• 123 4 59
  • Page
  • Text Only
they awarded me only 15000 TY points after i applied to the 25000 TY offer.
i had to file a dispute and now waiting "7-10 business days"

donthvname said: stamp0101 said: i went in on this offer about 2 weeks ago...

"jules" - you mentioned that you needed to pay the annual fee and then get refunded...can you explain this in depth a little bit more...i was told by CSR that the annual fee gets charged to the account on the 1 year ann. i was told if the account is closed or the credit line was transfered to a different card before the 1 year, there would be no charge of annual fee...


Either the info is incorrect or you misunderstood.

The Annual Fee is billed on the first statement. The question is, whether Citi allows you to NOT pay the annual fee and downgrade the card (or close it) right after the annual fee is billed. Jules said his experience is you must pay the annual fee in full before it can be pro-rated back as credit on your downgraded card (or whatever card you consolidated it to). This sounds about right.



Maybe they told you the annual fee would be charged on the one year anniversary because your fee for the first year was waived? I was charged the fee on the first statement which I was checking for periodically online. So I called up with my schpiel all ready about how I didn't realize I applied for a card with an annual fee, and the CSR at first told me I wouldn't get any points unless I cancelled this card and reapplied. Then she said unless my points had already posted to my thankyounetwork account and they had. So she switched me to the no fee card and said I'd have to pay a prorated annual fee for the few days I had the card I guess but that it would be credited back to me and should show up within 2 statements. Which is why you have to pay the annual fee and get a refund, because if you don't pay in full, you'll accrue interest at something like 18% because when you switch cards you lose any promotional apr's or balance transfer deals.

I already have a PPE from a previous offer. Think I can apply for this one as well?

thank you all for the clarification. i have not yet received my points as my statement has yet to close. i have also not be hit with the ann. fee yet. the csr rep clearly said that the first annual fee would be charged at the one year mark. they also said that i was only signed up for the 15k TY points. i told them that it was the 25k TY point offer. they said they would look into fixing that error w/in 30 days. 2 days later i called back and was told i had the 25k promotion. so if they do charge me the annual fee i will 1) tell them to go listen to the tape of the csr telling me that i wouldn't be charged, and then 2) would ask to switch to the no fee card and have my ann. fee prorated. hope it works out. thanks for the help.

sumduude said: they awarded me only 15000 TY points after i applied to the 25000 TY offer.
i had to file a dispute and now waiting "7-10 business days"

Same here

stamp0101 said: thank you all for the clarification. i have not yet received my points as my statement has yet to close. i have also not be hit with the ann. fee yet. the csr rep clearly said that the first annual fee would be charged at the one year mark. they also said that i was only signed up for the 15k TY points. i told them that it was the 25k TY point offer. they said they would look into fixing that error w/in 30 days. 2 days later i called back and was told i had the 25k promotion. so if they do charge me the annual fee i will 1) tell them to go listen to the tape of the csr telling me that i wouldn't be charged, and then 2) would ask to switch to the no fee card and have my ann. fee prorated. hope it works out. thanks for the help.

You were told no fee the first year is definitely the 15K offer. That is why you were also being told you would only get 15K.

The 25K offer definitely has the annual fee from the flash ad, and from the Terms and Conditions. If you want the 25K offer, you agree to pay the fee. The way to get around it, is the "switching to the no fee card" route. Wait after your bonus is transferred to TY network first. This is assuming Citi does not plug this loophole, yet.

The 25K offer is taken off the home page more than 2 weeks ago, so the current offer the CSR sees immediately, is the 15K offer with first year fee waived. Even that offer is not directly available, but apparently is still an active offer.

Citi actually is very good in pro-rated annual fee. It started from the old days when AA cards were always with annual fee. When you switched the AA card to a no-fee card, the annual fee was always credited back to the new card pro-rated. So their system is set up for this approach.

MyDiscover said: I applied for the card for me and my SO and got the card and 25,000 points but no annual fee. Maybe a glitch. Thanks OP!

Found out they waived my annual fee because I have a citibank account. Nice.


CitiGolds dont pay fee.

I checked my account online again, because I've been waiting to be able to pay online. Now my balance reflects only the purchases I made but the statement also lists the annual fee. The little card at the top doesn't say elite anymore either. So maybe I won't have to pay the annual fee at all. I wouldn't call citi to switch until you've already got your thank you points in your thankyou account though.

Is this deal still alive? Anyone got 25000 points lately? How long did it take for you to know your application decision, either via email or through phone calls?

I don't care about citigold or anything but I got the 25,000 X 2 points for me and my SO and no annual fee because it was waived I was told.

Bump!

freshwalletdigger said: Is this deal still alive? Anyone got 25000 points lately? How long did it take for you to know your application decision, either via email or through phone calls?

got the 25000 points . Is it possible to move these points to my existing account ( with another citi card ) .

I had no problem converting to the premier pass no annual fee card. You keep the same credit card #'s and you keep the same card you have and they refund the $75 back to the card

chimeer said: I applied and only got 15k points and an anual fee. Feeling like I got the short end of this stick. Even though I went through the citicards.com site and the link that said 25k points. Waisted the last hour on the phone trying to get them to give me the points. Talked with 4 reps and a supervisor finally got a fax number to send them a screenshot of the 25k points offer. I guess worse case scenario I'll waiste enough of manhours that they would have been better off giving me the 10k points in the first place.

Just got my extra 10k points.

chbuzz said: I had no problem converting to the premier pass no annual fee card. You keep the same credit card #'s and you keep the same card you have and they refund the $75 back to the card

I was wondering how many purchase points can be matched with flight points, is it the original 25K or the 10K for no fee PP card?

I did not get 25K. But someone earlier (in the other Citi thread I think) said having got two PPE cards but applied once. I too applied once but Citi sent me two PPE cards. so I got 15K TYP each and CL was 20K on both of the cards. Last week I asked to consolidate, shifted CL and closed one PPE so now I got 40K CL on the remaining card. Couldn't be happier. Few months later I plan to change it to no-fee PP. Thank you FW!

chimeer said: chimeer said: I applied and only got 15k points and an anual fee. Feeling like I got the short end of this stick. Even though I went through the citicards.com site and the link that said 25k points. Waisted the last hour on the phone trying to get them to give me the points. Talked with 4 reps and a supervisor finally got a fax number to send them a screenshot of the 25k points offer. I guess worse case scenario I'll waiste enough of manhours that they would have been better off giving me the 10k points in the first place.

Just got my extra 10k points.

Got approved for only 2K CL today. I don't care cos I signup for the points. Wait to see if it is 25000. Plus, it seems that PPE does not report CL to the credit bureaus, so 2K might just be fine.

I gave it a try. I will try the downsize approach to the no annual fee card after I make my first purchase and get my 25,000 TY points. When you downsize and they pro-rate the annual fee do they still let you keep the promotional 25,000 TY points. Better yet, I like the approach of canceling the card and reapplying for the no annual fee card to get an additional 15,000 TY points from that offer. Has anyone tried that approach successfully? If you cancel the card completely after you receive your 25,000 TY points will they pro-rate the annual fee for the week or two you had the card?

MrVietnam said: If you cancel the card completely after you receive your 25,000 TY points will they pro-rate the annual fee for the week or two you had the card?

You got a full refund if you cancel within 30 days.

I just checked my Experian CR.

Apparently, Citi has not or does not report credit limits for the PPE.

not sure if it's completely legit or not, but the 25000 ty points offer (with $75 annual fee) is available at:

http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1308

i found the link through a site called dealsplus...
i actually need this card, so hopefully it works

brownie20 said: not sure if it's completely legit or not, but the 25000 ty points offer (with $75 annual fee) is available at:

http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1308

After you click on Apply Now button on that page, the next page doesn't show any information about the bonus points. Is that how it is supposed to be?

JustStingy said: brownie20 said: not sure if it's completely legit or not, but the 25000 ty points offer (with $75 annual fee) is available at:

http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1308

After you click on Apply Now button on that page, the next page doesn't show any information about the bonus points. Is that how it is supposed to be?


i think most citi applications are like that. when i applied for my citi dividends card i didnt see the bonus points on the application page...
if you're bored you could always try clicking on the various cards from www.citicards.com and see if the bonus points appear on any of the page. strange thing is i just tried clicking on the citi professional promo through dealsplus and i DO see the 15,000 bonus pts after your first purchase appear on the app page... very strange.

response to my attempt to get the $75 fee back through the citicard online system (I requested the refund based on citigold status):


Your account is not eligible for a credit of the annual membership fee. As stated in the Card Agreement, this fee is non-refundable unless you notify us to cancel your account within 30 days from the mailing or delivery date of the billing statement on which the fee is billed.

We strive to provide you world class customer service and the convenience, safety and purchasing flexibility. Some of the services offered include 24-hour customer service, low-cost life insurance and a credit card registration service. To offset the costs associated with maintaining your account, we charge a nominal annual membership fee.

Thank you for using our website.

Jollybear said: response to my attempt to get the $75 fee back through the citicard online system (I requested the refund based on citigold status):


Your account is not eligible for a credit of the annual membership fee. As stated in the Card Agreement, this fee is non-refundable unless you notify us to cancel your account within 30 days from the mailing or delivery date of the billing statement on which the fee is billed.

We strive to provide you world class customer service and the convenience, safety and purchasing flexibility. Some of the services offered include 24-hour customer service, low-cost life insurance and a credit card registration service. To offset the costs associated with maintaining your account, we charge a nominal annual membership fee.

Thank you for using our website.


Did you try to call in and speak to a Citigold CSR? Is the issue that you did not request the fee back soon enough? I just called in and Citi credited my $75 fee for my AAdvantage card w/o any problem. They appologized for not properly coding the count to begin with.

TomB

Got my points credited with no problem. Now, on to converting the account.

BankofGreed said: Got my points credited with no problem. Now, on to converting the account.

How long did it take this round between getting the card, using it, paying it and receiving the pts?

Thanks!

Citigold CSR got it done, no problem.

tashayar said: BankofGreed said: Got my points credited with no problem. Now, on to converting the account.

How long did it take this round between getting the card, using it, paying it and receiving the pts?

Thanks!


I applied for the card on 5/24. I received and made my first purchase on 6/7. Received bonus TY points on 7/4.

brownie20 said: not sure if it's completely legit or not, but the 25000 ty points offer (with $75 annual fee) is available at:

http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1308

i found the link through a site called dealsplus...
i actually need this card, so hopefully it works


Brownie20, can you confirm if this link worked for 25000 TY points?
Thank you.

chimeer said: chimeer said: I applied and only got 15k points and an anual fee. Feeling like I got the short end of this stick. Even though I went through the citicards.com site and the link that said 25k points. Waisted the last hour on the phone trying to get them to give me the points. Talked with 4 reps and a supervisor finally got a fax number to send them a screenshot of the 25k points offer. I guess worse case scenario I'll waiste enough of manhours that they would have been better off giving me the 10k points in the first place.

Just got my extra 10k points.


Mind sharing that fax number with us and what you had to include with the correspondence?

-cp

Should I downgrade my PP Elite card to the no fee if I have FLIGHT POINTS which should get credited in the next two months???.....




BTW, I also only got 15k the first time and had to fax them the offer

meatballs said: brownie20 said: not sure if it's completely legit or not, but the 25000 ty points offer (with $75 annual fee) is available at:

http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1308

i found the link through a site called dealsplus...
i actually need this card, so hopefully it works


Brownie20, can you confirm if this link worked for 25000 TY points?
Thank you.


will update if i ever get a letter/card from them! to be quite honest tho i've been busy lately so i havent bothered getting the mail recently, but i will definitely let everyone know what happens...

edited for spelling errors. not doing so well on a few hrs of sleep

This is the reply I got back for a request to remove my annual free and convert to PP- Basic -

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the annual fee on your account. At this time, your annual fee is $75.00 and is billed on the first statement and your anniversary date.

The membership fee that was billed to your account is valid and cannot be removed. This fee covers the cost of the many services that are provided with your Citibank membership. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

For further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-950-5114. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Outside the U.S., call collect at 605-335-2222.

Thank you for using our website.


Anybody see a way around it ??

poordealguy said: This is the reply I got back for a request to remove my annual free and convert to PP- Basic -

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the annual fee on your account. At this time, your annual fee is $75.00 and is billed on the first statement and your anniversary date.

The membership fee that was billed to your account is valid and cannot be removed. This fee covers the cost of the many services that are provided with your Citibank membership. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

For further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-950-5114. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Outside the U.S., call collect at 605-335-2222.

Thank you for using our website.



Anybody see a way around it ??


Try calling

Strange, I got inexplicably declined for this card. But Citi issued me 2 other cards I applied at the same time (Professional with 15K TY, AAdvantage for 20K miles after $250). Ironically, this is the only card they would have possibly squeezed an annual fee out of me for...

doesn't citi have a 2 card per 60 day policy?

Trinidon2k said: doesn't citi have a 2 card per 60 day policy?

It depends on which cards you apply for. I was approved for 5 personal and 3 business cards in June. Check out: Multiple citicard apps thread

I got my 25k points on my first statement (along with the $75 annual fee), and after the points posted to my TY account, I called up Citi to downgrade my card to non-elite PP. The CSR claimed there was nothing he could do about refunding the fee, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor said that it was standard policy to refund the entire annual fee if the card is converted within 30 days of the fee being charged, and that I should see a statement credit within two or three days. Sure enough, the full $75 credit showed up three days after downgrading the card.

One drawback was that they jacked up the interest rate from 14.24% to 18.24% after the conversion. They claimed that the original 14.24% was a "promotional" rate for new accounts only.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but can't find any mention of this in the terms and conditions. The Chase/United cards you had to keep open for 6 months after applying at risk of losing your miles if you closed earlier. Do any of the Citibank cards have any kind of provision that you need to keep your account open for xx months? (i.e. caforce, did your thankyou points stay) I'm mainly worried about the signup bonus (I had 5-6 cards, total of 50k TY pts now). Want to close all of them out, but don't want to risk points earned.

P.S. I know I'll get yelled at for closing out cards.. but I have the SPG AMEX I use primarily (and the Chase Cash Plus!) and see a better value with those two than hanging onto the Citi PremierPass.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014