• 1 2 34544
  • Page
  • Text Only
it's been a couple of years since we scored $200 for Schwab (FIA) Visa Cards
I'm not holding my breath on this one --- it's one thing to target Schwab customers with $200 --- it is another to mass market such a perk --- waiting for a confirm

Figured I would try anyways. I got approved. Will see what happens.

finally got bonus message for $50 one and it says almost the exact same thing:

*You will receive $50 in bonus rebates. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after your first purchase for bonus rebates to post to your account. First purchase includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account. To qualify for bonus rebates, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. The bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Only one bonus per account. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for the bonus offer.

Well, the application details, APR etc. are different if you click on the 0% offer versus the $250 offer, so at least it looks like their system sees the difference in which flash animation you get.

man, i'm tempted, but that first-time cardmembers w/ new accounts keeps me from applying. Has anyone figure out if new account pertain only to the freedom card or any Chase cc?

I received the $250 bonus offer and got approved on the spot. Once I get the card, I'll make a quick purchase...then store the card away for good. We'll have to see in a few weeks if this bonus holds true or not.

Its worth 3-5 points from the hard pull on a CRA to find out.

this is getting worse than Vegas

come on already --- they pipe in some old school Rolling Stones song, give you a "se habla espanol" link, and they don't even clarify the $250 bonus

--- f'em, I'll leave this one alone

Grr, just applied for this in recent AOR. Looks like it's only 3 or 6 months 0% BT though??? Mine was 0% for 15 months.

An easy $250 though if you don't want to BT (assuming it's valid).

From the way the site uses the word 'cardmember' it sounds like it's for first time Chase cardmembers.

It says:

ALREADY A CARDMEMBER?

Switch to Chase Freedom

Call the number on your current card to switch your existing credit card to Chase Freedom.
Add Chase Freedom

Want to keep your existing card and get Chase Freedom? Click Apply Now to fill out our online application and get a new card sent to you.

And the 1800UCHOOSE reps don't know anything. Worth a shot I suppose.

mickcris said: finally got bonus message for $50 one and it says almost the exact same thing:

*You will receive $50 in bonus rebates. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after your first purchase for bonus rebates to post to your account. First purchase includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account. To qualify for bonus rebates, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. The bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Only one bonus per account. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for the bonus offer.

Thanks.
I confirmed that if you click on a $50 sign-up bonus ad, you also got

so I think it doesn't mean you must be a first-time cardmember OF CHASE.

sprintuser said: From the way the site uses the word 'cardmember' it sounds like it's for first time Chase cardmembers.

It says:

ALREADY A CARDMEMBER?

Switch to Chase Freedom

Call the number on your current card to switch your existing credit card to Chase Freedom.
Add Chase Freedom

Want to keep your existing card and get Chase Freedom? Click Apply Now to fill out our online application and get a new card sent to you.

And the 1800UCHOOSE reps don't know anything. Worth a shot I suppose.

If so, no idea again...
Hope someone can find it.

tommyliu said: mickcris said: finally got bonus message for $50 one and it says almost the exact same thing:

Thanks.
I confirmed that if you click on a $50 sign-up bonus ad, you also got

so I think it doesn't mean you must be a first-time cardmember OF CHASE.

I now don't know which one I clicked on (the $50 or the $250) to fill out the application. I wonder if it matters.

Use second link scripta posted
http://www.fatwallet.com/t/52/712610/10313999#m10313999

I now don't know which one I clicked on (the $50 or the $250) to fill out the application. I wonder if it matters.

Remember to print out the ad page for evidence.

my link ends in ...=credit250 --- but immediately jumps to ..../flash

did someone hack their site?

No, its not hacked. That link ending leads you to a Flash which is then populated with the $250 offer displayed on it.

Without that link ending you wont see "$250" on the Flash page, but will see another Flash page.

Well, this is definitely exciting if it also works for people who have other Chase cards (probably 90% of FWF). In fact, if this deal turns out to be real, I'll probably truncate my current AOR to try to start another one for this very card.

i clicked on apply now from both the $50 and the $250 offer page and it took me to same exact page:

https://app.firstusa.com/ICAppServlet/?PID=CHFD4&SPID=9M4M&CAT=0&CELL=6H2R&MSC=Z0061431

I copied and pasted both links into notepad to verify they match exactly. Don't know how they could tell which one you clicked on.

ok --- I finally got it --- shows 3% --- 1% --- $250 back
don't know why it wasn't linking me in at the beginning --- but looks good
I will decline nonetheless --- trying to keep things tight right now

use the spanish link and you'll see a 0% for a year

now I am getting confused

So I'm seeing the $250 offer in both IE and Firefox. In IE, when I click on it, I only see a $50 offer. In Firefox, I see a 0% interest offer.

billrubin said: So I'm seeing the $250 offer in both IE and Firefox. In IE, when I click on it, I only see a $50 offer. In Firefox, I see a 0% interest offer.

You have to refresh it many times or close all windows and reopen.
That's what I did.

In FF, I had to clear my cookies for chase.com and/or chasefreedomnow.com (I cleared both, so not sure which one it was). I could see the $250 offer on the main Chase page, but not on the popup offer page.

Okay guys, first of all, don't trip about the $200/$250 confusion. You remember how some cards have escalating redemption values when you bunch up more points? (examples would be Thank You points, and the old BofA Power Rewards card). Same way with cash with the Freedom card. If you accumulate $200 cash_back, then you actually get $250. Thus converting it from 3% back to 3.75% back.

Second, it appears we have at least three seperate offers:

English, $200/$250 back
English, 3 or 6 months 0% promo rate
Espanol, 12 month 0% promo rate

This is like a Capitol One targeted offer gone horribly awry.

ok on the page the advertises the $250 --- it gives a link in Spanish "solicite en Espanol"

--- this links to a 0% offer (doesn't say $250) with the following terms:

La duración de su período introductorio será de 12 meses para las compras y las transferencias de saldo o de 3 meses para las transferencias de saldo únicamente, dependiendo de nuestra evaluación de su solicitud y su historial crediticio. Oferta válida durante el período introductorio siempre que usted cumpla con los términos de su cuenta. Además, primero aplicamos los pagos a los saldos introductorios y después a los saldos con APR más altas. Esto significa que la duración del período introductorio puede variar según las cantidades de los pagos y las APR para otros saldos en su cuenta. Aprenda más sobre las tasas, los cargos y otra información relacionada con los costos al revisar la sección de Valores y Términos.

markkundinger said: Second, it appears we have at least three seperate offers:

English, $200/$250 back
English, 3 or 6 months 0% promo rate
Espanol, 12 month 0% promo rate

This is like a Capitol One targeted offer gone horribly awry.
There's also the $50 offer.

sorry to get side tracked on the Spanish thing --- but just thinking here
is there some Spanish language targeted offers out there that need to be "mined"?

Went for it and got instant approval, my first Chase card and 4th CC total. Really hope the credits go through for us all

OK after trying it in Firefox on a 3rd machine I managed to get the 2nd page to show up with the $250 offer, so I applied. I did not get an instant response. Either they finally think I have too much credit (the last two cards I've gotten, they have stupidly given me $25k credit lines), or my credit file fraud alert is working.

tommyliu said: Anybody know the best point-to-cash rate of Chase cards?
because it's a point card not a cash card.

Technically it's both. It's the "Freedom" card, b/c you have the freedom to switch between the two at any time without loss/devalue of points/cash.

If you choose to switch how you earn rewards once you become a cardmember, and you are earning your rewards as rebates, your rebates will be converted to points at a rate of $0.01 to 1 point. For example, $5 in rebates will transfer to 500 points. If you are earning your rewards as points, your points will be transferred to the Cash Back program at a rate of 1 point to $0.01. For example, 500 points will transfer to $5 in rebates. Please see Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after you switch.

jrtang said: tommyliu said: Anybody know the best point-to-cash rate of Chase cards?
because it's a point card not a cash card.

Technically it's both. It's the "Freedom" card, b/c you have the freedom to switch between the two at any time without loss/devalue of points/cash.

If you choose to switch how you earn rewards once you become a cardmember, and you are earning your rewards as rebates, your rebates will be converted to points at a rate of $0.01 to 1 point. For example, $5 in rebates will transfer to 500 points. If you are earning your rewards as points, your points will be transferred to the Cash Back program at a rate of 1 point to $0.01. For example, 500 points will transfer to $5 in rebates. Please see Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after you switch.

Thank you.
I also found the cash redeem threshold is $50 and gift card is $10.
So it's really freedom.

Has anyone tried calling in to find out if this is a real offer? It definitely smacks of being too good to be true.

Figure it's worth a shot, so I'm in!

Didn't get instant approval, but not too surprising as a student.

Fingers crossed!

forgetme said: Figure it's worth a shot, so I'm in!

Fingers crossed!

i make good money. i wonder why i wasn't approved. want to ditch my citibank dividends card.

udonoogen said: forgetme said: Figure it's worth a shot, so I'm in!

Fingers crossed!

i make good money. i wonder why i wasn't approved. want to ditch my citibank dividends card.

Making good money does NOT mean you have a good credit.

Awww crwap!

I just signed up for the Chase Freedom card 2 weeks ago. Is there any way to get on this offer? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Have one Chase card. Chase kept sending me pre-approved applications, about twice a month. After being this way for more than a year, I applied online using the pre-approval code. However, I was not approved instantly. After 3 weeks, the card arrived with a credit limit of 6,000. That's the only Chase card I have.

Fingers crossed!

cardinalandgoldfan said: Has anyone tried calling in to find out if this is a real offer? It definitely smacks of being too good to be true.

Just spoke to a CSR who told me that she'd already been asked about the same promotion 5 times in the past 20 minutes! LOL

As of now this is an ONLINE-ONLY offer, and the phone CSRs know nothing about it. She didn't know if it was for first time CHASE or first time FREEDOM card holders.

I just applied. My situation is similar as yours. The only difference is, I don't get the card yet. Hope it will come finally.

meditator said: Have one Chase card. Chase kept sending me pre-approved applications, about twice a month. After being this way for more than a year, I applied online using the pre-approval code. However, I was not approved instantly. After 3 weeks, the card arrived with a credit limit of 6,000. That's the only Chase card I have.

Fingers crossed!

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 1 2 34544
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014