• 12 3 4544
  • Page
  • Text Only
The $250 seems too good to be true, but worth a shot. Just applied and got instantly approved.

Who else loves the music?!
I want to pull my hair out!!!!

Printed (non-flash) page listing $250 to .PDF as backup.

I also have Amazon/Chase card already . Applied for card no problem.
"Congratulations. Your application has been approved. You will receive your card and complete account information within 2 weeks by mail"

I needed a gas card anyway.

jumped! also PDF the $250 page in case.
no instant approval, the result will be notified in writting mail within 30 days.

The language does seem to exclude people with ANY previous chase CC accounts, so I'm not going to risk it. Further, the rate is 18.24%, and doesn't appear to have any promotions.

For those with previous cards who got this, please do share your experiences once you get the card. Chase is usually pretty quick with paying the sign-up bonuses (e.g. the Sony card).

Another Replacement Window Paid for! Thanks OP!!

"The bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Only one bonus per account. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for the bonus offer"

I interprate the cardmember in here means chase freedom card holder, new account means new chase freedom cc account, since it's IN the chase freedom card application welcome page.

without context, people could even think cardmember as any VISA or Master card holder. hoho~~by this way, it has to be your very first credit card to eligiable the bonus.. haha.. how ridiculous it is.

If it really means any chase card holder, it should state clearly as "any chase credit cards[including brand names such as Amazon, sony etc] current holders".
Hope I am right this time....for this hard pull.

cardinalandgoldfan said: Has anyone tried calling in to find out if this is a real offer? It definitely smacks of being too good to be true.Considering that 0% offers are worth a lot more than $250 to most of us here, this is *not* too good to be true. It would only be too good if it had 0% attached to it. Save the offer as proof and complain if it doesn't work out the way you hoped.

D'oh! I already signed up for Chase Freedom back in December. Best credit card ever! At least for the majority of my purchases.

additive said: "The bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Only one bonus per account. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for the bonus offer"

I interprate the cardmember in here means chase freedom card holder, new account means new chase freedom cc account, since it's IN the chase freedom card application welcome page.

without context, people could even think cardmember as any VISA or Master card holder. hoho~~by this way, it has to be your very first credit card to eligiable the bonus.. haha.. how ridiculous it is.

If it really means any chase card holder, it should state clearly as "any chase credit cards[including brand names such as Amazon, sony etc] current holders".

I share additive's thinking. I think my wife is going to be applying for this one today .

I agree with sprintuser. In the link on the top right corner that says "Already a cardmember?", it seems that cardmember refers to existing Chase cardmembers having the ability to "switch" to chase freedom.

sprintuser said: From the way the site uses the word 'cardmember' it sounds like it's for first time Chase cardmembers.

It says:

ALREADY A CARDMEMBER?

Switch to Chase Freedom

Call the number on your current card to switch your existing credit card to Chase Freedom.

Add Chase Freedom

Want to keep your existing card and get Chase Freedom? Click Apply Now to fill out our online application and get a new card sent to you.

And the 1800UCHOOSE reps don't know anything. Worth a shot I suppose.

Well I applied and was approved, I guess we will see then.

Great offer, wish I didn't already have a Freedom Card.

This presents a argument on why it *might* be a good idea to close inactive cards. I was able to get another Sony card bonus becuase I closed my old Sony account after a few months.

Had I closed my Freedom Card I would have a better chance of being eligible here. (Although it does say "New Cardholders")

Got approved instantly.

FYI: I have 2 other chase cards and got rejected with sony and Buy.com offers in recent past for "not enough time passed since last application".

thanks op!

Application Approved

Congratulations. Your application has been approved. You will receive your card and complete account information within 2 weeks by mail.

Thank you for applying!

I do not mind hard pull or whatever. But I already have a chase United visa....

Crap. I just applied for the card recently... in fact, I'm waiting for the card to arrive.

<-- not an AoR person.

additive said:
"The bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Only one bonus per account. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for the bonus offer"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's a reasonable position, but I'm not sure that's how they will interpret it. I have a Chase Rewards card (converted by them from their old Perfect card). When I click on the $250, the next screen only shows a $50 bonus.

Is that 3% on grocery and gas introductory? Seems like a good kickback for us noobs.

I went ahead and applied with the 200/250 link and printed out (have chase cards but no freedom card, which I interpret the offer for)...I am at the end of an AOR so it was worth the risk for the additional pull...and didnt have too many pulls from Equifax yet anyway...the offer didnt have a 0% bt offer, which doenst kill it for me, but just an FYI.

Bah.....I'm gonna get turned down, too many new accounts/inquireries.

Thanks for Applying

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are currently reviewing your application. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days, as required by law.
Please do not resubmit your application.

Please close this window. If you don't, someone could access your personal information by using the 'back' button on your browser.

largeeyes said: Is that 3% on grocery and gas introductory? Seems like a good kickback for us noobs.

No, it's not just introductory...you get 3% all the time for the grocery/gas/fast food purchases and 1% for everything else....
That's a feature of the program, not a "teaser" deal...

Question: I see the offer on the Chase.com home page....but reading the copy on the link, i get the impression that if you already hold any cards with Chase, you don't qualify for this bonus....I'm not talking about if you already have a Freedom Card..that is very clear, you wouldn't get it if you applied for another one....

But does it mean if you have ANY chase cards right now you would'nt get it? Has anyone called to get a straight answer on that?

craig10x said:
Question: I see the offer on the Chase.com home page....but reading the copy on the link, i get the impression that if you already hold any cards with Chase, you don't qualify for this bonus....I'm not talking about if you already have a Freedom Card..that is very clear, you wouldn't get it if you applied for another one....

But does it mean if you have ANY chase cards right now you would'nt get it? Has anyone called to get a straight answer on that?

Please read the last 6 pages of this thread. What you are asking has been the topic of discussion for most of this thread. People who have called have gotten CSRs who haven't even heard of this promotion so they are of little use.

In my opinion the Freedom card is worth having without a bonus so this is a great time to apply for it even if the odds are not 100% you'll get the bonus.

I have Chase Rewards Plus and Chase Cash Plus but I know people laughed at me for getting those when the Citi Dividend was still going strong. Now they don't have the Dividend and it is too late to apply for a 5% gas/groc/drug card.

I don't have inside CSR knowledge like you, Craig, but the fact that you can't apply for those cards anymore makes me *guess* that they won't last much more than another year.

Instant approval here. I have three or four Chase cards so we'll see in three months or so what the terms really are wrt availability of the offer to existing card holders.

Good news is that wifey isn't a Chase cardholder so her $250 should be a lock.

applied...deferred, have a couple other Chase inquiries/cards since December. Crossing fingers. Thanks OP!

I got the deal immediately.

Easy Link, no flash,

Text

i applied no instant approval. I have 2 other chase cards now. Sure hope I am approved and get $250

Argh. I am so angry with Chase now. They signed me up for a Freedom card without my consent or knowledge when I went in to open a checking account (for a bonus) but left without supposedly opening anything or making the minimum opening deposit. I guess that makes me ineligible for this, even though I told them it wasn't authorized and closed it as soon as I saw it.

Is there a yearly limit to houch you can earn on this card? If so, the bonus points will likely count against it (they did when I did a similar deal in the past).

I know Scooty...that's why i got my Rewards Plus a long time ago...and even though the card was semi-dead (and now completely dead) to new applicants for a long time...Chase has so far, continued us with the 5% deal...though as you said, who knows how long it will go on for....and you may be be right that within the next year or so it could be gone...

I know you didn't believe what i reported that the boa csr said (though it was true...whether the info is accurate or not is another story) that's why i didn't research this with Chase myself...because i figure if i posted that a csr said you could get the deal as a current card holder, you would probably scoff at my report..so i would rather someone else here get confirmation and report on it...

In my case Scooty, i would probably only want to apply if i was sure i was getting the fantastic bonus, because if ultimately, Chase stops giving us the 5% deal on the Rewards Plus/Cash Plus, i would simply convert my current card to the Freedom program...

I applied and my application was instantly approved. FIRST USA,NA (=Chase) pulled my Experian report.

Also instantly approved. Printed offer details since the application process didn't mention anything about the special offer. I guess the various offers are applied to accounts by the application link.

I agree with this interpretation. From the FAQ link on the actual $250 offer page we have this wording:

7. How does it work if I am an existing Cardmember?
Call the phone number on the back of your card to switch your existing Chase credit card to Chase FreedomSM or click apply now on chase.com/freedom and apply online.

From this wording I would say that Chase's interpretation of "existing cardholder" refers to ANY Chase cardholder, not specifically Chase Freedom.

dirtpoor said: I agree with sprintuser. In the link on the top right corner that says "Already a cardmember?", it seems that cardmember refers to existing Chase cardmembers having the ability to "switch" to chase freedom.

sprintuser said: From the way the site uses the word 'cardmember' it sounds like it's for first time Chase cardmembers.

It says:

ALREADY A CARDMEMBER?

Switch to Chase Freedom

Call the number on your current card to switch your existing credit card to Chase Freedom.

Add Chase Freedom

Want to keep your existing card and get Chase Freedom? Click Apply Now to fill out our online application and get a new card sent to you.

And the 1800UCHOOSE reps don't know anything. Worth a shot I suppose.

i only get the 0% apr...cleared cookies, closed browsers...is it dead?

One Thing we all should understand here is the APRs on this 250$ promotion.

If we look at the APRs on the promtions really it is not that attractive. Considering the Card with 0% BT with 75$ Fee

if i was apprved for $10000 CL then i would make a MAximum of 500$ in Savingas aacount -$ 75 BT Fee for 1Year. ie 425$ and taxes on 425$ need to be paid. where it could be 250$ after taxes

Pros A/c to me
The Returns are quick and is good if CL approved is less than 7000$.

Cons,
If We can wait for more andthe CL is >10000 at the end othe year we make more that 250$ after taxes,

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION ..................

18.24% variable on PRUCHASES and BALANCE TRANSFER.

Other APRs

Balance Transfer APR: 18.24% variable.
Purchase and Balance Transfer APR: The Prime Rate plus 9.99%.
Transaction fee for balance transfers
3% of the amount of each transaction, but not less than $5.00 nor more than $75.00.

thak said: i only get the 0% apr...cleared cookies, closed browsers...is it dead?I see the $250 offer in the flash ad, but when I convert the page to PDF, the PDF shows a 0% offer instead lol

I signed up for this last night and wasn't paying close enough attention. I don't know if the link i clicked on was for 0%, $50, or $250 bonus. I also already have a chase card so it may not matter anyways. I just wish there was some way I could figure out which one I did. I feel dumb.

kichubhai99 said: One Thing we all should understand here is the APRs on this 250$ promotion.

If we look at the APRs on the promtions really it is not that attractive. Considering the Card with 0% BT with 75$ Fee

if i was apprved for $10000 CL then i would make a MAximum of 500$ in Savingas aacount -$ 75 BT Fee for 1Year. ie 425$ and taxes on 425$ need to be paid. where it could be 250$ after taxes

Pros A/c to me
The Returns are quick and is good if CL approved is less than 7000$.

Cons,
If We can wait for more andthe CL is >10000 at the end othe year we make more that 250$ after taxes,

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION ..................

18.24% variable on PRUCHASES and BALANCE TRANSFER.

Other APRs

Balance Transfer APR: 18.24% variable.
Purchase and Balance Transfer APR: The Prime Rate plus 9.99%.
Transaction fee for balance transfers
3% of the amount of each transaction, but not less than $5.00 nor more than $75.00.

Your analysis is correct. However, I generally only keep one BT per bank at a time. So you could apply for one Chase card that has a 0% BT promo and this card. Then reallocate all but $500 or $1000 from the Freedom to the BT card. Then do the BT and make the one purchase for the $250 bonus.

Generally there is very little advantage to doing two $10,000 BTs from the SAME company if you could do a $19500 BT and get a $250 bonus.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 12 3 4544
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014