• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
just got this e-mail....

Thank you for your interest in Beneficial Savings Bank. Unfortunately, at this time Beneficial is not accepting online account applications from outside the Greater Philadelphia Region. Please be advised that an account has not been established in your name. If you requested to fund your account from another financial institution, Beneficial has not and will not initiate this ACH transfer.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact us at 215-864-6730 or email us at info@beneficialsavingsbank.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Contact Center

Beneficial Savings Bank

Just received this email fr. Beneficial after applying on the 26th (before the geographic restriction) was imposed:

Thank you for your interest in Beneficial Savings Bank. Unfortunately, at this time Beneficial is not accepting online account applications from outside the Greater Philadelphia Region. Please be advised that an account has not been established in your name. If you requested to fund your account from another financial institution, Beneficial has not and will not initiate this ACH transfer.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact us at 215-864-6730 or email us at info@beneficialsavingsbank.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Contact Center
Beneficial Savings Bank

Oh, well...

OH BOY, I'll post my identical letter TOO!

Sincerely,

Customer Contact Center

Beneficial Savings Bank

Nuts to this.

Same here too.

Sincerely,

Customer Contact Center

Beneficial Savings Bank

Of course, I received the same letter today, after applying on the 26th (before the restriction).

HOWEVER, I sent a reply asking that they honor the promotion since I had applied prior to the restrictions being added.

I received the following followup response just now:

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for your e-mail. In response to your request, we will be happy to establish your Free Interest Checking Account for you. Please note that in order to qualify for the full $150.00 bonus, you must meet the following criteria:

·In order to qualify for the first $50.00 your balance must reach $1,000.00 with the first 60 of account opening . ( valid through 3/31/07)
·In order to qualify for the $50.00 Direct Deposit Bonus you must receive a recurring Direct Deposit .
·In order to qualify for the $50.00 Bill Pay Bonus you need to submit a payment to a third party .

If you will be able to meet these criteria and still wish to open this account, please notify us at your earliest convenience via e-mail and we will proceed with your application.

Thank you for your interest in Beneficial Savings Bank! If you have any further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 215-864-6730. One of our agents will be glad to assist you!

Sincerely,

Customer Contact Center

Enter your application number and password via the application status link. From there you can print out the signature card.

Anyone know if this is limited to one per household? I can't find it on the offer page ... thanks.

same here...and called and confirmed! easy $150! thanks OP!

Glitch99 said: Of course, I received the same letter today, after applying on the 26th (before the restriction).

HOWEVER, I sent a reply asking that they honor the promotion since I had applied prior to the restrictions being added.

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for your e-mail. In response to your request, we will be happy to establish your Free Interest Checking Account for you. Please note that in order to qualify for the full $150.00 bonus, you must meet the following criteria:

·In order to qualify for the first $50.00 your balance must reach $1,000.00 with the first 60 of account opening . ( valid through 3/31/07)
·In order to qualify for the $50.00 Direct Deposit Bonus you must receive a recurring Direct Deposit .
·In order to qualify for the $50.00 Bill Pay Bonus you need to submit a payment to a third party .

If you will be able to meet these criteria and still wish to open this account, please notify us at your earliest convenience via e-mail and we will proceed with your application.

Thank you for your interest in Beneficial Savings Bank! If you have any further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 215-864-6730. One of our agents will be glad to assist you!

Sincerely,

Customer Contact Center

Glitch99 said: Of course, I received the same letter today, after applying on the 26th (before the restriction).

ditto. I called CSR to ask when the checking account will be openned, she metioned they, 3-4 persons dept, are overwhelmed by over 300 applications while they only expected 3-4. it might take a loong while to go throught all.. haha... power to the internet and FW!!
</blockquote></blockquote>

Was away for a few days..happy to have found this..I'm in.
Is anyone sure that a Paypal thing will work? I just transfer it from there and it considers it a direct deposit?
Thanks OP..green

I got the same Email saying that I can't open an account with them.

I am wondering if I got a hard pull.

If one have anyidea?

I got a hard pull on TU.

Does anyone know if Beneficial charges a fee for doing an ACH pull out of their account?

I am living in Delaware and I was rejected. They said Delaware was not considered as Great Philly Region.

I guess they have had too many applicants.

anybody received anything in the mail yet? I got in before the geographic restriction and told them to go ahead and set the account up and haven't heard anything since 3/3.

Read this in the media paper, will do all 3 for the $150, already sent in the sig papers
(march 2nd filled out app online)

Will keep updating as needed.

What was the transunion pull under? I did not get one.

amr5150 said: anybody received anything in the mail yet? I got in before the geographic restriction and told them to go ahead and set the account up and haven't heard anything since 3/3.Now that you mention it, I havent gotten anything in the mail from them yet either. But I have my account number (from the application status page), and enrolled in online banking, made my $1,000 deposit for the first bonus, and am seemingly good to go. I'm also out of their region, but applied before the restriction was added. If you cant check your application status or cant find see any account number, you may want to send a followup email to the info@beneficialsavingsbank.com address for an update.

Got my first $50 bonus on the 14th - $1,000 deposit made on the 13th. No DD or billpay transactions have posted as of yet. I'm outside their region, but applied before the local restriction was imposed.

if you make a DD of $1000 and then do a bill pay to your spouse(that's a third party, right) of $1000, that should satisfy all three for $150, right?

ETA: I see it has to be a recurring DD, but there doesn't seem to be a specific length of time you have to leave the account open...

Can I drop off the signature card at the branch near my house? I don't know why they print the SSN, birthday, and DL# on it.

Glitch99 said: Got my first $50 bonus on the 14th - $1,000 deposit made on the 13th. No DD or billpay transactions have posted as of yet. I'm outside their region, but applied before the local restriction was imposed.Second $50 today - the $1,000 ACH from Etrade counted as DD as well. Very fast payout. And I got my free box of 150 checks today as well. Thanks again, OP!

Edit: They reversed the DD bonus the same day it posted - "No recurring Direct Deposit". Perhaps it credited too soon, they obviously want to see 'recurring'. Or maybe the ACH transfer will not count(?). We'll let the ACH post every other week a couple times and see what happens......

They reversed my $50 bonus for DD too.

My tax refund will be DD into this account soon. This is definitely a direct deposit, tho not recurring. Does anyone have a screenshot of the original offering page. I am positive the wording on that did not say recurring and I applied for this account then.
I was really going to use this account, they are convenient to me but so far not thrilled. Web site not as good as other banks I use, also seemed to take a long time to make my funds available.

I printed the offer page and the disclosure that is now there did not print (I dont remember if it was there or not). But it does state "after first monthly direct deposit" which kind of implies it needs to be recurring at least monthly. I got an ACH deposit scheduled for every other week, so I'm gonna wait a month and see. I wasnt expecting the bonus to be paid out for at least 30 days anyways.

And I agree, their website is pretty archaic. Maybe the surge of new accounts will prompt them to update their interface. Took forever to figure out how to set up a recurring bill payment. Still not sure how to cancel it (I did stumble across that screen at one point).....

i am debating wheather i should do this. for $150 but there seems to be a lot of work. I already have 3 accounts. Do most of peoplel do it just to get the $150?

I see my account number though the status is still pending and the initial deposit is not withdrawn yet.

Can anyone confirm the paypal DD part of this? If I make multiple paypal deposits will it work?

Update: Paypal DD doesnt work as they will reverse it!

First they denied me an account "Unfortunately, at this time Beneficial is not accepting online account applications from outside the Greater Philadelphia Region."

Then they changed their mind. "Dear Valued Customer,Thank you for your response. In order for us to open your account, please send your completed signature cards and opening deposit to the address listed below"

Finally the following email.

"Thank you for contacting Beneficial Savings Bank. In response to your
question upon further research we have determined your Online Account
Application was incomplete. We would ask that you please resubmit you
account application and we will process you request immediately. Our
apologies for any inconvenience this may have cased you."

Beneficial = Mickey Mouse Bank

Not worth the hassle.

drPedro said: First they denied me an account "Unfortunately, at this time Beneficial is not accepting online account applications from outside the Greater Philadelphia Region."

Then they changed their mind. "Dear Valued Customer,Thank you for your response. In order for us to open your account, please send your completed signature cards and opening deposit to the address listed below"

Finally the following email.

"Thank you for contacting Beneficial Savings Bank. In response to your
question upon further research we have determined your Online Account
Application was incomplete. We would ask that you please resubmit you
account application and we will process you request immediately. Our
apologies for any inconvenience this may have cased you."

Beneficial = Mickey Mouse Bank

Not worth the hassle.

I'm starting to agree, they deducted the $50 initial dep from my bank 3 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten anything in the mail..."it should arrive soon"....uh ok.

Got my checks last week.

Got my visa card today.

Got my first bank statement today.

Online the transactions do not say where the $50 came from yet, but the statement does.

I also read soemthing about their online or billpay, it was getting updated soon.

No bonuses yet.

My experience is OK so far. I'm outside Greater Phillly but in PA. I waited for 3 weeks to have my account number online. Then I applied for directlink banking. They withdrew my money after that and posted it the next day. I'm still waiting for checks, card, and bonus, certainly. At least I don't need to mail anything except the signature card or argue about the residential issue.

Offer has been extended to 4/30/07

$50 in my account(from previous post) was my initial depost.

Received $50 within a week of completing a "3rd party billpay"

Deposited $1k for another $50, just need to set up a "recurring direct deposit" for the other $50.

So as of now I got $50, waiting on another $100.

Will keep updating.

maxfleischer said: I got a hard pull on TU.
I only got a soft on Experian.

So far I got the $50 for online bill pay. They reversed the paypal DD even though I have paypal'd for a few weeks, so I dont think the paypal will work. Anyone have any other suggestions? Deposited over $1000 and still waiting for that $50 bonus to come back...

This bank sucks...

1st $50 just after opening the account with 1k deposit
2nd $50 3 weeks after 1st online bill pay

Both my wife and I received $50 2 days after reaching $1K, and another $50 2 weeks after paying 1 bill. DD bonus was reversed (maybe they want to see a 2nd deposit?), but $200 for a little bit of work isn't too bad IMO. Plus, they answer their bank emails promptly!

Looks like Paypal or ACH won't work as a Direct Deposit for the $50 Bonus. This is what the CSR wrote in her message:

"A recurring deposit has to be a payroll check, social security, or something of this nature. This is the only way you will be able to earn the bonus. "

I guess we'll have to be happy with the other $100 from Account Opening and BillPay!

Can I fund the account with $1,000 to get the $50 bonus, and then immediately remove that $1,000 after receiving the bonus (or will they take the bonus away from me)?

Don't want to lose interest on my money...

omarECD said: Can I fund the account with $1,000 to get the $50 bonus, and then immediately remove that $1,000 after receiving the bonus (or will they take the bonus away from me)?

Don't want to lose interest on my money...

I already did it. According to the terms, they are not supposed to reverse the bonus.
So far $50 for $1000 balance and $50 for bill pay. DD is annoying. I certainly can change my payroll DD and change back again. But is it worth it?

ChinaMeng said: Looks like Paypal or ACH won't work as a Direct Deposit for the $50 Bonus. This is what the CSR wrote in her message:

"A recurring deposit has to be a payroll check, social security, or something of this nature. This is the only way you will be able to earn the bonus. "

I guess we'll have to be happy with the other $100 from Account Opening and BillPay!
I emailed to ask about the DD bonus, since I was having a portion of my 'monthly interest' from an online savings account automatically deposited into this account. The response was that after the 2nd recurring deposit posted the $50 for direct deposit would be credited, and all bonuses for direct deposit are credited on the 15th of every month.

So - atleast according to this response - a recurring ACH deposit will qualify, but we have to wait to show it is recurring before getting the bonus.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014