$1000 10% cd June 8 and 9

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
OK, the link doesnt seem to show it, but call the phone number, it was in today's Mercury News Business section.

Meriwest 10%

PS. The ad says you need to open a checking account.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

cameron2003 said: OK, the link doesnt seem to show it, but call the phone number, it was in today's Mercury News Business section.

Meriwest 10%

1 month, 6 months, 10 years?

Also assume it is 1 year. I wonder how many people will jump on this deal who wouldn't jump on a $40 sign up bonus. That is all you are left with assuming you can get 6% easily anyway.

Looks like it is only available at a specific branch in San Jose:

* Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is valid for the stated term of the certificate. The minimum and maximum balance to open the account and earn the stated APY is $1,000. Limit one term share certificate per new member. Penalty for early withdrawal. Does not qualify for 0.25% Relationship Advantage certificate rate bump. Current members must refer a new member. Certain restrictions apply. Contact the Credit Union for complete details. New membership and new checking account required. Funds must originate from non-Meriwest accounts only. Limited time offer valid only on June 8-9, 2007, and available only at the River Oaks Financial Center. Membership is required with a one-time, non-refundable $5 fee.

Promo Link

ScootyPuffSr said: cameron2003 said: OK, the link doesnt seem to show it, but call the phone number, it was in today's Mercury News Business section.

Meriwest 10%

1 month, 6 months, 10 years?

Also assume it is 1 year. I wonder how many people will jump on this deal who wouldn't jump on a $40 sign up bonus. That is all you are left with assuming you can get 6% easily anyway.

"Membership is required with a one-time, non-refundable $5 fee."
$40
-$5
_____
$35

Porqin said:

$40
-$5
_____
$35

Correct me if I am wrong.

1000 *1.10 = 1100;
100 * 0.35 (tax assumed at 35%)
=============================
Total gain = 65 - 5 (fee) = 60$

I dont think I can be bothered to drive down to San Jose for 60$ paid after a yeear, and I live 30 miles away.

markol0 said: Porqin said:

$40
-$5
_____
$35

Correct me if I am wrong.

1000 *1.10 = 1100;
100 * 0.35 (tax assumed at 35%)
=============================
Total gain = 65 - 5 (fee) = 60$

I dont think I can be bothered to drive down to San Jose for 60$ paid after a yeear, and I live 30 miles away.

You missed the point entirely.

We were not calculating "total gain" as you did. We were calculating the marginal benefit versus putting the money in a 6% savings product.

DeanaCal said: ...
Current members must refer a new member.

So who is going to refer who....

any bank offers 6% apr?
It's like only 5.2% around.

telflonmail said: DeanaCal said: ...
Current members must refer a new member.

So who is going to refer who....

Good question! From my reading, "Limit one term share certificate per new member." ... "Current members must refer a new member." It sounds if you are NOT a member, and want to open this account, then a current member must refer you.

They have a 5 star rating from Bauerfinancial.com......looks like all the flights
to San Jose will be filled with senior citizens locking in their 10%.

Accounts must be opened at the branch. One must take into account the standard $0.445 per mile driving expenses (reimbursement rate).

bmechen said: any bank offers 6% apr?

FNBO Enjoy.

Tytie

markol0 said: I dont think I can be bothered to drive down to San Jose for $60 paid after a year, and I live 30 miles away.
Agreed.

Tytie

TYTBUDGET said: bmechen said: any bank offers 6% apr?

FNBO Enjoy.

Tytie

and don't forget Everbank 6.01% for 3mos. on FreeNet checking account

They will be closing next month... hehe

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014