• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
Bmr4life said: Same here. Did they require you to fax in a signature and a proof of address stuff?

They wanted a signature from me or they won't honor checks written on the account - which is a good thing because I don't intend on ever doing that. I actually prefer it. And no proof of address for me. I had to use send a bank statement (blurred out everything though) to FNBO Direct though to verify my address - I think it's cuz I used my cell phone number. I know it said to use your landline number but I never give that out. I gave up and gave CitiBank my home number so I don't have to do a proof of address.. And I'm off to change the number to my cell now.

What is a hard pull?

DH and I opened one account each and funded it with 1.00 from existing accounts.

"Accounts must be in good standing"

what this means? in good standing?
i have open this account with 7000 deposit and withdraw 2000 after a few days, and will keep 7000 for some month. is it in good standing after 90 days?

zoym said: "Accounts must be in good standing"

what this means? in good standing?
i have open this account with 7000 deposit and withdraw 2000 after a few days, and will keep 7000 for some month. is it in good standing after 90 days?

Yes you'll be fine.

Leslie said: What is a hard pull?

DH and I opened one account each and funded it with 1.00 from existing accounts.

It's a credit inquiry which shows up on your credit report - and businesses (or whomever) who pull up your credit report will see it. This is different from a soft pull where only you see it on your credit report.

dc1234 said:

i think there are no fees if you just get the ultimate savings account. the "no monthly fees" is when...

† When held as a stand-alone account.

i guess you should call and apply because using the link in OP shows that...

You are applying for: The Citibank Account

w/ Citibank® Ultimate Savings Account

It seems that the online application does in fact force you to sign up for a checking account, I can't find any way around it no matter what link I try. Reading all of my personal info over the phone is going to be a pain in the butt especially if they are outsourcing to India.

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of annoyed fatwalleters canceling checking accounts when they get their information packets.

Looks like the online application will open the Citibank Account along with the Ultimate Savings Account and that will require $6,000 minimum balance.

The No Minimum Balanace is only available if you open only the Ultimate Savings Account. Look at this link : No Minimum Balance (Standalone Account)

Edit : The only way to get the standalone Ultimate Savings account is by calling but when I called the lady was not upfront about getting me a standalone account and about the offer. Sounds fishy, I'm not sure if they will actually honor this offer. I'll pass.

afeld said: Can someone who has opened this please verify there is no hard pull when you have a Citi Credit Card?

Thanks!

one person in SD confirmed that it is a hard pull.

eagle said: afeld said: Can someone who has opened this please verify there is no hard pull when you have a Citi Credit Card?

Thanks!

one person in SD confirmed that it is a hard pull.

That sucks. I've read several of the threads RE: credit card funding and it seems pretty easy, right? Sometimes there is a lag while they get the correct authorizations, etc., but once the deposit posts you can withdraw and pay back the credit card, correct? I've got a PenFed Cash Rewards Visa w/ a 25K limit doing nothing for me and I wouldn't mind getting 1.25% back on a 20K purchase. Any problems w/ this idea?

Hey folks -- please be careful when posting links for credit offers that include a Prospect ID or a Email ID code. In this case, the link provided contains both. This will link all the applications applied for together, and will basically tell the bank that something fishy is going on with this offer causing further scrutiny of the applications and the offer may be denied or revoked. Edit your links to remove this info, clear your cookies, then test them to make sure they still work.

Corrected link

crap.

I just hit submit then read your reply.

What do you suggest I do now?

Apply again with the new link ?

crap
crap

martin628 said: Hey folks -- please be careful when posting links for credit offers that include a Prospect ID or a Email ID code. In this case, the link provided contains both. This will link all the applications applied for together, and will basically tell the bank that something fishy is going on with this offer causing further scrutiny of the applications and the offer may be denied or revoked. Edit your links to remove this info, clear your cookies, then test them to make sure they still work.

Corrected link

Thanks, I tried to fix it, but couldn't get it to work.

drPedro said: crap.

I just hit submit then read your reply.

What do you suggest I do now?

Apply again with the new link ?

crap
crap
Well it's too late now -- do NOT apply again. The bank understands there will be some sharing of offers among friends and family. The user ID codes gives them the means to track that. However, thousands of applications all using the same user ID codes would catch their attention, especially for limited or targeted offers.

martin628 said: Hey folks -- please be careful when posting links for credit offers that include a Prospect ID or a Email ID code. In this case, the link provided contains both. This will link all the applications applied for together, and will basically tell the bank that something fishy is going on with this offer causing further scrutiny of the applications and the offer may be denied or revoked. Edit your links to remove this info, clear your cookies, then test them to make sure they still work.

Corrected link

Crap, now Im going to be on CITI's black list

Removed link.

ProBanker said: martin628 said: Hey folks -- please be careful when posting links for credit offers that include a Prospect ID or a Email ID code. In this case, the link provided contains both. This will link all the applications applied for together, and will basically tell the bank that something fishy is going on with this offer causing further scrutiny of the applications and the offer may be denied or revoked. Edit your links to remove this info, clear your cookies, then test them to make sure they still work.

Corrected link

Crap, now Im going to be on CITI's black list

Removed link.
Well you never know with banks, prehaps they will appreciate the all the new business and send you a thank you letter with a big check Actually, your link wasn't posted all that long, and the bank is aware that sharing of links does occur. Plus I doubt there's a black list. Of course people who phoned in their application with the offer code are always untracked.

How about just reposting the corrected link in your post, labeled as corrected link, so members can find it easier, and thanks for the effort of sharing the offer...

lacr said: Looks like the online application will open the Citibank Account along with the Ultimate Savings Account and that will require $6,000 minimum balance.

The No Minimum Balanace is only available if you open only the Ultimate Savings Account. Look at this link : No Minimum Balance (Standalone Account)

Edit : The only way to get the standalone Ultimate Savings account is by calling but when I called the lady was not upfront about getting me a standalone account and about the offer. Sounds fishy, I'm not sure if they will actually honor this offer. I'll pass.

I applied online and when I log in the only account that shows up is "Ultimate Savings Account (USA)." No checking account.

Throwstheball said: lacr said: Looks like the online application will open the Citibank Account along with the Ultimate Savings Account and that will require $6,000 minimum balance.

I applied online and when I log in the only account that shows up is "Ultimate Savings Account (USA)." No checking account.

Strange. After you click "Apply Now" on the $100 bonus page, on the next screen where it tells you the four steps, it will say :

You are applying for:
The Citibank Account
w/ Citibank® Ultimate Savings Account

On the left side click "Package Details and Fees" and you will see "Citibank Account" listed to require a minimum balance of $6000.

Dear WALKER,

Your application for The Citibank Account with the following product(s) has been opened:

Citibank® Ultimate Savings Account

WHAT TO DO NEXT

Step 1: Fund Your Account, if you have not done so already. You may fund it by check (made payable to yourself). You may also transfer funds from an external account—to do so, please call 1-800-321-CITI and press option #1.

Step 2: Sign and Send Your Signature Card. Without it, you can't write checks against your account (even if you order the checks elsewhere) and we can't issue you a checkbook. Also, having it on file helps protect you against fraud.

You can either fax it to 866-212-1597 or 866-212-1598 or mail it to:

Citicorp Data Systems Incorporated
Citi Internet Applications
P.O. Box 769011
San Antonio, TX 78245-9963

SIGN ON TO CITIBANK® ONLINE
You created a PIN when you applied for your account, so you already have everything you need to sign on to Citibank® Online right now. Here's what to do: Go to www.CitibankOnline.com

Enter your online User ID and Password. (The User ID you created when you applied is: sonudasouf.)
Agree to the Citibank® Online user agreement, and you'll have access to all of the features at Citibank® Online.

Once you're signed on, you may want to take a tour of the entire site, our free bill payment service, or our money transfer services. It's a good way to learn your way around the site.

WHAT TO EXPECT
Soon you'll receive the following materials in the mail (each will arrive separately): Welcome Kit—which contains important information
about your Citibank Account.

Citibank® Banking Card—which is for accessing
your account at ATMs.

If you don't receive these materials shortly, please call us at 1-800-321-CITI with reference# 0

For the next 90 days, you can review the Disclosures and Agreement that you agreed to when you applied by visiting Citibank Online

Again, thank you for choosing Citibank. We look forward to serving you.

Sincerely,
Citibank Customer Service

This the email I got after I applied...

Tell me If I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem to mention a checking account anywhere...Just an ATM Card...

This is from the first page of the application for the USA.
"Make your initial deposit from another account—just have a blank check handy. Or, use a credit or debit card."(under step 4)

From the same first page from the application page it reads:
You are applying for:
The CI$YBANK account (which is clickable--read below)
w/CI$YBANK ultimate savings acount. Next to that is the offer code and then the link for the application to begin.

Everything I have read[from the initial email and first page of the account] states that there is NO FEE and NO MINIMUM balance (with a notation) that reads ONLY AS A STAND ALONE ACCOUNT.
There is no link or no way to be able to apply for this as a STAND ALONE. The "you are applying for" is fixed text(no way to exclude it).
If anyone has the way to apply for the USA without having to also apply for the CI%IBANK account, please let me know.
I'll save the email and see what others say.
More text from the THE CI$IBANK account (which you are also applying for is):
"Glossary

What's The Citibank Account?
It's a Citibank account Pricing Package that offers Interest or Regular Checking —plus free services including online bill payment.

Here's a quick rundown:

Balance. To avoid monthly fees, you need to maintain a $6,000 combined average balance — an easy goal to reach. Why? Because so many accounts go toward it: Checking, Savings, CDs, Money Market, Lines, Loans, Mortgage and Brokerage (to qualify, accounts must be linked to your ATM/Debit Card.)1
Monthly Fee. None, if you meet the required balance.
If not, in NY, NJ and CT, it's $9.50 for Regular Checking and $12.50 for Interest Checking. In all other states, it's $12.50 for Regular Checking and $15 for Interest Checking.
Checks. Free if you meet the required balance. If not, $.50 per check.
ATM Use. Free unlimited use of Citibank ATMs. Use of non-Citibank ATMs is also free if you meet the required balance. If not, $1 per use.2
Fee Rebates. Save up to $36 a year just by using Direct Deposit, Bill Payment or Automatic Deductions!
Free Services. Online bill payment, online bank statements, wireless and e-mail banking alerts.
1 Other Citibank products may contribute to your combined balance. Call 1-800-374-9700 for details.
2 Fees charged by other institutions for your transactions on non-Citibank ATMs are beyond Citibank's control and are in addition to this fee"

OK, JUST got off the phone with a CSR re: this offer. She stated that someone could come on the phone with me and explain the USA account. It IS available as a stand alone but not with the bonus.
this is bait and switch people. When I asked"so I can't get this USA as a stand alone?" she said" yes you can, I'll get someone to explain it to you, not with that offer". Oh, and she was none too happy when I wouldn't give her my information as I only wanted information.

I thought B&S was illegal??
ETA:
The link above(a few posts) for the stand alone is valid however there is no mention of the $100 bonus.

Throwstheball said: lacr said: Looks like the online application will open the Citibank Account along with the Ultimate Savings Account and that will require $6,000 minimum balance.

I still haven't applied yet. Can anyone else confirm this? Don't want to get stuck with a $6000 min balance.
Also, if you are on the page to begin your application, and you see that it says: "You are applying for: The Citibank Account w/ Citibank® Ultimate Savings Account," you can remove the portion of the URL that says "package=citibank_account" and your application will now say "You are applying for: w/ Citibank® Ultimate Savings Account." Yes, the "w/" is still on there, but the Citibank Account portion is not. Caveat Emptor and all that jazz.

I just applied through the corrected link and set up online access and only have a savings account - no checking. We'll see what happens with regards to the bonus.

YMMV, but I've got a use for this account anyway, so bonus or not I don't mind much.

nybor7 said:
OK, JUST got off the phone with a CSR re: this offer. She stated that someone could come on the phone with me and explain the USA account. It IS available as a stand alone but not with the bonus.
this is bait and switch people. When I asked"so I can't get this USA as a stand alone?" she said" yes you can, I'll get someone to explain it to you, not with that offer". Oh, and she was none too happy when I wouldn't give her my information as I only wanted information.

I thought B&S was illegal??
ETA:
The link above(a few posts) for the stand alone is valid however there is no mention of the $100 bonus.

Same here. The CSR that I talked to said I cannot get the $100 signup bonus if I only open the USA. This is clearly a scam from Citi to lure people to sign up for the wrong "packaged" account thinking there's no minimum. Unbelievable.

The email I received from Citi states that Citi USA is being processed, no other account listed. I think I'm good on this offer.

I signed up by phone, since the link would apparently have forced me to get the checking/savings package deal requiring a $6K minimum balance. I provided the promo code at the beginning of the process, and the (India) CSR confirmed it AND stated that I would see a $100 credit on my account "90 days after the initial statement date". So I'm gonna be ticked off if that doesn't happen.

My online chat with a CSR confirms that the online app does not open a checking account. See below.

Maryrose .: Hello BrianD. Welcome to Citibank! How may I help you?
BrianD: Hello, I have a question about the Ultimate Savings Account offer code CYMJ.
BrianD: It says I get a $100 signup bonus after 90 days.
Maryrose .: Ok
BrianD: But it also says I am applying for "The Citibank Account w/ Ultimate Savings Account."
BrianD: the terms of the Citibank Account seem to indicate I need to maintain a $6000 minimum balance
BrianD: Can I just get the Ultimate Savings Account without the other account, and not have a minimum balance requirement, while still qualifying for the bonus?
Maryrose .: You just opening the Savings in the Citibank Banking package.
BrianD: Yes, I only want to open the Ultimate Savings Account.
Maryrose .: With that promotion, that is all you are opening.
Maryrose .: There is no checking account attached.
BrianD: OK, and there is no minimum balance required on that Ultimate Savings Account?
Maryrose .: No
BrianD: Thank you, that's all I needed to know.

The SD thread on this confirms that same info, and confirms that they do a hard pull. Thanks OP, I'm in.

Toysurfer said: I signed up by phone, since the link would apparently have forced me to get the checking/savings package deal requiring a $6K minimum balance. I provided the promo code at the beginning of the process, and the (India) CSR confirmed it AND stated that I would see a $100 credit on my account "90 days after the initial statement date". So I'm gonna be ticked off if that doesn't happen.

It's not just that they won't honor the $100 signup bonus, make sure they didn't sign you up for the "Citibank Account package" which requires a $6000 minimum balance instead of just the USA.

lacr said: Toysurfer said: I signed up by phone, since the link would apparently have forced me to get the checking/savings package deal requiring a $6K minimum balance. I provided the promo code at the beginning of the process, and the (India) CSR confirmed it AND stated that I would see a $100 credit on my account "90 days after the initial statement date". So I'm gonna be ticked off if that doesn't happen.

It's not just that they won't honor the $100 signup bonus, make sure they didn't sign you up for the "Citibank Account package" which requires a $6000 minimum balance instead of just the USA.

Exactly. That's why I didn't use the link, and made it clear to the CSR that I wanted to open ONLY the savings account.

Bmr4life said: chevydriver said: Thanks, I'm in. It didn't say anything about a balance requirement so I didn't add any.

Same here. Did they require you to fax in a signature and a proof of address stuff?

A signature yes, BUT that said it was required for them to be able to send me the checks. I don't need the checks and don't plan on using the account. I signed up just for the $100.

Throwstheball said: I applied online and when I log in the only account that shows up is "Ultimate Savings Account (USA)." No checking account.

Same here. I assume if it had opened a checking account as well, we'd be able to see it once we're logged in? I'm not worried about it.

Corrected link

Good to know.. But I ended up signing up through CitiCards.com after logging into my account. It had a different promo code for a $50 bonus so I just changed it to CYMJ for the $100.

well I just got off the phone with a rep and it appears there will be some kind of min balance to avoid fee's. In the welcome packet there will be 3 packages (or something, I didn't really understand what he was saying) to choose from. They all have min balances. They also couldn't tell me if they did a hard pull or not but I'm sure they did. I should have known better than to mess around with citi. I've had nothing but problems with them in the past. I don't have $1k to fund the account with and mad that the site was not clear enough on this. I would never have opened this if there was a big catch like this. He couldn't even pull up my account. He said that new accounts take like 3 days before they can be pulled up.

Important: you will get bonus after 90 days of first statement so if you open account today you will get bonus 90 days after 05/31 i.e 90 + 14 = 104 days .

Just pulled my credit reports. I have a hard pull from CitiBank today on Equifax, which is when I opened the online savings account. It didn't show up on Experian and TransUnion is never able to verify my identity for some reason.

chevydriver said: well I just got off the phone with a rep and it appears there will be some kind of min balance to avoid fee's. In the welcome packet there will be 3 packages (or something, I didn't really understand what he was saying) to choose from. They all have min balances. They also couldn't tell me if they did a hard pull or not but I'm sure they did. I should have known better than to mess around with citi. I've had nothing but problems with them in the past. I don't have $1k to fund the account with and mad that the site was not clear enough on this. I would never have opened this if there was a big catch like this. He couldn't even pull up my account. He said that new accounts take like 3 days before they can be pulled up.

Did you talk to India? They were most unhelpful for me.. I asked to speak to a sup and got transferred back to the States. I have no problem with the people who are outsourced as long as they can do their job. Citi reps can't.

this came in my email yesterday after opening the account. note "ultimate savings account"

Your application for The Citibank Account with the following product(s) has been opened:

#
Citibank® Ultimate Savings Account

How long do you need to keep this account open for? Is there any way I can put my money in, wait 3 months, then close the acct?

cardinalandgoldfan said: How long do you need to keep this account open for? Is there any way I can put my money in, wait 3 months, then close the acct?

That's what I was planning on doing.

Since there is no min balance, couldn't you fund with a CC to tap the rewards then take out everything except $1 and leave that in there for 90 days from 5/31?

S105dude said:
Did you talk to India? They were most unhelpful for me.. I asked to speak to a sup and got transferred back to the States. I have no problem with the people who are outsourced as long as they can do their job. Citi reps can't.

Don't remember, it probably was india. It's to late now cause the account is already going so they already did the credit pull. From what people are posting here, it appears theres no min balance. So time will tell I guess. Even if there is, then a few months of fee's won't come close tothe $100 there giving away.

I just did apply for $100 with Citibank Ultimate Savings account

Go to this link

http://www.citibank.com/us/d.htm

Select "Ultimate Savings account"

Ultimate Savings Account

No checking account required, No minimum balance, No monthly service charge. When held as a stand-alone account.
$100 offer is only available for first-time Citibank deposit account customers, and will be paid only once to any individual.

Fill up your information and answer 8 questions to verify identity.

Remember to change code CS26 or others to Code = CYMJ

You will not receive $100 offer if it is NOT "CYMJ". Expired by 5/31/2007

Save and write down your account application number.

Call 1-800-745-1534 or 1-877-695-9400 with your new account number memtion $100 offer with code = CYMJ

Verify that you will receive $100 offer within 90 days.

Be careful with funding throught Credit Card with cash advance. The interest will occur in the 1st day of withdraw + 3% cash advance fee.

Funding Citibank savings account with a credit card
thread1
thread2
thread3

Call your credit card company to verify without fee or interest or send a payment a head of time to cover the funding amount if you want additional 1% off.

Good Luck

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014