• 123 4 544
  • Page
  • Text Only
in for this 250 offer.....hope this comes....last time i had good success with sony 150 cards....
this is even better...anyone know how badly closing sony after getting 150 bonus and opening this new chase freedom for 250 and then even closing this one hurts our credit score.....how does it hurt? whats good time to keep the card open until?

mickcris said: I signed up for this last night and wasn't paying close enough attention. I don't know if the link i clicked on was for 0%, $50, or $250 bonus. I also already have a chase card so it may not matter anyways. I just wish there was some way I could figure out which one I did. I feel dumb.
oooopps...I transfered to chasefreedom last month and also no rewards

I have a Chase Sony Visa card. Does this count as a existing card member?

YiFeng said: I have a Chase Sony Visa card. Does this count as a existing card member?
you call them and make it sure

Just applied, got instant approval.

I am assuming that when they say "existing cardmembers", they are talking about current Chase Freedom holders.

At least I hope so, since this will be my 5th Chase card.

Application Approved

Congratulations. Your application has been approved. You will receive your card and complete account information within 2 weeks by mail.
-
Will check credit report later and update post.

perfect replacement for the citi card which i am about to sock drawer since receiving my "final notice" of april 14 that the CashBack will drop from 5% to 2%. Any tips on what to do with my CashBack? I have about 30 dollars left in there..

see the 250 offer page.
got instant approval
I also have 2 chanse cards

honghong322 said: perfect replacement for the citi card which i am about to sock drawer since receiving my "final notice" of april 14 that the CashBack will drop from 5% to 2%. Any tips on what to do with my CashBack? I have about 30 dollars left in there..
buy beer

Here's a thought (or a data point -- however you want to view it) on whether "existing cardmember" means "one has A Chase CC" or "one has a Chase FREEDOM CC": I've read (very carefully) about 75% of FW credit card related threads over last 2-3 months. Not a single time anyone mentioned that (s)he was denied a promotion/bonus (requiring being a first-time cardmember) on a specific CC (by any CC issuer) because (s)he already had some other CC from that issuer. This leads me to believe that if Chase screws people out of the $250 bonus on the grounds that a person already has some other (non-Freedom) credit card from Chase, it will the first of a kind thing ...

am i elligable if i already have some chase cards, but not a freedom card?

Squeezer99 said: am i elligable if i already have some chase cards, but not a freedom card?

PLEASE read the rest of the thread before asking a question that has been asked MULTIPLE TIMES!

nono, i mean any tips on how to redeem is. citi needs you to have at least 50 bucks to redeems... i guess i'll just buy things periodically with it.

instantly approved and will receive within two weeks!

Maybe i'll buy as much gas as i can in a month?

mickcris said: i clicked on apply now from both the $50 and the $250 offer page and it took me to same exact page:

https://app.firstusa.com/ICAppServlet/?PID=CHFD4&SPID=9M4M&CAT=0&CELL=6H2R&MSC=Z0061431

I copied and pasted both links into notepad to verify they match exactly. Don't know how they could tell which one you clicked on.

The one you posted is the app for the $250.

This is for the $50 one.
https://app.firstusa.com/ICAppServlet/?SPID=7FK7&PID=CHFD4&CELL=6TRP&MSC=Z0061431

It is different.

honghong322 said: nono, i mean any tips on how to redeem is. citi needs you to have at least 50 bucks to redeems... i guess i'll just buy things periodically with it.Have Citi send me 4 $1500 checks via BT offer page and earn $5 Dividend Dollars for each one sent.

just applied and accepted.
dont know if the 250$ will come through since i have a chase cc. on an earlier offer i made 150$ from their sony card within a month.

This is really a great bonus, though...I already have another Chase card, but i am going to call to find out if i would qualify.....it's a really good card, but i still have my Rewards Plus, and could always convert to this in the future, if the 5% deal on that ends....Of course, if i could get the bonus on this, i wouldn't mind having an extra card...

Approved, and I don't have a chase card , I'm just a auth user on my wife's card, so I should be good.

Made PDf from the offer page regardless

thanks OP

Anyone know which credit bureau that Chase pulls credit reports from?

amtbooks said: Anyone know which credit bureau that Chase pulls credit reports from?

the only answer to this question i have seen is:

djca said: I applied and my application was instantly approved. FIRST USA,NA (=Chase) pulled my Experian report.

can someone post a link to the pdf

accepted and pdf made.

I got instantly approved. Thanks will try my wife later today.

My first chase (and CashBack card actually) so I am stoked.

any idea how long this offer will last ?

ScootyPuffSr said: kichubhai99 said: One Thing we all should understand here is the APRs on this 250$ promotion.

If we look at the APRs on the promtions really it is not that attractive. Considering the Card with 0% BT with 75$ Fee

if i was apprved for $10000 CL then i would make a MAximum of 500$ in Savingas aacount -$ 75 BT Fee for 1Year. ie 425$ and taxes on 425$ need to be paid. where it could be 250$ after taxes

Pros A/c to me
The Returns are quick and is good if CL approved is less than 7000$.

Cons,
If We can wait for more andthe CL is >10000 at the end othe year we make more that 250$ after taxes,

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION ..................

18.24% variable on PRUCHASES and BALANCE TRANSFER.

Other APRs

Balance Transfer APR: 18.24% variable.
Purchase and Balance Transfer APR: The Prime Rate plus 9.99%.
Transaction fee for balance transfers
3% of the amount of each transaction, but not less than $5.00 nor more than $75.00.

Your analysis is correct. However, I generally only keep one BT per bank at a time. So you could apply for one Chase card that has a 0% BT promo and this card. Then reallocate all but $500 or $1000 from the Freedom to the BT card. Then do the BT and make the one purchase for the $250 bonus.

Generally there is very little advantage to doing two $10,000 BTs from the SAME company if you could do a $19500 BT and get a $250 bonus.
This assumes something that rarely happens, though. Generally these companies will not consolidate two credit cards from their same company (e.g., Chase Freedom and Chase Sony) if the terms and conditions don't match.

what's up with the 3% back only being good for fast-food places? that sux IMO. Though, I guess that's better for most younger people.

ChoppedBroccoli said: Awww crwap!

I just signed up for the Chase Freedom card 2 weeks ago. Is there any way to get on this offer? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone? My Chase Freedom card I asked for was sent out, but I haven't received it/activated it yet. Do you think I have a chance of getting in on this deal?

Over on SD, someone did call to ask about the deal for existing Chase card members and was told that as long as you're not an existing Chase Freedom card member you ARE considered new, as it's a totally separate card than any others you might already have. So it looks good.

And more backup images in case anyone needs them:

Flash version of $250 deal

Full terms of $250 deal Part 1

Full terms of $250 deal Part 2

Full Terms URL: http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/?htm=1

Link that gets you to the $250 offer (as of this writing)

ChoppedBroccoli said: ChoppedBroccoli said: Awww crwap!

I just signed up for the Chase Freedom card 2 weeks ago. Is there any way to get on this offer? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone? My Chase Freedom card I asked for was sent out, but I haven't received it/activated it yet. Do you think I have a chance of getting in on this deal?

Well, print out this offer and mail it in a little latter and claim you applied under this code...I have luck doing this with Citibank...finding a better offer and they credit the thank you points...

sorry reseiler, what is SD? thanks

In for another great bonus card. I already have the Cash Rewards card so I'm not sure about getting the $250 bonus either, but it's worth a shot. Many of the Sony Card apps have said that you can't get the bonus if you've had a Sony card and received it before, but I've gotten over a half-a-dozen bonuses for those and they're also run by Chase, so...

Still worth keeping it just for the 3% Cash Back on G/G/R (up to $600 in purchases a month) as others have said, but this is a heavily promoted card so who knows how long it'll last.

hpmoon said: This assumes something that rarely happens, though. Generally these companies will not consolidate two credit cards from their same company (e.g., Chase Freedom and Chase Sony) if the terms and conditions don't match.No one mentioned consolidation, just reallocation. And that almost always happens.

Anyone have a PDF / screen cap of the offer that one can PM me?

elton said: Anyone have a PDF / screen cap of the offer that one can PM me?
or better yet, host it somewhere and post link in the QS, thanks.

alik99 said: elton said: Anyone have a PDF / screen cap of the offer that one can PM me?
or better yet, host it somewhere and post link in the QS, thanks.

Look up about five or six posts.

@akbrush: SD is another forum, where the deals are also slick.

don't forget the $35 ticketmaster gift card if you are on facebook

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=22&threadid=705996&start=80

for those who have chase cards already, are you converting cards or submitting a new application?

This looks like 1.25% rebate card to me (if you can wait until you have $200 reward). Thanks OP.

Might be dead now.

Right after I submitted my application, I refreshed my pages and saw that instead of the $250 reward, it now says "0% APR."

My girlfriend opened the link as well and confirmed that it's not just me.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 123 4 544
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014