• filter:
  • 1 2345111
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I have a chase with 5% CB grocery, gas, drug stores, 1% on everything else.

Ads by Google
rated:
clearanceman said: I have a chase with 5% CB grocery, gas, drug stores, 1% on everything else.

Please provide a method to apply for this card for others who wish to join in your good fortune. Oh right, Chase isn't issuing that card anymore.

rated:
FIA Quatum is no longer a prestige card in my option. I have one got notice yesterday they are droping Primary Car renters insuranc, Droping Conceige service, Droping travel service, raising Forex Fee from 1% to 3% all on June 1 2007.

Another Prestige card to add to your list might be following:

Citibank Chairman card while not hard to get is much better high end card than FIA Quatum
Citibank Private Bank AA Select Visa card - have to have an account at CPB but this is only no mileage cap AA credit card in the world.

rated:
clearanceman said: I have a chase with 5% CB grocery, gas, drug stores, 1% on everything else.

I have this one as well, but we're talking about ACTIVE cards you can apply for now

rated:
There is the Countrywide 2% back on everything if applied to your Mortgage card, too. 1% in cash rewards.

rated:
FastFood said: I just looked at chase website and the Freedom card has 3% Gas rebate instead of 3.75% listed in Quick Summary. Can someone point out how and where to get 3.75%? Thanks.

Answering myself: save up to $200 in rewards and redeem for $250 Cash Back!

This is also 3.75% back on Groceries and quick service restaurants.

I guess some cards also give back extra at drug stores?

rated:
For all purchases that don't qualify for 5% with my chase cards I use CITI Diamond Preferred Rewards and get 2%. I know we only get the 2% for one year but it seems they keep offering this card, I saw it again the other day and even had the 10,000 bonus. When I get close to the end of my first year I will get another in my wife's name

rated:
WalStMonky said: clearanceman said: I have a chase with 5% CB grocery, gas, drug stores, 1% on everything else.

Please provide a method to apply for this card for others who wish to join in your good fortune. Oh right, Chase isn't issuing that card anymore.

Didn't know that, can you still convert an existing card to this program? I originally converted my card to the program last year. Don't know if that is still an option.

rated:
I added a new category, "invite only" with the RBS 3% card on it.

rated:
Thanks for the wonderful responses. I'll check in from time to time to fill out the descriptions and provide links.

However, if your favorite card is missing or you feel like you have a better description, link, or category go ahead and modify the quick summary (please respect what others have done!).

rated:
I modified the quick summary to include a link to a new 0%/low APR thread started recently by markber. That should satisfy the desire to have access to BT cards, but keep OP's desire to keep 0% offers elsewhere.

rated:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Penfed's $500 secured card better than BOAs?

rated:
If you think it's good go ahead and add the Penfed secured card. I added a couple of cardoffers links I had on hand and the wells fargo secured.

rated:
Discover Gas Card: 5% on gasoline purchase and auto maintenance up to $1,200 annually.

rated:
Added Citi Home Rebate. Removed Advanta Business card (its tiered now and sucks).

rated:
Argh, I didn't realize there was a 12 month 6% offer for the Citi Home Rebate card. I just signed up through cardoffers with 6% for 6 months.

rated:
Cool, thx.

rated:
ToHellWithUGA said: Argh, I didn't realize there was a 12 month 6% offer for the Citi Home Rebate card. I just signed up through cardoffers with 6% for 6 months.

How does the number of months matter, citicards normally have a cap and you'll max it out in a month or two anyway...

rated:
The information on that web is so scewed it not even funny. Plus that webpage is referal program does not work. I am sure there is a reason he picked the cards he did. I am sure discover pays the highest commsion from sign up bonus followed by advanta which is why he threw in $50 of office supplies a month in his budget LOL who hell spends $600 for office supplies for there personal use.

He picked the worst Chase card. He gave Citibank 5X TY point card in EDS a worse score than Gas Discover which is a tired reward program which only pays 5% on Gas and biggest expensive by almost 3X anything else is Supermarkets. Then he compared only lowest redemtion levels which some cards only redemtion levels over 5000 points are at 1:1 while others start with as little as 2500 points.

Citibank Diamond cards should have blown everyone else out of the water more than 33% of all charges would fit in 5% EDS stuff should have been 2nd only to ATT card which adds bonus on ATT services on top of the EDS places. He picked chases 1:1 card except Chase still offers freedom card on there web page which is 3:1 in EDS. AMEX always have 2:1 promo on there charges 2X a year in april till july at markets/gas station if they do same as last year and double points on everything for Nov-Dec.

No Idea how he calculated discover gas card as I get less than $12 because between 0-3000 in non gas charges you are only getting 0.25% Cash Back bonus and above $3000 you getting 1%. He got 679 of non gas purchase per month so that is $8148 a year which equals $5.14+0.75+5.40(gas bonus)=$11.29 yearly bonus and not 19.07 he got unless he counting insurance and car rentals as 5% which they dont also plus did not take into account the fact Discover pays 0.25% for first 3K in non gas purchases.

rated:
It's spam. [Referring to a post that was modded out; dolmar referenced it above, too.]

Check out Leafgreen's comment on this page on the SF Chronicle's website: link. And here: link. Don't forget the WashingtonPost: here.

rated:
Excellent work OP.

The AMEX Cash Rebate/Blue cash you included has a 4+ year old thread here. I don't think it needs more updates, but would be glad to revise the OP if so.

rated:
Noob Question, in this description:

1.25% Penfed: no caps, no tiers, monthly credits, plus 5% gas ca$h back

What does the 1.25% refer to?

I assume that Penfed requires some qualification for membership that I don't have, but I the 1.25 seemed to low to be an APR.

rated:
bula said: Noob Question, in this description:

1.25% Penfed: no caps, no tiers, monthly credits, plus 5% gas ca$h back

What does the 1.25% refer to?

I assume that Penfed requires some qualification for membership that I don't have, but I the 1.25 seemed to low to be an APR.

1.25% is the reward for that card, %5 on gas, 1.25% for everything else.
Yes, penfed is a credit union so there are membership requirements, but there are orginizations you can join to qualify for membership, os in effect is open to everyone.

rated:
Don't forget the Advanta Business Rewards card. 5% Cash Back on gasoline, office supplies, utilities, computer equipment, cell phones and Internet services, and 1% on all other purchases.

rated:
ccrebater said: Don't forget the Advanta Business Rewards card. 5% Cash Back on gasoline, office supplies, utilities, computer equipment, cell phones and Internet services, and 1% on all other purchases.

As far as I know, you can no longer apply for the flat 5% Cash Back card (cardoffers.com is out of date I think). The new one may have a tier that reaches 5% but I believe it is only after you have purchased tends of thousands of dollars at lower tiers and then it is capped before the next spending tier goes down again.

Discontinued cards are the enemy of making this thread useful.

However, if you meant the new tiered card and feel like you can accurately describe the tiers, feel free to add it to the quick summary.

rated:
ccrebater said: Don't forget the Advanta Business Rewards card. 5% Cash Back on gasoline, office supplies, utilities, computer equipment, cell phones and Internet services, and 1% on all other purchases.

You mean this?

From "ADVANTA PLATINUM BUSINESS CARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS"

Cash Back rewards are also earned on the Bonus categories of "gasoline and diesel fuel," "computers, computer supplies, electronics and office supplies," and "utilities and telecommunications." Cash Back rewards on Bonus category qualifying purchases are earned as follows:
1.00% on up to $20,000 in purchases;
2.00% on purchases between $20,001 and $30,000;
5.00% on purchases between $30,001 and $50,000;
and 0.50% on purchases over $50,000.

rated:
How about GM Card? It gives 5% cash savings towards a new car purchase. Although its a shame they only let you get $500 in annual savings.

rated:
I added a new category for foreign spending

rated:
Am I just blind, or is a section on Travel not there?

I.e. the AM.EX costco card gives 2% back on travel, some business cards do travel rebates as well.

rated:
OK, first post for me, so please be nice.
I've searched for this but can't seem to find. How about adding info on what credit score is needed to obtain each of these cards? Some of us are still working on building ours up.

Thanks for all the info and the help!

rated:
if you have no credit history, better check some local credit unions. They'll have secured cards with no charge. Only catch is, you need to open a savings account with them.

I opened my first credit card with co-operative services credit union (www.cscu.org) in michigan. $2(two dollar one time) for membership and $500 savings account got me my first secured VISA card. This is better than the Wells Fargo and BOA secured cards that charges $18 and $29 per year as fees. Also you get interest on your savings account.

rated:
thinwalletfatdreams said: OK, first post for me, so please be nice.
I've searched for this but can't seem to find. How about adding info on what credit score is needed to obtain each of these cards? Some of us are still working on building ours up.

Thanks for all the info and the help!

There are two secured credit cards listed under the "No Credit" header. As far as the rest of the cards go, I'm sure you'll find someone with "excellent" credit who got turned and someone with marginal credit who got approved. Besides that, very few people know their actual credit score at the time of approval.

I have triple report monitoring with three FAKOs and the WaMu PFICO score reporting to me and I couldn't tell you my "real" credit score within +/- 25 points to save my life.

rated:
Thanks, good points here. I should clarify that I have credit, I'm just in the process of repairing it after being stupid in college. I know there are cards out there that I can qualify for, but don't want to rack up unnecessary inquiries.

As far as the scores, I am in the process of buying a first house and have found that the My Fico site has been completely accurate in giving me the same scores as my mortgage brokers are getting. It's more expensive, but the accuracy is worth it.

I hate to do this, but if there's a thread somewhere for people like me trying to obtain credit cards as part of the repair process I haven't been able to find it, so I'd appreciate a point in the right direction if you know of one.

Thanks!

rated:
Oh, if anyone is willing to help me out directly, my FICO Equifax is 664, which is up 56 points in exactly two months. Was mid-500's 3rd Q 06. This is my mid-score but don't know exactly what the other two are at the moment as they are changing so quickly. Like I said, I made some dumb mistakes a few years ago.

rated:
I have the following credit cards:

Bank of America World Mastercard for Billpayment feature
Bank Of America American Express for low cost cash advance (1.90%)
Chase Visa Signature (0% Purchase RATE for 15 mth with REBATE program)
Chase Freedom Mastercard World 3%/1% rebate card (had Chase Visa Platinum where a promo rate ran out so I converted it)
HSBC Direct Rewards 5% CashBack tiered card (up to 5%)
Discover Card which I was going to cancel but they came back with a nice promo BT rate. Will try to cancel again and see if they come back with any offers, if not I will junk it since I never use it.
and another Chase Visa Platinum with a 0% promo rate on it for 15 mths......
American Express Clear
American Express Blue

Had a Citibank rewards card but they lowered the rebate and gave me a low credit limit and so I cancelled it out.

rated:
thinwalletfatdreams said: Oh, if anyone is willing to help me out directly, my FICO Equifax is 664, which is up 56 points in exactly two months. Was mid-500's 3rd Q 06. This is my mid-score but don't know exactly what the other two are at the moment as they are changing so quickly. Like I said, I made some dumb mistakes a few years ago.

If you already have credit cards, keeping the utilization low, never being late, etc should be enough. I had a 750 credit score using 1 credit card (pre-fwf days).

I'm sorry but I don't know how to help you. There are some Capital One cards that explicitly say "for damaged credit" but I don't know if they are worth the annual fee if you already have credit cards.

You could always ask your question in the credit score thread.

rated:
vytautasvaicys said: How about GM Card? It gives 5% cash savings towards a new car purchase. Although its a shame they only let you get $500 in annual savings.

This is exactly the point of this thread, I'm glad you brought it up. I hear people mentioning this card but as far as I know you can't apply for it by phone or online anymore.

If you can provide one of those, feel free to contribute to the quick summary.

rated:
ummm...what about the Chase PerfectCard? 3% gas 1% everywhere else...credits next statement

It's a basic card compared to what's available, but it's very convenient

oh yeah! The Costco/AMEX TrueEarnings card also has the 2% for travel related stuff...

(The UPS credit card also looks decent...)

rated:
I am a student looking for a new CC and the mtvU card looks appealing to me, however I went to the website and noticed it said 5 points per dollar spent at restaurants, bookstores, record stores, movie theaters and video rental stores. I are these 5 points equal to 5 cents? I looked at the Thank You network and the only thing I see in terms of getting a % back is redeeming thank you points for statement credits. And these are not good deals: $15 Statement Credit for 3,000 points. This means if I spend $600 on movies then I would get $15 back which is 2.5%. I am dumb and confused please help

rated:
I deleted the Orchard Bank 2% card from the wiki, because I don't think it's a good card for most people. See this fatwallet thread. Almost everyone who has applied for it (myself included) received a card with a ridiculously low credit limit and an annual fee. Some people lucked out and got a card with a $1500 limit and no annual fee, but they seemed to be in the minority. If someone wants to roll the dice, they can apply for this card, but I wouldn't put it on a list of "best credit cards available."

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 2345111
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014