• Text Only
All of my TY points stayed in my TY account, but keep in mind that I did not close my PP card- I just downgraded it. If you read the "Directory of Services" that came with the PP card, it only says that you will lose TY points that have not been transferred to your TY account when you close your PP card, and does not mention anything about points that have already transferred. It does say that those points will expire after three years if no qualifying purchase is made in that time, so maybe the points are only good for three years after closing your PP card.

Sorry, this response is a little late. I did this about a month ago (you can check when I last posted) and got the 25000 points. I also called to get the $75 annual fee refunded to me (I am a Citigold customer)

meatballs said: brownie20 said: not sure if it's completely legit or not, but the 25000 ty points offer (with $75 annual fee) is available at:

http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1308

i found the link through a site called dealsplus...
i actually need this card, so hopefully it works

Brownie20, can you confirm if this link worked for 25000 TY points?
Thank you.

BankofGreed said: tashayar said: BankofGreed said: Got my points credited with no problem. Now, on to converting the account.

How long did it take this round between getting the card, using it, paying it and receiving the pts?

Thanks!

I applied for the card on 5/24. I received and made my first purchase on 6/7. Received bonus TY points on 7/4.

Update: I called on 7/26 to downgrade my PPE card to a regular PP, and was refunded a pro-rated annual fee of $69. Spending $7 was not bad for 25,000 TY points.

Another way to avoid the $75 fee is to have a Citigold checking acount with Citibank.

It does not require any minimum balance for the first 6 months - and then you can downgrade or close. In order to keep the account fee-free afterwards you need to have a combined balance of $100,000 in combined accounts. Those include savings, investment, and credit card balances - so it you do a $100,000 BT you're there. Otherwise it's $15 a month. Plus you can earn 1200 TY points/month with this account (worth about $12 in student loan payments). The Citigold has other benefits for some, also - like free travelers checks, etc.

Warning: If you go for the free AAdvantage debit card for the 10,000 bonus AA miles you will lose the rest of the TY points for the banking relationship. You can probably switch back the following month though.

I have a Citigold account, would I call the Premierpass elite 24 hour customer support or Citigold customer service about getting the annual fee refunded?

NachA said: I have a Citigold account, would I call the Premierpass elite 24 hour customer support or Citigold customer service about getting the annual fee refunded?
Call Citigold customer service for Citigold-related fee waivers. When I called my banking rep (I have Citigold through my lawyer PB account), she had my fee refunded and then I received a new terms and conditions sheet in the mail that stated the annual fee is $0 every 12 months.

I am still trying to figure out if converting an Elite PP card to a regular PP will result in losing all flight points that were not matched yet with purchase point. Anyone has experience doing that?

I have a 2 years old Elite card with about 20,000 flight points that have not been matched yet to purchase points. The annual fee is coming up and I think the regular PP card would be good enough for me.

Another update on the missing bonus point problem that people are having...

I signed up for the PPE card in May and was offered 25k bonus points. I even made a printout of the application page with the terms listed, the web URL on citicards.com, and a date/time stamp. I only got 15k points.

ROUND 1:
I called a CSR and he told me to mail in my printout-- which I did. I got a reply letter in the mail 2 weeks later stating that "we have investigated your application data and determined that you both selected and received an offer for a 15,000 ThankYou Point enrollment bonus..."

ROUND 2:
I called a CSR who apologized and then transferred me to American Airlines (!?????).

ROUND 3:
Called back and spoke to another CSR who eventually transferred me to an accounts manager. She told me that CitiBank has a database system (Apollo) that matches the offer number on your application to your account. When a CSR "investigates your application data" they simply send a request to an internal department who checks Apollo for what your offer was and sends you a letter. She couldn't help me with the 10k points, but gave me 5k as an apology (max they can give).

For those of you who kept printouts of your application, check your offer number. Mine was 1308 and despite what the text on the webpage was, the Apollo database thinks that its 15k bonus points.

Pen said: Another update on the missing bonus point problem that people are having...

I signed up for the PPE card in May and was offered 25k bonus points. I even made a printout of the application page with the terms listed, the web URL on citicards.com, and a date/time stamp. I only got 15k points.

ROUND 1:
I called a CSR and he told me to mail in my printout-- which I did. I got a reply letter in the mail 2 weeks later stating that "we have investigated your application data and determined that you both selected and received an offer for a 15,000 ThankYou Point enrollment bonus..."

ROUND 2:
I called a CSR who apologized and then transferred me to American Airlines (!?????).

ROUND 3:
Called back and spoke to another CSR who eventually transferred me to an accounts manager. She told me that CitiBank has a database system (Apollo) that matches the offer number on your application to your account. When a CSR "investigates your application data" they simply send a request to an internal department who checks Apollo for what your offer was and sends you a letter. She couldn't help me with the 10k points, but gave me 5k as an apology (max they can give).

For those of you who kept printouts of your application, check your offer number. Mine was 1308 and despite what the text on the webpage was, the Apollo database thinks that its 15k bonus points.

Don't give up so easilly call back until you get somone helpful... I just called every other day for 3 weeks finally got some one helpful and the extra 10k thank you points. Maybe they had figured out I was going to cost them waaaay more than 100$ in man hours for the phone conversations with customer service.

Can someone validate my findings that the CL for this card is NOT reported to any of the 3 bureaus? TIA

01LX said: Can someone validate my findings that the CL for this card is NOT reported to any of the 3 bureaus? TIA

The CL is reported as $0 on my Equifax report. No limit is reported on the other two.

Hi,

I just got my PPE card in the mail. How would I go about checking how many Thank You Points I've received? TIA

NachA said: Hi,

I just got my PPE card in the mail. How would I go about checking how many Thank You Points I've received? TIA

You'll see them once your first billing cycle closes. In the meanwhile you may want to set up your TYN account if you don't have one already.

HI Premiere Pass Veterans,

I have the following scenario:

Already have Premiere Pass card, which has accumalated about 80,000 points (I think about 20,000 was from miles). All of this 80,000 is eligible for redeeming.

I am now having big time international travel for me and family. So upgraded to Elite. I will be getting about 60,000 points (flying points) in the next few months. I see that Elite has a restriction of redeeming flight points only for matching purchase points.

Now that I already have 80,000 points (from my old premiere pass [regular] card), will this 60,000 points got from flying, using elite card, be available for redemption or should the purchase be made on the elite card ?

I hope my question is not too confusing.

Thanks

tmohan26 said: HI Premiere Pass Veterans,

I have the following scenario:

Already have Premiere Pass card, which has accumalated about 80,000 points (I think about 20,000 was from miles). All of this 80,000 is eligible for redeeming.

I am now having big time international travel for me and family. So upgraded to Elite. I will be getting about 60,000 points (flying points) in the next few months. I see that Elite has a restriction of redeeming flight points only for matching purchase points.

Now that I already have 80,000 points (from my old premiere pass [regular] card), will this 60,000 points got from flying, using elite card, be available for redemption or should the purchase be made on the elite card ?

I hope my question is not too confusing.

Thanks

Since you will receive 60K in Flyer Miles with your PP Elite, you will need to make a matching purchase of $60K to convert those Flyer Miles into regular TYPs. I guess, the best way to think about it is getting 2% on purchases.

I got my CPP with 25000 points 3 weeks back. Thanks OP, the 25000 still works!

dealinmydays said: I got my CPP with 25000 points 3 weeks back. Thanks OP, the 25000 still works!

Did you check your points by looking at the statement you received in the mail? I tried setting up my PPE card online @ thankyounetwork.com and couldn't get it setup.

deleted.

NachA said: dealinmydays said: I got my CPP with 25000 points 3 weeks back. Thanks OP, the 25000 still works!

Did you check your points by looking at the statement you received in the mail? I tried setting up my PPE card online @ thankyounetwork.com and couldn't get it setup.

Call the TYN number. I have tried setting up several accounts on their site and was never able to do so. One call consolidated all my accounts.

Chimeer, did you also use the 1308 link? I'm wondering what we need to do besides saving screenshot to prove to Citi that the offer was indeed for 25,000 points.

Note that offer now (as of 9/30) states that $500 in spending is required for bonus points. Older versions of offer gave bonus points "after first purchase".

For those who downgraded the Elite card to a regular one,
Did You Loose the points that were already transfered to your Thank You account?

i.e. I got 25k points, which are already linked with my other citi accounts and all points are in the ThankYou account.
I called to downgrade and CR (and her supervisor) tell me that I will loose the points.

are they mistaken?

I downgraded after the 25k points hit my TY account, and nothing bad has happened yet. It's been more than one statement cycle. And I don't think they will be leaving.

There is a slim chance that Citibank changed policy, but you'd be the first person to find out. I say go for it!

I am downgrading mine next month and I hope that it won't affect my flight points. Now, would it affect the 0% APR on outstanding BT's?

I called again, and spoke to a different CSR and was told that TY points will not be deducted if downgrade, so I am thinking the earlier CSR had no idea what she was saying.

Not sure about flight points, nor 0% ARP.
the 2 differences mentioned were regular ARP going up and ability to earn 100k points (instead of 200k)

The 25,000 points appears to still be working.

There is also a 20,000 point offer (with $75 annual fee) in today's paper in case the 25k goes away/has gone away.

Offer code K1F6 through 12/15/07

apply.citicards.com
800 883 0585

alik99 said: I called again, and spoke to a different CSR and was told that TY points will not be deducted if downgrade, so I am thinking the earlier CSR had no idea what she was saying.

I downgraded and points stayed in the account

Does anybody still have a copy of the original offer? I applied before the 9/30 deadline but they only credited me 15K pts.

Thanks.

Sweet! Just got my 25k points today. Thanks again guys!

Is the annual fee waived for the first year?

Bump! Any help is appreciated.

gatsu said: Does anybody still have a copy of the original offer? I applied before the 9/30 deadline but they only credited me 15K pts.

Thanks.

gatsu said: Bump! Any help is appreciated.

gatsu said: Does anybody still have a copy of the original offer? I applied before the 9/30 deadline but they only credited me 15K pts.

Thanks.

I have a pdf of the offer and terms from August 22nd. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you.
Roman

What are you guys downgrading to? What's the easiest card that you can downgrade to that a CSR won't screw up? LOL

I think my diamond preferred cards needed a $1000 minimum credit limit... but my dividend cards only needed a $500 minimum credit limit. So maybe the dividend card is better to downgrade to since I will be reallocating this line after the downgrade?

DjPiLL said: What are you guys downgrading to? What's the easiest card that you can downgrade to that a CSR won't screw up? LOL

I think my diamond preferred cards needed a $1000 minimum credit limit... but my dividend cards only needed a $500 minimum credit limit. So maybe the dividend card is better to downgrade to since I will be reallocating this line after the downgrade?

I downgraded to the regular premier pass card.

BankofGreed said: DjPiLL said: What are you guys downgrading to? What's the easiest card that you can downgrade to that a CSR won't screw up? LOL

I downgraded to the regular premier pass card.

One issue I have though... Citi classified this card PP Elite as a "no spending limit card" thus they will not reallocate limits from this card to other cards. Don't the same no spending limit rules apply for the regular PP card?

Both regular PP and PPE are NPSL cards, and therefore have the non-reporting credit limit problem.

I'm trying to decide if I should downgrade or not. Is $75 not worth it for this card? It seems like it is. Even if I just did one companion travel a year. If I'm going to pay an annual for for a card, are there better ones out there? Thanks.

billygreen23 said: I'm trying to decide if I should downgrade or not. Is $75 not worth it for this card? It seems like it is. Even if I just did one companion travel a year. If I'm going to pay an annual for for a card, are there better ones out there? Thanks.

Most cases, the free companion isn't really that worth it.... the tickets are generally more expensive that just buying 2 at regular price online, etc

Again, YMMV

Ok my wife's first statement just closed and 25k thank you points have been deposited to her account. Nice.

So now I have to have her call Citi and ask them to convert this card to something else and get the $75 annual fee waived? I am going to ask her to get either a diamond preferred, dividend, or platinum select card. The main goal here to convert it to something that she can then reallocate the limit because right now she has an 11k limit on this card and it would be nice to get most of this over to her business line for BT monies.

Anyone have recent data points on this?

DjPiLL said: Ok my wife's first statement just closed and 25k thank you points have been deposited to her account. Nice.

So now I have to have her call Citi and ask them to convert this card to something else and get the $75 annual fee waived? I am going to ask her to get either a diamond preferred, dividend, or platinum select card. The main goal here to convert it to something that she can then reallocate the limit because right now she has an 11k limit on this card and it would be nice to get most of this over to her business line for BT monies.

Anyone have recent data points on this?

I did this with my wife's PP Elite card last month. (Oddly enough with the same $11K CL.) Converted to Dividend MC and reallocated to a Citi Biz card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014