• 14 5 67844
  • Page
  • Text Only
How would switching another chase card to this one work? Would they still do a hard pull, or just transfer over whatever credit limit you had on the older card?

As of 140 pm today the 250 link from chase.com worked

Application Approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations. Your application has been approved. You will receive your card and complete account information within 2 weeks by mail.


Please close this window. If you don't, someone could access your personal information by using the "Back" button on your browser.

Thank you for applying!


thanks everyone for all their input,
still confused about the "200 in bonus rebates which can be redeemed for 250 dollar check" on the bottom of the application, (what does that reallly mean) is it points,dollars


thanks

great find! I just got one two months ago for their CashBack, but had the wife sign up for one!

Thanks!

Thanks! got approved

INQUIRIES
-
Creditor Name:
FIRST USA - 03/14/2007 - Equifax

thanks everyone for all their input,
still confused about the "200 in bonus rebates which can be redeemed for 250 dollar check" on the bottom of the application, (what does that reallly mean) is it points,dollars




I got this answer from someone, can anyone verify
""Ok, after your first purchase, they WILL throw in 20,000 points, or $200, that is the promotion. And the $50 is the bonus you WILL get everytime you accumulate 20,000 points, or $200 in cach back. The $50 bonus is not part of the CURRENT PROMOTION, it is their ON GOING promotion for any account that reach the 20K mark. So, for example, if you go out and spend $100 on gas with your new card, after "6-8 weeks", you will be able to claim back $200(promotion) + $50 (bonus) + $3 (3%CB on gas)= $253""

I applied for this card last friday. Before applying, I searched all over for sign up bonus, and found none. So I just went ahead and applied, and got approved instantly.

Today, when I saw this post, I called a CSR and asked if I would get this bonus. She said she couldn't find this offer anywhere. So I told her an ad id, and she said she submitted this and told me I would be informed by mail in 7-10 business days.

I have a feeling this is not going to work? Any suggestion what should I tell them to get them let me have this bonus? Thanks

Already have the Cash Plus and Sony cards but applied for this one regardless. Hope I'll get the bonus. Thanks OP!

Not to be a debbie downer, but the whole point of the sign up bonus is to attract new customers. IF you are already a customer why would they give away $250 for nothing?

For those who didn't get approved instantly

call 800-480-1870, and the representative will give you an instant dicision by phone

Ilovecashback said: I applied for this card last friday. Before applying, I searched all over for sign up bonus, and found none. So I just went ahead and applied, and got approved instantly.

Today, when I saw this post, I called a CSR and asked if I would get this bonus. She said she couldn't find this offer anywhere. So I told her an ad id, and she said she submitted this and told me I would be informed by mail in 7-10 business days.

I have a feeling this is not going to work? Any suggestion what should I tell them to get them let me have this bonus? Thanks
Other than that you have one of her family members hostage? No. Heck, I'm not even sure that everyone who's applying now through the link is going to get it. But it's worth a shot for me, at least.

Edit
And as to the earlier question about how long this will last. Who knows, but the thread on this over at SD is already over 460 posts, so I'm betting not long.

Applied but didn't get approved instantly. Called 1-800 number and he verified some information. He said that I already have some Chase cards which haven't been used for a while. So I told him go ahead close my Sony card and use that credit line for the new one. Hope I will get the bonus.

XeroK00L said: Already have the Cash Plus and Sony cards but applied for this one regardless. Hope I'll get the bonus. Thanks OP!

I currently have a Chase Freedom card. So I'm out of luck?

Thanks, good deal. In for two. Me and the missus.

welphd said: I currently have a Chase Freedom card. So I'm out of luck?
right, i called and was informed no rewards, the same boat

by the way, website of chase.com has changed to 50 bucks. but here show 250 bucks:
Link (from chasefreedomnow.com)

update: thanks to all information, I wish my information would not mislead folks here and I apologize if already mislead. I did call and got a message (no rewards for me because I already have a Chase Freedom card ) from Customer Representative.

neuist said: welphd said: I currently have a Chase Freedom card. So I'm out of luck?
right, i called and was informed no rewards, the same boat

by the way, website of chase.com has changed to 50 bucks.
not dead. keep refreshing. Just got approved. thanks OP

Wow! I applied and got instant approval.
Before I got to this $250 web page, it took 3 different computers with different browser. Refresh or clear cookies may not help. You just have to try this and that to get to that promotion.
But in the application, it doesn't say anything about $250 or 0%, just a bunch of crazy high charges.... So pray that you and I will get it.

neuist said: welphd said: I currently have a Chase Freedom card. So I'm out of luck?
right, i called and was informed no rewards, the same boat

by the way, website of chase.com has changed to 50 bucks.


I'm calling Chase right now to close my Freedom card. So I won't lose bonus like this in the future.

master10 said: neuist said: welphd said: I currently have a Chase Freedom card. So I'm out of luck?
right, i called and was informed no rewards, the same boat

by the way, website of chase.com has changed to 50 bucks.
not dead. keep refreshing. Just got approved. thanks OP


yeah, refresh if you don't see the $250. I haven't seen the $50 offer at all

Thanks OP, just got approved.

Is it safe to sign up for this credit card if I'm using my school's university internet access?

anybody have Chase's number handy, I don't have a card with me...thanks.

Is it safe to sign up for this credit card if I'm using my school's university internet access?

Anyone know?

Just applied myself, and got instantly approved....before applying, i called Customer service at Chase (i have another card with them, Reward Plus..but no Freedom Card)....He said that you will get the bonus as long as you don't have a Freedom Card already....even if you have other cards with them right now....So, took a chance and went ahead with it....

He said, if you already have a Freedom Card, you would not get the bonus by opening another one.....

Mysteriouskk said: Is it safe to sign up for this credit card if I'm using my school's university internet access?

Anyone know?


University network on your own computer? It's all encrypted between your computer and theirs, so unlikely anyone can snoop the info. If you're using a public computer, I probably wouldn't - you never know if someone threw a keylogger or such on there.

Used provided links to direct flash page, instant approval, saved .png files for future reference (which I hope I don't have to use)

Thanks FW, SD, OP, and most of all Chase! I'm free baby!

Worked for me thanks.

it is the reason I decide not to jump on the deal.

kichubhai99 said: One Thing we all should understand here is the APRs on this 250$ promotion.

If we look at the APRs on the promtions really it is not that attractive. Considering the Card with 0% BT with 75$ Fee

if i was apprved for $10000 CL then i would make a MAximum of 500$ in Savingas aacount -$ 75 BT Fee for 1Year. ie 425$ and taxes on 425$ need to be paid. where it could be 250$ after taxes

Pros A/c to me
The Returns are quick and is good if CL approved is less than 7000$.

Cons,
If We can wait for more andthe CL is >10000 at the end othe year we make more that 250$ after taxes,

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION ..................



18.24% variable on PRUCHASES and BALANCE TRANSFER.

Other APRs

Balance Transfer APR: 18.24% variable.
Purchase and Balance Transfer APR: The Prime Rate plus 9.99%.
Transaction fee for balance transfers
3% of the amount of each transaction, but not less than $5.00 nor more than $75.00.

Just called the 1800UCHOOSE number. They confirmed that this offer is for new Chase Freedom card members and existing Chase cards (Sony, Amazon etc..) members are also eligible for this offer.

I don't understand why someone would not jump on this deal. We are getting 250.00 free!!!

If you want to play the AOR/BT game then apply for both cards, 250 offer and a 0% $75 BT fee card.

Choosing a 0% card with $75 BT fee , then take the money out and put in a interest bearing account for a YEAR, make monthly minimum payments, pay taxes on interest, etc. etc. too much hassle for small credit lines. Just take the free 250.00 and enjoy.


eagle said: it is the reason I decide not to jump on the deal.

kichubhai99 said: One Thing we all should understand here is the APRs on this 250$ promotion.

If we look at the APRs on the promtions really it is not that attractive. Considering the Card with 0% BT with 75$ Fee

if i was apprved for $10000 CL then i would make a MAximum of 500$ in Savingas aacount -$ 75 BT Fee for 1Year. ie 425$ and taxes on 425$ need to be paid. where it could be 250$ after taxes

Pros A/c to me
The Returns are quick and is good if CL approved is less than 7000$.

Cons,
If We can wait for more andthe CL is >10000 at the end othe year we make more that 250$ after taxes,

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION ..................



18.24% variable on PRUCHASES and BALANCE TRANSFER.

Other APRs

Balance Transfer APR: 18.24% variable.
Purchase and Balance Transfer APR: The Prime Rate plus 9.99%.
Transaction fee for balance transfers
3% of the amount of each transaction, but not less than $5.00 nor more than $75.00.

lookingdeals said: I don't understand why someone would not jump on this deal. We are getting 250.00 free!!!



Some people value the 5 points (max) they might lose on a Credit Report pull more than they value the $250, I guess.

That's $50 per FICO point... I'll gladly trade.

kvkeee said: Just called the 1800UCHOOSE number. They confirmed that this offer is for new Chase Freedom card members and existing Chase cards (Sony, Amazon etc..) members are also eligible for this offer.

Thats all I needed to jump into this deal. Thank you OP, scripta, kvkeee and everyone else who helped find this deal and more info about it.

in, thx

Thanks OP now I can justify my $1800 I spent on a 50" plasma a little more with the $250 I'm getting in this offer.

lookingdeals said: If you want to play the AOR/BT game then apply for both cards, 250 offer and a 0% $75 BT fee card.Yeah, $250 is $250. If you want 0% for BTs, get those CCs too.

defjukie said: Some people value the 5 points (max) they might lose on a Credit Report pull more than they value the $250, I guess. That's $50 per FICO point... I'll gladly trade.And after 7 months (sooner if you bump), you get the 5 points back. Unless you are applying for new mortgages, its a no brainer.

gooberwho said: for those who have chase cards already, are you converting cards or submitting a new application?
New. One can never have enough credit cards lol.

Tytie

$250 is still valid but 0% is not included.

I guess you have to choose one or the other.... bummer!

Thanks! Approved! It should be a lot easier to convert this into a good digital camera than to hunt around for a rebate/coupon/clearance deal.

Jumped in.
Got my first instant approve ever.
Hope the $250 also come without pain.

nhsouth said: Thanks! Approved! It should be a lot easier to convert this into a good digital camera than to hunt around for a rebate/coupon/clearance deal.

Most FW'ers would use this in conjunction with a rebate/coupon/clearance deal on a digital camera, and then use the left over cash on a rebate/coupon/clearance deal on an SD card for the camera.

  • Archived From: ForumsFinance

  • 14 5 67844
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014