• filter:
  • 143 44 454647111
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Anyone seen a good one with 12-15 months but a low balance transfer fee? The fee that I usually see is 3% of the balance...

rated:
kmsandrbs said:
Our current plan is to get an Alaska Airlines card.
We actually do not travel much; we are in the western US, so when we do, most of the time we can fly Alaska, and when we don't we can almost always fly one of their partner airlines.
The Airlines card seems a risk, but also potentially higher return.

In general, if one plans to keep a card (and not churn it for the sign up bonuses) airline cards usually only make sense to those who travel at least a few times per year and have the flexibility to periodically charge their plane tickets on the card to earn the higher point values. In general, the same statement is true with hotel cards (with the possible exception of the AMEX SPG and HHONORS cards); unless one charges hotel stays at the chain (to earn the higher point values)other cards may be more beneficial from an earning standpoint. Another caveat is that hotel points and airline miles can expire if there is no activity. For most programs activity means earning or spending miles/points and the inactivity period can be as short as 12 months. If you do decide to play the points/miles game, be sure to keep an eye on those points and feed the accounts points/miles regularly.

rated:
footballplayr83 said: Anyone seen a good one with 12-15 months but a low balance transfer fee? The fee that I usually see is 3% of the balance...

PenFed's balance transfer fee is waived through April 30.

rated:
Argyll said: footballplayr83 said: Anyone seen a good one with 12-15 months but a low balance transfer fee? The fee that I usually see is 3% of the balance...

PenFed's balance transfer fee is waived through April 30.

That one sounds like a good one, but I can't find it online. Can you post a link? How do I find it?

thanks

rated:
Type in PenFed on Google. It's the first listing. It is unbelievable you cannot find it. It's also listed in the QS for this forum.

https://www.penfed.org/productsAndRates/creditCards/balanceTransfer.asp

rated:
I am looking for a visa or master card that has 0% promo for at least 12 months as a spending card for my DW's upcoming mini-AOR(which will be just US bank and Barclays)
I would like it to be non-major, generous limit card and preferably with rewards.

All I find are like chase, citi, bofa and elan. Chase has some fancy cards with good promo apr and rewards but I need a stable, ensured CL for full promo period.
Do you have any issuers? Six months will be just fine if 12's are hard to find.
This has become really scarce....

rated:
Just updating after my request for advice ... was approved today for the Schwab 2%. Asked me a few questions, but seemed fairly straightforward.

rated:
Anyone seen 12 months no interest with low Balance transfer fee? I called Citi today, they have a 15 month no interest card, but a 3% fee. I tried to get them to waive it and they said no... I really don't want to have to pay as much as 3%...

rated:
ur 2 years late to that party

rated:
Chase Freedom's rotating category appears to be back with a 5% CashBack? It almost seems too good to be true for Chase, now a leader in customer unfriendliness. Does anyone know the details?

rated:
baroccobebop said: Chase Freedom's rotating category appears to be back with a 5% CashBack? It almost seems too good to be true for Chase, now a leader in customer unfriendliness. Does anyone know the details?

See discussion here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/993404

and another here: http://www.cardratings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22453&p=147451#p147451

Seems like a good deal to me. I've never had any problems with Chase's customer service. YMMV. I have a Chase Freedom Plus (3% on top 6 categories, no cap, $250 for $200 redemption option), so I didn't want to mess with that. Wife had a plain old Chase Freedom (3% on top 3 categories with cap), so I signed her card up for the 5% plan. Will be talking to a Chase banker about linking to our Chase checking account to get an extra 10% on the bonus, plus 10 points for each transaction.

Chris.

rated:
Looking to do a business card AOR to raise money for my business. I already have chase cards and the usual. Looking for the cards that are a little harder to find. What do you guys reccomend as far as business cards. I am a real estate developer and don't need all 0% deals. High credit lines and decent terms after the promo period is more important to me. HHI 150k Equifax 693, tu 724, exp 688. On a side note if anyone has some credit lines and want a better return than they are getting from there banks I can offer a better interest rate secured by real estate. For more info feel free to contact me. Thank you in advance.
I also posted in the AOR thread.

rated:
pasq said: On a side note if anyone has some credit lines and want a better return than they are getting from there banks I can offer a better interest rate secured by real estateHow do you secure it by Real Estate?

rated:
It would be interesting to see if anyone out there has equity in their real estate property these days

rated:
stewartrobs said: How to gain more and spend less!

A daily newsletter of 2010 with smoking hot exceptional service and was announce to be accurate by individuals all over the country.

TrustedGainingStocks

Why don't you stop registering under different names and posting this same spam over and over again

rated:
Alcibiades said: pasq said: On a side note if anyone has some credit lines and want a better return than they are getting from there banks I can offer a better interest rate secured by real estateHow do you secure it by Real Estate?

He's most likely talking about tax lien certificates where you can earn anywhere from 8% to 16% annually. However, if these taxes become uncollectable, then you can essentially take ownership of the real estate instead. The problem here is that most people are not experienced when it comes to real estate and will not know what to do with the property.

rated:
I have real estate that is paid for, no liens, no mortgage.

rated:
Alcibiades said: pasq said: On a side note if anyone has some credit lines and want a better return than they are getting from there banks I can offer a better interest rate secured by real estateHow do you secure it by Real Estate?

I own real estate that is paid for free and clear, no mortgage, no liens.

rated:
baroccobebop said: Chase Freedom's rotating category appears to be back with a 5% CashBack? It almost seems too good to be true for Chase, now a leader in customer unfriendliness. Does anyone know the details?
might want to read this before going with chase

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/credit_cards/chase_credit_cards.h...

rated:
CHaoZ said: baroccobebop said: Chase Freedom's rotating category appears to be back with a 5% CashBack? It almost seems too good to be true for Chase, now a leader in customer unfriendliness. Does anyone know the details?
might want to read this before going with chase

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/credit_cards/chase_credit_cards.h...

Most regular readers on FWF know that Chase, Citi, etc. are banks that play games with consumers, trying to trap consumers into paying high fees, interest rates, etc. and will cut credit limits whenever the winds change direction. So we play the same game with them, but in reverse: we maximize our rewards and then pay the balance in full and churn cards for signup bonuses so they don't make money from us.

Folks who don't want to play this type of game, should still diversify their credit card portfolio into four or five cards issued by different issuers (for example a Visa, MC, AMEX, and a Discover card) with one of the issuer being a credit union and use all the cards periodically. When an issuer shows you that they no longer want you as a customer, don't get upset - just get another card with someone else. Diversification is the only way a consumer can help to protect themselves from a banks "computer-model" decisionmaking.

rated:
Penfed, USAA, & AMEX are all I have and seem to be the best at what they do.

rated:
Looking around for a new business credit card.. currently have the AMEX Gold, not thrilled with it, basically just 1% back in the form of MR points.

Putting about 60-80k on the card per year, most in the form of sports merchandise/supplies/entertainment. So, a card that is geared towards things like fuel, typical office supply stores, etc isn't really a good fit for my business. The business credit card section on the first page looks pretty thin .. seems that there isn't much over the general 1% back anyway that would fit my business, but figured I would ask to see if anyone knows anything.

Thanks!

rated:
schwab? but it maybe gone now

rated:
BilldaCat said: Looking around for a new business credit card.. currently have the AMEX Gold, not thrilled with it, basically just 1% back in the form of MR points.

Putting about 60-80k on the card per year, most in the form of sports merchandise/supplies/entertainment. So, a card that is geared towards things like fuel, typical office supply stores, etc isn't really a good fit for my business. The business credit card section on the first page looks pretty thin .. seems that there isn't much over the general 1% back anyway that would fit my business, but figured I would ask to see if anyone knows anything.

Thanks!

Fidelity

rated:
I was wondering if there is any card that provides price guarantee as one of the perks. I buy lot of things from Amazon and hate to see the prices reduce soon after I buy things. TIA.

rated:
sggujju said: I was wondering if there is any card that provides price guarantee as one of the perks. I buy lot of things from Amazon and hate to see the prices reduce soon after I buy things. TIA.

The Citi Forward gives 5% back at Amazon.com

rated:
Does anyone have experience paying rent with credit cards?

I have the Chase Freedom and want to use that. My apartment complex does auto-debit, I asked if they do credit cards and the person said I needed a "credit card check"...one of those checks that count against your card credit balance. Is this available for me?

rated:
blaze03 said: Does anyone have experience paying rent with credit cards?

I have the Chase Freedom and want to use that. My apartment complex does auto-debit, I asked if they do credit cards and the person said I needed a "credit card check"...one of those checks that count against your card credit balance. Is this available for me?

Careful with that. In *most* cases (and in *every* case I've seen from Chase in the last five years or so), credit card checks are processed as cash advances or balance transfers, which means you start paying interest on the money from the date the check clears, even if you pay your balance in full. Furthermore, they usually incur a cash-advance fee, typically around 5% these days, with a $5 or $10 minimum and no maximum. So if you made a $1000 rent payment with a credit card check, you'd be paying a $50 fee, plus whatever interest accrued on that $1000 between the time it cleared and the time you paid it off. Moreover, credit card checks do not generate Cash Back like a purchase, so you don't even get that.

It used to be fairly common for issuers to send "Purchase Checks" which you could use for purchases, with no fees and no interest impact, assuming you paid your balance in full each month. These checks, IME, are pretty rare these days. Capital One is one of the few issuers who seems to still send these out periodically. And these checks can be a good way to get a virtual "cash advance," because you don't pay interest on the funds as long as you PIF your account each month. But in any event, you don't earn any rewards on the checks.

I hope that helps.

Chris.

rated:
Hmm, you're right, thanks for the information...I knew it couldn't be practical or everyone would be doing it.

rated:
blaze03 said: Does anyone have experience paying rent with credit cards?

I opened a thread on the subject, no responses. You might want to google for apartment payment services to see if they might have your complex listed.

rated:
Great forum guys. I've lurked off and on for a while, but I'm finally diving in with what I'm sure is a noob question. Is the AMEX Centurion card only available to personal card accounts, or is there a Centurion card for small business and corporate accounts also?

rated:
Longhorn007 said: Great forum guys. I've lurked off and on for a while, but I'm finally diving in with what I'm sure is a noob question. Is the AMEX Centurion card only available to personal card accounts, or is there a Centurion card for small business and corporate accounts also?

Business & Personal

Right now, the rumor is personal cards are now by invitation only. But with all the wasteful business spending, if your a corporate guy, it may be easy

rated:
I'm looking for a first credit card and was hoping to get one with good Cash Back %... I'm only 22... and just got denied for the Discover open road card (probably because I don't have any credit)... any ideas on card/s that I might be approved for with good Cash Back that I would be approved for?

Thanks!!!!

rated:
Can't find fidelity business card. Do you have a website? Thanks

rated:
johnmayer said: I'm looking for a first credit card and was hoping to get one with good Cash Back %... I'm only 22... and just got denied for the Discover open road card (probably because I don't have any credit)... any ideas on card/s that I might be approved for with good Cash Back that I would be approved for?

Thanks!!!!

I got the Discover Student Card with no credit history. Anything with the word "student" in the title is going to be easier. You should also try for the Citi Forward (5% back at Amazon) I also got the Schwab card with no credit history, but that's not offered anymore.

rated:
UseTheForceJesus said: I got the Discover Student Card with no credit history. Anything with the word "student" in the title is going to be easier. You should also try for the Citi Forward (5% back at Amazon) I also got the Schwab card with no credit history, but that's not offered anymore.

With all these cards, by now you must have some credit history

rated:
Argyll said: UseTheForceJesus said: I got the Discover Student Card with no credit history. Anything with the word "student" in the title is going to be easier. You should also try for the Citi Forward (5% back at Amazon) I also got the Schwab card with no credit history, but that's not offered anymore.

With all these cards you must by now have some credit history

662, Bitches!

rated:
Thanks for this post. I learn new things from here.

rated:
Now that the Schwab card is gone, why isn't there any mention of the Capital One Venture for 2% back on everything?

Technically it's 2 miles per dollar, but these aren't like other airline miles. You can book on any airline or hotel, using any website and then Capital One pays for your ticket at a rate of 1 mile = 1 cent. If you spend more on airfare and hotels then you get in CashBack, then this card should be just as good as the Schwab Card. I think the Venture Card should be in the general category.

Also there are no forex fees and you get 10,000 miles = $100 bucks for signing up.

Capital One Venture

rated:
UseTheForceJesus said: Now that the Schwab card is gone, why isn't there any mention of the Capital One Venture for 2% back on everything?

Technically it's 2 miles per dollar, but these aren't like other airline miles. You can book on any airline or hotel, using any website and then Capital One pays for your ticket at a rate of 1 mile = 1 cent. If you spend more on airfare and hotels then you get in CashBack, then this card should be just as good as the Schwab Card. I think the Venture Card should be in the general category.

Also there are no forex fees and you get 10,000 miles = $100 bucks for signing up.

Capital One Venture

Capital One is a low-end option. The card has good features. Just the issuer behind it has a tendency to be anti-customer.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 143 44 454647111
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014