• filter:
  • 1117118119120 121
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Its a good offer for that card. Whether its a good offer/card for you depends on you.
Do you care about mqms?
Do you have delta status?
Do you want to be exempt from delta mqds next year?
Do you only want a free checked bag?!
Do you want a companion ticket on an itinerary per year?
The answers to those questions will indicate whether you should have this card or the platinum/reserve delta amex cards.

rated:
valvo23 said:   Received an offer for Gold Delta Skymiles AMEX card (50K miles +$50 credit after $1000 in 3 months which I can do in a month). Is this a decent offer/card to have? Have a trip coming up in May '15 that I'd like to earn travel for.
  That's a good offer, and better than any public offer.

rated:
the challenge with Delta is finding flights you can book with points. especially something that isn't scheduled way in advance.

rated:
That's a great offer, my current email offer is only for 35,000 plus the statement credit which is still better than the online offer. I asked this question on the AOR thread, but it hasn't been answered yet. If I already have four Amex, and want to do this offer, is it better to apply and talk to customer service on the recon and then cancel one of my other four cards, or cancel one of the four cards first and then apply? I want them to cancel the JetBlue not one of the other three, I'm worried they will just pick one if they don't call me.

rated:
FYI here. I was able to use my Barclaycard Arrival points for Uber. I was pleased to see that. I had read around and everybody said it wouldn't work as Uber comes up as a "taxi/car service" charge, not travel.

rated:
50k points + $50 seems like a good bonus. I value Delta points at $0/point so you get $50 free money

rated:
Please post offer to see: said: Received an offer for Gold Delta Skymiles AMEX card (50K miles +$50 credit after $1000 in 3 months which I can do in a month). Is this a decent offer/card to have? Have a trip coming up in May '15 that I'd like to earn travel for.

rated:
Does anyone know if the Wells Fargo 5% unlimited Cash Back on groceries for 6 months card is still available? I can find the page by googling it, but surprised that it hasn't been mentioned on FWF for awhile. This leads me to believe it's pretty much dead.

rated:
catanpirate said:   Does anyone know if the Wells Fargo 5% unlimited Cash Back on groceries for 6 months card is still available? I can find the page by googling it, but surprised that it hasn't been mentioned on FWF for awhile. This leads me to believe it's pretty much dead.
  I think that's just because FlyerTalk has become the place to really talk about that stuff.

rated:
There is an archived thread. IMO all the important stuff is already said there.

rated:
At NFCU, for new cardholders, $200 Cash Back with $3000 spending in first 90 days. Plus the standard 1.5% reward.

If you spend exactly $3000, that works out to 8.17% total.

rated:
Argyll said:   At NFCU, for new cardholders, $200 Cash Back with $3000 spending in first 90 days. Plus the standard 1.5% reward.

If you spend exactly $3000, that works out to 8.17% total.

argh i wish i could get nfcu. i have an account, but it was never "qualified" for military

rated:
This is the cash rewards card that any member can have:

https://www.navyfederal.org/products-services/cards/creditcards/...

rated:
Argyll said:   This is the cash rewards card that any member can have:

https://www.navyfederal.org/products-services/cards/creditcards/cashrewards.php?intcmp=hp|hero|1|cashRewards|holiday|141201|learnmore

1.5% flat CashBack and $200 bonus for a No AF card is pretty good. Still have to become a member tho

rated:
LearningFast said:   

https://www.navyfederal.org/products-services/cards/creditcards/cashrewards.php?intcmp=hp|hero|1|cashRewards|holiday|141201|learnmore

1.5% flat CashBack and $200 bonus for a No AF card is pretty good. Still have to become a member tho

Whoa.  I should replace my Capital One Cash Card w/ this one.  My card pays 1% CB annually, and an extra 0.5% on the anniversary.  No FOREX though. 

rated:
ablang said:   
LearningFast said:   

Whoa.  I should replace my Capital One Cash Card w/ this one.  My card pays 1% CB annually, and an extra 0.5% on the anniversary.  No FOREX though. 

just convert your cap one card to a quicksilver, which pays 1.5% cb. although in the age of citi double cash, hard to justify the 1.5ers. 

rated:
Hi there.. I searched the thread but didn't see a mention of this. Stumbled upon the Sam's Club Mastercard website this evening.

They're offering 5% CashBack on gas (as long as you don't buy it at costco for example) 3% dining and travel 1% all else. No big signup bonus just a $20 credit if you go spend $50 at SamsClub.com on the same day you open the account.

Any opinions on this card? Or has it already been covered and I didn't find it? If so, sorry about that.

rated:
I was just approved for the card on Black Friday, haven't received it yet. It is similar to the Costco Amex where you have to wait for them to send you a check once a year, and then you have to take it Sam's to get it cashed. It doesn't beat out the monthly 5% rewards for gas on some cards, but Sam's is usually the cheapest, so if you don't mind getting your Cash Back once a year, I think it is a solid card. Also, it is rumored to have the 5% at 7-11 for purchases and any gas station that takes Mastercard. Costco's card is pretty much only at the pump as far as I can tell.

rated:
Hi, I'm 28 and have poor credit (CreditKarma says 614 transunion, 632 vantage). I have a line of credit with a bank for $2066 total due (fees included) and a Discover credit card with a $500 balance along with a boat load of student loan debt.

The line of credit is reporting maximum deliquency each month for for $1627.

Does applying for another card / balance transfer make sense? Any specific suggestions to consider? Can someone help me with the math?

rated:
Sam's is way too far from home for me to drive to buy gas. Costco even further. It looked like it would work at pretty much any gas station unless I'm reading it wrong. Thanks for the info on the yearly CashBack payout. That kinda sux. 

Reading further I see the CashBack is forfeit if your Sam's Club membership is terminated or lapses. That's my deal killer. I sometimes switch from me to hubby to take advantage of a "new member" deal for membership, or sometimes just let it lapse a while. 

rated:
princesspool said:   Hi, I'm 28 and have poor credit (CreditKarma says 614 transunion, 632 vantage). I have a line of credit with a bank for $2066 total due (fees included) and a Discover credit card with a $500 balance along with a boat load of student loan debt.

Does applying for another card / balance transfer make sense? Any specific suggestions to consider? Can someone help me with the math?

Given your current credit score and credit utilization, you would likely not get approved for any credit card that's worth it.
If you want other help regarding your situation, I would suggest creating a new thread for advice from the community as this thread is more specific than the help you likely can use.

rated:
Princess -- You've come to a good place. Creditboards might be better, but here is good. If you could give a bit more information to clarify things, there are some aces here that can provide some really good advice.

Are you delinquent on your LOC or is there some sort of mistake?

How much SL debt do you have?

What are you after (goals, desires, challenges, etc)

rated:
princesspool said:   Hi, I'm 28 and have poor credit (CreditKarma says 614 transunion, 632 vantage). I have a line of credit with a bank for $2066 total due (fees included) and a Discover credit card with a $500 balance along with a boat load of student loan debt.

"with a boat load of student loan debt", I would assume you have at least college degree. At 28 year old, how could you put yourself at this situation?

rated:

I suppose you could try applying for some balance transfer cards, but in the first place, you probably wouldn't get them, and in the second place, you'd just be bailing out the Titanic with a paper cup.  You're really better off to forget about trying to move things around to reduce interest and make a concentrated effort to just pay it all off.  Get a second, third and fourth job.  Mow lawns for $.  Shovel snow for $.  Sell some stuff you don't need.  Cut expenses to the bone.  Throw everything at the debt.  You'll make progress and eventually pay off everything.  Along the way your credit will recover.  JMHO.

Chris.

rated:
What card would you all recommend given the following:

1) I have no recurring expenses and do not expect this to change for at least a year
2) I do not travel
3) My purchases are irregular

I am considering Amazon's 3% card and just might settle for it if I can't find a great alternative soon. Better would be a card with comparable rewards at a variety of (all?--does such a card exist?) online stores.

rated:
Fido 2%

rated:
Fido 2%

rated:

Sony US (3.66kB)
Disclaimer
Sony Visa has a 200 statement credit for 500 spent in 90 Days. Here.  
No ann fee & no transaction fee; but I can't make out if that includes foreign transactions as they're not mentioned.  Can I get some green if this is not a recent repeat...?

rated:
Sam's Club had a spend 100 today & get 40 off instantly after applying for their business or personal credit card when I was in there 2 days ago. Very short window on that one. Card expires after 6 month no uses, so you can do it again around the holidays next year.

rated:
A765 said:   What card would you all recommend given the following:

1) I have no recurring expenses and do not expect this to change for at least a year
2) I do not travel

I am considering Amazon's 3% card and just might settle for it if I can't find a great alternative soon. Better would be a card with comparable rewards at a variety of (all?--does such a card exist?) online stores.

For a general card, I like Fido 2% or Citi Double Cash for 2%.  The advantage of the Citi is that it's a M/C, so usable more places than the Fido AmEx.  Of course if a lot of your shopping is at CostCo, then the Fido may make more sense, as AmEx is the only CC that CostCo takes (at least for now).  

Alternatively, since you mention Amazon, I take it you purchase a lot there.  You might want to consider the SallieMae M/C from Barclay.  It offers 5% on grocery, gas and bookstores (e.g. Amazon).

Chris.

rated:
A765 said:   What card would you all recommend given the following:

2) I do not travel

Such a card does not exist. The best you can do is a flat 2% CashBack card, like Fidelity Amex or Citi Double Cash. There is a card called JCB Marukai that offers a flat 3% CashBack but you have to jump through hoops, is geographically restricted and... JCB. 
Discover It usually offers 5% CashBack on online purchases for one quarter. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1117118119120 121
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014