• filter:
  • 1113114115116 117
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
cknutrine6954 said:   thanks daw4888. southwest makes good sense as i have 11000 miles already in my account. if I get both cards approved it works perfect. I am not sure about the business card though. I can not think of anything for business card

I used to tutor a few kids when I was in college that paid very low amounts.  When I applied for a Biz card I just said that was my business.  Or if you have ever considered starting a business just try using that as your idea.  

rated:
Exactly. Even something like "Cknutrine6954 Research" or "Cknutrine6954 Consulting" should be good enough.

rated:
daw4888 said:   
cknutrine6954 said:   thanks daw4888. southwest makes good sense as i have 11000 miles already in my account. if I get both cards approved it works perfect. I am not sure about the business card though. I can not think of anything for business card

I used to tutor a few kids when I was in college that paid very low amounts.  When I applied for a Biz card I just said that was my business.  Or if you have ever considered starting a business just try using that as your idea.  

it depends. When did you earn the 11,000 miles? You have to earn all 110k SW miles in one calendar year.
Do you ever sell anything? If so, then you have a business.  Have you thought about selling things? Maybe this card is the one you will want to put expenses on.

rated:
I have 6000 miles from this year.

@jcantanixon- sounds like a good idea. Time to look up the business link. received the offer for personal card in snail mail.

Thanks a lot for your help daw, imbatman and jcantanixon.

rated:
i did sell my books on eBay, but that was 3-4 years back.

rated:
cknutrine6954 said:   I have 6000 miles from this year.

@jcantanixon- sounds like a good idea. Time to look up the business link. received the offer for personal card in snail mail.

Thanks a lot for your help daw, imbatman and jcantanixon.

Then that works perfect.  If you get the SW personal and biz card, just putting the min 2k spending on each will push you over the 110k needed for the companion pass.

rated:
when I click the link from the other thread, it does not mention type of the card. How do I know if it is for personal or biz card?

rated:
offers details at the bottom
"
footnote2 return to main body content
Bonus Points

This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this business credit card"

rated:
foot note 2 "This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months."

rated:
Both links take me to consumer credit card

rated:
cknutrine6954 said:   Both links take me to consumer credit card
  on the link, there's another link for business card.

rated:
imbatman said:   
cknutrine6954 said:   Both links take me to consumer credit card
  on the link, there's another link for business card.

I am missing something here. I can not find the link to biz card. Can you please post the link here. Thanks

rated:
Is it really that easy to get a biz card? About five years ago I picked up two biz cards easily, but earlier this year I tried to get a Chase Ink card and they gave me a very hard time about it, questioning every little aspect of my "business". My answers didn't work for them. I just assumed they were cracking down.

rated:
I'm agree with AMEX you can go for it...

rated:
Chase AARP has 3% back for travel

rated:
There is a new card from Citi out: almost 2% Cash Back and no anual fee. See discussion in the forum http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1386753/. Or on Citi's website https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/detail.do?ID=citi-double-cash-credit-card

rated:
My cards now are Chase Sapphire, Amex Hilton Hhonors, Discover More being converted to Discover IT, Barclays Arrival. I quit using capital one due to poor customer service. I only use free non fee based credit cards. I have lots of hilton points from surveys so I keep the card active even though point valuation has declined.

According to jd power the best issuers are Amex, Discover, Chase and Barclays so even if others have higher rewards, i stick with these 4 issuers..

rated:
I currently have a Capital One Venture One card and just cashed out all of my points. Is there any reason to hang on to this instead of applying for a Quicksilver? They seem pretty similar aside from the 1.25 and 1.5% for rewards.
I'm living and working overseas at the moment so a card without a foreign transaction fee is always handy.

I also have the terrible Bank of America Amex World Points card with a $13,000 credit line. I never use it and it's my 3rd oldest card. Should I convert it to one of their other cards? Leave it as-is? Or cancel and apply for one of their other cards?
Converting it would mean no sign-up bonus, but also no hard inquiry.

rated:
mogbert1 said:   I currently have a Capital One Venture One card and just cashed out all of my points. Is there any reason to hang on to this instead of applying for a Quicksilver? They seem pretty similar aside from the 1.25 and 1.5% for rewards.
I'm living and working overseas at the moment so a card without a foreign transaction fee is always handy.

I also have the terrible Bank of America Amex World Points card with a $13,000 credit line. I never use it and it's my 3rd oldest card. Should I convert it to one of their other cards? Leave it as-is? Or cancel and apply for one of their other cards?
Converting it would mean no sign-up bonus, but also no hard inquiry.

i would convert it to better balance for $100\120 year

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1113114115116 117
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014