• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
02/27/07 UPDATE: Greater Philadelphia Region Residents ONLY:
Bucks, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania and Camden, Burlington, and Gloucester counties in New Jersey

Check it out here:

https://www.beneficialsavings.com/splash2.html

Details about their Free Checking Acct.:

https://www.beneficialsavings.com/dp_check.asp

No minimum balance requirement
Earn a .50% APY on balances of $300 or more
$50 cash awarded after your first Direct Deposit
Free Internet Banking with Bill Payment
$50 cash awarded after paying your first bill online
Online Check Imaging
Free Check Card available
No ATM fees from Beneficial
Free initial order of checks
No per item/check fees
Monthly statements with Check Imaging
Free Telephone Banking
Free Visa Extras Program
Overdraft protection available

You get:
$50 4wks after your first Direct Deposit Transaction.
$50 4wks after your first Bill Payment Transaction.
$50 if within 60 days of acct. opening balance equals or is > $1000.
Offer exp. is 03/31/07.

I joined a month ago for $100 bonus - before they added another $50 for $1000 balance, and are now waiting for the second $50 to post to the account (sent myself a check). The first $50 for Direct Deposit posted promptly - after transfering funds from my PayPal account - so this option works.
My Checking account with Beneficial has zero fees.

UPDATE 04/06/07:
Below is a copy of my acct. activity - this will help those of you who joined see transactions date vs credits issued (per offer). $150 in the bank.
(wonder if PayPal's verification(s) would've counted as DD)

Transaction Detail

Date

Transaction Type/
Description
Number
Amount

Debits
Credits

4/5/2007
INTEREST CREDIT 0 $50.00

BILL PAY PROMOTION

3/22/2007
ACH DEBIT 0 $13.06

AC-VERIZON -ONLINE PMT

3/20/2007
CHECK 93 $1,000.00

CHECK

3/15/2007
INTEREST PAYMENT 0 $0.06

INTEREST PAYMENT

3/12/2007
DEPOSIT 0 $1,000.00

DEPOSIT

3/12/2007
DEPOSIT 0 $50.00

BONUS 50.00

3/6/2007
CHECK 5001 $90.27

CHECK

2/16/2007
INTEREST CREDIT 0 $50.00

DIRECT DEPOSIT PROMOTION

2/5/2007
ACH CREDIT 0 $40.00

AC-PAYPAL -TRANSFER

2/5/2007
ACH CREDIT 0 $0.18

AC-PAYPAL -VERIFYBANK

2/5/2007
ACH CREDIT 0 $0.09

AC-PAYPAL -VERIFYBANK

1/29/2007
DEPOSIT 0 $100.00

DEPOSIT

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I had no issues getting the bonus with a ACH push from my Apple HYSA. Contrary to your experience, I was impressed with... (more)

Glitch99 (Aug. 23, 2007 @ 9:27p) |

They finally responded to my mail through the site...
Thank you for contacting us. In order to receive the $50.00 bonus f... (more)

amr5150 (Sep. 05, 2007 @ 10:12a) |

Do a recurring/automatic monthly push from a bank, then if asked claim it to be a portion of your interest earning on th... (more)

Glitch99 (Sep. 05, 2007 @ 2:56p) |

link to application
Working Application Status Check

offer has been extended to 4/30/07
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice find...Are they taking people outside of Delaware?

Looks like it will cost a hard pull, fwiw.

Wait a minute. . .

At the bottom of the initial page after you click the "offer link" it states:

"This authorization will not affect your credit score in any way"

So I guess "soft pull" instead?

Whether $1000 need to be kept for 60 days for the bonus?

I'm filling out the App now.

Notice in the schedule of Fee's:

Closed Account within 6 months $10.00

Be sure to check over them for yourself as there are others...

Schedule of Fees

Another good thing is first order of checks is FREE!

I'm in. At least $100 easily.

Thanks OP!!

Thanks OP, i'm in. Keep us posted on any issues with the bonus.

Kingzoo said: Another good thing is first order of checks is FREE!

Just what I need, two more boxes of checks. I wonder if they'd spring for 3 bonuses with a joint account?

OK DPG, spill, are you a denizen of Delaware?

Minoritydan said: I'm filling out the App now.

Notice in the schedule of Fee's:

Closed Account within 6 months $10.00

Be sure to check over them for yourself as there are others...

Schedule of Fees

So, if I keep the account active for 6 months, after that, I just make a call and close it without any fees.
Am I right?

Hey, sorry for asking a silly question, but is this a real bank, I live in California and I have never heard of this bank.

WalStMonky said: Kingzoo said: Another good thing is first order of checks is FREE!

Just what I need, two more boxes of checks. I wonder if they'd spring for 3 bonuses with a joint account?

OK DPG, spill, are you a denizen of Delaware?

Texas

Woot! Thanks, OP!

Is there anywhere of checking the application status?

I just got a confirmation number. does that mean I was not instantly approved?

I got a confirmation number as well.

Out of Wallet Questions <-- WTF

That was weird.

Thanks. Done.

I can just see the account review officer tomorrow, getting to work, 'wtf?? 7340 new checking accounts from 47 states and DC??'

use this link: https://umnas.umonitor.com/beneficial/adminuser.do

DPG said: Check Application Status

Following errors occured in your request
# Invalid password or Application number

WTF? It worked a few hours ago.

In... Thanks op!

firephenix405 said: use this link: https://umnas.umonitor.com/beneficial/adminuser.do

I think you have to get to that page through this link for it to work. My status shows up fine on this page, but didn't using DPG's link.

WalStMonky said: I can just see the account review officer tomorrow, getting to work, 'wtf?? 7340 new checking accounts from 47 states and DC??'

Exactly - but they did ask for it. I wouldn't even chance a stamp yet on the signature mail-in.

I recieved a call from the bank this morning. They are swamped with applications.

I am a cow!

I did not print the signature card and was not able to check the status with the confirmation #.

When I enter this address on fdic.gov

Beneficial Savings Bank
530 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, Pa. 19106

The response I get is "based soley on the info you have provided we can find no FDIC insured instituion in our database."

fatwallet2099 said: When I enter this address on fdic.gov

Beneficial Savings Bank
530 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, Pa. 19106

The response I get is "based soley on the info you have provided we can find no FDIC insured instituion in our database."

They're listed under Beneficial Mutual Savings Bank, FDIC Cert #15697.

It appears they've limited the deal to residents of greater Philadelphia.

ChampagneDan said: It appears they've limited the deal to residents of greater Philadelphia.
Yep, they are now wide awake.

*Must be a resident of the Greater Philadelphia Region
Bucks, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania and Camden, Burlington, and Gloucester counties in New Jersey

Sorry guys.

whoops....that was a waste of a Chex inquiry. Oh well.

is there a minimum amount that you need to move from your paypal account in order for it to count as a direct deposit? Would the paypal trial deposits count as such?

damn, if they won't give me the $100...I don't want them to open the account, because you gotta keep it open 6 months to avoid paying the $10 early closing fee.

I just sent an email to them, am waiting for a response now.

JoshuaMallow said: damn, if they won't give me the $100...I don't want them to open the account, because you gotta keep it open 6 months to avoid paying the $10 early closing fee.

Dead deal for non-residents - confirmed with 2 CSR's, but relax - just call and cancel your application. If their paper-based cancellations are any indication, I doubt you'll ever see any email reply. Incredible really that these dunderheads obviously had no inkling that thousands across the country would descend on this offer. People still don't grasp the amazing power of the internet.

can you share the number of their CSR?

dudetheobscure said: JoshuaMallow said: damn, if they won't give me the $100...I don't want them to open the account, because you gotta keep it open 6 months to avoid paying the $10 early closing fee.

Dead deal for non-residents - confirmed with 2 CSR's, but relax - just call and cancel your application. If their paper-based cancellations are any indication, I doubt you'll ever see any email reply. Incredible really that these dunderheads obviously had no inkling that thousands across the country would descend on this offer. People still don't grasp the amazing power of the internet.

szhang6 said: can you share the number of their CSR?

dudetheobscure said: JoshuaMallow said: damn, if they won't give me the $100...I don't want them to open the account, because you gotta keep it open 6 months to avoid paying the $10 early closing fee.

1-888-PICK-BSB

Since they added the residency restriction on 2/27, will they honor applications received on 2/26 under the initial terms? When I called earlier this afternoon, the CSR said that all applications submitted before 11:45AM today were being processed and I would receive an email today when they got to mine (although I didnt get any email). With a specific time mentioned, I was thinking that they might honor the offer up to the time that they added the restriction. But she seemed really frazzled (I'm guessing a much higher than normal call volume...) so I didnt want to ask her right then.

Glitch99 said: dudetheobscure said: JoshuaMallow said: damn, if they won't give me the $100...I don't want them to open the account, because you gotta keep it open 6 months to avoid paying the $10 early closing fee.

Since they added the residency restriction on 2/27, will they honor applications received on 2/26 under the initial terms? When I called earlier this afternoon, the CSR said that all applications submitted before 11:45AM today were being processed and I would receive an email today when they got to mine (although I didnt get any email). With a specific time mentioned, I was thinking that they might honor the offer up to the time that they added the restriction. But she seemed really frazzled (I'm guessing a much higher than normal call volume...) so I didnt want to ask her right then.

I e-mailed their customer service, they said the "Special Services" department was really backlogged but they'd review my application and let me know. So they didn't say outright that they wouldn't honor the promo. Give them some time. Worst thing that could happen is they'll take the opening deposit - but I'm sure they'll let people cancel applications or close the accounts without a fee, because I bet they'd just as soon not deal with them all.

As an armchair law buff (i.e., not lawyer), I'd say they have an obligation to honor the promotion for people who signed up before they changed the promo, since they didn't say anywhere they reserved the right to change it. Otherwise it would be false advertising. That said, it'd be a dick move to hassle them about it. If they don't honor it, just move on to the next BoA promo.

JeebusSaves said: just move on to the next BoA promo.Already there - 7 in the past 12 months

Thanks, to the original poster and FW!!!! Beneficial Bank's located in my work building, filled out the ap online, screwed up by not printing the signature card, and filled it out with the manager on my way into work this morning. I am just crossing my fingers that paypal will count as a direct deposit.

Skipping 58 Messages...
amr5150 said: Glitch99 said: amr5150 said: I did another paypal transfer, that's 3 months in a row and waited till the 15th of the following month and nothing. I've sent 4 messages through their website and one to the info e-mail address that they e-mailed me with....no response. This bank sucks. Guess I'll have to call or just forget about the last $50...I had no issues getting the bonus with a ACH push from my Apple HYSA. Contrary to your experience, I was impressed with the speed each portion of the bonus was paid. And messages sent through their message center were always replied to, albeit three to four days later. Sorry to hear about your problems, maybe paypal is the problem although I dont know why they would disqualify them but not other ACH transfers. You should atleast try a phone call too, $50 is tough to leave on the table after going through all the motions.

They finally responded to my mail through the site...
Thank you for contacting us. In order to receive the $50.00 bonus for having a direct deposit, the transaction must be a recurring deposit not an electronic funds transfer. A recurring deposit is a payroll check, social security, or something of this nature.

not sure if I should try an ACH push from a bank(ie HSBC) or just close this account...opinions? Thanks.
Do a recurring/automatic monthly push from a bank, then if asked claim it to be a portion of your interest earning on that account being direct deposited in to your checking. That's how I phrased it when initially asking if the push would count as DD for the bonus, but the bonus did pay automatically so I never had to defend the rationalle.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.