• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
another datapoint - I used the updated "clean" link provided, and it only signed me up for the USA savings account, no checking, no minimum balances. Will call to verify $100 tonight.

Followed stnglee's direction and I will receive $100 in 90 days, thanks! You must deposit at least $1 or the acct. will be closed after 90 days.

how long is it taking for your initial deposit to show up? I choose to fund the account with a current checking account, my balance says $0 (it's been about 24 hours)...

3 business days

I have no accounts on Citibank so far. If I open this Savings account FIRST, can I open the Citi Checking account with another $200 offer at the local branch about 1 month later?

In this way, do I have to keep the $6000 minimum balance to avoid the maintainence fee?

stnglee said: I just did apply for $100 with Citibank Ultimate Savings account

Go to this link

http://www.citibank.com/us/d.htm

Select "Ultimate Savings account"

Ultimate Savings Account

No checking account required, No minimum balance, No monthly service charge. When held as a stand-alone account.
$100 offer is only available for first-time Citibank deposit account customers, and will be paid only once to any individual.

Fill up your information and answer 8 questions to verify identity.

Remember to change code CS26 or others to Code = CYMJ

You will not receive $100 offer if it is NOT "CYMJ". Expired by 5/31/2007

Save and write down your account application number.

Call 1-800-745-1534 or 1-877-695-9400 with your new account number memtion $100 offer with code = CYMJ

Verify that you will receive $100 offer within 90 days.

Be careful with funding throught Credit Card with cash advance. The interest will occur in the 1st day of withdraw.

Call your credit card company to verify without fee or interest or send a payment a head of time to cover the funding amount if you want additional 1% off.

Good Luck

Well, if it's billed as a CA you won't get any rebates unless you have a deal like Citi Dividend that offers 1% back specifically for CA's. Fortunately Citi is billing these things as purchases, at least for the time being. If you're paranoid, check your CA limit which should be much lower than your total credit limit, and make the deposit in excess. That way if it bills out as a CA the charge will be declined. Yes, there have been some nattering nabobs of negatism claiming that the issuer may 'recode' as a CA. I find this highly doubtful, and just don't believe the few anecdotal reports of this happening. I'd suggest mailing in the credit card authorization form if you decide to go ahead as I tried faxing twice and they claim to have not received either. I'll be opening yet another USA account using this code before the end of the month. As with the first I'll do it mainly for the 1% rebate and if they decide to give me the $100 that's just chocolate sauce on the banana.

Just to clear up a few issues...

The account signup pages lists the Citi Account checking account package in error. I confirmed this with the Citibank promotions dept. This promo is just for opening the USA - ultimate saving account only, which is a stand alone saving account, unlike the eSavings and the UMA - ultimate money account, which require an attached checking account. Now if you open this by phone, the csa may offer you a checking account if you don't already have one, but it is not reuqired for this offer.

The second point is that Citibank maintains a flag against your SS# for any promo bonus receieved for opening any deposit account (not cc). Once this is set, you will not receive another, no matter how much you ask, cry or moan, even if you have met all other promo requirements. The promotions manager told me that account records are kept for six years after all accounts are closed, and that it is only after this six year period when the records are expunged, that is may be possible to get another promo bonus.

Third, you may apply more easily if you already have a Citibank deposit account by first logging into that system before clicking any promo link. That will bring up the account acceptance screen, without the need for any application to be filled in. Getting the account this way, seems to avoid a hard credit pull.

I find it peculiar that a CSR would volunteer that the account I opened in April qualified despite the fact that I opened a checking account in February if such a flag against SSN does exist. When I say volunteered, I mean just that. I had written about the Citibank Account checking that I thought I had accidentally got stuck with when I opened the USA. Unlike other posters here, satisfying the $6000 balance requirement is no problem as I have plenty o' 0% promo money from Citi. But I do need the opportunity to link the credit card to the checking. Don't worry, I won't complain, cry, write, moan, or do anything beyond logging in to check my account balance to see if the $50 got credited after the August statement prints. If it doesn't it doesn't. As I said above, I added the code for kicks and giggles.

Oh, BTW why would anyone want to log in to open this account? Just to get the info filled in? If you're not going to get the bonus money the only other reason I can see for opening is to use credit card funding to get the rewards. I understand you don't get that option if you open while logged in to your accounts. 4.65% sure isn't anything to write home mom about. Roboform will populate all those pesky fields that need to be filled in on the application.

WalStMonky said: I find it peculiar that a CSR would volunteer that the account I opened in April qualified despite the fact that I opened a checking account in February if such a flag against SSN does exist.

Oh, BTW why would anyone want to log in to open this account? Just to get the info filled in? If you're not going to get the bonus money the only other reason I can see for opening is to use credit card funding to get the rewards. I understand you don't get that option if you open while logged in to your accounts.
Good questions... CSRs do not have access to this field, it is on a different system available to the promotions dept, who determines eligibily of offers and then gives out the bonus. CSRs can only look up the terms of offers and read them to you -- they have no way of knowing what you have previously gotten.

You would log in to open the account to avoid the hard pull, since that process seems to bypass the verification of account info and credit status, and open the account immediately. As to why bother with the bonus if you've gotten one before, I guess the hope would be that they make a mistake in your favor and give you another. Everyone is human, offer terms can vary, and bonus givers get tired. Some FWers have mentioned that they got an unexpected bonus, so it doesn't hurt to try...

Well, it's even easier to avoid the hard pull by not bothering with this account at all. There's an long list of institutions offering accounts with unimpressive terms. I'm sure I've avoided quite a few inquiries on my credit reports by not opening any of these accounts. Anyway, no offense intended but I learned years ago to give little weight to the posts of people who claim to have intimate knowledge of non-public information.

WalStMonky said: Well, it's even easier to avoid the hard pull by not bothering with this account at all. There's an long list of institutions offering accounts with unimpressive terms. I'm sure I've avoided quite a few inquiries on my credit reports by not opening any of these accounts. Anyway, no offense intended but I learned years ago to give little weight to the posts of people who claim to have intimate knowledge of non-public information.Now come on, I thought you were a happy member... This account is not meant for you, or anyone else looking to score big interest rates -- there is a different thread for that. This is for customers who already have a relationship with Citi and want to try to get the best deals available from them, or for those who are new to Citi but are thinking about opening an account there and want to score $100.

As far as my info, it didn't come from a silhouetted figure in a dark alley, it came from a manager in their promo dept who I have worked with before on other issues and trust. In the FW community some members take it upon themselves to do the legwork to sort out these deals and then share that info with others. You aren't forced to believe or act on that info, or take advantage of any deals you don't like. As for me, I appreciate all the hard work members here do to figure this all out, and I find most on here to be honest and reputable.

crap just did the $50 about a month ago

martin628 said: WalStMonky said: Well, it's even easier to avoid the hard pull by not bothering with this account at all. There's an long list of institutions offering accounts with unimpressive terms. I'm sure I've avoided quite a few inquiries on my credit reports by not opening any of these accounts. Anyway, no offense intended but I learned years ago to give little weight to the posts of people who claim to have intimate knowledge of non-public information.Now come on, I thought you were a happy member... This account is not meant for you, or anyone else looking to score big interest rates -- there is a different thread for that. This is for customers who already have a relationship with Citi and want to try to get the best deals available from them, or for those who are new to Citi but are thinking about opening an account there and want to score $100.

As far as my info, it didn't come from a silhouetted figure in a dark alley, it came from a manager in their promo dept who I have worked with before on other issues and trust. In the FW community some members take it upon themselves to do the legwork to sort out these deals and then share that info with others. You aren't forced to believe or act on that info, or take advantage of any deals you don't like. As for me, I appreciate all the hard work members here do to figure this all out, and I find most on here to be honest and reputable.

Exactly as M628 pointed out.... I have Citi CC, and want to extend my relationship with citi (for rewards points, etc. However, I haven't in the past because of the hard pull on my report.

It looks like I can get an account with no hard pull, and get the bonus, if I am signed in.
If I am NOT signed in, I can get the bonus, and fund from a CC... but pay the price with a hard pull...

decisions, decisions....

Are they going to mail me my login info? I don't they gave it to me.

I just applied for 5 or 6 credit cards, do you guys think that I should wait until I get notice from them to apply for this deal?

cperez155 said: I just applied for 5 or 6 credit cards, do you guys think that I should wait until I get notice from them to apply for this deal?Sorry if this wasn't made clear earlier, but Citibank banking and Citibank credit cards are two independent units of Citigroup, with their own websites, login, customer service and applications procedures. You can link your online banking to individual Citi credit cards for making transfer payments instead of bill payments, but other than that they are unrelated.

Logging into your credit card account, will not bypass the banking application process. Only having already opened up at least one banking account then logging into online banking will bypass the application process and hard pull.

Can anyone confirm that it is an Equifax hard pull? I am planning an AOR in a few months and want to make sure I will be able to bump it, before I jump on this offer.

I opened USA on May 3rd for the $50 bonus. I called today to ask if I could receive the $100 bonus instead.
The CSR filed a research order, but did not say no outright. Maybe $100 instead of $50.

I received a welcome booklet the other day.. The first page says that I entered promo code ____ at sign up for a $100 bonus. Glad to see it is down in writing. They also want me to send them a signature card.. Is this absolutely necessary? I won't be writing checks from the account so I sort've just tossed it aside.

EDIT: Received my bank card today.. I don't really need/want one cuz I don't want to pay the fee to withdraw money from a non CitiBank ATM

S105dude said: I received a welcome booklet the other day.. The first page says that I entered promo code ____ at sign up for a $100 bonus. Glad to see it is down in writing. They also want me to send them a signature card.. Is this absolutely necessary? I won't be writing checks from the account so I sort've just tossed it aside.

EDIT: Received my bank card today.. I don't really need/want one cuz I don't want to pay the fee to withdraw money from a non CitiBank ATM

I got my bank card yesterday as well, but I did not get a welcome booklet. They also never told me my account number or confirmed that I was approved (I only got an application confirmation email). So now I have a bank card with a PIN, but no account number, and no money in the account (I was going to fund by sending a check). They did not do a hard pull either, so I'm really wondering what is going on.
CSR in India was no help, as he said my account needed to be activated, but that the department to do that was not open yet. So much for 24/7 customer service.

Update: The Direct Banking CSR confirmed that I have an account and a Welcome Kit went out in the mail today. Wonder why they sent my bank card BEFORE the welcome kit. She also confirmed that the offer code was listed on the account. Looking good.

wolffyman said: Can anyone confirm that it is an Equifax hard pull? I am planning an AOR in a few months and want to make sure I will be able to bump it, before I jump on this offer.

I would like to know this also. Thanks!

Also, when I try to do this under my Citicards account, it asks me to log in again (on the citibank site now), and I can't. How do Citicard holders do this through their account to possibly miss the hard pull?

afeld said: wolffyman said: Can anyone confirm that it is an Equifax hard pull? I am planning an AOR in a few months and want to make sure I will be able to bump it, before I jump on this offer.

I would like to know this also. Thanks!

Also, when I try to do this under my Citicards account, it asks me to log in again (on the citibank site now), and I can't. How do Citicard holders do this through their account to possibly miss the hard pull?
Read my post a few before this one discussing this issue...

Thanks OP. Decided to jump in before this expires and experienced no problems signing up except they didn't like my using a cell number on the application. Consequently I have to mail in a copy of any utility bill which is no real effort. Deposited $1 and will wait for the $100 to appear. In the mean time I'll be busy utilizing this account to reap multiple verification deposits. Looks like easy money. I'll take these all day long.

Thank you stnglee.

Just opened an account with $5 and called and verified with CSR, I will receive a $100 bonus in 90 days.

Thanks!

Just follow stnglee's direction and open it. Thanks. Too bad there will be a hard CC hit.

How can we withdraw the money from this Citi Ultimate Saving acct? Cannot find anyway to link to external account and do ACH transfer easily (like FNBO, ED).

I see that bank to bank transfers are limited for this citi account. Would direct ACH withdrawls over this limit be reject (Ie. if you tried to pay your credit card balance with your citi account no.)?

rollback said: How can we withdraw the money from this Citi Ultimate Saving acct? Cannot find anyway to link to external account and do ACH transfer easily (like FNBO, ED).

They sent me an ATM card. I don't recall asking for one, so I assume it's standard, and the easiest way to get the money out.

Just received my WELCOME TO CITIbank (cheapo) pamphlet. Anyone else?
It requires I send back the signature card.
The inside front cover lists the promotional disclosure with the promo code.
It is ONLY the USA (thank goodness), no checking.
The $100 will be credited to the account 90 days from the end of the statement period in which the account was opened.
Three pages from the back on the ACCOUNT Summary page it lists the USA as a money market account.
I called CS and they assured me there are no minimums on this account.
So, it's all legit...or so I will report when I have the $100.
Not sure if I saw this listed somewhere else but the $100 will be reported to the IRS as interest earned.
$100 interest on about $50 "ain't" bad.
Robyn

floatinginseattle said: . In the mean time I'll be busy utilizing this account to reap multiple verification deposits. Looks like easy money. I'll take these all day long.

How many are you planning to get?

Robyn

rollback said:
How can we withdraw the money from this Citi Ultimate Saving acct? Cannot find anyway to link to external account and do ACH transfer easily (like FNBO, ED).
They send you a baning card/ATM.
Robyn

I got a letter that I have to mail/fax signature sheet. Otherwise, they would consider that "I am no longer interested in the account."

chevydriver said: Bmr4life said: chevydriver said: Thanks, I'm in. It didn't say anything about a balance requirement so I didn't add any.

Same here. Did they require you to fax in a signature and a proof of address stuff?

A signature yes, BUT that said it was required for them to be able to send me the checks. I don't need the checks and don't plan on using the account. I signed up just for the $100.

I opened the account and transferred $1 there from my ING account. It was verified. I log in today and it says that I have a -$10.00 balance. what on earth is going on. It says

06-05 DEP CHECK RETD $ 1.00 $ -10.00

06-05 FEE-DEP CK RTN $ 10.00

05-25 DEPOSIT $ 1.00 $ 1.00

What the hell...?

What's the mystery? The $1 item you deposited bounced. They charged a $10 fee. One of most rotten, evil, and just plain wrong fees that banks have come up with, but there you go.

I'm not quite sure how this bounced as this was a deposit from my ING savings account. Someone enlighten me but I am going to call the bank as well on this... I might just leave this account be as this is the first time i've ever had a deposit bounce back...

So you scheduled a pull from ING? IIRC they don't allow that. If they don't, they just reversed it. If that ain't it, I don't know.

Hotmail has link to $50 offer to open an ultimate money account but must open or link to citi checking account. Promo ID is CSNK.

Here is the link, not sure if the link has any referal or link to email.
http://direct.citibank.com/cbol/07/uma/thirdpartymedia/default.htm?Promo_ID=CSNK&BTData=402107B786961745E55494AB0BEB1A7A29E948490FFF7FFECEAC5C2D676AF9A2&BT_TRF=549574&BT_CON=152&ProspectID=CF95B87C17DF41B59D0317D8E86B2218

Opened my account 5/17, received $100 bonus on 7/13. I guess the $100 was worth it for a hard pull since I won't be needing new lines of credit anytime soon . Thanks OP!

Got mine too!

honghong322 said: I opened the account and transferred $1 there from my ING account. It was verified. I log in today and it says that I have a -$10.00 balance. what on earth is going on. It says

06-05 DEP CHECK RETD $ 1.00 $ -10.00

06-05 FEE-DEP CK RTN $ 10.00

05-25 DEPOSIT $ 1.00 $ 1.00

What the hell...?

What happened was, the way they process the initial deposit is they send a paper check with your account,routing and check numbers to the funding bank, since ING does not allow checks to be written against accounts, your checked bounced, you have to use an account which has checking privileges.

Wow- that was quick--signed up May 31st, my $100 bonus already posted!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014