• 15678 9
  • Page
  • Text Only
lilyyoungs said: I have the PPE card since 2007 with 250k bonus points.

I made a purchase in 2007 and get about 8k flight points. Since that purchase, I didn't use this card.

If the bonus point counts as purchase points, can the rest of my bonus points (250k-8k) match up my future ticket puechase to earn flight points? or it's already expired.

Is it 250K bonus points, or 25K bonus points? I ask because I can not see how you accumulate 250K bonus points on ONE card.

There were 25K, 20K, and 15K intro bonus offers, so it is feasible for you to have 25K bonus card.

And IMO the answer to your question is yes. I.e., if you have Y number of {bonus+purchase} points, and you have matched X number of points for flights, then X - Y can still be matched. You can start out by buying a short-haul ticket to test if you get the match.

If you are buying a single long-haul ticket, might be a better option to get a new PPE card with 20K bonus. Usually, R&R should work, but you are taking a little risk of rejection and AA>

tolamapS said: lilyyoungs said: I have the PPE card since 2007 with 250k bonus points.

I made a purchase in 2007 and get about 8k flight points. Since that purchase, I didn't use this card.

If the bonus point counts as purchase points, can the rest of my bonus points (250k-8k) match up my future ticket puechase to earn flight points? or it's already expired.

Is it 250K bonus points, or 25K bonus points? I ask because I can not see how you accumulate 250K bonus points on ONE card.

There were 25K, 20K, and 15K intro bonus offers, so it is feasible for you to have 25K bonus card.

And IMO the answer to your question is yes. I.e., if you have Y number of {bonus+purchase} points, and you have matched X number of points for flights, then X - Y can still be matched. You can start out by buying a short-haul ticket to test if you get the match.

If you are buying a single long-haul ticket, might be a better option to get a new PPE card with 20K bonus. Usually, R&R should work, but you are taking a little risk of rejection and AA>

Thanks.
I mean 25K bonus. Sorry for the typo.
So you mean the unmatched (bonus +purchase) point will stay there for ever until it's matched ?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014