• 1 23459
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was logging into my Citibank card online at www.citicards.com and noticed on the offers that cycle through (the 2nd offer) that they are offering the PremierPass card with a 25000 bonus, and 15 month BT (has 3%/$250 cap fee). Note it has a $75 annual fee. This still is a pretty good deal to get 25000 TY points, especially if you can find a way to avoid the annual fee. Originally link was not working but is working now.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Has anyone been successful in transferring their PP CL to their Forward card?

Jobowoo (Feb. 10, 2010 @ 8:56p) |

Is it 250K bonus points, or 25K bonus points? I ask because I can not see how you accumulate 250K bonus points on ONE c... (more)

tolamapS (Feb. 10, 2010 @ 10:39p) |

Thanks.
I mean 25K bonus. Sorry for the typo.
So you mean the unmatched (bonus +purchase) point will stay there for ever ... (more)

lilyyoungs (Feb. 12, 2010 @ 11:28a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i got the same thing maybe they will fix it so i can get in on it. thanks op i never would have noticed even though i use that site daily.

Holy crap, 25k TY points and a 0% deal? That's pretty hot. Beats up on the short-lived Chase Freedom deal. Wonder if I can get the offer to show up right on my web browser.

Edit: okay, at this moment, it looks like citibank needs to get their site figured out:
(Edit 2: looks like it's fixed, the promo link works)

Here is the link page to one of the working offers:
http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1320

Here is the link to the busted PPE app:
http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1308

Changing the numbers gets you to other random offers, but I didn't see a working PPE link.

Just got off the phone with citi, they see the problem, should be fixed in next 2 hours. i pushed them to make a note for my name that i do get the offer even if not avaliable later. they took down my name and social address. lets see

LINK

Just got the discosure up on my computer. $75 annual fee and 3%/$250 cap BT fee. I'll pass on this unless something chages.

Its up and working.
ok deal. dont forget theres 75.00 annual fee. Citi is tuff on waving it even if you cancel card shortly. but you still get 175.00 worth bonus thru TY network.

Well, I can see two uses for this card:

1) Bonus point-whoring.
2) The mother of all balance transfers. With a sufficiently large transfer, the extra 3 months on the 15 month transfer could be nice.

I'm pretty sure it's going to find it's way into my next AOR though!

Thanks OP

The annual fee every year is too much..but still better than the 15k TY points regular deal. worth applying.

The no annual fee card is also now offering a 10,000 point bonus and 15 month BT (3% fee, $250 cap). The usual offer is 5,000 points.

Other FW's in the past have applied for the PP Elite card, got the bonus points, and then called in to downgrade to the regular PP card. If you do within a month or so, I've also read they'll refund the annual fee.

I just noticed that the T+C is only mentioning the normal 12 month BT. The offer page says 15 months but when you click on the T+C, it states "Balance transfer APR: As long as first balance transfer is completed within 12 months from date of account opening, 0.00% for 12 months from date of first balance transfer. After that, 14.24% variable."

Citi needs to get their act together...

Remember these will probably post as purchase points so you can match them with 25,000 flight points!!

Extremely hot deal in my opinion!

piyush123 said: Remember these will probably post as purchase points so you can match them with 25,000 flight points!!

wooooo. yup i think this is hot.. too bad i just applied for one 2 months ago!
I wonder when this offer will end. I wanna apply for this again in a bit!

Nutwood said: Its up and working.
ok deal. dont forget theres 75.00 annual fee. Citi is tuff on waving it even if you cancel card shortly. but you still get 175.00 worth bonus thru TY network.

Just as an FYI, Citibank will waive the $75 fee if you have CitiGold.

Are points earned on flights booked through the TY/Expedia redemption site using only points?

Holy crap, 25k TY points and a 0% deal? That's pretty hot. Beats up on the short-lived Chase Freedom deal.

1) I value $250 cash over 25K TY points. YMMV

2) $250 BT fee means it is going to take a long time before I even break even (I don't itemize so I'd need to earn $250 in after tax dollars). In the mean time my utilization is hurting which could prevent me from getting a 0%/ no fee or $75 fee offer. No to mention in order to maintain the BT for the full 15 months you would probably have to pay out $150 in annual fees. You might get some of the second $75 payment back, I don't know.

No reason not to go for both deals, but I'll take (and did) the Chase deal myself.

I applied for this thing in my last AOR about 1.5 months ago and only 10k pts was offered. Think I can hassle them for the other 15k pts?

Well I have to disagree with Scooty on YMMV. Its not YMMV. You can obviously get 250 worth GC or else better off an expensive flight ticket worth more than 250 bucks.

aandt1999 said: I was logging into my Citibank card online at www.citicards.com and noticed on the offers that cycle through (the 2nd offer) that they are offering the PremierPass card with a 25000 bonus, and 15 month BT (has 3%/$250 cap fee). Note it has a $75 annual fee. This still is a pretty good deal to get 25000 TY points, especially if you can find a way to avoid the annual fee. Originally link was not working but is working now.

Regarding the fee. I just swapped out my elite card (via a phone rep) to a regular one and they said that I would get a refund on the fee and that the TY pts will stay. Hope that helps.

piyush123 said: Remember these will probably post as purchase points so you can match them with 25,000 flight points!!

Forgive my ignorance....what does it mean when you state that the purchase points can be matched by flight points?

Can these "flight points" be used in any frequent flier program?

Thanks.

I just tried and got the offer here: http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1308&locale=en_US
I am not sure if this would work for everybody.

markkundinger said: Holy crap, 25k TY points and a 0% deal? That's pretty hot. Beats up on the short-lived Chase Freedom deal. Wonder if I can get the offer to show up right on my web browser.

Edit: okay, at this moment, it looks like citibank needs to get their site figured out:

Here is the link page to one of the working offers:
http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1320

Here is the link to the busted PPE app:
http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1308

Changing the numbers gets you to other random offers, but I didn't see a working PPE link.

tbuccelli said: Nutwood said: Its up and working.

Which card is the Citi Gold & does it have a fee ?

Citi Gold is NOT a card - it is a name for account management - you need to have 100K asset with Citi then you become Citi Gold, or if you have mortgage with Citk, your mortgage needs to be 250K, then you become Citi Gold. Just off the top of my head, but you can find details on Citi site.

Nutwood said: tbuccelli said: Nutwood said: Its up and working.

Which card is the Citi Gold & does it have a fee ?

When use PPE (or PP) to buy airline tickets, the actual miles you fly, become flight points. However, such flight points would not go to TY for redemption, until it is matched by purchase point, at 1:1 ratio. Once they are credited to your TY account, you can redeem it anyway you want as if they are the TY pt. No, you cannot use it for miles, but TY has a reward category for Travel. To better learn about how that works, either do a search here (numerous threads discuss how to maximize the value of your TY pts - by far is to redeem it for airline tickets), or go to TY site and read thru the Travel Reward section.

jescruizin said: piyush123 said: Remember these will probably post as purchase points so you can match them with 25,000 flight points!!

Forgive my ignorance....what does it mean when you state that the purchase points can be matched by flight points?

Can these "flight points" be used in any frequent flier program?

Thanks.

ScootyPuffSr said:

25K TY pts definitely = or >, sometimes much > than $250 cash.

For starter, you can redeem GCs which at the $100 and up level, is $1 to 100pt ratio.

Then, in many cases, a ticket to domestic US, incl Alaska, excl Hawaii, and to Canada from your home airport, would be worth more than $250. 25K gets you such ticket, though you need to pay tax and fee. In the worst cases posted, the ratio is 1.5c = 1pt. In the best cases posted, the ratio can go as high as 3c = 1pt. Such tickets also earn miles as basically TY buys the ticket on Expedia. A good illustration would be using the 25K pt for a flight to Alaska in summer time (usually costs $650 and up) If you save the TY pts and redeem for international flights, the value can go quite a bit higher - such as going Europe from West Coast, or going Asia from East Coast...

The above example is for Fixed-Point redemption option. If you choose Flex-Point, then the point is valued as exactly 1c = 1pt.

Ooooooh, I was not planning to pull the trigger on another card but 0% for 15 months AND 25000 pts is just too sweet. Even with the $75 fee, it still means $175 in my pocket.

Decisions, decisions...

Thanks for posting all those links!

tashayar said: Ooooooh, I was not planning to pull the trigger on another card but 0% for 15 months AND 25000 pts is just too sweet. Even with the $75 fee, it still means $175 in my pocket.

Decisions, decisions...

Thanks for posting all those links!

tell them to convert it to a free card after the pts post.

I already have the no-fee PPE card. If I'd like to jump on this one, but I am afraid that I'll get the same answer as the one I got when I tried to open the second Prof card "You already have the highest number of cards that can be issued to an individual", I mean I don't think Citi will open a second PPE card for me.

So I guess I'm out, the no-fee PPE is good enough for me to keep it. Bye-bye, 25K TY points!

I guess this card would be really money for a frequent flyer. 25k points which can be redeemed for a spendy flight, but also, you can use the card to get a ridiculous effective CashBack percentage if you only use it on flights (up to the first 25k miles flown). That's equivalent of like another $200.

Ideally, you'd have another citibank card with a low/no fee balance transfer, and just realloacate credit and use that instead of the high-fee BT deal on this card. (Besides, floating a BT would make getting using the card for plane flights more difficult)

Amazing deal for TY points, wish I had waited a couple weeks before applying for my PPE card

coolbargains said: Well I have to disagree with Scooty on YMMV. Its not YMMV. You can obviously get 250 worth GC or else better off an expensive flight ticket worth more than 250 bucks.

You are certainly free to disagree. I fail to see how $250 in GC are more valuable than $250 in cash. Cash in my money market account earns interest. Gift cards do not earn interest.

Credit cards earn at least 2% back, Gift Cards earn nothing. Credit cards have consumer protections, gift cards to not. Gift cards have extended warranties and best value guarantees, gift cards do not.

I don't think it "obvious" at all that one SHOULD buy a more expensive flight just because one CAN. I have tried to find a ticket where I WANTED to go for over 2 years with TY points and I have yet to find one where I could redeem > $.01/TY point.

donthvname said: ScootyPuffSr said:

25K TY pts definitely = or >, sometimes much > than $250 cash.

For starter, you can redeem GCs which at the $100 and up level, is $1 to 100pt ratio.

For starters GC do not earn interest, cash does. For starters gift cards do not earn more rewards, credit cards that are paid with cash do. So at a minimum a $250 gift card is going to cost me at least $5 in foregone rewards.

For starters 25,000 TY points would get me 2 $100 gift cards and my other points would "rot" until I earned another 5,000 points. Cash would not, it would earn me 6% interest.

For starters cash can be used anywhere, gift cards cannot. For starters credit cards paid off with cash have extended warranties and dispute consumer rights, Gift Cards do not.

So I can't speak for you, but for me $250 >> $250 GC.

I did say, YMMV.

i3ighead said:
Regarding the fee. I just swapped out my elite card (via a phone rep) to a regular one and they said that I would get a refund on the fee and that the TY pts will stay. Hope that helps.

How long did you have the PPE card before you made the swap?

25k points which can be redeemed for a spendy flight, but also, you can use the card to get a ridiculous effective CashBack percentage if you only use it on flights (up to the first 25k miles flown).

I was told that loop hole had been closed from several different sources. I was told that flght points can only be matched by purchase points, NOT account opening points.

I agree one earns a ridiculous amount of flight points per $ spent for plane tickets. However, in order to redeem those points you have to earn purchase points and the effective pt/$ is not that great in my opinion for PPE.

ScootyPuffSr said: 25k points which can be redeemed for a spendy flight, but also, you can use the card to get a ridiculous effective CashBack percentage if you only use it on flights (up to the first 25k miles flown).

I was told that loop hole had been closed from several different sources. I was told that flght points can only be matched by purchase points, NOT account opening points.

I agree one earns a ridiculous amount of flight points per $ spent for plane tickets. However, in order to redeem those points you have to earn purchase points and the effective pt/$ is not that great in my opinion for PPE.

Are you saying that you can only get the "fixed flight option" with 25k TY points if those points were accrued as purchase points? I haven't seen that anywhere in TY Network's Ts&Cs. It appears that they treat all available points in your balance the same...i.e. available to redeem for GCs, products, flights, etc.

Are you saying that you can only get the "fixed flight option" with 25k TY points if those points were accrued as purchase points? I haven't seen that anywhere in TY Network's Ts&Cs. It appears that they treat all available points in your balance the same...i.e. available to redeem for GCs, products, flights, etc.

No, I'm not saying anything like that at all. Those 25K TY points are TY points and can be used any way that TY points can be used.

They are NOT, however, purchase points and therefore if you have 25K in flight points banked, waiting to be matched by purchase points, you can't (as I understand the rules) use THESE 25K TY points to pull the banked flight points into your TY point balance.

ScootyPuffSr said: Are you saying that you can only get the "fixed flight option" with 25k TY points if those points were accrued as purchase points? I haven't seen that anywhere in TY Network's Ts&Cs. It appears that they treat all available points in your balance the same...i.e. available to redeem for GCs, products, flights, etc.

No, I'm not saying anything like that at all. Those 25K TY points are TY points and can be used any way that TY points can be used.

They are NOT, however, purchase points and therefore if you have 25K in flight points banked, waiting to be matched by purchase points, you can't (as I understand the rules) use THESE 25K TY points to pull the banked flight points into your TY point balance.

Hmmm I did not know that. My last bonus posted as purchase points but the flight points have not shown up in my account yet. I will post here and let people know if I was able to bank the flight points to match the initial bonus.

In my opinion Thankyou Points are worth more than $.01. To put my money where my mouth is I will pay $ 650 for 60,000 points or $ 1,900 for 165,000 points.

PM me if any one is interested!

Skipping 292 Messages...
tolamapS said: lilyyoungs said: I have the PPE card since 2007 with 250k bonus points.

I made a purchase in 2007 and get about 8k flight points. Since that purchase, I didn't use this card.

If the bonus point counts as purchase points, can the rest of my bonus points (250k-8k) match up my future ticket puechase to earn flight points? or it's already expired.

Is it 250K bonus points, or 25K bonus points? I ask because I can not see how you accumulate 250K bonus points on ONE card.

There were 25K, 20K, and 15K intro bonus offers, so it is feasible for you to have 25K bonus card.

And IMO the answer to your question is yes. I.e., if you have Y number of {bonus+purchase} points, and you have matched X number of points for flights, then X - Y can still be matched. You can start out by buying a short-haul ticket to test if you get the match.

If you are buying a single long-haul ticket, might be a better option to get a new PPE card with 20K bonus. Usually, R&R should work, but you are taking a little risk of rejection and AA>

Thanks.
I mean 25K bonus. Sorry for the typo.
So you mean the unmatched (bonus +purchase) point will stay there for ever until it's matched ?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.