• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
I have reviewed my other cards--INCLUDING MY HSBC DIRECT REWARDS CARD--the POST DATE is almost always the same as the TRANSACTION DATE, even on the WEEKENDS; in other words, it is conceivable that HSBC is MANIPULATING the post date to ensure that no reward is ever delivered (seriously, if they can do trans/post for their OTHER credit card, why can't they do it for the one that would pay on the weekends?).

Can you say: CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT?

Think of the aggregate dollars we are talking here...

This card is too YMMV for me. Post dates are almost never the same as the transaction dates on my statements with any card company. I did recently get an invite for the HSBC 2% CashBack card and bit. My 750+ credit score, < $30k reported income (I'm a student) and few recent inquiries got me a $2000 CL. $400 max CashBack per year available in $25 increments. I'm happy to have it even with the low limit.

I went to the hsbccreditcard.com website and clicked apply to go to hsbcapply.com to try the soft-inquiry application to see what cards would be available to me. I really only want the 2% 24/7, not the weekend. But it didn't work. My Experian security freeze might be confusing it.

I get this message after submitting the form:

We're Sorry,

Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request at this time. In order to serve you better, please re-apply at the website at another time or call us at 1-877-277-0948 between the hours of 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (PT) Monday through Friday. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Message 25.

Prior to filing a lawsuit (g-d I love my company's "Free Legal Service" policy!), I will be conducting an experiment using my two HSBC credit cards. On each of Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sunday, I will make duplicate purchases at a number of establisments (e.g., at CVS, a gas station, a restaurant, whatever); then, when next months statements arrive, I will be able to compare the trans & post dates.

Do I really care about the loss of 1%? No. But I *do* care about the (potentially) absolutely bald-faced lying scam of a program...

Daris, in the interest of scientific accuracy, hopefully the test cards are both visas or both mastercards.

But of course...

It's an interesting experiment, but the post date shouldn't matter to the reward calculation. The Weekend Card Rewards Program brochure I received with my card states "Two percent earnings begin at 12:00am on Saturday and continue until 11:59pm on Sunday....The purchase date and time are based on the transaction date and time as processed at the merchant."

All of my transaction dates since I received the card in April are on the weekend in b&m stores (and posting dates are after the weekend) and, like others, I'm only receiving 1%. I've called numerous times and everyone's quite pleasant, but nobody in the HSBC world seems to really understand or care that much about the issue. When I called in early May, they promised a written response by the first week in June. Nothing. Called a few times after that; they always say that this "incident" is under investigation. It's incredible to me that they can't quickly fix this after promoting it as a "weekend" card, but maybe their crack detectives will yet uncover the correct rebate percentage. Until I see my prior rewards adjusted upwards, the card is out of my wallet.

I have not yet received my brochure (which I requested).

As noted, my customer service rep claimed (or admitted) that the 2% applied to post date; I am interested to hear that the brochure stipulates transaction date (as it should).

Received my literature from HSBC; however, no "brochure." Nowhere at all did the literature I receive describe the rewards program--NOWHERE.

eds: do you happen to have a link to the brochure? Conversely, might you be able to scan it(yes, I know that is asking a lot and I understand if that is a bit much).

Thanks!

HSBC Weekend Card Rewards Program Rules brochure

Scan 1
Scan 2
Scan 3
Scan 4

My condolences for those who are having hassles with this card, but you know, from afar, it's very interesting to see a complete failure of a credit cards reward program. I can't recall seeing one before.

eds: you are AWESOME; thanks! Now I wonder why HSBC couldn't include that pamphlet in my literature...

I'll keep you updated:
    Action: emailed customer service
    Response: directed me to "call the number on my card.
    Acton: did that
    Response: a very nice but, ultimately, fruitless conversation with a gentleman in Bangalore (or Delhi, who can tell?). Gave me another number where "the people there will definitely be able to help you with your rewards program." Uh, yeah, right.
    Update: The given #, 800-944-0076, is for reward redemption and has nothing to do with the weekend program, "Sorry sir, I can't help you." No surprise (just mild amusement). She re-directed me back to customer service...

Update:
    Action: on hold with original customer service...

Update:
    Action: we are going back and forth on language--THANKS eds!--rep (very nice) is claiming that program is based on post date, then she went over the whole "internet purchase temporal dislocation" thing...now I am on hold again (awaiting disconnection, really...)

Update:
    Hold going on 10 minutes now...getting suspicious..why not just disconnect me? I can multitask all day...

Today's denouement:
    The poor rep went and made the changes, applying the 2%! She claims that the program is now fixed and that all future weekend purchases will reflect the appropriate reward, and she forgave me my skepticism. We'll see.

Total time expended (admittedly, doing work at the same time--gotta love speakerphone!): about an hour. If the program is NOT automatic, then it is definitely a cost & time sink.

Good luck all!
I'll post further updates...

July 23 update:
Received my latest statement: no corrections made. Called customer service--they claim "THIS TIME for SURE!" Ask that I wait 1-2 billing cycles to see the changes (i.e., before I call again...)

I just tried the pre-screening page.

If I connected from the link on the 2nd post, I ended up having only a pre-approved card WITH ANNUAL FEE!! (not the weekend card)

But if I checked it thru the usual https://www.hsbcapply.com/start/hsbccreditcard, I would be pre-approved for all kinds of cards currently listed on HSBC (all with no annual fee, but still no weekend card).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014