• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I searched but did not see this offer --

I have 2 CITI credit cards and just recieved an email advertising 4.65%APY Ultimate Savings Account, no fees, no minimum, no checking required, offer code CYMJ:

for your account ending in xxxx:

This offer is not available at Citibank Financial Centers.

*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of 5/1/2007 and is subject to change without notice. The rate will apply only to accounts opened through citibank.com or by phone, and may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.

**$100 offer is only available for first-time Citibank deposit account customers, and will be paid only once to any individual. Persons who currently have or at any time have had a deposit account at Citibank (or any of its predecessor banks) are not eligible. To receive this offer you must apply for and open a new Ultimate Savings Account by 5/31/2007. $100 will be credited to your Ultimate Savings Account within 90 days from the end of the statement period in which your account was opened. Accounts must be in good standing at the time of the $100 credit.

All accounts are subject to approval. Customer must be a citizen or resident alien of the United States (U.S.) with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number. The amount of any bonus payment will be reported to the IRS as interest earned in the year credited. Persons under 18 years of age are not eligible. Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice and is not transferable.

† When held as a stand-alone account.

Deposits are subject to Citibank’s standard funds availability schedule.

Updated Link

CYMJ

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I got a free glazed donut coupon from 7-11 with my statement. $100 and a donut. Woo hoo! Check those enclosures with ... (more)

PlainGirlJane (Jul. 31, 2007 @ 2:49p) |

They pulled a hard on EQ, and denied me for a savings account!

CactusWill (Aug. 01, 2007 @ 1:28a) |

have not got my bonus after 120 days......

zoym (Aug. 01, 2007 @ 4:52a) |

FYI: Hard pull on Equifax.

Hey folks -- please be careful when posting links for credit offers that include a Prospect ID or a Email ID code. In this case, the link provided contains both. This will link all the applications applied for together, and will basically tell the bank that something fishy is going on with this offer causing further scrutiny of the applications and the offer may be denied or revoked. Edit your links to remove this info, clear your cookies, then test them to make sure they still work.

Corrected link

http://direct.citibank.com/cbol/07/usa/crosssell/default.htm?Promo_ID=CYMJ

Just to clear up a few issues...

The account signup pages lists the Citibank Account checking account package in error. I confirmed this with the Citibank promotions dept manager. This promo is just for opening the USA - ultimate saving account only, which is a stand alone saving account, unlike the eSavings and the UMA - ultimate money account, which require an attached checking account. Now if you open this by phone, the csa may offer you a checking account if you don't already have one, but it is not reuqired for this offer.

The second point is that Citibank maintains a flag against your SS# for any promo bonus receieved for opening any deposit account (not cc). Once this is set, you will not receive another, no matter how much you ask, cry or moan, even if you have met all other promo requirements. The promotions manager told me that account records are kept for six years after all accounts are closed, and that it is only after this six year period when the records are expunged, that is may be possible to get another promo bonus.

Third, you may apply more easily if you already have a Citibank deposit account by first logging into that system before clicking any promo link. That will bring up the account acceptance screen, without the need for any application to be filled in. Getting the account this way, seems to avoid a hard credit pull.

Do you have a link for that?

good offer, better than the current $50

Added link.

If we can fund this with a CC it'd make a great combo deal!

Just in case this $100 link is no longer good
The $50 deal is
1-877-695-9400
code cya3

Funny thing is I went to open a savings account in order to fund it with a credit card and collect the reward money. Just for kicks and giggles I put in the $50 code, which I knew was had the same T&C about never having held an account with Citi or any bank that it bought in the past. Snafus aplenty trying to fund the account, from disappearing faxes to mistyping the amount to fund which got it denied. In the course of correspondence with Citi trying to get the account funded the CSR acknowledged that I had qualified for the $50 and would collect after 3 months. No, haven't collected yet, and won't argue if it doesn't happen, but I'll actually look for it from time to time. Anyway, the 15k TY points assuages any remorse.

ymarker said: If we can fund this with a CC it'd make a great combo deal!

From their FAQ:
"Your initial deposit can be funded via a transfer from your current bank account, by using your credit card, or by mailing in a check."
Doesn't appear to be any minimum deposit, and the only requirement is that you keep the account "in good standing." Sounds like a free $100 to me.

weasbri said: ymarker said: If we can fund this with a CC it'd make a great combo deal!

From their FAQ:
"Your initial deposit can be funded via a transfer from your current bank account, by using your credit card, or by mailing in a check."
Doesn't appear to be any minimum deposit, and the only requirement is that you keep the account "in good standing." Sounds like a free $100 to me.

Plus lots of Thank You pts

Are you guys sure there's no fee? When I click on the link, they send me to the application. The application says that I'm applying for The Citibank Account w/ Citibank® Ultimate Savings Account. Seems like the combined average balance is $6,000.

Just wanna make sure before I apply as well?

The Citibank Account

Combined Average
Balance
• $6,000

Free if you meet the combined balance. Otherwise the fee is:
• NY, NJ & CT:$9.50 (Regular Checking); $12.50 (Interest Checking)
• All other states:$12.50 (Regular); $15 (Interest)

• Free if you meet the combined balance
• If not $.50 per check

Free with the combined balance. Otherwise it's:
• $1.50 per use

• The Basics
• The Extras: Rebates on monthly fees!

I saw that as well under the "Package deals and fees" link on the left of the pre-application screen. It does not mention anything refering to this account type, but it does say that specifics on certain accounts will be included in the application terms (it says something to that extent). On the application it does clearly state no minimum balances, etc. I just applied for the account and I am hopeing they do not charge me for not maintaining a $6k min. I guess we shall see.

I knew this is a newbie question, but i have several checking and savings account. If i closed a few does this affect my credit at all? thanks! I just signed up for this account!! THANKS!! every dollar helps starving college students!

Dc and Stamp (and all others)...

Fees you saw concerned me too... so i did online chat with CSR... she told me to look HERE

Ultimate Savings Account
No checking account or online bill payments required for the Ultimate Savings Account.
4.65% APY
No minimum balance required
No checking account required
Apply online or by phone

ALSO, on a side note....

SAME CSR told me that citi no longer does HARD pull when opening an account IF you already have an existing relationship with them (such as a credit card account)... BUT VERIFY for yourselves (because you know how clueless CSR's can be!!!)

Can someone who has opened this please verify there is no hard pull when you have a Citi Credit Card?

Thanks!

crap...i just applied (and was approved for $5k) for a citi card this am...

i should have waited until the account is active...hopefully they wont do 2 hard pulls in one day...gggggrrrrhhh...

Just applied, account is being processed.

Thanks OP.

I got the e-mail too, not sure if I will apply. I want to minimise hard pulls as I want to do another AOR in 6 months.

if i had a checking account with citi, am i eligible for this offer?

HUSSEIN1 said: if i had a checking account with citi, am i eligible for this offer?

How can you misinterpret this? "**$100 offer is only available for first-time Citibank deposit account customers, and will be paid only once to any individual. Persons who currently have or at any time have had a deposit account at Citibank (or any of its predecessor banks) are not eligible."

Has anyone gotten this bonus already having a washington mutual (wamu) account?

OK...so initial deposit can be as small as $10 to fund the account ?

Interested to know myself...is there a min to fund to get the $100? Also is there a more direct link without all the gibberish in the url, for some reason it makes me insecure.

-Max$

I remember the good old time when you get an ipod for opening a Citibank account and if I remember it correctly I think I was able to get Citibank deals twice .. I opened a Citybank account may be around 2 years after I closed the first account (with a free iPod) and ended up getting another iPod with the second account.

Can anyone confirm if you did have a Citibank account at one point in the past and was still able to get the deal the second time around? How long is it between the 2 account openings?

Thanks, I'm in. It didn't say anything about a balance requirement so I didn't add any.

chevydriver said: Thanks, I'm in. It didn't say anything about a balance requirement so I didn't add any.

Same here. Did they require you to fax in a signature and a proof of address stuff?

how can i make sure i get the bonus thank you points?

Technologist said: Dc and Stamp (and all others)...

Fees you saw concerned me too... so i did online chat with CSR... she told me to look HERE

Ultimate Savings Account
No checking account or online bill payments required for the Ultimate Savings Account.
4.65% APY
No minimum balance required
No checking account required
Apply online or by phone

ALSO, on a side note....

SAME CSR told me that citi no longer does HARD pull when opening an account IF you already have an existing relationship with them (such as a credit card account)... BUT VERIFY for yourselves (because you know how clueless CSR's can be!!!)

i think there are no fees if you just get the ultimate savings account. the "no monthly fees" is when...

† When held as a stand-alone account.

i guess you should call and apply because using the link in OP shows that...

You are applying for: The Citibank Account

w/ Citibank® Ultimate Savings Account

kobun said: Has anyone gotten this bonus already having a washington mutual (wamu) account?

Excuse me for being dense, but What does WAMU have to do witha Citi account?

just need to figure out how to get my free thank you points. any thoughts? i am sure it will be in the welcome kit

Anyone have a more "direct" url without the extras?

If the account can be funded with a credit card, I wanna know what their max limit is, not the minimum.

If we fund this new account using credit card, will it be treated as cash advance or purchase? Anyone has tried?

Thanks.

I just called to open the account, and it went fairly smoothly.
The CSR first tried to get me to (additionally) open a checking account, and then later a MMA, but when I said I was concerned that doing so might expose me to monthly fees, she just said "OK" and moved on with her speil.
Took a bit longer than I expected, and only time will tell if they hit me with a hard pull, but it seems like an easy Benjamin for a few minutes on the phone. Thanks OP!

where does it say anything about 15k TY points AND the $100 ? i might be missing it..

drdavidge said: where does it say anything about 15k TY points AND the $100 ? i might be missing it..

No one mentioned 15k TY Pts, I believe some people *may* have had TY Pts Bonuses based on having multiple CITI accts in addition to credit card accts that they have with CITI. So some people came to the conclusion they may get TY Pts from having this acct open. Its all speculative at this point, the $100 bonus, or any TY Pts for that matter.

Wait, is there any monthly fees attached to this account?

I went ahead and opened an account. I logged into my CitiBank credit card account and there was an offer for a $50 bonus at sign up with a promo code. I simply changed it to CYMJ listed in the link from the OP and opened the account. We'll see if the $100 bonus actually shows up. I started the account up with $100.00 from my checking account.

davy95 said: If we fund this new account using credit card, will it be treated as cash advance or purchase? Anyone has tried?

Thanks.

That was the disclaimer listed. I was going to do that but a) I don't want it to be treated as a cash advance and b) you need to mail (maybe fax?) an authorization form for that. So.. I skipped it and just used my checking account.

Skipping 86 Messages...
have not got my bonus after 120 days......

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014