• filter:
  • 1120121122123 124
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Consider Sallie Mae MC by Barclays.  Works for me.

rated:
Does anyone know of a Visa or MasterCard with a spend signup bonus, no annual fee, and no foreign transaction fee which is NOT a Capital One and not the BankAmericard Travel Rewards?

rated:
Barclay arrival+

rated:
Heard there's secret credit cards for grocery stores from Credit Unions.

rated:
What's the best credit card for you? That all depends on a variety of factors, including your credit score, lifestyle and spending habits. you would be better off with a card that offers some kind of reward when you spend.
Bank Americard Cash Rewards™ credit card is a cash rewards credit card with no annual fee† for those of you who like to earn cash rewards when you make purchases. With this card, you will get a $100  bonus after you make at least $500 in purchases in the first 90 days.
Chase Slate is a balance transfer card that lets you transfer a balance within the first 60 days after account opening with a $0 intro balance transfer fee.

rated:
Seems like ppl just like to come on here & vote red for no apparent reason. Get a life.

rated:
in2dadark said:   Seems like ppl just like to come on here & vote red for no apparent reason. Get a life.
  Sorry, I had to.

rated:
Any suggestion for a MC or Visa with no annual fee? Mostly purchases will be at restaurants (so looking for CashBack mostly at restaurants), some on grocery. Credit score isn't an issue.

rated:
I received a letter saying that my Chase AARP card 3% travel program is going to be converted to 3% restaurant/gas. My guess is that's universal, not just my card.

rated:
The Chase AARP site shows both available:

https://creditcards.chase.com/aarp/cardmember

rated:
  I would suggest you short simple and straight answer AMEX or VISA leading credit card issuer and maintenance firms.

rated:
Have some unusual medical bills coming up that will require spending upwards of $1k (possibly $2k or more) in a relatively short period of time. Figured it might be time to look at a new card with a signup bonus to try and get the most out of that. If the card also is able to fill a hole in my current cards in terms of rewards longer term, that would be great too.

Current cards, for reference:
Chase Freedom
Amex Blue Cash Preferred
Penfed Amex Travel
Penfed Platinum Rewards

rated:
I just got my new NBA Amex (no annual fee). I pay my annual auto and home insurance every June, so 5% Cash Back. I am also going to prepay some utility bills for about half year. Do the same thing again next year NBA all-star weekend. I may also stock some Costco gift card which is never on sale.
What else should I buy during these two weeks (NBA Finals)?

Edit: Don't forget $100 points with $500 purchase

rated:
minggang said:   I just got my new NBA Amex (no annual fee). I pay my annual auto and home insurance every June, so 5% Cash Back. I am also going to prepay some utility bills for about half year. Do the same thing again next year NBA all-star weekend. I may also stock some Costco gift card which is never on sale.
What else should I buy during these two weeks (NBA Finals)?

Edit: Don't forget $100 points with $500 purchase

It may help to pay some other things ahead: health insurance, utilities, phone, internet, cable,  any recurring bill that will allow you to pay ahead.   They might even give you a discount for paying in advance -- and you don't have to pay up the credit card right away because you get 0% purchase APR for six months.

You could stock up on non-perishable groceries, too.   

rated:
Well, I was approved but do not know CL yet. BUT.. how do we know they will allow large purchases to go thru during the 2 week period? My 2k home owners and auto is also due the middle of June. So I guess we should call ahead to avoid "fraud stops". Also was planning to buy OV cards in CVS and will call ahead with some BS story as to what I am buying. If they give fraud alerts and stop these charges, the card could be a huge waste of a hard pull!

rated:
also, phone/internet/cable can be paid with chase Ink or Amex business for the 5%. Utilities is a great choice for this card. My company does allow extra payments.

rated:
How long before you can circle back around & sign up for a card w/ a bonus?

rated:
in2dadark said:   How long before you can circle back around & sign up for a card w/ a bonus?
  depends on the bank. here's my view (may or may not be completely accurate):
Bonus churning       months

amex   personal - no    
    business yes   12

boa   yes - don't need to close  

barclays   yes     6

chase   yes?     24

citi   yes     18 - 24

us bank   maybe      

cap one   yes - don't need to close 24

wells fargo no      

rated:
Wow. Thanks.

Longer than I thought.

rated:
well, just alternate..there are so many cards with bonuses unless you really want a specific card by the time you cycle through them once it will take you that long.

as always, read the fine print since more and more they are very clear how long you have to wait..the above is just my accumulated reading of various forums.

rated:
barrytuneup said:   Well, I was approved but do not know CL yet. BUT.. how do we know they will allow large purchases to go thru during the 2 week period? My 2k home owners and auto is also due the middle of June. So I guess we should call ahead to avoid "fraud stops". Also was planning to buy OV cards in CVS and will call ahead with some BS story as to what I am buying. If they give fraud alerts and stop these charges, the card could be a huge waste of a hard pull!

rated:
millervtranger said:   
in2dadark said:   How long before you can circle back around & sign up for a card w/ a bonus?
  depends on the bank. here's my view (may or may not be completely accurate):

Bonus churning       months

amex   personal - no    
    business yes   12

boa   yes - don't need to close  

barclays   yes     6

chase   yes?     24

citi   yes     18 - 24

us bank   maybe      

cap one   yes - don't need to close 24

wells fargo no      

should turn this into a thread.

rated:
i paid with CC for OV at CVS. Depends on store/clerk.. been doing that for years (CC payment.)

rated:
EDIT: whoops my bad I had those cards mixed up. Your right CC are fine. I was thinking about the old Vanilla Reloads

rated:
searchlight said:   I thought maybe it makes sense to go with AmEx next since they backdate their cards.
  They don't do this anymore. They will backdate your "member since" date, but they wont backdate your credit report until then.

rated:
shitrus said:   
searchlight said:   I thought maybe it makes sense to go with AmEx next since they backdate their cards.
  They don't do this anymore. They will backdate your "member since" date, but they wont backdate your credit report until then.

When did they stop doing it?

rated:
tjguitar85 said:   
shitrus said:   

When did they stop doing it?

Back in March. I posted a link to in the Plentiful thread discussing the change.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1120121122123 124
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015