• 1 234544
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Found it when I want to login in my Chase account today.

It seems that no posts are related to this bonus so far, so I wonder if Chase just released the news...

Please go from chase.com and refresh some times, you will see the ad.
You may even see a $50 sign-up bonus ad. <-- Do not click on it.

I found if you cannot see the $250 bonus, cleaning your browser cookie or closing all browser windows then reopening it may help.

Updated 3/15, 2007
It seems that Chase already removed this ad.
But you can still go from the links in quick summary if you're interested.

Updated 3/21, 2007
The promotion was dead for a period already.
Strongly recommend those who already signed up this card DO NOT call the CSR any more.
Chase has the right to explain their fineprints and change their rebate rules.
Please sit and wait, and let time answer if we can get the $250 sign-up bonus.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Applied in March. Received 2 cards for me and wife. She used it right away and received her 250 bonus. I forgot to use i... (more)

spotrun (Aug. 29, 2007 @ 9:53a) |

FYI, all the Chase Freedom ads are now promoting the Dynamic Cash Rewards program. See http://www.chasefreedomnow.com

ahecht (Oct. 03, 2007 @ 10:49p) |

OK i got my bonus but wife's (applied like 3 days after mine) is not showing up and also tried the secure message way bu... (more)

yukonhuskies (Nov. 09, 2007 @ 1:35p) |

Do NOT call Chase and bother them, simply wait for your card, make your first purchase, and wait for your bonus.

READ THIS!
Chase will credit you $200 worth of points 6-8 weeks after your first purchase, this can be redeemed for a $250 check.

http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/?CELL=6L3J&v=credit250n
(New Offer Link, Thanks Baldrick)
(DEAD as of 5/2/07 12:40PM CST, was alive at 5/1/07 9:58AM EST. Some reported luck with Firefox, not IE - give the link a shot)

Again from Baldrick, as of 4/15/07
http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/freedomMain.swf?MSC=Z0061431&CELL=6V1S&v=credit250n&hv=&s=&redir=
Use this link at your own risk.

https://app.firstusa.com/ICAppServlet/?PID=CHFD4&SPID=9M4M&CAT=0&CELL=6L3J&MSC=Z0061431
"Application Unavailable
We appreciate your interest, but the offer you requested is no longer available. For information on current offers or to apply for a credit card, please call one of our representatives at 1-888-211-9095.

If you received an offer letter in the mail and are responding to that letter, please call the phone number included in your letter.

Note: Telephone and Internet offers may differ."

T&C
*You will receive $200 in bonus rebates which can be redeemed for a $250 check. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after your first purchase for bonus rebates to post to your account. First purchase includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account. To qualify for bonus rebates, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. The bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Only one bonus per account. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for the bonus offer.

If you have no Chase cards or a card other than the Freedom card, then you should be eligible for this offer.

Call 800.480.1870 between 8AM to 10PM EST for an instant decision if you did not receive instant approval through the Internet application. Also possibly useful: 888-270-2127 is the number given on decline letters (appears to reach the same department?)

Check your credit report, let us know what credit bureaus were pulled for a hard inquiry. Chase Identity Protection is offered as a 30 day trial during card activation, this product is identical to TrueCredit 3-Bureau Monitoring which features daily pulls.

BACKUP IMAGES:

Flash version of $250 deal
Full terms of $250 deal Part 1
Full terms of $250 deal Part 2

Full Terms/HTML Version URL: http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/?htm=1

When you reach $600 in spending in these categories in a billing cycle, you will only earn the 1% Cash Back for each $1.00 on these categories of net purchases.

Update: People who had the Chase card previously, are reporting to get the $250 check (including myself)

HOW TO GET YOUR $250:

1. Log in to your Chase account at Chase.com
2. Scroll down to your Chase Freedom card and click "See rewards details"
3. Click the link that says "Redeem rewards"
4. Click the "Add to Cart" button next to "$250 Chase Freedom Cash Check"
5. Click the "Check Out" button
6. Make sure the name & address info is correct, and click "Order".
7. On the confirmation screen, click "Order"

* * * The following is info about the new Chase Freedom Dynamic Cash rewards program * * *
(This is not the same as the standard Freedom rewards program and probably does not apply to your card unless you have the Signature Visa)

The New Chase Freedom Dynamic Cash allows you to earn the following:

Base Earning:
1% for every $1 spent in net purchases
No cap on rewards for base earnings

Accelerated Earning:
3% for every $1 spent on the first $600 (monthly) in
eligible net purchases in the Cardmember's top 3 spend
categories (out of a pre-defined set of 15 categories).
(3% = 2% additional plus 1% base earnings). After the
first $600 in purchase in the top 3 categories, the
Cardmember will continue to earn the base earnings of 1%
for every $1 on purchases in those categories.

Categories:
    Grocery stores,
    Gas & convenience stores,
    Quick service payment/Fast food restaurants,
    Telecommunications,
    Cable/satellite TV/Internet Service Providers,
    Video rentals,
    Department stores,
    Dry cleaners,
    Drugstores,
    Movie theatres,
    Local and suburban commuter
    passenger transportation (including ferries, bridges, tolls, parking garages, taxis/limos),
    Pet supply stores and Veterinary services,
    Utilities,
    Beauty shops (salons and spas), or
    Gym/recreation memberships.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

No mention of a bonus when I follow your link.

Hmm, don't see anything at the link. Targeted offer perhaps?

Where is the $250? I couldn't find it.

I dont see any sign-up bonus ?

No where do I see anything about 250 bonus

Got my 250 after first statement

Ha ha ha --- made us look.

It's weird, I saw
"*You will receive $200 in bonus rebates which can be redeemed for a $250 check. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after your first purchase for bonus rebates to post to your account. First purchase includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account. To qualify for bonus rebates, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. The bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Only one bonus per account. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for the bonus offer."

Please go through chase.com and refresh some times, you will see the ad.

I tried my IE and FireFox, they are both ok.

i see it...it's right on the chase.com homepage

I can see $250 banner on chase.com as well. OP is right, stop flaming please

i just saw it. when you click on it though, it goes to the same page that it sent me when it said 50 dollar bonus. it says see site for details but i cant find the info.

I have a Chase Rewards MasterCard. Am I eligible for the bonus offer?

Thanks!

If you go through chase.com the image is there, but I don't see any of the details.
HERE is the image

It says get $250 after your first purchase

i found this image: Text on chase.com, but once i click on it, cant find any additional information

I went to Chase.com and saw the ad right away :

RECEIVE $250
AFTER YOUR
FIRST PURCHASE.*

*see site for details

Definitely misleading to say the least !!
The Reward Terms area says : "Or, save up to $200 in rewards and redeem for $250 CashBack!"

xoneinax said: I went to Chase.com and saw the ad right away :

RECEIVE $250
AFTER YOUR
FIRST PURCHASE.*

*see site for details

Definitely misleading to say the least. The details say : "Or, save up to $200 in rewards and redeem for $250 CashBack!"

i guess if your first purchace is something that costs $20,000.

Or $6666.66 of tacos ...

xoneinax said: I went to Chase.com and saw the ad right away :

RECEIVE $250
AFTER YOUR
FIRST PURCHASE.*

*see site for details

Definitely misleading to say the least !!
The Reward Terms area says : "Or, save up to $200 in rewards and redeem for $250 CashBack!"

No, I think it's real $250 sign-up bonus if you don't have any Freedom cards.
You may be directed to a wrong page.

E. coli-flavored?

xoneinax said: Or $6666.66 of tacos ...

IMO its a mistake, but you might be able to argue with Chase about it later on.

EDIT : Guess not a mistake ! Was just weird that the $50 bonus offer is also only for first time cardholders/accounts and also offered at chase.com

propcgamer said: i found this image: Text on chase.com, but once i click on it, cant find any additional information

Try cleaning the cookies.

I captured some screenshots but do not know how to upload it now.

Tried calling CS, CSR is absolutely clueless, just had to hang up... I think she's still talking

http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/?htm=1

*You will receive $200 in bonus rebates which can be redeemed for a $250 check. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after your first purchase for bonus rebates to post to your account. First purchase includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account. To qualify for bonus rebates, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. The bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Only one bonus per account. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for the bonus offer.

Wonder if I qualify... I have an Amazon.com card.

Yup, I see it now. It does sound a little vague for such a large offer, but if it goes through this would be a heckuva offer.

Anybody know the best point-to-cash rate of Chase cards?
because it's a point card not a cash card.

maybe it's a mistake, but i think it's more likely they didn't update their 'terms' page to be be consistent with the 'apply now' page. the latter clearly says 'you will receive $200 in bonus rebates which can be recieved for a $250 check'. i applied and got instant approval...and i printed the 'apply now' page in case i have to fight with them later.

I saw it finally.

tommyliu said: propcgamer said: i found this image: Text on chase.com, but once i click on it, cant find any additional information

Try cleaning the cookies.

I captured some screenshots but do not know how to upload it now.

Applied, didn't get instant decision, hot if it goes through.

http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/flash.asp Direct link to offer page

Im still unclear about the fine print.

jrtang said: http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/?htm=1

ahh, it pays to fully read the fine print. i already have a few chase cards so i'll probably be screwed out of this deal. i'll just make a few small purchases and wait a couple months to see if i get this.

jrtang said: http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/?htm=1

I still am unable to find the * information on the page.

nooch said: jrtang said: http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/?htm=1

ahh, it pays to fully read the fine print. i already have a few chase cards so i'll probably be screwed out of this deal. i'll just make a few small purchases and wait a couple months to see if i get this.

It's really vague.
Do not know what "first-time cardmembers with new accounts" is.

But there are 4 kinds of Freedom cards, so I think it just means you cannot have another Freedom one.

mickcris said: I still am unable to find the * information on the page.

Yeah, I applied, went back and it's no longer there. Try refreshing, clearing cookies/cache, etc.

Does applying for a CLI count as a denial of credit within the 6 months? What the heck, I'm gonna go for it. Tired of missing out on sweet deals like this cause I'm afraid of screwing up my credit too much.

Edit: No instant decision. Dang it!

Im tempted to apply, I doubt I would get it being a student however with a HHI over 150,000 and credit scores around the 700s you never know.

tommyliu said: Anybody know the best point-to-cash rate of Chase cards?
because it's a point card not a cash card.

Oh maybe i'm wrong.
It looks like a CASH card.

I am wondering what the $50 offer that i saw on the homepage is. I already have a chase 5% card so I am pretty sure I am not eligable for the $250 bonus. The $50 bonus would be nice though. I also don't have a card that offers more than 1% on resturants.

KeNDoGG said: http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/flash.asp Direct link to offer page

Im still unclear about the fine print.
Here's a couple more if anyone is still having trouble:
http://resources.chase.com/ViewAd.aspx?AD=|||28678|||
http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/?CELL=6H2R&v=credit250

Skipping 1713 Messages...
OK i got my bonus but wife's (applied like 3 days after mine) is not showing up and also tried the secure message way but they keep telling her she is on rewards points program and there was no 250 bonus when she opened it....I asked her keep emailing back and forth...but anyother way to fight this?

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 1 234544
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014