Citi Dividend '12
Citi Forward 5x '12
Upromise converted to crappy Barclay rewards '12
Discover IT '12
Chase Ink Classic (just asked for Visa conversion, success) '13
BofA Travel Rewards '13

Haven't apped since.
Recently graduated college.

Looking for some keeper cards and a few just get the bonuses.

For sure:
2% Citi - should i change the dividend to it? Hard to meet the $50 minimum. categories not as good as it/freedom

BofA Better Balance - product change travel rewards to this, free $100 a year

Amex Everyday - good alternative to my delta, doesnt seem you can PC yet.

Chase Sapphire preferred - Bonus + i earn 5x on my internet and cellphone bill, already racked 15k in UR since opening my ink.

Chase Hyatt & IHG - good keepers for the annual hotel certificates

Not sure / won't cancel
Sallie Mae 5% card - easy and small caps to make money back.

Not sure / will cancel:
Chase Ritz - 140k is insane, not sure about 395 annual fee upfront

Barclay Arrival+ - I hate barclay, their CS doesn't care about PC. Have 2.5k CL with the crappy barclay rewards, looking to get some use.

Thoughts on Merril+, Alaska Airlines?

Ideally I want my setup to be:
Chase Freedom (5x rotate)
Amex Everyday (Free MR to airlines from grocery 6k)
Amex BC (grocery extra cash 6k)
Citi Dividend (rotating to fill 5% gaps)
Citi Forward 5x (Amazon/restaurants, perhaps open highend TY card to transfer points later)
Citi 2% - (everyday spend)
Barclay Arrival (no FTF, I assume i can PC from A+ after i get the bonus)
Discover IT (rotating/everyday spend/shopdiscover/pricematch/etc)
Chase Ink Classic (5x bills/5x on carpayment via Staples VGC to bluebird)
BofA Better Balance (free 100)
Chase IHG - (Free hotel night per year for 49)
Chase Hyatt - (2 free Hotel nights for 75)
Chase CSP - (UR to Airlines)
Sallie Mae - (250-750 caps on gas/grocery-bookstore)

any thoughts are appreciated. Should I try to PC most cards rather than App for it? Apply for just one chase card to get more CL (working now, can report higher income)

rated:
Rec'd a targeted email offer for AMEX Blue Cash Everyday.  $150 bonus for $500 spend in 90 days.

Has a higher bonus been offered in the past?

rated:
That seems pretty good. I believe that's what I got for my BCP a couple years ago (plus at the time there was FW CB in addition to that). But I believe the Everyday cars have typically been more in the $75-100 range.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Rec'd a targeted email offer for AMEX Blue Cash Everyday.  $150 bonus for $500 spend in 90 days.

Has a higher bonus been offered in the past?

A couple months ago I got a letter in the mail with a promo of $250 bonus for $1k spending.

rated:
I got $250 bonus after $1K spend in 3 months too (but that was in March earlier this year). I think they do alternate as I got $150 later in June.

rated:
dyce said:   Seeking advice from you guys.

Currently have in order of app:

Why did you ditch your Upromise card? I usually check Upromise first for online buys from WalMart.com, Bestbuy.com, Sears.com (yeah, I know), etc. I often get 5% off for Upromise membership and 5% extra for the card. I made $200 off this card for just a handful of purchases last year. You don't need to use the money for college education, you can use it for anything you want (it's cash!).

I even went the extra mile and set up a Sallie Mae savings account just for my Upromise rewards money. It transfers automatically, then I periodically reap the money into my investment accounts.

Note that Sallie Mae advertises that they give you an extra 10% for this setup, but that only works if you have $5000 in the savings account, which I don't.

You asked for suggestions, so here's one -- get a good, low-interest credit card account at one or more of the better credit unions. Look for one with a low interest rate that will let you do cash advances for no fee -- there are several of these around. I have a small stack of these cards ranging from 7% to 8% interest with no fees for cash advances or balance transfers. Then, only use it for profit-making opportunities or dire emergencies. This type of card came in handy when I changed companies and had to quickly pay off a 401(k) loan that I had taken out for home construction. You can also use it to get cash for buying a car, because cash has negotiating power, and then go back and finance the car from one of the same credit unions. Right now, my best low-interest credit union card has 7% interest, no cash advance fees, and no balance transfer fees. I can transfer cash into my checking account online today, and pay it back a few days from now for just a few dollars accrued interest.

There are also plenty of crappy credit unions around, so choose wisely.

Also, don't do this if you have any inclination at all to overspend. Let's all be safe out there.

rated:
searchlight said:   
dyce said:   Seeking advice from you guys.

Currently have in order of app:

Why did you ditch your Upromise card? I usually check Upromise first for online buys from WalMart.com, Bestbuy.com, Sears.com (yeah, I know), etc. I often get 5% off for Upromise membership and 5% extra for the card. I made $200 off this card for just a handful of purchases last year. You don't need to use the money for college education, you can use it for anything you want (it's cash!).

I even went the extra mile and set up a Sallie Mae savings account just for my Upromise rewards money. It transfers automatically, then I periodically reap the money into my investment accounts.

Note that Sallie Mae advertises that they give you an extra 10% for this setup, but that only works if you have $5000 in the savings account, which I don't.

You asked for suggestions, so here's one -- get a good, low-interest credit card account at one or more of the better credit unions. Look for one with a low interest rate that will let you do cash advances for no fee -- there are several of these around. I have a small stack of these cards ranging from 7% to 8% interest with no fees for cash advances or balance transfers. Then, only use it for profit-making opportunities or dire emergencies. This type of card came in handy when I changed companies and had to quickly pay off a 401(k) loan that I had taken out for home construction. You can also use it to get cash for buying a car, because cash has negotiating power, and then go back and finance the car from one of the same credit unions. Right now, my best low-interest credit union card has 7% interest, no cash advance fees, and no balance transfer fees. I can transfer cash into my checking account online today, and pay it back a few days from now for just a few dollars accrued interest.

There are also plenty of crappy credit unions around, so choose wisely.

Also, don't do this if you have any inclination at all to overspend. Let's all be safe out there.

I got impatient, i only got the extra 5% from one purchase of 5. the other ones I never got credit for due to FW/SD type of deals that involve coupons and such and that ruined the CashBack, kinda wish i still had the upromise, its a lot better than the card they gave me.

Would the Barclay Ring be worthy? it has only a $1 dollar cash advance fee. But generally I only credit cards for points/CashBack, make deals even better, but who knows, it may be in handy in emergency.

rated:
What's the best Miles Card signup bonus available right now? Barclay's Arrival? What are the con's about this card. Is redemption difficult (restricted to certain airlines / time periods)?

What do you think about the Southwest Card w/ companion pass?

rated:
Best = depends. What kind of miles/points do you want?
Chase ink bold is better than both of those IMO

rated:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the "SD" part of "FW/SD"?

I have the Ring card, but the credit limit is too low to be particularly useful. I have much larger credit lines from some credit unions.

rated:
sd=slickdeals.com

rated:
I don't plan on making a miles card my everyday card. I just want to capitalize on sign up bonuses. I'm based in the Bay Area and would enjoy taking a trip to NYC next year.  No preference for any airlines. No plans on taking international trips.

rated:
imbatman said:   sd=slickdeals.com
  slickdeals.net - but hopefully it was obvious anyway.

rated:
Chase Freedom Q4 activation is up.

rated:
What is the best credit card for gas station purchases? I don't want a gas card, I'm looking at buying Vanilla Reload gift cards and want the most Cash Back or miles.

rated:
Are there any good Chase promotions going on right now? I've had the rapid rewards card for a couple years and don't want to pay another $100 annual fee so I'm thinking about converting it before the year.

rated:
Are there any good Chase promotions going on right now? I've had the rapid rewards card for a couple years and don't want to pay another $100 annual fee so I'm thinking about converting it before the year.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1114115116117 118
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014