• filter:
  • 1122123124125 126
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I don't use the card anymore. Too much frustrations.

rated:
I received a new card 2 months ago, never knew there was a problem. The letter stated 'due to security concerns"

rated:
I complained about the transaction denial with BOA and asked that someone worth their weight implement a form of notification to the customer using the card 1st before any denial. I specifically told them I was on vacation and in an area where the card was used in the past. The transaction amount was for typical spend too. I was with my 9 year old when my Fidelity card was denied, and had to call the bank in the parking lot in front of my kid to fix it so that he knew there was not a problem with his dad. I told the bank on the phone that I instead used one of their competitor's rewards card and they quickly apologized, at 1st not even caring. Just last week there was an announcement from Bank of America that they implemented some form of notification for the customer but you have to sign up, but there is no way for me to determine how to implement that for the Fidelity card as it seems to be off the reservation... If anyone knows how to get it working (i.e. the new notification option) for Fidelity AMEX, please shout out.

rated:
Took out the AMEX preferred card not knowing there was a fee. Took it for the 150 after 1k spend. Called & they said if the account is closed within 60 days, it's refunded. Thought I'd share that if it wasn't already.

rated:
in2dadark said:   Took out the AMEX preferred card not knowing there was a fee. Took it for the 150 after 1k spend. Called & they said if the account is closed within 60 days, it's refunded. Thought I'd share that if it wasn't already.
  Oh I didn't notice that, thanks for the warning.

rated:
About to do a few applications for spend bonuses, compiling a list. Any other card offers to consider?

make model spend months bonus %
amex bce 500 25 0.05
chase sapphire preferred 4000 3 400 0.1
chase ink 5000 3 500 0.1
citi thankyou premeir 3000 3 500 0.1666666667
citi thankyou preferred 1500 3 200 0.1333333333
citi AT&T Access More 2000 3 650 0.325 phone
chase IHG(R) Rewards Club Select Credit Card 1000 3 300 0.3
bankamer MLB® BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ MasterCard 500 3 100 0.2
bankamer BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card 500 3 100 0.2
cap1 Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card 3000 3 400 0.1333333333
cap1 Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card 500 100 0.2
td TD Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card 1500 3 200 0.1333333333
cap1 Capital One Spark Business 4500 3 500 0.1111111111

rated:
I wouldn't waste my tine on any of those except Sapphire Preferred, Ink and Spark.

rated:
tjguitar85 said:   I wouldn't waste my tine on any of those except Sapphire Preferred, Ink and Spark.
  Why not? Please explain.

rated:
princesspool said:   
tjguitar85 said:   I wouldn't waste my tine on any of those except Sapphire Preferred, Ink and Spark.
  Why not? Please explain.

He's a TY point hater, he doesn't like to apply for cards with less than 400 signup bonus, and like many of us hates CapOne except find value in a 2% card.
Remove the Citi cards, CapOne card, and cards with like 0-350 and you're pretty much left with those three he said.

you're focusing on % CB even though it's capped at low amounts, he (and I) focus on CB per hard credit pull. I also value mine at around $400 per pull.

rated:
Yeah, imbatman basically summed it up. I still haven't pulled the trigger on the CapitalOne Spark. A pull on every bureau seems steep, but it's an easy $500. I guess I'll do it eventually.

rated:
Hi Guys. Wondering about getting the Fidelity Visa. 1.5cb for first 15k, then 2%. Basically I see it as a 2% back card with a $75 yearly fee as I will always use it over 15k. Is this the best CB Visa? I do a lot of spending at Costco and they will only accept Visa starting April of next year.

Also, is it a problem getting the Visa when you already have the Amex? With BOA I have the Fido Amex at 45k, and Alaska Visa at $20k. I am hoping they will be okay with me getting the Visa and if the CL isn't great they will let me move some limit around. This sound likely? I have great credit so that shouldn't affect any of this.

rated:
buy costco cards online with a 2% card, use in store.
many people have both amex and visa version.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1122123124125 126
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015