• 12 3 459
  • Page
  • Text Only
I have already Premier Pass Elite card. Am I eligible for 25000 points if apply for the second Premier Pass Elite account?

I got instant approval.

chbuzz said: Hmmm Is anyone getting instant approval? It's saying a snail mail response is on the way. I think this is the first time I didn't get instant approval.

LawrenceKS said: I got instant approval.

chbuzz said: Hmmm Is anyone getting instant approval? It's saying a snail mail response is on the way. I think this is the first time I didn't get instant approval.

No instant approval for me, but approved within 4 days of applying. Check the number in the other PP thread if you want to check your application status.

Floydian said: LawrenceKS said: I got instant approval.

No instant approval for me, but approved within 4 days of applying. Check the number in the other PP thread if you want to check your application status.

If you get the screen that asks you to customize your account, they've pretty much already approved you.

Hmmmmm, all these BT fees! Sometimes $250 maximum or sometimes $75 maximum. How come I can't find a 0%APR card where they waive the BT Fee??? I always used to get those. Can anyone point me in the right direction or am I looking for something that no longer exists? THanks

BankofGreed said: Floydian said: LawrenceKS said: I got instant approval.

If you get the screen that asks you to customize your account, they've pretty much already approved you.

Where'd you get this information from? I got the customize page but know for a fact that Citi didn't even pull my CR until at least 24 hours later. I use both AMEX CS and TC. I did get an approval email a couple days later though so I'm just wondering.

I got a call today at WORK.. Citi telling me there processing the card and I would only get a 2k limit unless I trasnfer some of my line from another card. I did get the customize page though when I applied; now I'll just wait to get the points and downgrade to the fee free premierpass

chbuzz said: I got a call today at WORK.. Citi telling me there processing the card and I would only get a 2k limit unless I trasnfer some of my line from another card. I did get the customize page though when I applied; now I'll just wait to get the points and downgrade to the fee free premierpass

Chbuzz, please keep us updated on your progress. If you're successful in downgrading without paying the feel, I will definitely apply for this card.

Thanks

3% BT fee no CAP..

alleni said: BankofGreed said: Floydian said: LawrenceKS said: I got instant approval.

Where'd you get this information from? I got the customize page but know for a fact that Citi didn't even pull my CR until at least 24 hours later. I use both AMEX CS and TC. I did get an approval email a couple days later though so I'm just wondering.

There has been numerous instances of folks getting the customization screen before they were approved. I can also tell from personal experience that I have received the customization screen each and every time (5 and counting) I was approved.

is there some way to skip the fees after getting the TY points .

BankofGreed said: There has been numerous instances of folks getting the customization screen before they were approved. I can also tell from personal experience that I have received the customization screen each and every time (5 and counting) I was approved.

I dont know if there is really relationship between the customize screen and the approval decision. I got customized screen each time I applied but I did get denial at least once, if not 2 times, over the past 12 months. (fwiw, it was far more than 5 times I applied Citi cards)

I wish the customized screen has predictory value, but I remain somewhat skepticle.

donthvname said: Citi Gold is NOT a card - it is a name for account management - you need to have 100K asset with Citi then you become Citi Gold, or if you have mortgage with Citk, your mortgage needs to be 250K, then you become Citi Gold. Just off the top of my head, but you can find details on Citi site.

Nutwood said: tbuccelli said: Nutwood said: Its up and working.
ok deal. dont forget theres 75.00 annual fee. Citi is tuff on waving it even if you cancel card shortly. but you still get 175.00 worth bonus thru TY network.

Just as an FYI, Citibank will waive the $75 fee if you have CitiGold.

Which card is the Citi Gold & does it have a fee ?

Actually, Citi Gold is probably usable here. The minimum balance requirement is to be met within 6 months from account opening. Minimum required to open is just $500. Why not open a Citi Gold account, get this card (25k points offer) with the fee waived, then close the Gold account before 6 months are up? Haven't tried it myself but if it works, the card offer is extra hot!!

bozo007 said: Actually, Citi Gold is probably usable here. The minimum balance requirement is to be met within 6 months from account opening. Minimum required to open is just $500. Why not open a Citi Gold account, get this card (25k points offer) with the fee waived, then close the Gold account before 6 months are up? Haven't tried it myself but if it works, the card offer is extra hot!!

During the period you are under the minimum balance requirement you will incur hefty monthly maintenance fee. It would easily wipe out the "waived $75". Besides, there might be an account closing fee if you dont keep your Citi Gold for X months. Read all the fine prints to make sure there is a loophole exists, before you jump in.

I have already Premier Pass Elite card. Am I eligible for 25000 points if apply for the second Premier Pass Elite account?

Nutwood said: Throwstheball said: discoandy said: Throwstheball said: discoandy said: I got the PP elite from the previous offer which waived the annual fee, and I have to say I'm impressed.

What was the previous offer?

It's Alive! Citi PremierPass Elite W/ 15,000 bonus TY points and annual fee WAIVED!!

Thanks kindly.

Still think this offer is better. bec. even if u can't downgrade the card to a no annual card later it still only cost u 75 $ which is about 7500 TY points.

Can you use the TY poins to pay the annual fee?

Quick question, do thankyoupoints earned on other citi accounts count towards the "purchase points" for matching "flight points?"

RadagastMOD said: Quick question, do thankyoupoints earned on other citi accounts count towards the "purchase points" for matching "flight points?"

No..

I consider PPE a 2% Cash Back card because as somebody pointed you need to match flight point with purchase point. I have like 80,000 flight points but i don't think i will be able to transfer it in next 4-5 years. I will try to convert that to a non elite card and hope the flight point stays.

Hello,

I am sorry if my question seems to be a re-post (I couldn't find complete information elsewhere and hence this post.)
I already have the citi dividend platinum select card, which I use extensively and the citi professional card that I got a month ago just for the sake of the $150 bonus points (also have 2 other cc's not with citi though). Also, now I am thinking of getting the citi PPE card to avail $250 (-$75 if need be). Although, I will be purchasing a lot of airline tickets in the next couple of months, I do not intend to just accumulate the travel points and then wait to accumulate equivalent purchase points. I was wondering if it is a good idea to take the PPE, get the 25000 points and then cancel the card within a month or so? And soon cancel the citi prof. card too. So, here I am assuming that once I cancel these 2 cards, my TY network would have approx. 15000+25000 points which I could use toward any gift cards, etc (cancelling the cards won't forfeit my TY points...it may affect my credit history though, not sure). Am I correct? Comments/suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

bozo007 said: donthvname said: Citi Gold is NOT a card - it is a name for account management - you need to have 100K asset with Citi then you become Citi Gold, or if you have mortgage with Citk, your mortgage needs to be 250K, then you become Citi Gold. Just off the top of my head, but you can find details on Citi site.

Nutwood said: tbuccelli said: Nutwood said: Its up and working.
ok deal. dont forget theres 75.00 annual fee. Citi is tuff on waving it even if you cancel card shortly. but you still get 175.00 worth bonus thru TY network.

Just as an FYI, Citibank will waive the $75 fee if you have CitiGold.

Which card is the Citi Gold & does it have a fee ?

Actually, Citi Gold is probably usable here. The minimum balance requirement is to be met within 6 months from account opening. Minimum required to open is just $500. Why not open a Citi Gold account, get this card (25k points offer) with the fee waived, then close the Gold account before 6 months are up? Haven't tried it myself but if it works, the card offer is extra hot!!

I got the Citi Gold account last year when applied for Citi Refinance and the rep told me that with Gold account I can get another $750 discount on closing fees and I can use new account for 6 month and then close it so I dont have to pay any fees. This year when I called them to closed CITI Gold account they asked me why I'm doing so and I said I dont want to pay any monthly fees so rep told me that he can take care of it and I NEVER HAVE TO PAY the fees for CITI GOLD.
2 weeks ago I applied and got PPE and called them to waive the fees, at the begining I was told that they can not do that, but when I linked that PPE to my checking account and called them again, rep told me that all fees will be waived since I have CITI GOLD.

Now with 25K points was some confusion, rep told me that I'll get only 15K , but if I find that offer and fax it to them they'll honor 25K. So I came to this thread again and got that offer and print it to PDF, will fax it to them tomorow. AND also since it is PPE I get FREE compaion ticket as well. So if I fly to Sietle, WA from NYC that offer can save me ~ $1500

Regarding 0% BT for 15 month, I moved the credit line from other citi CC's to this card (ask any rep and he can do that for you) and told them to send me check for that amount and waive the fees. For now they said no to waiving fees, so I'll wait and will try another time since that offer is good for 12 month from the time of opening account, so will do it may be next year and then 0% stay for 15 month.

Called today Citi & was told on my acct. i will get only 15000 TY points at end of cycle. What do i do ??

looks like the offer is dead as of now .

thanks OP. I got my 25000 points with first statement. (and $75 in annual fee)

Nutwood said: Called today Citi & was told on my acct. i will get only 15000 TY points at end of cycle. What do i do ??

Print out a copy of the webpage that states 25,000 points after first purchase, and fax it over. make sure the TY points posts before you make any additional calls.

I was just at my branch this weekend doing a refinance and I asked the CSR about credit cards and he showed me the page where they were advertising the 25K points, but then he surfed away from it and couldn't find it again, so maybe it's still out there.

is it possible to convert ty points to feq flier miles ( nwa, Delta, continental etc ) ?

manuvns said: is it possible to convert ty points to feq flier miles ( nwa, Delta, continental etc ) ?

Does it say so in the reward redemption? I dont think this is offered as a form of redemption.

cueball said: I was just at my branch this weekend doing a refinance and I asked the CSR about credit cards and he showed me the page where they were advertising the 25K points, but then he surfed away from it and couldn't find it again, so maybe it's still out there.

It is still there:

http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1308

Hi

I got an email today asking me to UPGRADE my PremierPass to PremierPass ELITE with "FREE companion ticket offer". Their website does not have much info about this except that it will be offered thru Spirit Incentives. Has anyone have used Free Companion ticket offer?
How good is it? Are the rates comparable to Orbitz or Expedia?
Is it valid for international tickets also?
Is it one time offer or you can use it as many times as possible?

Thanks

aminoacid said: Hi

I got an email today asking me to UPGRADE my PremierPass to PremierPass ELITE with "FREE companion ticket offer". Their website does not have much info about this except that it will be offered thru Spirit Incentives. Has anyone have used Free Companion ticket offer?
How good is it? Are the rates comparable to Orbitz or Expedia?
Is it valid for international tickets also?
Is it one time offer or you can use it as many times as possible?

Thanks

Rates are higher than Orbitz or expedia. In some cases, it is actually cheaper to buy from Orbitz or expedia rather than use the free companion ticket offer. The tickets may not be as restricted as Orbitz tickets (ie change fees). It is not valid for international tickets - 48 states + Hawaii if I remember correctly. You can use it as many times as you want.

Has anyone converted an Elite PP card to a regular PP and was able to keep his flight points?

I have a 2 years old Elite card with about 20,000 flight points that have not been matched yet to purchase points. The annual fee is coming up next month and I think the regular PP card would be good enough for me.

I think this is somewhat of a good deal.

Cash in 25,000 TY pts and get $250, less $75 ann. fee, $175 in pocket.

BT $9,000, $250 in BT fee. Not worth it for me.

I made my first purchase and the statement posted on the 11th. I called today to see about downgrading to the regular premier pass card. Since the points had already posted I was able to keep the 25000, but the annual fee would be prorated. She first suggested that I cancel the card and reapply for the regular pp card in order to get the points, but I didn't want another inquiry so she switched me but said I would lose any introductory apr's and my apr went up. No big deal if you're not carrying a balance.

The other thing to be careful of, is you have to pay the annual fee in full and then receive a statement credit in order to avoid being charged interest.

i went in on this offer about 2 weeks ago...

"jules" - you mentioned that you needed to pay the annual fee and then get refunded...can you explain this in depth a little bit more...i was told by CSR that the annual fee gets charged to the account on the 1 year ann. i was told if the account is closed or the credit line was transfered to a different card before the 1 year, there would be no charge of annual fee...

AlexTheMan said: Has anyone converted an Elite PP card to a regular PP and was able to keep his flight points?

Yes.

I applied for the card for me and my SO and got the card and 25,000 points but no annual fee. Maybe a glitch. Thanks OP!

Found out they waived my annual fee because I have a citibank account. Nice.

I applied and only got 15k points and an anual fee. Feeling like I got the short end of this stick. Even though I went through the citicards.com site and the link that said 25k points. Waisted the last hour on the phone trying to get them to give me the points. Talked with 4 reps and a supervisor finally got a fax number to send them a screenshot of the 25k points offer. I guess worse case scenario I'll waiste enough of manhours that they would have been better off giving me the 10k points in the first place.

Can we use the TY points and the companion ticket offer together to get 2 free tickets on the same flight? In order to use the companion tickets, do I need to pay the 1st ticket out of my pocket?

stamp0101 said: i went in on this offer about 2 weeks ago...

"jules" - you mentioned that you needed to pay the annual fee and then get refunded...can you explain this in depth a little bit more...i was told by CSR that the annual fee gets charged to the account on the 1 year ann. i was told if the account is closed or the credit line was transfered to a different card before the 1 year, there would be no charge of annual fee...

Either the info is incorrect or you misunderstood.

The Annual Fee is billed on the first statement. The question is, whether Citi allows you to NOT pay the annual fee and downgrade the card (or close it) right after the annual fee is billed. Jules said his experience is you must pay the annual fee in full before it can be pro-rated back as credit on your downgraded card (or whatever card you consolidated it to). This sounds about right.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014