 12 months (thanks for the math lesson, berlinsmommy)

Anybody got a borders or b&n nearby to look through some books and post one for the team....just dont take the book into the bathroom.....

ScootyPuffSr said:
I didn't say the current offer is $500!!!!!

AFAIK that has only happened once, so how is that the "usual" offer?

maddybeagle said: Anybody got a borders or b&n nearby to look through some books and post one for the team....just dont take the book into the bathroom.....
I don't know if they check the code later, but it looks like just entering any three letters or numbers into the box brings you to the next page.

MadAnthony said: ScootyPuffSr said:

Not everyone has an extra 10 grand around that they can afford to keep tied up - this is much more obtainable for those of us who can cough up an exta $600, but not an extra $10,000.

Other people's money will do just fine

numark said: I don't know if they check the code later, but it looks like just entering any three letters or numbers into the box brings you to the next page.I'm gonna try to get to a bookstore in the next day or two (unless someone else beats me to it). I'd hate to enter random numbers, then a year from now have them say 'sorry, no $100 for you because you didnt use a valid promo code'.

Try 701. I checked the 10 or so copies in my local B&N store, and they all had this code on a flyer in the back of the book.

g10ny said: MadAnthony said: ScootyPuffSr said:

Other people's money will do just fine

Last time I opened Ameritrade account, I was able to satisfy their transfer requirement by using stocks in other account.
Why won't it work now? You may not have 10k to spare but if you have stocks worth 10k in any other account, why not transfer them to Ameritrade?
Ameritrade will refund the transfer fee.

horatiolegrande said: At the heart of the book titled Women & Money: Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny is "The Save Yourself Plan" - a streamlined, five-step countdown designed to help women achieve genuine long-term financial security.

out the closet she comes

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/25/magazine/25wwlnq4.t.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

gandhis said: Why won't it work now? You may not have 10k to spare but if you have stocks worth 10k in any other account, why not transfer them to Ameritrade?

Gandhis, please do tell more about this. I searched for such an offer but could not find it (only had two pages of results and none mentioned this). Another forum mentioned this, but it was a promo offer for $50 cash for the xfer back in October 06. I am on the 45 free trades promo and if I can get them to pay the xfer fee from my old institution, that would be great.

CycloneFW said: gandhis said: Why won't it work now? You may not have 10k to spare but if you have stocks worth 10k in any other account, why not transfer them to Ameritrade?

Gandhis, please do tell more about this. I searched for such an offer but could not find it (only had two pages of results and none mentioned this). Another forum mentioned this, but it was a promo offer for $50 cash for the xfer back in October 06. I am on the 45 free trades promo and if I can get them to pay the xfer fee from my old institution, that would be great.

The old offer
I opened an account with this offer. I transferred stocks from my other account. The other brokerage charged $50 but Ameritrade refunded it.

HKnight said: Beware--you can only do one lifetime signup bonus with TD Ameritrade, and they usually have much better deals than this if you have around $10k+ to tie up for 9 months-1yr. E.g., about a year ago I got a $500 signup bonus for depositing 10k and leaving it there for 9 months--put the money in a 5.4% 9-month CD--pure profit.

I did the $500 Apex offer. A TDA CSR said I was eligible for this promo. He could be wrong, but I'm not sure it's true that you can only get one lifetime bonus, or if so, this might be different.

HKnight said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beware--you can only do one lifetime signup bonus with TD Ameritrade, and they usually have much better deals than this if you have around $10k+ to tie up for 9 months-1yr. E.g., about a year ago I got a $500 signup bonus for depositing 10k and leaving it there for 9 months--put the money in a 5.4% 9-month CD--pure profit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received 2 Palm T3's and an Ipod Nano so far from TD Ameritrade. I was thinking of trying for this one too.

kjgco said: Try 701. I checked the 10 or so copies in my local B&N store, and they all had this code on a flyer in the back of the book.Seems to have worked. Signed up with that code, and got a confirmation email recapping the terms of the offer today. Thanks.

Glitch99 said: So this is up and running. But you need a code from the book to apply. Hopefully its one generic code, not a unique one in each book. And you need to keep the $300 ($50/month) in the account the full 12 months to get the $100 bonus.

Am I missing something, where do you keep getting the $300 figure from???

berlinsmommy said: Am I missing something, where do you keep getting the $300 figure from???
You have to put in at least $50 a month for 12 months so at the end you've deposited $300. Some people will just be transferring it out of existing savings, rather than saving it from income, so they're thinking about the whole amount.

kittenmittens said: berlinsmommy said: Am I missing something, where do you keep getting the $300 figure from???
You have to put in at least $50 a month for 12 months so at the end you've deposited $300. Some people will just be transferring it out of existing savings, rather than saving it from income, so they're thinking about the whole amount.

*Banging head*

So, $50 x 12 months = $300 ???? I guess I need a new calculator or should go back to school!

I know a $3,500 calculator you can buy from a dude with a rockin' myspace page

Yeah, 12x$50 = $300 kept puzzling me too.

berlinsmommy said: kittenmittens said: berlinsmommy said: Am I missing something, where do you keep getting the $300 figure from???

*Banging head*

So, $50 x 12 months = $300 ???? I guess I need a new calculator or should go back to school!
I wondered the same thing when you first pointed it out...... Then I saw it originated from me.....twice

But in my defense, it took two weeks before someone pointed this out

Glitch99 said: I wondered the same thing when you first pointed it out...... Then I saw it originated from me

Well, I was a bit concerned since you said you already did it. I was hoping you didn't plan on putting in $300 to make $100.

I also was really asking since you said something earlier about putting money in and taking it back out.

I am also on cold meds and tired, so I actually went to my calculator 2x to make sure it wasn't just me, LOL!!!

berlinsmommy said: I am also on cold meds and tired, so I actually went to my calculator 2x to make sure it wasn't just me, LOL!!!
Well at least you caught it, I just the read the part you quoted and didn't even pay attention to the math until you spelled it out. And I even have the right amount in a spreadsheet that's open right now! In my defense, I may have been drinking...

kjgco said: Try 701. I checked the 10 or so copies in my local B&N store, and they all had this code on a flyer in the back of the book.

Any other "codes" or is 701 in most of the books. Just curious. Thanks.

Here's a site with info.
http://www.saveyourselfplan.com/

Right now I have my money in www.AmboyDirect.com earning what-5.37% APY?
The $100.00 bonus will count as interest on my taxes I'm sure, so is this worth it?

lykstyk said: out the closet she comes

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/25/magazine/25wwlnq4.t.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

"55-year old virgin"? Suze sure is on top of things ...

Plus: $25m in liquid net worth, but only $1m invested in equities? Pleeeze ...

Skipping 42 Messages...
StrawberryFang said: Hi, is there a special code from the book that I will need when applying for this promotion through www.saveyourself.com? If so, can anyone supply it? Thanks!

Nope. There isn't even a spot to enter a promo code anymore. You just sign up through that link and TD Ameritrade will confirm the promotion towards the end of the application process and then again after the account is fully opened.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014