• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
I did a transfer from E*Trade and the direct deposit credit was reversed the same day they gave me the $50 bonus.

4/16/2007
INTEREST CREDIT 0 $50.00
DIRECT DEPOSIT PROMOTION

4/16/2007
INTEREST DEBIT 0 $50.00
RVRSL-NON RECURRING DIRECT DEP


I did the transfer on the 10th, and it was only 1, will try one more, or just put it on my work direct deposit for like $25 a paycheck.. lol

I will not let them win.

I got the 1000 balance bonus, billpay and I added them to my work direct deposit for 25 dollars... The 1000 dollar balance bonus and billpay both posted the day after. I'm going to keep the account open since its not a bad bank it seems and is completly free.

I received the $50 $1000 balance bonus the day after it posted to the account, did the bill pay and when the bonus didn't show up for a few days, I sent an e-mail to inquire. Got this response:


Thank you for contacting us. Beneficial Savings Bank credits the $50.00 bonus for using our Bill Payment service on the 15th day of the month after the online payment occurs. In your case, you will be credited after May 15th. Please be advised that if the 15th falls on a weekend, the bonus will be credited to the account on Monday's date.

I did the bill pay on 4/18 so I guess this makes sense.

NextLevel said: I did a transfer from E*Trade and the direct deposit credit was reversed the same day they gave me the $50 bonus.

4/16/2007
INTEREST CREDIT 0 $50.00
DIRECT DEPOSIT PROMOTION

4/16/2007
INTEREST DEBIT 0 $50.00
RVRSL-NON RECURRING DIRECT DEP


I did the transfer on the 10th, and it was only 1, will try one more, or just put it on my work direct deposit for like $25 a paycheck.. lol

I will not let them win.
My $50 DD bonus posted 5/16, after 2-$25 ACH transfers posted on the first of each month (one in April, one in May). So I've now received the entire $150 promo, having sneaked in the day prior to the geographic restriction being implimented.

Glitch99 said: NextLevel said: I did a transfer from E*Trade and the direct deposit credit was reversed the same day they gave me the $50 bonus.

4/16/2007
INTEREST CREDIT 0 $50.00
DIRECT DEPOSIT PROMOTION

4/16/2007
INTEREST DEBIT 0 $50.00
RVRSL-NON RECURRING DIRECT DEP


I did the transfer on the 10th, and it was only 1, will try one more, or just put it on my work direct deposit for like $25 a paycheck.. lol

I will not let them win.
My $50 DD bonus posted 5/16, after 2-$25 ACH transfers posted on the first of each month (one in April, one in May). So I've now received the entire $150 promo, having sneaked in the day prior to the geographic restriction being implimented.


is it safe to say that paypal transfers won't work for the DD bonus? Would a couple HSBC transfers work?

Finally finished with my complete 150... I'll keep the account for awhile.

amr5150 said: is it safe to say that paypal transfers won't work for the DD bonus? Would a couple HSBC transfers work?"recurring" is the key word. If it shows up two months in a row, it will count - mine came from Apple Bank's HYSA, so I'd assume any recurring ACH will count.

Glitch99 said: amr5150 said: is it safe to say that paypal transfers won't work for the DD bonus? Would a couple HSBC transfers work?"recurring" is the key word. If it shows up two months in a row, it will count - mine came from Apple Bank's HYSA, so I'd assume any recurring ACH will count.

so a recurring paypal might work? I pp'd the initial $1000 and they credited the bonus and then debited it back....guess it wouldn't hurt to try another paypal or two....

amr5150 said: Glitch99 said: amr5150 said: is it safe to say that paypal transfers won't work for the DD bonus? Would a couple HSBC transfers work?"recurring" is the key word. If it shows up two months in a row, it will count - mine came from Apple Bank's HYSA, so I'd assume any recurring ACH will count.

so a recurring paypal might work? I pp'd the initial $1000 and they credited the bonus and then debited it back....guess it wouldn't hurt to try another paypal or two....
They did the same to me (and alot of others) initially - said it had to be recurring to count, which the $1k deposit was not. Just do the same amount on the first of every month for a while, the bonus should pay out on the 15th of the month after the second deposit posts.

Glitch99 said: amr5150 said: Glitch99 said: amr5150 said: is it safe to say that paypal transfers won't work for the DD bonus? Would a couple HSBC transfers work?"recurring" is the key word. If it shows up two months in a row, it will count - mine came from Apple Bank's HYSA, so I'd assume any recurring ACH will count.

so a recurring paypal might work? I pp'd the initial $1000 and they credited the bonus and then debited it back....guess it wouldn't hurt to try another paypal or two....
They did the same to me (and alot of others) initially - said it had to be recurring to count, which the $1k deposit was not. Just do the same amount on the first of every month for a while, the bonus should pay out on the 15th of the month after the second deposit posts.


thanks....I'll give it a whirl...

Anyone else got a thick package about their upcoming stock offering?

bbz said: Anyone else got a thick package about their upcoming stock offering?

Yeah, got 2 over the weekend. Quickly filed it.

kjgco said: bbz said: Anyone else got a thick package about their upcoming stock offering?

Yeah, got 2 over the weekend. Quickly filed it.


I just trashed it. What's the benefit offered inside?

Glitch99 said: amr5150 said: Glitch99 said: amr5150 said: is it safe to say that paypal transfers won't work for the DD bonus? Would a couple HSBC transfers work?"recurring" is the key word. If it shows up two months in a row, it will count - mine came from Apple Bank's HYSA, so I'd assume any recurring ACH will count.

so a recurring paypal might work? I pp'd the initial $1000 and they credited the bonus and then debited it back....guess it wouldn't hurt to try another paypal or two....
They did the same to me (and alot of others) initially - said it had to be recurring to count, which the $1k deposit was not. Just do the same amount on the first of every month for a while, the bonus should pay out on the 15th of the month after the second deposit posts.


I've done a couple paypal transfers and waited for the 15th of this month to pass and nothing...haven't tried to contact a CSR about it yet...

I did another paypal transfer, that's 3 months in a row and waited till the 15th of the following month and nothing. I've sent 4 messages through their website and one to the info e-mail address that they e-mailed me with....no response. This bank sucks. Guess I'll have to call or just forget about the last $50...

amr5150 said: I did another paypal transfer, that's 3 months in a row and waited till the 15th of the following month and nothing. I've sent 4 messages through their website and one to the info e-mail address that they e-mailed me with....no response. This bank sucks. Guess I'll have to call or just forget about the last $50...I had no issues getting the bonus with a ACH push from my Apple HYSA. Contrary to your experience, I was impressed with the speed each portion of the bonus was paid. And messages sent through their message center were always replied to, albeit three to four days later. Sorry to hear about your problems, maybe paypal is the problem although I dont know why they would disqualify them but not other ACH transfers. You should atleast try a phone call too, $50 is tough to leave on the table after going through all the motions.

Glitch99 said: amr5150 said: I did another paypal transfer, that's 3 months in a row and waited till the 15th of the following month and nothing. I've sent 4 messages through their website and one to the info e-mail address that they e-mailed me with....no response. This bank sucks. Guess I'll have to call or just forget about the last $50...I had no issues getting the bonus with a ACH push from my Apple HYSA. Contrary to your experience, I was impressed with the speed each portion of the bonus was paid. And messages sent through their message center were always replied to, albeit three to four days later. Sorry to hear about your problems, maybe paypal is the problem although I dont know why they would disqualify them but not other ACH transfers. You should atleast try a phone call too, $50 is tough to leave on the table after going through all the motions.

They finally responded to my mail through the site...
Thank you for contacting us. In order to receive the $50.00 bonus for having a direct deposit, the transaction must be a recurring deposit not an electronic funds transfer. A recurring deposit is a payroll check, social security, or something of this nature.

not sure if I should try an ACH push from a bank(ie HSBC) or just close this account...opinions? Thanks.

amr5150 said: Glitch99 said: amr5150 said: I did another paypal transfer, that's 3 months in a row and waited till the 15th of the following month and nothing. I've sent 4 messages through their website and one to the info e-mail address that they e-mailed me with....no response. This bank sucks. Guess I'll have to call or just forget about the last $50...I had no issues getting the bonus with a ACH push from my Apple HYSA. Contrary to your experience, I was impressed with the speed each portion of the bonus was paid. And messages sent through their message center were always replied to, albeit three to four days later. Sorry to hear about your problems, maybe paypal is the problem although I dont know why they would disqualify them but not other ACH transfers. You should atleast try a phone call too, $50 is tough to leave on the table after going through all the motions.

They finally responded to my mail through the site...
Thank you for contacting us. In order to receive the $50.00 bonus for having a direct deposit, the transaction must be a recurring deposit not an electronic funds transfer. A recurring deposit is a payroll check, social security, or something of this nature.

not sure if I should try an ACH push from a bank(ie HSBC) or just close this account...opinions? Thanks.
Do a recurring/automatic monthly push from a bank, then if asked claim it to be a portion of your interest earning on that account being direct deposited in to your checking. That's how I phrased it when initially asking if the push would count as DD for the bonus, but the bonus did pay automatically so I never had to defend the rationalle.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014