• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$50 for opening a BB&T (Branch Bank & Trust) checking account.
No mimimums or maintenance fees.

This was advertised in the TurboTax newsletter from Intuit.

Link

BBT.com and BB&T Phone24 Personal Checking Account $50 Incentive Promotion Rules

This promotion applies to personal checking accounts opened through BBT.com and/or BB&T Phone24 (800-BANK-BBT) only. Personal checking accounts opened through a BB&T financial center and/or any and all business/commercial checking accounts and/or health savings accounts and/or custodial checking accounts are not eligible.

Any personal checking account opened through BBT.com and/or BB&T Phone24 (800-BANK-BBT) between February 12, 2007 and March 25, 2007, will receive an automatic account opening incentive of fifty dollars ($50.00). This incentive will be paid to these specific accounts that are active and in good standing with a balance greater than $0.00 as of April 6, 2007. The incentive will be credited to client accounts by April 30, 2007. The value of this incentive will be reported to the IRS as 1099-INT and the recipient is responsible for any related federal, state or local taxes.

The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for Classic Banking is .25% effective February 1, 2007. Classic Banking APY is provided for illustrative purposes only. APY varies by product and is subject to change at any time without notice. Fees may affect earnings. To earn full APY, account must be open for one year.

For more information on this promotion, please visit BBT.com. This offer is subject to change and/or be withdrawn at any time without notice. All standard account opening procedures and disclosures apply. Appropriate account disclosures will be provided during the online account opening application. Offer expires March 25, 2007. Limit one incentive offer per household. Not valid with any other offer or promotion.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You can only apply if you have an address in the following states

Alabama
Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kentucky
Maryland
North Carolina
South Carolina
Tennessee
Virginia
Washington, D.C.
West Virginia

Is this a hard pull? They require 50 dollars to open

I'm a student, so I applied using the "Free student checking" which doesn't require an opening deposit. But they didn't even ask what school I go to, so they must not really care...lol

I applied and was approved should be a easy 50.

Confirmed hard pull. When opened online.

Discplayer said: Confirmed hard pull. When opened online.

No hard pull for me.

Opened account 2/14, just received my $50 bonus 4/26. Has anyone found out if they charge any penalties for closing the account immediately?

A smaller offer, just $25:
here

g10ny said: A smaller offer, just $25:
here

Edit: BTW, did you have the option of funding via credit card?

Watch out for these guys, they are extremely shady. First thing they did to me was place a 'double hold' on my first deposit, putting me 5k in the hole for a 5k deposit. Most ridiculous thing I ever heard of. Then they charged me an overdraft fee. When they made the account balance negative.

Completely avoid this deal at all costs. I sacrificed a hard pull for this, then they intentionally go and overwithdraw your account so they don't have to provide the bonus. Its a scam.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014